Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    What ever the FOUR HORSEMEN did with her face, i donīt know what they were trying to do and that rushed paint job on the prototype didnīt help either...

With all the delays, the protytype face, the translucent hair issue, the not white, than again white still slightly grey white outfit, it makes me a bit nervous but in the end i know i will love her.

She is a fabulous character. So please Mattel send out those review samples

It's too bad she didn't end up looking exactly like the photoshopped picture Eamon did a while ago. That was EXACTLY like the Filmation face!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

yep. usually all the production faces look jacked up, the proto's of adora and sorceress faces were imo perfect. the production of adora was not bad,, but sorceress looks like she's on crack
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I always thought Catra and Frosta were two of the more beautiful women on the She-Ra show...but neither of their faces are doing it for me at all.

I think the gauntness you speak of makes them look more warrior like...
    What do you mean, Mern-Ra? I'm saying gaunt as in, they haven't eaten well in months. Gaunt like those creepy Housewives who keep getting cheek-bone implants, only to have the skin on their faces just drape over their bones. It's gross!

And they're never smiling, or just looking serious. It's this super-creepy mannequin expression on all their faces. How is it the men all look convincingly angry or fierce, but the gals just look like they're asleep on the operating table with their eyes open?

I'm really looking forward to seeing the reviews for Frosta as well. I'm not too happy with her mouth the way it is but otherwise, I like her.
    Again, the face kind-of is the figure in this case. Mattel couldn't really have messed her up much, both her Filmation and Vintage designs are similar and simple. So all they needed was a strong facial sculpt...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Seems Tallstar was the only one in that set that came through unscathed.
    Agreed. The other two suffered in one form or another which is a huge bawling shame since the box set was kinda pricey. On a side note; I'm glad Matty is excising the 3-packs. It's a great way to get more figures out at once, but they have yet to hit the sweet spot on how to get these out there.

Back to Frosta. Agree that I'm looking forward to Fwoosh, Pixel Dan, et. al., reviews of her also. I have a feeling she's gonna be great and with the Horsemen that's 99.9% of the time, but the review samples will really help tell the tale.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Actually i didnīt forget about Starla. I didnīt mention her since my point is not the paint job on the faces itīs the final sculpt and in my opinion Adora and Jewelstar simply havenīt the same faces as their prototypes.

My guess is, it must be really hard to sculpt such a small item that itīs a 100% match but iīm not a sculpter or anything. Just an observer and customer.
    I canīt even look at Jewelstars prototype, seeing her face and than turning to my shelf looking at that simply different face saddens me...

But Starla on the other hand, i donīt get why her paint applications are so wrong, her hair has almost no wash, mine has an uneven lip and i donīt know where here eyes are looking at not even one looks to the front...

What ever the FOUR HORSEMEN did with her face, i donīt know what they were trying to do and that rushed paint job on the prototype didnīt help either...

With all the delays, the protytype face, the translucent hair issue, the not white, than again white still slightly grey white outfit, it makes me a bit nervous but in the end i know i will love her.

She is a fabulous character. So please Mattel send out those review samples

It's the paint, not the sculpt. You can tell in the pictures you posted where a subtle change in size or definition affected their look. I've also seen many a talented customizer take a "blah" figure head and elevate it to another level simply with new 'make-up'. I filled in the bottom lip on my Jewelstar and it did help. I'd redo her eyes as well if I had that talent, but sadly...

As to the subject of this thread, it's not so much her lips now that bother me (they have been improved), but she still has huge, wide-open eyes, and that bugs me. If I remember correctly, there was mention of Reuben still working on her face before final production; I hope that was addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    It's the paint, not the sculpt. You can tell in the pictures you posted where a subtle change in size or definition affected their look. I've also seen many a talented customizer take a "blah" figure head and elevate it to another level simply with new 'make-up'. I filled in the bottom lip on my Jewelstar and it did help. I'd redo her eyes as well if I had that talent, but sadly...

As to the subject of this thread, it's not so much her lips now that bother me (they have been improved), but she still has huge, wide-open eyes, and that bugs me. If I remember correctly, there was mention of Reuben still working on her face before final production; I hope that was addressed.
    I donīt know if i had the talent to redo her face but i know i shouldnīt have to. And if i could afford multiple Jewelstar figures to try it out but since they are a threepack...

So now all my hopes are lying on someone called Reuben. Okay, you Mr Reuben Sir, please make me one happy PoP Fan, Sir! Thank Thee in advance

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    broken link

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternianghost View Post
    broken link
    Not for me it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 78768Attachment 78769Attachment 78770

"The next offering in the Masters of the Universe Classics, Princess of Power sub line is Frosta. Frosta will be the October Club Eternia figure and available for sale October 15th, 2012 on MattyCollector.com.

This version of the character seems more heavily influenced by her Filmation animation appearance than her vintage toy counterpart. Like most of the vintage POP figures from Mattel, vintage Frosta had sparkly, soft goods costume pieces such as skirts and capes. MOTUC has thus far steered away from any soft goods pieces, thus the MOTUC Frosta having a plastic, solid blue cape and plastic white skirt more in line with her animated counterpart. She has a very Batgirl-like cape and her boots have the multiple points also like the animated version.

The figure’s hair is cast in translucent blue plastic with a light white paint wash over it. It’s a little difficult to capture in pictures, but a nice touch when you have the figure in hand.

Unfortunately she suffers from a case of “Mattel White.” Mattel White has been a widespread issue in most of their 6″ figure lines for some time. This is the phenomenon of characters that should have white on their costumes… the plastic is actually cast in a very dull gray. So, while Frosta might be an “Ice Empress” there is clearly a lot of dirty snow in Eternia.

Frosta has the new MOTUC female buck we saw on the Star Sisters and similar articulation.

She come with an updated version of her magic, spinning whistle-wand (non-whistling), the head of which spins and is cast in translucent plastic."
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

gettign an error 404
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My only comment.....

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I am not to happy with the face, hair, or "white" color judging by those photos, & Frosta is my favorite POP character.
    Frosta should be beautiful with a pixie type quality to her face, she just looks... mad... and I have been very disheartened by the "off-white" that all MOTUC figures seem to be released with, I don't understand why a "bright white" option is never offered on these figures.

I'm hoping for the best when I get her in hand...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Wow, she looks awesome.

I dislike - her mouth, she is sneering. Her hair it looks like a bad wig. Her eyes...they are odd, overly large and lifeless. Her jaw line seems to rigid possibly. Her nose and cheek bones are good.

Her staff has no detail at all, just a plain white pole.

And of course the Mattel-white of her costume. From Harley Quinn to She-ra 1.0 Mattel just can't get the color white to actually be well....white.

Frosta is also my favorite POP character, and I am highly disappointed, though I do believe she is an improvement over the prototype's paint job.

I hope to see more from POP figures in the future.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I think she looks damn great. Looks like her face is cast in plastic flesh tone rather than painted which kinda sucks, but otherwise I'm lovin' it.

She's my favorite and I think she turned out awesome!

Frosta... ME GUSTA!!!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Is it just me, or does it look like she has the non-Battleground Teela legs? Looks to me like she has the socket-style thigh articulation like Teela, Catra, & Adora have. If so, wootness! If not, I'm seeing things LOL
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

No matter what she looks like, some PoP fans will be unhappy. The ways it goes.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Wow! She looks great! The hair turned out alright in the end, and I think I spy 1.0 thighs under there, heck yeah!! Approved!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Is it just me, or does it look like she has the non-Battleground Teela legs? Looks to me like she has the socket-style thigh articulation like Teela, Catra, & Adora have. If so, wootness! If not, I'm seeing things LOL
    ~RK
    She has the fully possible upper legs like Teela and Evil-Lyn, however, she has the long pelvis that started with BP She-ra. This combined with the skirt design means we can see the leg joins. Which would not be so bad if the thigh pegs were cast or painted blue rather then white/gray.

I believe Scott said that the next female after Netossa will have a new pelvis that is shorter. Which will help ladies without skirts like Glimmer, Angella, Shokoti, and Octavia to name a few.

I'm happy with her except the black collar and white thigh pegs. But I'll wait until I have her in hand to make any true judgement. Either way I can't wait to have in my collection.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I dislike - her mouth, she is sneering. Her hair it looks like a bad wig. Her eyes...they are odd, overly large and lifeless. Her jaw line seems to rigid possibly. Her nose and cheek bones are good.

Her staff has no detail at all, just a plain white pole.

And of course the Mattel-white of her costume. From Harley Quinn to She-ra 1.0 Mattel just can't get the color white to actually be well....white.

Frosta is also my favorite POP character, and I am highly disappointed, though I do believe she is an improvement over the prototype's paint job.

I hope to see more from POP figures in the future.

It still looks like the same paint job at SDCC that PD brought up to Toyguru in his video.....and the response was that the white would be improved over the grey look.......and what do you know? It didn't happen.

We all know that the white should look like BP She-Ra and not the grey dab of the Sorceress or the original She-Ra.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Eugh. What happened to Frosta?

I'm not a fan of the dark blue translucent hair. I think her hair should be a "light blue" similar to her belt, as opposed to a "dark blue" like her bodice. And the translucent plastic for the hair is out of place and doesn't align with any prior media or images of Frosta (style-guide, original toy or Filmation).

The final paint application on the mouth doesn't really seem to have worked. Frosta went from having a slightly "off" smile to a grimace.

And is the black choker/collar new? I'm sure it was light blue originally. The black looks really out of place when Frosta doesn't have black anywhere else on her costume. I'm hoping it is just painted and it might be possible to remove the black paint, leaving the choker/collar the same blue as the cape.

And Mattel's "white". Why do they use it? We received "bright white" for She-Ra V2.0. Why wasn't the same white plastic/paint used for Frosta?

I'll be buying Frosta because she is a much needed addition to The Great Rebellion and an A-List POP member, but I don't think the figure lived up to its huge potential at all. Why isn't the same care and attention devoted to figures like Fisto also applied to Frosta?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Frosta looks great BUT, I'm pretty sad she's light gray instead of white. Her inner hips are molded in the light gray instead of blue too...that's very noticeable and unfortunate.

Her collar is a different colour which is strange. I wonder why they changed it? I'm not sure which I like better, but it's interesting it was changed.

Her wand looks much nicer! I wish her translucent hair was not translucent and that her cape WAS translucent. I think they got that decision backwards Her face does look nicer than it did, but the sculpt still looks a tad rough and looks like it needed a bit more refinement. She has a lot of sharp edges on her face that look like they need smoothing out.

I like her, but I'm pretty sad that she's not white. SO many people beat Mattel over the head with this issue and Toyguru said they were working on her colouring and it would be fixed...but it's not. She's going to look all dirty in winter pictures, or standing beside She-Ra now.

EDIT: Actually, I think I understand the translucent hair choice now. I *think( her wand head, shield and hair may have used the same plastic, which saves Mattel money. That's also the reason her inner hips are white instead of blue (legs + hips + arms + hands + skirt + top, were all cast in white). It's all about saving money.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No matter what she looks like, some PoP fans will be unhappy. The ways it goes.
    No matter what any figure from any faction looks like, there will be people who are unhappy....why make it about POP fans?

I think I can be critical of my most wanted POP figure. I'm happy with her overall, but it's frustrating that we were told she was definitely white and she is not. The dark collar is an odd choice. I wish they would give the appropriate females an open hand already, if Castaspella has two closed hands that would just be ridiculous.

I can't wait to finally add another female rebellion member to the shelf (I don't really count the Star Sisters).