Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    And Mattel wonders why subscriptions are down...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    And Mattel wonders why subscriptions are down...
    It's a test to the next ( subscription I mean, ToyGuru )
    This is how you can fix yours...

Last edited by AlessandraF; September 5, 2012 at 08:45am.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Not crazy about the hair color (it should be lighter and less purple-ish), but the facial features are pretty much dead on to the Filmation version. AlessandraF- the face looks softer (and pretty) in your fix, but it actually looks LESS like Frosta as a result. Frosta's face had sharp angles, just like we see here in the jawline and the cheekbones. She had a well defined nose bridge (like most of the Filmation gals) and the eyes are angled about right. Even the eyebrows are pretty much the right shape and angle. The eyes might be a tad big, but they do look a bit bigger in straight on shots from the toon than some of the angled shots. The only real difference here is that the face is a bit longer, but I can see some problems with it looking somewaht scrunched in three dimensions if it was as short as Filmation sometimes drew it. As for the mouth, I probably would have preferred more of a hint of a mischevious smile (thinking about how she scared the bejabbers out of He-Man in "Sweet Bee's Home"), but I understand a more neutral expression here.

Going to be hard to tell on a female arm whether or not the forearms are reversed without the pronounced musculature of the male arms. Regardless, Mattel will say it was intended to be that way rather than admit they fouled up again (and again and again) on the same issue, so it's probably a moot point from the get-go.
    Last edited by scott metzger; September 5, 2012 at 08:50am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh... what is wrong with her face? I see no difference in the prototype to the actual one. My complaint comes with why is her hair so dark? That does not look transluscent to me. And yeah, it looks like they reversed her gloves.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

"Sigh" She still looks like a cracked out Courtney Love! I just wish they would have gone back to having the painted faces then the plastic ones.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    uh oh......
    Looks like those forearms are reversed. Plus why all the dark blue and gray?? What happened to SDCC Frosta??

*EDIT*
    The Fwoosh pics of Frosta look much better. The white actually looks white and her hair does not look nearly as dark.
    Last edited by NastyNate; September 5, 2012 at 10:34am.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I love how Mattel have taken the most attractive female character from the brand.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...os/FrostaE.jpg

and turned out this!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1346809559

Is the first pic really from SDCC? That's quite a difference. I didn't mind the Frosta we are getting... Until I saw this. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    Is the first pic really from SDCC? That's quite a difference. I didn't mind the Frosta we are getting... Until I saw this. LOL
    Im pretty sure that first pic is a photo shop by Eamon

EDIT

Yup that is Eamon's pic, b/c that is Frosta at NYTF not SDCC, you can tell by the weapon in her hand. So its not fair to compare a photo shopped image to a real toy
    Last edited by fireball13z; September 5, 2012 at 10:55am.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    It's a test to the next ( subscription I mean, ToyGuru )
    This is how you can fix yours...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/j...frosta-fix.jpg
    You all know I'll be fixing mine.

I'll be messing with the eyes some too.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    You all know I'll be fixing mine.

I'll be messing with the eyes some too.
    Good. Fix mine, too.

Her hair is flatter, and colors and forearms swapping aside, according to the Fwoosh pics, did they actually ONLY paint the front half of the outfit blue, and kept the back white/gray/whatever?

Is this Mattel or Bandai America? I see we found RIGHT where the budget stopped on her. Apparently Stinkor needed a companion piece on the pegs. I stick up for Scott ALOT, but he should be ashamed of himself after this one. I only pray I am wrong and everything I am seeing is either bad lighting or a bad sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Her hair is flatter, and colors and forearms swapping aside, according to the Fwoosh pics, did they actually ONLY paint the front half of the outfit blue, and kept the back white/gray/whatever?
    It's a design choice to make her pop. Pretty cool, huh?
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    It's a design choice to make her pop. Pretty cool, huh?
    She was already "Pop". Thanks.

I don't want to be that guy...not convinced they are reversed yet. I think that was like that back at Toy Fair. Have to check my camera. Vee Bee's new pics make me skeptical.

But the bodice? Seriously?
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; September 5, 2012 at 12:01pm.

Heroic Warrior
    It's not fair to compare a photoshopped image to a real toy
    I honestly don't see why... they currently have the technology to give a toy the face that is required, and to reproduce anything that has been drawn in 2D or in 3D.

It's the first time I'm not very fond of the 4 Horsemen's work on a MOTUC figure's face...

The issues with Frosta and Netossa make me wonder whether I'll buy any Great Rebellion members again in the future...

Eamon's Frosta face was so lovely that I immediately fell in love with it ! Too bad we won't get Eamon's "Filmation face Frosta" on the official MOTUC release... Maybe Kevin Kosse could sculpt a much more beautiful (and Filmation accurate) face for the Ice empress !?
    Last edited by Prahvus; September 5, 2012 at 12:20pm.

Thanks Prahvus, MOTUC Adora shows how close they can get to the Filmation face design if they wanted to and now the rights are nailed down there is really no reason Mattel couldn't have given her a face sculpt similar to Eamon's picture. Also I used his photoshoped pic to suggest Frosta was the most beautiful Woman in the franchise, because Eamons picture made her out to be stunning.....exactly what frosta is in all her media and should have been in her MOTUC toy.

So yes it might be a bit unfair to to compare the final MOTUC Frosta to Eamons photoshoped Frosta. But I don't think it is unfair for fans to have expected something very similar to this when the skill of the 4H and the technology is available to make a stunning Frosta that could be very similar to eamons tweeked head sculpt. I really had hoped more effort would have been put into her face before she was released.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looking at the few photos we have, her forearms are indeed swapped. Way to go!

Heroic Warrior
    I really had hoped more effort would have been put into her face before she was released.
    Me too, but we all know TG will claim that all sculpts are "final" (what kind of an idiotic policy is that, anyway ?)...

No effort, no will to correct what's wrong. VERY disappointing... and a good reason for fans to avoid buying the 2014 sub next year, I guess.

Looking at the few photos we have, her forearms are indeed swapped.
    OK. It seems like I'll have to pass on one of my favorite Great Rebellion characters after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Looking at the few photos we have, her forearms are indeed swapped. Way to go!
    I have relooked at the photos and I believe you are correct.

Wow, just wow.... Buyers' remorse for 2013 just set in.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Looks like the forearms are reversed. The high part of the glove should be on the outside of her arm, not the inside. This figure is a mess, IMO.
    It's hard for me to say for sure based on the few pictures we've seen, but I think you may be right. Why can't Mattel figure out how to get the parts assembled correctly? Shouldn't they be watching this closely after it happened with Stinkor? Or maybe this was another wonderful Mattel design choice to make the figure "pop".

Just like they didn't match the blue on her neck collar with the blue on the rest of her outfit. This clearly is not accurate. Why did they feel the need to make the change when the Four Horsemen got it right the first time? Even the prototype at SDCC this year had the correct coloring on that part.
    Last edited by Zodach; September 5, 2012 at 12:49pm.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm slightly confused by the reversed forearms on Frosta. She doesn't have reversed forearms on the picture of her in package.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Yes, before people drive this off the cliff a bit too early, remember:

A.) Lighting on the AFI pics are almost always terrible.

B.) The forearms seem fine in-package.

C.) And the colors look MUCH better in TheFwoosh pics. So before we go too crazy let's wait for some better pics and more info.

Of course, the face probably is what it is and you'll like it or not, though better pics might help that. And comparing the finished figure to Eamon's photoshopped image really isn't helpful in the long run. Replicating that exactly in real life was never going to happen.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Now that is a great action figure there, i only wished she was on 2002-2004's series.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yes, before people drive this off the cliff a bit too early, remember:

A.) Lighting on the AFI pics are almost always terrible.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8&d=1346809558

C.) And the colors look MUCH better in TheFwoosh pics. So before we go too crazy let's wait for some better pics and more info.

Of course, the face probably is what it is and you'll like it or not, though better pics might help that. And comparing the finished figure to Eamon's photoshopped image really isn't helpful in the long run. Replicating that exactly in real life was never going to happen.
    I can't seem to find the Frosta Fwoosh review?

It hasn't been posted yet, just the teaser image with Frosta and He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    It hasn't been posted yet, just the teaser image with Frosta and He-Man.
    Ah, that would answer that. thankyou, kind Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8&d=1346809558
    Look at the elbows, JonWes. At least in relation to the bracers. I thought they were just posed backwards at first, but then after I relooked at the AFI pics to verify what some others noticed. After that I noticed the bracer lines in relation to the elbows.

At least on that one sample, it does seem it is another case of forearm swap.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.