Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Looks good! I like the darker choker necklace, but then I've always been a sucker for that kinda necklace. Face isn't amazing, but I never thought they would pull it off when they were basing it on the Filmation design. Just wasn't gona happen with those classic cheekbones. I'm not blaming the 4H - barely anyone can pull that off and get a good looking female. Still, I think they did well for what they were going for. Better than some, at least. On top of that, I'll be she'll look ten times better in hand than in pics.

Anyway, the lighting on those pics are obviously makin' things look different, so I'll wait for more pics. It's like they've got a hand over her and creating a shadow or something.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Look at the elbows, JonWes. At least in relation to the bracers. I thought they were just posed backwards at first, but then after I relooked at the AFI pics to verify what some others noticed. After that I noticed the bracer lines in relation to the elbows.

At least on that one sample, it does seem it is another case of forearm swap.
    I just find it hard to tell at this point. It seems, from the proto, that the highest part of the bracers are at the back of the arm by the elbow. So the only way to tell if they are reversed is to see the sweep up the sides, and I'm not sure if you can tell that from the pics we've seen so far. Not saying they aren't reversed, it's just hard to tell.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I just find it hard to tell at this point. It seems, from the proto, that the highest part of the bracers are at the back of the arm by the elbow. So the only way to tell if they are reversed is to see the sweep up the sides, and I'm not sure if you can tell that from the pics we've seen so far. Not saying they aren't reversed, it's just hard to tell.
    I'll give you that and thanks for responding.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra:3114442
    I'm slightly confused by the reversed forearms on Frosta. She doesn't have reversed forearms on the picture of her in package.
    Her elbow pins are facing out. Her forearms are reversed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I think this comparison shows the difference in the forearms. The picture on the left is the prototype. Notice how the bracer looks on the right arm compared to the figure on the left from AFI? The production figure's bracer slopes up on the inside of the arm.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    They do appear to be reversed, but whatever...it's an easy swap unlike Stinkor.

Heroic Warrior
    Those forearms SHOULDN'T be reversed, ESPECIALLY after all the reversed parts we saw in this line ! This goes to prove that Mattel/Matty doesn't do a thing and shan't do a thing to improve these (expensive) figures...

Oh man their site is down again! Gah! I wanna see the review!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Alessandra, I love your fix!

Even though it's not quite like Eamon's photoshop effort, the head sculpt would be perfectly acceptable if IT WAS PAINTED RIGHT! It's as if the person(s) who painted the Captain Glenn head were in charge of painting Frosta's noggin. I say that because I've been practicing painting eyes on my Glenn heads, and there is a perfectly good sculpt under the 'crazy eyes'.

I have to ask: how did you 'fix' her upper lip? Did you fill it in, or did you remove the existing paint and repaint below the lip line proper?

----

I wonder how Starla's head would look if it were swapped in? She doesn't have the cheekbones, but the rest of the face could be passable. Unless you have a cross-eyed one.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; September 5, 2012 at 05:47pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    They do appear to be reversed, but whatever...it's an easy swap unlike Stinkor.
    I guess it kinda depends where her articulation is. If they're like She-Ra's gauntlets where there's a swivel it'll be easy to just pop them off, so I hope that's the case.

Still, it's pretty bad that they made the same mistake again lol...I'm not sure I've ever seen another toy line make the exact same mistake so consistently.

She's a complete mess Gray outfit that should be white, possible reversed arms and that absolutely awful head sculpt. Both Mattel and the 4H are to blame on this one. Sadly their work is going down hill for me

and now we know what this Q&A comment was eluding to!

Arthur asks: Matty, you often tell us POP fans that we're more louder than numerous. Ever thought on releasing a numbered limited series of POP three packs at higher prices to finish off POP? Sure if you can do a sub for 6 figures a year you can do one for say 2 yearly 3-packs at $150 each or so.

No, we do not have plans for something like this. We'll be excited to see how Frosta sells to see how big the POP fan base is!
    I knew that Frosta was going to be a disapointment after reading that answer and obviously Mattel saw she was pretty bad too. Now it's either buy a very poorly executed figure and get more of the same down the road or don't buy her and get told POP figures don't sell We are screwed either way I might pass on her and then hope to pick her up cheap later. I'm not happy paying £20 for a figure I could potentially ruin trying to repaint it (which I shouldn't have to do on a $22 figure!) Maybe if some customizer makes a more Filmation accurate head she'd be worth picking up despite the other flaws (which I can possibly live with)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I have zero interest in the character, but I'll be buying the figure b/c I think it looks great. The gray instead of white is a mind-boggling and poor decision, but as far as I'm concerned her head looks very nice.
    Sometimes I think people expect these to be real flesh-and-blood. It's just a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I have zero interest in the character, but I'll be buying the figure b/c I think it looks great. The gray instead of white is a mind-boggling and poor decision, but as far as I'm concerned her head looks very nice.
    Sometimes I think people expect these to be real flesh-and-blood. It's just a toy.
    Exactly!!
    Not surprised since I see the same with high-end actual-actor-likeness figures... but those are $250.00 a pop...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I have a question...

So have the figures that have been received by Fwoosh & AFI ever been different (paint app. wise) than the ones that get sold to Subs. & DOS? Why would it look like the hair color and white/gray color is so different? Sorry thats not just lighting. Its been white from first reveal, gray in the teasers & then back to white for SDCC & now back to a gray & a somewhat graish tint...

PLllllllease say yes! lol My big thing is the back! Why is her back white? I could deal with flesh better than the white!

is the back white on both AFI & Fwoosh!?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    You are correct. 100% correct. But of course . . . there is that conspiracy theory . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just got her today, so I'm holding her in hand right now. Idunno guys...they look reversed to me. Here are some quick pics...what do you think?

I'm going to work on filming the review tonight. Mekaneck is first though, so expect Frosta's video in a day or two.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Just got her today, so I'm holding her in hand right now. Idunno guys...they look reversed to me. Here are some quick pics...what do you think?

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6888243998.jpg
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6888232172.jpg
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6888220013.jpg
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6888205219.jpg
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6888187995.jpg

I'm going to work on filming the review tonight. Mekaneck is first though, so expect Frosta's video in a day or two.
    Her face looks nice in your pics. Did you receive Rattlor, the Snake men, DB Skeletor as well? Any others?

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Her face looks nice in your pics. Did you receive Rattlor, the Snake men, DB Skeletor as well? Any others?
    Yep. All of the above and Cy-Chop. I'm going to be busy for a while...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I think you are correct, sir. Those be some reversed forearms. Thankfully an easy fix.

I just now noticed the design on her belt is a snowflake, clever & thematic.

Thanks for taking the time to put some non-posed pics of her on here to give us something more to go on than AFI's.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Yep. All of the above and Cy-Chop. I'm going to be busy for a while...
    And you love it!

Yep, definitely look reversed. Sigh.
    Not sure it bothers me a ton, to be honest.
    This... just shouldn't be happening at this point. It's getting very tiresome.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Definitely reversed. You can see the faint hint of the brachioradialis (I know what it looks like, but had to look up the name) muscle on the interior of her forearm, when it should be on the outside. The way the 4H sculpt these forearms, the meaty part of the forearm should be facing the body when the hands are at their sides.

lol They keep promising that it will never happen again! Robot, Hiss, Swiftwind, Stinkor(*) and now Frosta! Not to mention the early KG, He-man and Skeletor! Come on guys, are you serious?

* Arguable
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You are correct. 100% correct. But of course . . . there is that conspiracy theory . . .
    But of course...there is trolling (almost as non-shocking as the continuance of reversed features).

RockinHard's belittling comments aside, it is sad to see that one of the most fan-demanded characters is so...challenged. Hopefully, once I get her in hand she won't look as rough as some of these early review images make her appear.
    Last edited by Telkan2; September 5, 2012 at 09:03pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Well golly. What was promised to never happen again has. Shock and awe.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!