Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Would it be enough just to swap the arms or would it have to directly the forearms and then the hands?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Yep, definitely look reversed. Sigh.
    Not sure it bothers me a ton, to be honest.
    This... just shouldn't be happening at this point. It's getting very tiresome.
    Same here--because it's an easy fix it's not a huge deal to me, however, at this point Weekend Update could make this one of their "REALLY?!" segments.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; September 5, 2012 at 08:16pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    Definitely reversed. You can see the faint hint of the brachioradialis (I know what it looks like, but had to look up the name) muscle on the interior of her forearm, when it should be on the outside. The way the 4H sculpt these forearms, the meaty part of the forearm should be facing the body when the hands are at their sides.

Exactly right. After all this Hoopla and their excuses about design team "Pop" over 4 horsemen design, This is one time I will let the auto censor take care of this.

THIS IS ****ING BULL ****.

The line will die because it deserves to after the total incompetence with which it is handled. ****** customer service, assembling 10% of your figures incorrectly, Blaming reviewers for not catching initial part swaps and then still not being able to assemble figures correctly... It's time to buy whatever you can in bulk to make custom figures because it is done. Almost no one will sub 2014 now after all this **** and Scott's "misunderstood" broken promise of "if we get enough 2013 subs to go through then 2014 will finish vintage motu and core pop" "Oh, sorry, that's not what I meant. My math was alpha centauri math, so 135% is not higher than 100%." If the 2014 line was all remaining Vintage motu and core pop, that alone would have gotten more people to sub. Now that it won't be, and people see the same **** happening over and over and over, They will never resub, especially since the "My Subscription page" will also not be ready by June 2013. Take it to the bank.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; September 5, 2012 at 11:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Did the gauntlets also lose their "icicle" raised/sculpted details? The gauntlets appear to be entirely flat like She-Ra V1.0 whereas the Frosta proto-type definitely had obvious sculpted/raised "icicle" like details.

Or are they not easily visible because of the apparently reversed forearms?

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Did the gauntlets also lose their "icicle" raised/sculpted details? The gauntlets appear to be entirely flat like She-Ra V1.0 whereas the Frosta proto-type definitely had obvious sculpted/raised "icicle" like details.

Or are they not easily visible because of the apparently reversed forearms?
    no they still have the detail
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Would it be enough just to swap the arms or would it have to directly the forearms and then the hands?
    I'm thinking it is forearms then hands.

However, the female biceps look pretty similar to one another. At least I cannot see a difference between the left and right biceps. So I might just do the switch at the bicep and then swap the hands back to their original positions.

At least that is my battle plan as of now.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

If they are backwards, then the infamous 'design team' needs a serious talking to. Gray instead of white, AND backwards forearms?! While the arms are barely noticeable, that doesn't make it acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    While the arms are barely noticeable, that doesn't make it acceptable.
    You OBVIOUSLY don't work at Mattel!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Okay, I don't mean to add to the confusion or uncertainty with this figure, buuuuuut, I stopped my Frosta shoot to put up a black background and take a few pictures as plainly as I could:

I am not seeing it. To me, it looks like the bracers go in the correct direction, but I cannot be 100% sure. I will admit that I am not the best at noticing these things right off the bat, but it looks right to me save for that left elbow being a little warped because of the package. I dunno.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Wow.

Seriously, why does this keep happening?

We do a ton of work to rally people to subscribe for next year... and I feel like Mattel is just dropping the ball. Apparently we, as customers, aren't giving the brand manager enough 'credit' or making him feel enough of a super star because it seems like he just doesn't care.

Maybe he does... but when you respond to customers with robotic/canned answers and you KEEP MAKING THE SAME ERRORS ON EXPENSIVE COLLECTIBLES, people start to question your sincerity.

Frosta should have been a no-brainer. She should be a 5 minute sell-out.

Reversed Forearms? Really? AGAIN?!

WEIRD translucent hair?? (this was so obviously changed because they didn't want Netossa, by contrast, to look as similar... something more easily accomplished by using SILVER in that figure... but whatever )

GRAY instead of WHITE?! HUH!? I do not understand this. It makes no sense at all.

The 4H did an AMAZING job on Frosta, and Mattel design seems to have done what it could to meddle and mess it up. STOP. PLEASE. Does Reuben get any kind of reprimand for this?? Does Scott?? Who is responsible for continued productuion errors?? I don't understand.

She's still beautful and cool... but these mistakes and weird choices are just not cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Same here--because it's an easy fix it's not a huge deal to me, however, at this point Weekend Update could make this one of their "REALLY?!" segments.
    I LITERALLY thought the same thing. "Really!? Really?"
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 5, 2012 at 09:29pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I cannot belive they did not paint her back!?

That was such a stupid deccision, or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I cannot belive they did not paint her back!?

That was such a stupid deccision, or lack there of.

OH!!! I didn't know what you meant at first... but I just noticed that!! Weird.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The really sad part about this folks, is the fact that this figure had already been delayed for two months, and Mattel still can't get it right.

Veebs pictures look a little bit better with the white color, but it looks like the white still could/should have been a bit brighter. I'm still unsure about the forearms issue. They better not be messed up.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

OVERLORD OF EVIL mdhollywood247's Avatar
    Looks to me except for her back being white, that in the pics Veebs took she looks fine, so maybe the others were production errors.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Veebs her mouth looks a little better in these shots...but those eyes are just hideous!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I LITERALLY thought the same thing. "Really!? Really?"
    Hahahahahahahahah AWESOME!

WEIRD translucent hair??
    I like it. A lot. One of the reasons I like the figure...I'm a sucker for translucent stuff.
    I agree with the rest of your post though. She's a beautiful figure, but does the design team get reprimanded for all this nonsense?

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Veebs those do look right. I'm so confused...
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I think she looks great in Veebs' shots.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    TheFwoosh pictrures show her forearms exactly as they were on the prototype. It could be a one-off mistake. Each figure is hand assembled and all that.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    TheFwoosh pictrures show her forearms exactly as they were on the prototype. It could be a one-off mistake. Each figure is hand assembled and all that.
    Although the AFI ones might be wonky too. It's weird, I don't know what to think after Veebs shots. They do look right there. Is it just something about the curve of them that makes them look off at different angles? Or are Dan's and Veeb's assembled differently? We need them photographed a the exact angle in the same pose, I guess.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I am not seeing it. To me, it looks like the bracers go in the correct direction, but I cannot be 100% sure. I will admit that I am not the best at noticing these things right off the bat, but it looks right to me save for that left elbow being a little warped because of the package. I dunno.
    On yours I do not see it, on Dan's I do see it, and on AFI's I lean towards them being reversed but their pics don't show anything conclusive.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Another sad thing is that WE just all look like "whiners" because we aren't happy with some of the aspects of this figure.

A LOT of people are looking forward to her. I will reserve final judgement until I have her in hand - but it is hard to let the reversed forearms go when this has happened before and probably isn't too difficult to avoid.

What bothers me about this is when Scott talked about this kind of problem on RGD a while ago, he mentioned that we don't know about all the errors he does catch.

Well, that's his job. That's what we pay for He might not enjoy that, but that's the way it is. I just want Frosta to look as good as, and be as well produced as Vikor or Spector or Zodac or Fisto.

The dark blue collar has actually grown on me, and the skirt & bodice are PERFECTLY sculpted, IMO.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Although the AFI ones might be wonky too. It's weird, I don't know what to think after Veebs shots. They do look right there. Is it just something about the curve of them that makes them look off at different angles? Or are Dan's and Veeb's assembled differently? We need them photographed a the exact angle in the same pose, I guess.
    PixelDan's are definitely reversed and I *think* AFI's are reversed as well (at least the one arm). TheFwoosh's Frosta is 100% correct. So....I don't know. *shrugs*

The high part of the glove is supposed to be on the OUTER arm. PixelDan and AFI's Frosta has the highest part on the INNER arm.

I just wish Frosta's whites were actually white, the back of her top was painted blue (like the prototype) instead of forgetting to paint her back (or cutting that paint application due to costs) and that her inner hip joints were blue (again, like the prototype). Having her cape translucent and hair painted would have been *nice* but I honestly would have been perfectly happy with her if she was made exactly as the prototype, but with this "fixed" face.

I think Mattel really cut costs on Frosta looking at the prototype vs production figure. They must not have wanted to pay for the extra blue paint for her back and blue plastic for her inner hip joints.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 5, 2012 at 09:55pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Another sad thing is that WE just all look like "whiners" because we aren't happy with some of the aspects of this figure.

A LOT of people are looking forward to her. I will reserve final judgement until I have her in hand - but it is hard to let the reversed forearms go when this has happened before and probably isn't too difficult to avoid.

What bothers me about this is when Scott talked about this kind of problem on RGD a while ago, he mentioned that we don't know about all the errors he does catch.

Well, that's his job. That's what we pay for He might not enjoy that, but that's the way it is. I just want Frosta to look as good as, and be as well produced as Vikor or Spector or Zodac or Fisto.

The dark blue collar has actually grown on me, and the skirt & bodice are PERFECTLY sculpted, IMO.
    But the Fwoosh's forearms are correct. So, yes, hold judgement until we see if it is a wide-spread issue.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela