Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    Well golly. What was promised to never happen again has. Shock and awe.
    To be fair, that was 2013. The rest of 2012 wasn't a consideration, since it was on the way. However, Frosta and Mekaneck is some serious negative publicity.

If Mattel was a superhero, his weaknesses would be Quality Control (and Poor Customer Service).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Oh, Max . . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    The white back looks like a very deliberate design decision, as it connects to the white piping on the front.
    Well, the Four Horsemen didn't deliberately make it white.

Prototype:

Review Sample:

On the proto, her hip joints and crotch were also blue (but white on the review sample):

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    To be fair, that was 2013. The rest of 2012 wasn't a consideration, since it was on the way. However, Frosta and Mekaneck is some serious negative publicity.
    What's wrong with Mekaneck?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Wow.

Seriously, why does this keep happening?

We do a ton of work to rally people to subscribe for next year... and I feel like Mattel is just dropping the ball. Apparently we, as customers, aren't giving the brand manager enough 'credit' or making him feel enough of a super star because it seems like he just doesn't care.

Maybe he does... but when you respond to customers with robotic/canned answers and you KEEP MAKING THE SAME ERRORS ON EXPENSIVE COLLECTIBLES, people start to question your sincerity.

Reversed Forearms? Really? AGAIN?!

WEIRD translucent hair?? (this was so obviously changed because they didn't want Netossa, by contrast, to look as similar... something more easily accomplished by using SILVER in that figure... but whatever )

GRAY instead of WHITE?! HUH!? I do not understand this. It makes no sense at all.

The 4H did an AMAZING job on Frosta, and Mattel design seems to have done what it could to meddle and mess it up. STOP. PLEASE. Does Reuben get any kind of reprimand for this?? Does Scott?? Who is responsible for continued productuion errors?? I don't understand.

She's still beautful and cool... but these mistakes and weird choices are just not cool
    I LITERALLY thought the same thing. "Really!? Really?"
    I can't agree more with this.

The fact that Frosta, the first female GR characters (that's not She-ra), has so many issues just makes me sad.

I had such high hopes for her, I loved the design using Filmation with toy touches.

Why does this stuff keep happening?! I really think Mattel has yet again dropped the ball and if this turns out to be wide spread it will really hurt the line. I also hate that it is happening to a POP character, that I've been waiting 4+ years for.

On a positive note, I love the little diamond detail on the back of Frosta's bodice. I had no idea that was there until Pixel Dan posted the back shot without the cape. From the back the gray (should be white) bodice back doesn't look bad. Sadly from the side it looks really dumb.
    Again why are these things slipping through Scott's defences.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I cannot belive they did not paint her back!?

That was such a stupid deccision, or lack there of.
    What do you mean?

Anyway, reversed forearms again? Then again, why should Mattel care? They already got out money for next year's subs.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; September 5, 2012 at 11:54pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What's wrong with Mekaneck?!
    He has Eamon's Battle Cat Syndrome. His helmet might be crooked and positioned too high on his head (You really see it when you figure out where his eyes are supposed to be.). It's one of those things that you wouldn't notice unless you looked for it.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He has Eamon's Battle Cat Syndrome. His helmet might be crooked and positioned too high on his head (You really see it when you figure out where his eyes are supposed to be.). It's one of those things that you wouldn't notice unless you looked for it.
    Oh, I noticed that. I thought he had something swapped or bio-degrading or something. I think I can fix that once he gets in-hand. We'll see though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I bet Frosta's reversed forearms are supposed to make her POP(sicle)...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I bet Frosta's reversed forearms are supposed to make her POP(sicle)...
    Even though I had a fairly excessive rant a page or 2 back, there is some hope. AFI's seems reversed, Dan's is reversed, but Veebs from the Fwoosh has correct forearms. The wonky face, grey white, and unpainted back seem to be the final word however.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; September 6, 2012 at 12:39am.

oh yes....i'm so happy i got 2 sub's to save the line now....

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well, the Four Horsemen didn't deliberately make it white.

Prototype:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gall..._855x1280_.jpg

After seeing the 4H Prototype again, I just have to ask, with a calm affect and a reasonable sensibility: Scott and Ruben, what were you thinking?

Why does the final product deviate so much from what the 4H Studios created?

I don't understand.

Why is the bodice unfinished?

Why are the Forearms reversed?

Why are the leg-pegs the wrong color?

Would these things have been overlooked on Fisto? On Spikor? On Spector? On Sir Laser-Lot? Nope.

I mean, really, guys, come on This isn't right.

POP fans went out of their way to support Mattel during the Sub drive.

Is it really too much to ask for the figure to look how the 4H designed?

This figure was delayed for TWO MONTHS. What is going on?

Should I cancel my credit card and say "to heck with the Subs next year" (my two MOTUC and one DC)? I say that without any anger or dramatic verve. I say it with steely deadpan sincerity.

It would be nice to have some real honest to goodness answers on this one. Just be honest.

I tried to rally before and remain hopeful. How can I be when I look at the pics and see a mess? The figure is a mess. That's not a dramatic response. It's a reasonable one, when you compare the prototype to the samples.

This is just disappointing.
    Last edited by bcrduke; September 6, 2012 at 03:33am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    After seeing the 4H Prototype again, I just have to ask, with a calm affect and a reasonable sensibility: Scott and Ruben, what were you thinking?

Why does the final product deviate so much from what the 4H Studios created?

I don't understand.

Why is the bodice unfinished?

Why are the Forearms reversed?

Why are the leg-pegs the wrong color?

Would these things have been overlooked on Fisto? On Spikor? On Spector? On Sir Laser-Lot? Nope.

I mean, really, guys, come on This isn't right.

POP fans went out of their way to support Mattel during the Sub drive.

Is it really too much to ask for the figure to look how the 4H designed?

This figure was delayed for TWO MONTHS. What is going on?

Should I cancel my credit card and say "to heck with the Subs next year" (my two MOTUC and one DC)? I say that without any anger or dramatic verve. I say it with steely deadpan sincerity.

It would be nice to have some real honest to goodness answers on this one. Just be honest.

I tried to rally before and remain hopeful. How can I be when I look at the pics and see a mess? The figure is a mess. That's not a dramatic response. It's a reasonable one, when you compare the prototype to the samples.

This is just disappointing.

I share your frustration
    For some reason I don't think Scott will tackle this topic until after sale day
    It's a shame he didn't response to the painted black plastic either...
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; September 6, 2012 at 03:56am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I share your frustration
    For some reason I don't think Scott will tackle this topic until after sale day
    It's a shame he didn't response to the painted black plastic either...
    I edited my original post a lot - can you requote it? please? Sorry to be annoying with that. I just wanted to make sure my frustrations were communicated with as much clarity as possible. My last wish is for POP fans to sound like whiners, but in this case, I think ALL MOTUC fans would agree with my comments.

The black plastic thing is bizarre too... My Spikor's knee joints are both black because the paint came off the first time I moved his legs.

Yay.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Re: Spikor

So now I wonder if this was a factory error "cover up" ...or simply a cost saving measure on Mattel's part (*...as I glance over at my Horde Prime figure...*)
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    It seems most figures since Terry left has had issues.

I'm very dissapointed in this - and I'm not usually one to complain about Mattel or complain about something little like a wrong color blob of paint on my figure. BUT this is getting pathetic now - we're paying a lot for these figures - even more so next year and they don't turn out right - I mean how hard is it to LABEL your forarms with a "left" and "right"? Frosta looks overall good - but like Mekaneck, the small mistakes can totally ruin a figure's look.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yep. All of the above and Cy-Chop. I'm going to be busy for a while...
    I can't wait to see Cy-Chop.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    It seems most figures since Terry left has had issues.
    I've been feeling the same way. I'm glad I am not alone in that.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Yeah, not sure about a lot of the decisions Reuben is making.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Yeah, not sure about a lot of the decisions Reuben is making.
    These things were happening long before Ruben came aboard. The Four Horsemen really like Ruben, so for the time being, can we not speculate about his performance?

Now Scott on the other hand lol...have we heard from the ol' Toy-ostrich yet?

"The colors on Frosta are NOT final--stay tuned!" LOL We just have to muddy them up first or remove them altogether! LOL

I honestly don´t get it. We, the costumers and/or fans, saw a nice Frosta prototype with a weird face paint job and yes we complained about it, argued about it and where told this will be fixed but seeing her final figure it seems the face paint simply isn´t as rushed, painted with thinner lines but that´s the "fix" while other colors are changed or forgotten to apply, the hair is a new sculpt and a totally different color and texture. All things the majority never asked for and on top of that it seems there is a quality/reversed parts issue AGAIN.

And as MegaGearMax asked before they wonder why subs went down if you let done your costumer and fans, things like this happen!

In the end i am buying her, maybe even a second one.

I so want to like the figures as i love these characters and i will put her on my shelf telling me i will like her no matter what but why do i have to lie to myself. I don´t care who is responsible for that many mistakes, i just hope they wont return and they still do again and again and again.

This figure is so much flawed and it´s a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    These things were happening long before Ruben came aboard. The Four Horsemen really like Ruben, so for the time being, can we not speculate about his performance?

Now Scott on the other hand lol...have we heard from the ol' Toy-ostrich yet?

"The colors on Frosta are NOT final--stay tuned!" LOL We just have to muddy them up first or remove them altogether! LOL
    Reuben is the one who decided to reverse Stinkor's forearms. And yes, it was a design choice. The arms were marked L and R on the WRONG arms.

If the painted black plastic was a design choice as said by TG, then Reuben is the one that made that choice.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    I absolutely would not have noticed the incorrect forearms had someone not spotted it. And yours still looks pretty awesome Dan :-)
    The angle of the glove tops is a dead giveaway; the less pronounced musculature makes it harder to tell that way, though, compared to Stinkor (though the thicker part of the joint being outside does look off). I do hope this is just a glitch in the samples, but it usually isn't, given past experience. I wonder how TG and company will try to spin it this time to cover up the error if it is, indeed, widespread...
    Last edited by scott metzger; September 6, 2012 at 10:39am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Can anyone comment on the hip joints please? On the Fwoosh it looks like she has stockings on! ie there's flesh coloured hipjoints peekeking out round the edges of her skirt, Dan's above look white and the proto also above look blue.

And yes bring on the jokes about how I noticed
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Reuben is the one who decided to reverse Stinkor's forearms. And yes, it was a design choice.
    Can you show me where it said that? I am really curious now. That L and R labeling business was also done to Roboto and Hssss no?