Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1105

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    Reuben is the one who decided to reverse Stinkor's forearms. And yes, it was a design choice. The arms were marked L and R on the WRONG arms.
    All that means is they were reversed in the molding process, exactly like the shoulder problems. Hiss and Roboto were not design decisions, the problem was in the mold itself (the reason it couldn't be fixed without a whole new mold). Given the credibility of all those involved (can credibility actually go onto the negative side of the number line?), I think very few here actually believe Stinkor was anything but another foul-up, and the story of his arms (which only came out AFTER the mistake was noticed by the fans) was most likely a pile of dragon poo.

Think Pee Wee Herman saying, "I meant to do that..."
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    All that means is they were reversed in the molding process, exactly like the shoulder problems. Hiss and Roboto were not design decisions, the problem was in the mold itself (the reason it couldn't be fixed without a whole new mold). Given the credibility of all those involved (can credibility actually go onto the negative side of the number line?), I think very few here actually believe Stinkor was anything but another foul-up, and the story of his arms (which only came out AFTER the mistake was noticed by the fans) was most likely a pile of dragon poo.

Exactly. This is the "Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining" rebuttal. Everyone knows it's a lie. And they have given me ZERO reason to take what they say at face value anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Okay, I don't mean to add to the confusion or uncertainty with this figure, buuuuuut, I stopped my Frosta shoot to put up a black background and take a few pictures as plainly as I could:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ry/frosta1.jpg
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ry/frosta2.jpg
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ry/frosta3.jpg
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ry/frosta4.jpg

I am not seeing it. To me, it looks like the bracers go in the correct direction, but I cannot be 100% sure. I will admit that I am not the best at noticing these things right off the bat, but it looks right to me save for that left elbow being a little warped because of the package. I dunno.
    Frosta looks really nice!!
    I'd love to see her along MOTUC Ice Armor He-Man and Skelly!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Re: Frosta: If they had just stuck with what The Four Horsemen do they'd be fine. And since the forearms are an easy fix I'm much more bothered by her white legs/hips. But the white back of the bodice just looks like a fashionable design to me; it would have been fine in blue, but it doesn't look bad to me how it is...but those legs are a whole other story.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; September 6, 2012 at 03:23pm.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    After seeing the 4H Prototype again, I just have to ask, with a calm affect and a reasonable sensibility: Scott and Ruben, what were you thinking?

Why does the final product deviate so much from what the 4H Studios created?

I don't understand.

Why is the bodice unfinished?

Why are the Forearms reversed?

Why are the leg-pegs the wrong color?

Would these things have been overlooked on Fisto? On Spikor? On Spector? On Sir Laser-Lot? Nope.

I mean, really, guys, come on This isn't right.

POP fans went out of their way to support Mattel during the Sub drive.

Is it really too much to ask for the figure to look how the 4H designed?

This figure was delayed for TWO MONTHS. What is going on?

Should I cancel my credit card and say "to heck with the Subs next year" (my two MOTUC and one DC)? I say that without any anger or dramatic verve. I say it with steely deadpan sincerity.

It would be nice to have some real honest to goodness answers on this one. Just be honest.

I tried to rally before and remain hopeful. How can I be when I look at the pics and see a mess? The figure is a mess. That's not a dramatic response. It's a reasonable one, when you compare the prototype to the samples.

This is just disappointing.
    I think POP females might be a slow day over at Mattel. Bow and even the NA characters were seen as challenges, so that's probably why they went above and beyond the call of duty on those characters.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think POP females might be a slow day over at Mattel. Bow and even the NA characters were seen as challenges, so that's probably why they went above and beyond the call of duty on those characters.
    I doubt that's true as far as the Horsemen and the female figures are concerned. Face it, they are most known for their monsters and their females, so I doubt they look at the ladies of MOTU as "slow day" stuff. Heck, they haven't even finished the original roster of Outer Space Men before adding the first female to the roster. The problems seem to arise as soon as the prototypes leave the Fab Four's hands and Mattel tries to make them "pop."

And there's no logical reason for a "slow day" attitude from Mattel, as the females have often sold better and faster than popular male characters, even back when we were told all the figures were made in the same numbers month to month.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm excited to get Frosta. Is she the best figure out there - no, but she certainly looks good to me.

That being said, I wish that Frosta would have been a home-run figure, like Bow. I know that a lot of fans have been waiting for Frosta for a long time and it's not fair to them that they get a below-average figure. Here's hoping that Netossa or the other POP gals turn out better.

I made it to page 38 with all these Frosta updates, and frankly now I just have a headache.

It's troublesome that they didn't paint the back of the figure and think we wouldn't notice or care. Really, Mattel? Really??!

It's frustrating that after all these delays, the expression on her face still looks vaguely deranged, at least in the eye department. Really, Mattel? Really??!

And most of all, it's awful knowing that the fate of essentially all POP figures to come in this line (all four of 'em - *rimshot*) depends on this figure selling out faster than bottled water at a rave.

But again - I have a headache and can take no more. Might pass on her. The only figure I was considering buying off Matty this year.

Yeah, the face is all kinds of messed up. What bothers me the most about Frosta are the crazy Michele Bachmann eyes, there is too much space between the top of the eyelid and the pupil.

If I were to repaint the eyes, I'd make them look like this:

The problems seem to arise as soon as the prototypes leave the Fab Four's hands and Mattel tries to make them "pop."
    Er... did you see the prototype at NYTF? The face sculpt AND paint apps were beyond AWFUL. I'm seeing folks keep saying Mattel took the 4H's fantastic sculpt and ruined it.

NO. I'm sorry but the sculpt was BAD from the first reveal, even before the prototype went over to Mattel. Frosta has been a mess from day one and all involved in the MOTUC production are to blame. The face sculpt just isn't up to par for the 4H and they dropped the ball big time.

Someone has to say it how it is.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing the 4H Prototype again, I just have to ask, with a calm affect and a reasonable sensibility: Scott and Ruben, what were you thinking?

Why does the final product deviate so much from what the 4H Studios created?

I don't understand.

Why is the bodice unfinished?

Why are the Forearms reversed?

Why are the leg-pegs the wrong color?

Would these things have been overlooked on Fisto? On Spikor? On Spector? On Sir Laser-Lot? Nope.
    Well in reality there are complaints about all of these figures:

Even the near perfect Fisto- complaints about the Sword Holster on the back, either it being there, or showing his back.

Spikor- plenty have poorly painted eyes and the black plastic

Laser-Lot - the plume not being "articulated" or breaking off because some people didn't heat it before loosening it. The yellow painted hilt on the sword, and the missing red belt to break up the blue

And the white/gray issue this is a "Mattel white" for whatever reason? For example please see DCUC Hawk, Dove, "White " Lantern Hal Jordan, and "White" Lantern Flash.

For me I am not nearly as nit picky about everything on these figures and I spend the same money everyone else does on them. Really most of them are amazing even with their "warts" and all. Sure things aren't perfect but I am very happy and excited to own nearly evryone on these figures. I just don't get why so many others don't enjoy them as much as I do? Maybe the best thing for this line would be for it to get cancelled? Seems there is a never ending amount of complaints, this line maybe becoming too much trouble for what it's worth for Mattel to make it?
    Last edited by cbomb23; September 6, 2012 at 05:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Er... did you see the prototype at NYTF? The face sculpt AND paint apps were beyond AWFUL. I'm seeing folks keep saying Mattel took the 4H's fantastic sculpt and ruined it.

NO. I'm sorry but the sculpt was BAD from the first reveal, even before the prototype went over to Mattel. Frosta has been a mess from day one and all involved in the MOTUC production are to blame. The face sculpt just isn't up to par for the 4H and they dropped the ball big time.

And someone has to disagree.

That someone is me.

Heroic Warrior
    did you see the prototype at NYTF? The face sculpt AND paint apps were beyond AWFUL. I'm seeing folks keep saying Mattel took the 4H's fantastic sculpt and ruined it.

Yep ! I agree 3000 % with you ! Frosta's face could have been MUCH better and MUCH closer to her Filmation look, just like the Photoshop mock-up Eamon made.

Now, add to that face problem other issues like the grayish white instead of the immaculate white, the reversed forearms and the unpainted back of Frosta's bodice, and you know why some fans are upset !

Female figures have been constantly mishandled in this line, starting with their articulations (less articulations than male figures, at least at the beginning). Green Goddess also is a great example. And POP figures seem to get less attention, I must say. I'm not a Great Rebellion worshipper, but I sure can tell that there are problems with Frosta, and that Netossa is under-accessorized.

The sad part is I'm about to totally drop everything that's Great Rebellion because of that lack of quality and attention from the Firm...

I think very few here actually believe Stinkor was anything but another foul-up, and the story of his arms (which only came out AFTER the mistake was noticed by the fans) was most likely a pile of dragon poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Exactly. This is the "Don't p1ss on my leg and tell me it's raining" rebuttal. Everyone knows it's a lie. And they have given me ZERO reason to take what they say at face value anymore.
    I honestly believe them when they say it was a design choice. We were spoiled by Terry Higuchi and his almost slavish devotion to the 4H sculpts. Remember the story he told on RGD about his finding out that parts of the Wind Raiders had been digitally scanned and altered that he put a stop to? I don't think Ruben feels the same way - we know that he and Scott digitally altered young Dekker's head from the 4H sculpt. It's not a far jump for me to also see them thinking they could make changes like swapping the forearms. I also don't see why they would announce that they did it either. To them, it was simply a Tuesday and they made a call.

Anyway, in short, I do believe it was a design choice, but I don't like it.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

"say it how it is?"

These are our opinions. And I think you're wrong on this one. Look at the pics... and get past the paint job.

I totally disagree that the face sculpt we saw on the prototype at Toy Fair was "awful."

It was painted in a hurry - that's all. The sculpt itself was very nice.

In fact, I'd bet that the sculpt hasn't changed at all... just the paint... the fact that her face is flesh-colored plastic is part of the problem. They need to paint all the faces...
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

wow the 4H made her look just like she look's on TV! to bad they did not make her look like Frosta.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Sometimes I think literally every new figure release from now on will be met with scrutiny no matter how good it might be.

I will end up painting her face to make her look better. I've had to do this with all of the females in this line. I think they could have done a much better job on her face. To me Frosta should have been one of the most beautiful women in Motuc. Has anyone from Mattel responded or addressed the switched forearms?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Sometimes I think literally every new figure release from now on will be met with scrutiny no matter how good it might be.
    From now on? That's ALWAYS how it is, Balthus. The bigger the character, the bigger the scrutiny.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think Frosta has to be the worst painted figure in the line thus far. The differences from the FHM's prototype to Mattel's final product are huge. What the heck happened?

I'll definitely be repainting all that grey to pure white, as well as making the back of her dress blue, her hip joints blue, and improving her eyes.

"say it how it is?"

These are our opinions. And I think you're wrong on this one. Look at the pics... and get past the paint job.

I totally disagree that the face sculpt we saw on the prototype at Toy Fair was "awful."
    I have looked at the images many times. The shape of the face and the lips are completely off. Eamon's re-design of the face is the best example of this. NO paint job can fix that. I'm tired of the blame being layed on the Mattel team only, when the sculpt is equally at fault here. For some reason people heap praise on the 4H and lay blame on Mattel as though they dare not criticise the 4H work. Thats what I meant by 'tell it like it is' Of course the quality of the sculpt is a matter of opinion (along with the execution of the rest of the figure) But the fact is the blame is with all involved.

It was painted in a hurry - that's all. The sculpt itself was very nice.
    Well thats your opinion. To me it was and still is the worst face sculpt in MOTUC to date. Even hole in the head She-Ra was tons better.

In fact, I'd bet that the sculpt hasn't changed at all... just the paint... the fact that her face is flesh-colored plastic is part of the problem. They need to paint all the faces...
    The sculpt hasn't changed. Just slightly better paint apps on the finished figure, which still doesn't overall improve the really bad sculpt If Frosta is a test for POP sales, then it doesn't look good
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

I don't agree. I think the prototype was WAY BETTER than the final product.

Sure, they didn't have much time for the paint app and the eyes were a little rushed on the original prototype. But sculpt wise she looked great IMHO. She had dimples around her mouth, and full Angelina Jolie lips, a departure from the thin-lipped female face of MOTUC (only Catra has a very different type of face). It gave her a lot of character.

The hair is a bit disappointing. I wish they had gone for either translucent or opaque. They probably heard the 'Pros' and 'Cons' on the .org, and as a result, they did a mix. But the mixture of both makes her hair look sexed up and greasy, as if she just came back from 2 hours on the treadmill. There's something really unkempt and smudged about her eye make up. If you compare it to Starla, whose make up was crisp, detailed and spotless, Frosta looks as if she went to bed and forgot to remove her make up.

The paint job on the Female figures is always very variable. I recently went through 20 different BP She-ras that a friend of mine has at a store in Europe, and it's amazing how they all look different. Some are crossed eyed. Others have snarky evil eyebrows. Others have perfect make-up. It's quite jarring.

While I'm still excited about Frosta, I've already saved up a few Close up photos of the original prototype and I intend to repaint the interior or her toothy mouth with red to give her the full lips that she was intended to have.
    I'm really worried about only ordering only one, as there's a huge difference in paint apps with the Fwoosh one and the Action Figure insider one (the Fwoosh Frosta's make up look unfinished). If I get a bad one, I'll be crushed! I love Frosta. :-(

The reversed gloves don't really bother me. I can live with either. It doesn't make a big difference to me.
    As for the white hip joints, while I would have prefered them to be blue, I can sort of see why they went for white. It goes with her skirt. It's not as if she had a totally different color under there, and there's a lot of white in her outfit so it's not that bad.

I also have to say that the grey white is nice. I saw her in person at the SDCC, and I felt that it went well with the dark blue of the outfit. Sure, she's the empress of snow and all things icy, but it gives her an edgier darker look as opposed to a cartoony, plain look.

This said, I really feel that Frosta is a missed opportunity. She could have been so much better in terms of accessories and paint apps. She would have looked so great with frosted accessories, frosted, semi-tranluscent cape or skirt,...She just doesn't have the appeal of Catra or the perfect simplicity of Shadow Weaver. She just doesn't have much for herself.

On a different note, I would love to see her behind under the skirt. And no, it's not what you think. It's just that the sculptor of Frosta told us at the SDCC that she had a new type of legs (or derriere, I did not quite understand what he meant) that basically gave her a more feminine and curvacious silhouette. Is there some 'junk-in-the-trunk' or some kind of new leg attachment in the back? Can anyone investigate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I have looked at the images many times. The shape of the face and the lips are completely off. Eamon's re-design of the face is the best example of this. NO paint job can fix that. I'm tired of the blame being layed on the Mattel team only, when the sculpt is equally at fault here. For some reason people heap praise on the 4H and lay blame on Mattel as though they dare not criticise the 4H work. Thats what I meant by 'tell it like it is' Of course the quality of the sculpt is a matter of opinion (along with the execution of the rest of the figure) But the fact is the blame is with all involved.
    While I agree that sometimes a prominent person or persons who have a level of celebrity in regards to the MOTU property and/or fandom surrounding the property are given blank checks of support from significant numbers of people (I don't care, just something I've noticed) at a given time, I am curious....

what exactly do you think Mattel has taken sole blame on that the 4H should have been held responsible for? You mention Frosta's face but your phrasing gave me the impression that you've noticed other things in the past as well.

I am just curious.

*edit* oulala, what up my brotha!
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

In a world where right = left, I guess white can = gray.

But I don't like it. Frosta should be wearing white. Mattel was told that over and over and over again and they basically said, "Screw you. We'll do what we want." It would be mind boggling except for the fact that Mattel does this over and over and over again. I decided that Spikor was my last figure and Frosta and DB Skeletor were my biggest temptations to go against my decision. But now, I'm not so torn about it. So how will Skelly be jacked up? Rusty chains?

Heroic Warrior
    To me, the white looks like it has a slight blue shading. I may be in the minority (but I may not), but I like it and am kind of glad it's not bright white.