Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1105

Thread: Frosta in MOTUC Discussion thread

i think she looks good.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Apparently Frosta has reversed forearms. Wow, another figure that POPS!!

I quit. I'm done with this line. I'm not buying anything else, and I'm cancelling my credit card that has the sub billing. Outrageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man
    I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt, rather than assuming the worst. That's just me though. It makes life happier all around, you should try it!
    You're already citing old, potentially false information. There have been 3 samples shown. 2 had reversed arms, 1 did not. We have not seen anywhere near enough of the figure to say that she has reversed forearms. Let's hold judgement and not "assume the worst", which you apparently don't do.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    You're already citing old, potentially false information. There have been 3 samples shown. 2 had reversed arms, 1 did not. We have not seen anywhere near enough of the figure to say that she has reversed forearms. Let's hold judgement and not "assume the worst", which you apparently don't do.
    Figured there would be someone "clever" who would do just that.

You're ever-rose-colored glasses are a little bit suspicious. I saw this question asked MULTIPLE times over at Matty, and as of yet no response. I didn't realize that there was one sample with the forearms correct. I only heard of the ones that were incorrect and based on that it seemed systemic to the figure. I guess I'll wait and see what comes in the next month as Frosta gets closer to release date. They better get it right though because I've actually given Mattel the BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT more than enough times, only to have dirt kicked in my face repeatedly.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Take a good look at Frosta: her face just doesn't look as crisp or as beautiful or as defined as Teela, Catra, Adora or Starla. It's a fact. She unfortunately falls in the category of not-so-admirable figures (Marlena, Jewelstar).

Is she TERRIBLE? Heck no. I can't wait to have her. But I can see why people are disappointed in her overall appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't get stressed when ordering any of my import toys. S.H.Figuarts, D-Arts, Cloth Myth, and Figma. $40-70 toys that are perfect every time. I never fret about how they come out from prototype to final. Mattel toys give me agita from prototype to my doorstep. And honestly, yeah, Frosta gives me pause for 2014. No white, no following fan input every step of the way, not painting a costume 's back? You can physically see where the budget ends with her

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I think it's perfect!
    It's comparison time:
    http://i.picasion.com/pic58/6833543c...d0c7b63481.gif
    That's a good photoshop manipulation but if you look in this animated gif you'll see that it changed her sculpted eye. I'm not meant that you can't have the same result with a good paint job, I'm just pointing that I can see in the gif the eye shape changing too, not only the paint.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

I don't think anyone should be surprised that there's a loss of fine detail in going from a prototype hand-painted by the artists to a factory job.

And the forearms look fine. The flesh colored parts are symmetrical, or close to it. They swapped them because (I assume) they wanted the gloves to be slanted the other way so there's more visual difference. Probably unnecessary because you're not going to be able to see it anyway in many poses, especially if she has her arms forward and holding her staff with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    And the forearms look fine. The flesh colored parts are symmetrical, or close to it. They swapped them because (I assume) they wanted the gloves to be slanted the other way so there's more visual difference. Probably unnecessary because you're not going to be able to see it anyway in many poses, especially if she has her arms forward and holding her staff with both hands.
    Those forearms were already newly sculpted just for Frosta, so there's no need to swap them to make them look different.

Her gloves look backwards, and it is definitely noticeable, to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    That's a good photoshop manipulation but if you look in this animated gif you'll see that it changed her sculpted eye. I'm not meant that you can't have the same result with a good paint job, I'm just pointing that I can see in the gif the eye shape changing too, not only the paint.
    Thank you for pointing that out Alessandra. We all agree the manip with Photoshop looks tons better than the final figure. This backs up my opinion that the face sculpt is totally off.

Yep I'm not buying Frosta on sale day for sure. I'm hoping if my FFM I'm stuck with in 2013 won't sell, I can trade them for 3 figures I'll need (one of the 3 being Frosta) I was really looking forward to this figure and I'm just totally disapointed
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Pixel Dan's Frosta looks the best so far. I hope what the Q&A that came out today said is true and that the other review samples might have been early samples ala Vykron...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Pixel Dan's Frosta looks the best so far. I hope what the Q&A that came out today said is true and that the other review samples might have been early samples ala Vykron...
    Pixel Dan´s Frosta is the best looking so far, that´s true but his is the one with the reversed gloves/forearms.

But i guess i´ll take those and she is overall better looking than the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    How does that illustrate your thoughts on the sculpt though? It's the same sculpt. The only difference is the paint.

yes, the Eamon re-make changed the shape of the face, but the GIF above doesn't... it just adjusts, quite beautifully, the paint.
    Exactly! The head sculpt is fine. It's just the paint apps that are sloppy. If you have a steady hand, some black paint, and a good small fine tip brush. Just carefully add a line on the eye. Yes it will give her that smokey eye look. But it doesn't look bad. The same can be done for the mouth.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I realized I forgot to take a picture of the Frosta Generations in our First Look, so my apologies if you like comparison pics:

Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I realized I forgot to take a picture of the Frosta Generations in our First Look, so my apologies if you like comparison pics:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...enerations.jpg
    WOW!

Thank you for that picture! It shows it´s possible to make pure white, thanks to polly pockets friend whos dressed up as Frosta and i definitely like her hair color better but i´m warming up to Classics Frosta.

As if i had another choice

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Good Grief.

The friggin' Polly Pocket Frosta is more accurate than the Classic figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Next to the vintage and Polly Pocket Frosta, the MOTUC "white" looks awful. I don't understand why Scott/Rubin/Mattel can't get things right, white is white, gray is not not white, it's gray.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Good Grief.

wow it is, thats sad
    the ignore list is my new best friend

She looks like a friggin man or something. I hate the face. I want something more feminine. To be honest if I can recall I dont think I have liked any of the faces on the female figures.

I do like the polly pockets friend though. Fun.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Good Grief.

Yes, Polly Pocket Frosta is alas more Filmation accurate (at least colour-wise) than MOTUC Frosta. I didn't notice how grey MOTUC Frosta was. But I must say that she doesn't look like the ice empress. She looks like the queen of dirty snow, the queen of filthy slush...

I was hesitating to buy her. Frosta is one of my favourite POP characters. But once again, the flaws are too much for me to bear. I think I'll pass. I still might change my mind, but I think I'll pass.

The Horsemen just aren't good at making nice female face sculpts. They always look boney and stern and gaunt. It's just not their strong suit I guess...wish they weren't hailed as being quite so perfect at everything when it's just not the case.

That said, if Frosta's outfit was white (and not grey), and her bracers weren't reversed (by mistake), and the back of her costume was fully painted blue...I'd buy her.

I haven't loved any of the face sculpts on these gals, except for Shadow Weaver, so I could have looked past the not-ideal-but-decent face. But not painting the back of the toy? Just to save some bucks?

What is this - a knock-off line from Mexico?? *shakes head* Really embarrassed for Mattel over that "choice".

I thought it was my monitor but yeah I agree about the gray. I dont like it either. It does look like dirty snow. It should be crisp white. It would just look better.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Someone should send that picture of the different Frostas to Scott and ask him why can't we get white to the Ice Empress in MOTUC...

I like her. Pixel Dan's figure looks great (save the forearms, which might not be a widespread issue).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

There's barely any difference b/w that polly pocket thing, and the MOTUC figure. A lighter shade of blue, and whiter whites. Really not a big deal. I don't remember motu fans losing their minds b/c Fisto had dark brown hair instead of red. But if a PoP figure isn't exactly like the hundreds of needless photoshops--look out!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    There's barely any difference b/w that polly pocket thing, and the MOTUC figure. A lighter shade of blue, and whiter whites. Really not a big deal. I don't remember motu fans losing their minds b/c Fisto had dark brown hair instead of red. But if a PoP figure isn't exactly like the hundreds of needless photoshops--look out!
    That is SOOO true.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela