Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Kobra Khan Speculation and discussion thread

Kobra Khan discussion

There seems to be very little talk about this character, so let's discuss the possibilities.

What do you think the head, or heads, will look like?
    Will he come with his little lizard buddy from MYP?
    Will he have a unique torso, or would they maybe create a thin armor piece to fit over an existing torso?
    What will the bio be like?

Last edited by Whiplash7; September 29, 2009 at 12:35pm.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be better to make a generic reptilian torso, to use for other reptilian characters later? That's not something they did for the 80's toys necessarily because of all the action features, but if you make a scaly/lizard torso you can use it for Kobra Kahn, Sssqueeze, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Snake Face, probably even Whiplash and Saurod if they get to him. Maybe King Hiss too, although who knows how he'll work out.

well, i vote for 2 heads, a new torso and without water function. the weapon the some to zodac.

we know that all the new figures will have more that 1 accesory OR a extra head and i realy want a extra head AND! way not a random Kobra Khan KAMO! the Argentinian Top Toys version

i always liked kobra khan as a kid, id love to see him with a more broad chest, like a monster would have, something slightly larger than the he-man body sculpt. but i like his character. i was always into rogue characters who kind of stood out on their own. hes a definite must!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What about that head?

Let's put this on the table now...Khan has the same problem as Leech does...his head was an action feature so the mouth had to be wide open. Now the mouth doesn't have to be open on both those figures making a brand new "Un-Classic" face. (A pity they can't do the Filmation Khan--I thought that was his best head ever)

His second head would probably have a hood.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Let's put this on the table now...Khan has the same problem as Leech does...his head was an action feature so the mouth had to be wide open. Now the mouth doesn't have to be open on both those figures making a brand new "Un-Classic" face.
    how bout a movable jaw? i really hope they retain the white lips. since he'll have basically a new head, as you mentioned, the paint apps will have to bring out his classic-ness.

and he should definitely have a new torso. anyway, can't wait to see what they do with him!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    True, the head will be a problem. I think it should be 2 heads: one with a hood and one in "normal" mode. Given the past tendencies, I believe Kobra Khan will have the Skeletor body (since action features are being deleted) plus a very Filmation style head (both if he comes with 2 heads). If they want to give him a little lizard buddy (a la 200X) that shouldn't be a problem along with his vintage blaster. That's how I'd see a MOTUC Kobra Khan being released .
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

As long as he has his hood, removeable or not, I'll be happy.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Well, here's what I'd like to see:

I don't care if we get the hood or not, so with the two heads I'd like one with an open mouth (not just open, but angry and like he's in the middle of spitting or about to take a chunk outa someone) and a closed mouth head. I think the hood could be easily worked in without being perminently attached to the head, so it should be able to work with both heads.

I don't care to see Zodac's gun again, but whaddayagonado? That's how they are making these, so he'll come with the same gun. At the very least, I hope we see a unique weapons built for him as well, since the gun is so tiny anyway. Probably another small weapon to offset the cost of having two heads.

I'd also like to see one of the first new torsos, since I think he needs one. Even if no other figure originally used it, I don't think that means they can't use it again anywhere else. Any new body part can also be used to make some new stuff, so his newly sculpted torso can just go towards other lizard/snake type figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I do not like the hood, makes him look like an old male orangutang,
    just give him an updated vintage head!

Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

They could go with the mini comic head:

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    what is this "hood" you all speak of?

are you refering to the "spitting" skin that he spreads out?

i think i wouldnt want it "out all the time" like the 200x, it would be like having mekeneck only having his neck long. so i would be down with two heads, or even a "clip on " option.

Yes, people mean the "spitting skin", which spreads out like a cobra's hood when he sprays his venom. I wouldn't mind a clip on option, but there are so many possibilities.

I also just noticed his belt/shorts are unique as well, so unique tooling would be necessary.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'd love to see Kobra Khan as a MOTUC figure like he looks on the vintage cardback!
    I hope his mouth will be halfway open since the action feature is not going to be used anyway. I think it'll look better. He must have the "Zodac" gun as accessory. As an extra bonus, a REMOVABLE MYP 200x Cobra hood would be awesome.

Mini comic head with a removable hood.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman View Post
    I would love two heads. The most important head is the vintage. Kobra Khan is one of my favorite characters all time, so they MUST be true to the vintage. This is actually one of the few I will not buy if its not perfect.
    No point to having it open now, since it won't spit water. That's a case where the action feature ruined the look of the character. With no action feature, they can correct this now and give him the head he should have had.

Now Khan could have an unprecedented THREE HEADS (One original head, one "no action feature" head, hooded version of the "no action feature" head.), but if Mattel didn't want to do that for Teela, no way they'll do it for Khan.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 29, 2009 at 02:30pm.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm hoping for two heads as well. One, like in the mini comic, and another like the 200x with his...uh, "flaps" out(?) We don't need the large mouth w/o the action feature. I would like to see a broader chest as well. Make him like a real Snakeman and not just "an offspring" of.

Khan should come with 2 heads (hooded and not so), his pistol (just like Zodac's), and his little lizard-pet from MYP. That would be tops in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Khan should come with 2 heads (hooded and not so), his pistol (just like Zodac's), and his little lizard-pet from MYP. That would be tops in my book!
    Same here. And to save on money (maybe) the hood could just be a removable piece and then no need for a second head.

Zodac gun and his lizard buddy. I was just thinking the same thing while I was checking out my Webstor figure.

I also feel a closed mouth with a movable jaw is the way to go. Put his jaw on a hinge similar to Trap Jaw
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Hinged Jaw, removable hood (maybe you have to remove the head to remove the hood), Zodac Gun. That's all K Khan needs. maybe the lizard buddy , but I wouldn't be angry if he doesn't have it.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar
    I predict he won't come with two heads; he'll have a classic-styled head without a hinged jaw, Zodac's gun, and a hood that fits over his neck if you pop his head off and pop it back on to mimic his 200X appearance.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Two heads for me, a vintage one and one with the hood.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Skeletor's legs and arms
    New torso and new crotch piece
    Mini-comic/Vintage mixed head with removable hood
    Zodak pistol
    Mini buddy
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Khan has to have two heads, hopefully a vintage inspired one and a MYP styled one. I love the hinged jaw suggestion, I hope that becomes a reality since we don't have his misting-spray feature. I'm not in love with Zodak's blaster repaint, so maybe we'll get a little flair on Khan's.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I cant see any need what so ever for an extra head, just a removable hood.