Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sy-Klone Appreciation Thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Sy-Klone Appreciation Thread

Sy-Klone seems to be one of the characters that is least liked, least discussed, and therefore, the least one people want. Well, we need an appreciation thread for him, as I personally think he is awesome and want him to come out in the Classic series sometime in 2010. As for his look, while I would of course like a complete 2002 look to him, he is pretty much the same in both lines, but with a kick ass helmet and ring on his back. Who else would like a Sy-Klone?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

He is the Best! =) I realy hope Mattel produce him in 2010!

Photobucket

The 200x series gave me an appreciation for the character, and I hope when he comes out in MotUC he has some 200x influence - at the least I hope he gets that big ring on his back. That was cool.

I can't wait for Sy-Klone!!

I think he's actually one of the more popular MOTU characters, but oddly just hasn't been discussed much lately.

I'd prefer to see his vintage look represented for his MOTUC figure. However, if there's some 200X influence, I wouldn't mind. I just hope if he comes with his big ring on his back, that it is removable.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    in the 80s Sy-Klone was a favorite of mine. when he was released as a figure in 2002 again he was an instant favorite. I'm greatly anticipating Sy-Klone for motuc.

I would like to see him with a removable ring backpack much like the webstor classic pack. so you can have the option of having him as classic or 200x style. I would like the ring to have the same action feature as the 2002 figure.

Like some others, Sy-Klone was a fav when I was young and in the 200X series. I can't wait to see how he is pulled off for the Classics line.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I love Sy-Clone.
    A really great character idea and design (200X version is really awesome!).
    A must!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Sy-Klone was the first MOTU figure I was really really excited to own as a kid. I still remember his toy commercial and me NEEDING to get him. I hope he's up soon. I wouldn't mind a removable 200X ring. One of my favorite 4 Horsemen accessories ever.

Oh I love Sy-Klone. His colors are so vibrant so I truly can't
    wait for an update of him.
    Last edited by Azrael; December 18, 2009 at 08:15am.

♪Me, I want a Hoola Hoop♫ on Sy-Klone's back... (Removable so Vintage fans can have their Vintage looking Sy-Klone)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Two words..... HELL YEAH....

He is one of my favorite characters in both the original line and the 200x line. I really hope we see him in the MOTUC.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Until this day He is one of my favorites. Can't wait for his inclusion on the MOTUC Line.

BRING HIM ON MATTEL!!!

I love classic MOTU and 200X Sy-Klone. But to be honest, I'm not even sure I want a MOTUC Sy-Klone since he'll be without his action feature.

I can't wait to see Sy-Klone in MOTUC. He's one of my most anticipated!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Ahh.. Sy-Klone. Always one of my favorites. What I liked about Sy-Klone in the vintage line was that he seemed to have more of a "Super-Hero" look to him.. Sy-Klone bridged my childhood collections of Masters of the Universe and Super Powers.

In the 2002 line I couldn't wait to get my hands on him. I shelled out 20 bucks or so on E-Bay.. and the toy never ever came. All I could do was give bad feedback, but my money was gone and the toy never came.

I shoulda been more patient tho, As I found him in a walmart or K-Mart later on.

Sy-Klone is a great character..get wait to get him in the MOTUC Line

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    MOTUC Sy-Klone...

Looks like the original version, but comes with a 200X head, 200X removable ring on his back and shield.

He's one of my favorites too! I loved him in 200X. A pity he didn't get more screentime.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 18, 2009 at 10:24am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I would also love a Sy-Klone to add to my ever expanding MOTUC collection. I never played with the vintage figure much when I was a kid because he would never stay in place, but the 200X figure really renewed my appreciation for him.

Love Sy-klone! Always one of my favs, and has the best action feature ever.

I want him right now, he's always been my fav. I really like the 200x helmet, but the ring is kinda dull. Also the rings on his shoulders look kinda odd.

Having Sy-Klone would be cool, but here comes the big issue... Tooling.
    How much can be Reused to make Sy-Klone and How much Reuse can they get from the new parts sculpted?
    He would need a new head, new hands and feet, new upper arms to add the fins, new crotch...
    The Torso COULD be a problem. It's either make a new one use only upper Torso, or make a Half Armor for Sy-Klone's Chest. (Then comes the should we add the Hula Hoop on his back and how?)

I'd like to see him soon, but all signs point towards a "He's a really cool character, but there's nothing on the cards right now. Maybe later down the line when it is more successful and we can get to guys like Ram Man, or Sy-Klone."
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Oh god, someone had to do it, didn't they? Nothing against you DO4M, but there is always someone who has to ruin a thread by saying something like, "they won't do him for a while because they have to actually put money and effort into the figure." With the $20 price tag we pay for each figure, there is no excuse as to why we should NOT get figures that require brand new bodies and such. Especially with the first half of the year except for Battle Cat mostly being reused parts.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Whoa, I actually forgot about Sy-Klone.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for Sy-Clone. I never had him as a kid. His 200X version rocks. The MOTUC treatment would really pop with those bright blues and yellows.

As far as tooling, I bet they use the He-Ro crotch.