Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MattyCollector General Help & Information Thread

Official MattyCollector General Help & Information Thread

We have compiled the most requested questions relating to MattyCollector, it will be continually updated as the need arises and information changes.

MattyCollector Phone: (877) GO-MATTY 18774662889 (for iphone/web phones)
    Digital River Phone: (952) 392-2971 19523922971 (for iphone/web phones) , (942) 253-1234 19422531234 (for iphone/web phones), Once the automated message begins to speak, press 0, then when the operator comes on ask them to let you please speak with a manager.
    Digital River Mailing Address: Digital River, Internet Distribution Services, c/o DCL Fulfillment Center, 4455 E. Philadelphia Street, Ontario, CA 91761
    MattyCollector Email: mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com
    Matty Facebook Page: we cannot directly link to the Matty Collector Facebook account due to vulgar language in posts/comments
    MattyCollector Store
    He-Man.org Facebook
    UPS Tracking Site

MattyCollector General Questions
    Q: My order came damaged, what is the exchange policy?
    A: MattyCollector's official explanation is "Faulty figures can be exchanged by contacting customer service through Mattycollector.com." Your best bet is to call and speak to a customer service rep and see what they can do for you. Please keep in mind there is no explicit return/exchange policy in place, you could very well receive a completely different response then what is posted here.

We can only go by what we are told and what is posted on various sources like Mattys Facebook Page.

Q: How much is shipping for several figures?
    A: You can easily find shipping estimates at UPS Shipping, but in general for GROUND SHIPPING (The automatic basic option) 2-3 figures it will be $8.70, 4-6 is ~$12, to Canada 3 figures is ~$12. Each figure weighs about 1lb. Next Day and 2 Day options will be much more expensive. International Shipping is based on country and varies greatly (anywhere from $12-40 per order)

Q: How do I check if my order has shipped?
    A: Go to Find My Order and put in your invoice number and your MattyCollector.com password in the box provided. If you are unsure of your invoice number you can enter your email address and the last 5 digits of your Credit Card that was used at time of order:

Another trick that may work is to go UPS and put in your invoice number and see if it has shipped, the UPS Reference Number is your MattyCollector Invoice number

Q: How do I add or edit a credit card on MattyCollector?
    A: The easiest way is to to login to Your Account and enter your new credit card or make other changes using the CC information screen.

Another method is to go to http://mattycollector.com :
    Click on "Store"
    In the lower left hand corner click on "Order History"
    Login to your account
    Click on "Back to main help page"
    Click on "My Payment Information"
    Type in a Name for your Credit Card
    Add Credit Card Number and select the expiration date
    Select Submit, if you want it saved as the default then once added click on "Save as default"
    To edit a credit card go to http://mattycollector.com :
    Click on "Store"
    Login to your account
    Click on "Back to main help page" at the bottom of the page
    Click on "My Payment Information"
    On the right hand side you will see "Saved Payment Options"
    Find the credit card you want to edit and click Edit
    Here you will be able to change the Credit Card Number and select the expiration date
    Select Submit, if you want it saved as the default then once edited click on "Save as default"

Q: How do I add an address?

A: A: The easiest way is to to login to Your Account and enter your new address or make other changes using the address information screen.

Another method is to go to http://mattycollector.com :
    Click on "Store"
    Login to your account
    Click on "My Address Information"
    Type in a Nick Name for your Address
    Add address information in the boxes provided
    Select Submit, if you want it saved as the default then once added click on "Save as default"
    To edit an address go to http://mattycollector.com :
    Click on "Store"
    Login to your account
    Click on "My Address Information"
    On the right hand side you will see "Saved Addresses"
    Find the address you want to edit and click Edit
    Change the information in the boxes provided
    Q: How do I change my address for an already placed order?
    A: We could provide that info but thus far it hasn't worked very well, Digital River has suggested themselves that people call them with any changes to already existing orders. However if you want to add a new address you can follow the steps above.

Q: I got a Payment Authorization Failed message, what does that mean?

A: Mattel is attempting to authorize your account, if you are getting the "Payment Authorization Failed" message, chances are you do not have the amount for the total. Some credit card companies/processors have had trouble with Digital River in the past and occasionally flag their charges, if you know you have money and the credit card is failing it might be a good idea to give your credit card a call and see if there is a hold or block for Digital River and ask them to release it so you can purchase.

There is also another culprit, Firefox users have reported receiving this error and instead have opted for using Apple's Safari or Microsoft's Internet Explorer browsers with success.

Q: My credit card was charged but now the charge has disappeared, what is going on?
    A: When you make a purchase at MattyCollector the amount is authorized, the authorization is simply to check and see if you have enough money. It will disappear 1-4 business days before the actual charge appears on your account.

Q: Can MattyCollector ship to PO Boxes?
    A: UPS currently does not ship to PO Boxes, if for some reason you are able to place your order and use a PO Box then call 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877) when you receive your tracking number to arrange a hold on the shipment so you can pick it up, then call MattyCollector to change your shipping address to one they accept.

Q: What is the release list for 2010 figures?

January
    Adora 2010 Subscription figure
    Battle Armour He-Man Bonus figure
    Beast Man Re-issue figure

February
    Trap Jaw 2010 Subscription figure
    Battle Cat Bonus figure
    Man At Arms Re-issue figure

March
    Moss Man 2010 Subscription figure
    Stratos Re-issue figure

April
    Evil Lyn 2010 Subscription figure
    Wun-Dar 2010 Subscription figure (NOT AVAILABLE FOR SINGLE SALE)
    Hordak Re-issue figure
    Weapons Pack

May
    Optikk 2010 Subscription figure
    Tytus Bonus figure
    Q: Am I able to buy Subscription figures if I don't have a subscription?
    A: Yes, the only exception is Wun-Dar as he was a bonus item only if you ordered a 2010 subscription

Q: What time and date do the figures go on sale?
    A: MOTUC figures unless otherwise noted go on sale the 15th of every month at 12:00p EST. You can find your time here . EST is GMT-4 from March 15th through October 15th, and GMT-5 from November 15th through February 15th.

Q: What lines are included in the MOTUC Universe?
    A: Original Masters of the Universe, Princess of Power, and New Adventures of He-Man are all planned to have MOTUC figures. MYP He-Man is currently not in the rotation as a normal planned group. Examples of MYP figures would be the Convention Exclusive King Greyskull and Bonus Figure Zodak which is inspired by the MYP Zodak character.

Q: What is the difference between "Currently Unavailable" and "Coming Soon"?
    A: Currently Unavailable means that the figure is no longer available for purchase but may receive a re-release. Coming Soon means the figure will be available for purchase on the date listed with the corresponding figure. In the past MattyCollector has also used the following designations "No Longer Available", "Gone for Good" and "Sold Out". It should not be expected that every figure will receive a re-release and certain ones like King Greyskull will be re-released on a new card and not its original electronic box.

Q: How will I know if I have the first edition of a figure?
    A: Re-issues are usually marked, for example the re-issue of He-Man and Skeletor have "The Original" logo stamped on the box.

Q: I was charged sales tax and I should not have been, what should I do?
    A: Depending on the order, sales tax may be calculated and charged. Any sales tax charged will be indicated once your billing and/or shipping address have been entered during checkout. If you live outside the United States, custom and tariff fees may apply according to your country's import laws. These fees are not collected by this company, and this company does not have control of these fees. If you were incorrectly charged sales tax or VAT for international users please contact MattyCollector immediately to discuss the situation.

Q: In the past he-man.org has been able to help with contacting upper management at Digital River and Mattel, can you post that info?
    A: This information is private and provided on a need to know basis, occasionally we will assist users who have no other recourse to get assistance but it will be via pm and there is no guarantee it will lead to a resoultion.

Specific Org Concerns

Q: Is there any place that has complied the bios into a narrative?
    A: Org member Uki has taken on that task, you can read it here

Q: Where can I find all the bios that have been released?
    A: Org member PaTrIcKfOgArTy has taken on that task, you can read them here

Q: How fast has every figure to date sold out
    A: The sell out thread is located here, also included in that thread is org member JafariStew's more detailed website for MOTUC Sell Out details

Q: I have a question I would like to ask about MOTUC, where can I do that?
    A: We provide a WTFWTK (What the Fans What to Know) thread, it will be stickied at the top of the Masters of the Universe Classics Forum (2008 - ?) and those select questions will be sent to Mattel, the answers will be posted as well in another stickied WTFWTK Answers Thread.

Subscription Questions

Most subscription questions be discussed here:

Q: I need to change my credit card info, address, shipping option, how can I do so?
    A: For customer updates related to subscriptions, the instructions above on changing your address and credit card are supposed to work, but thus far rarely does for various reasons. We highly recommend if you need to change your shipping address or credit card for your subscription order, please contact customer service directly at (877) GO-MATTY. You can email Digital River at mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com or csvendor@digitalriver.com as well.

For changing your credit card info and address in general see the instructions above.

Q: I am confused as to how the subscription plan works, every month it changes, how does it work?
    A: This is a constantly changing situation with Digital River. The following steps are how it "should" be working:

1. Subscription is purchased
    2. The 1st month your figure ships under that invoice and the order is marked as complete
    3. The next month the new figure is given a new invoice and the subscription is "renewed" using the default address & credit card
    4. The cycle repeats every month until the subscription is over
    What has been happening is people are being forced to use the credit card they purchased the subscription with and having the toys shipped to that original address. This is not how it should work and you should call or email Digital River and discuss subscription changes with them directly.

Q: What is the benefit of having a subscription vs buying on normally?

A: The obvious benefit is that you will not have to be present at the time the figure goes on sale, with some figures selling out in 40min the subscription provides for a more laid back purchase. In addition for 2010 you will receive a Map of Eternia and a exclusive Wun-Dar action figure, these items will NOT be available for puchase elsewhere and will not be re-issued. As far as shipping is concerned, the subscription figures should ship earlier than standard orders. Problems with distribution hampered the 2009 subscription, so please keep this in mind if you have a 2010 subscription.

Q: My subscription status is Order Held and/or I received a notice saying my subscription was not renewed, what gives?
    A: Order Held is never good, it usually means there is an issue with your order. And overall there is no good answer to this question; Digital River has a history of cancelling subscriptions or not renewing them based on the smallest faults. We recommend if this has happened to you to contact your credit card company first and make sure they have no blocks against Digital River, and verify you have funds available. Then contact Digital River by phone and discuss the matter with them. This is one instance we recommend calling vs email as a way of contact.

If there are any questions or something on the site was not clear please post about it, its is likely that you are not the only one confused and if we can find an answer and post it here that will only help others.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Is it ok if I add the upcoming figure releases? It is a question that gets asked a lot

January

Adora 2010 Subscription figure
    Battle Armour He-Man Bonus figure
    Beast Man Re-issue figure

February

Trap Jaw 2010 Subscription figure
    Wun-Dar 2010 Subscription figure
    Battle Cat Bonus figure

March

Moss Man 2010 Subscription figure

April

Evil Lyn 2010 Subscription figure

Also, for anyone that wants to know exactly what time the figures go on sale then go to this website

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is it ok if I add the upcoming figure releases? It is a question that gets asked a lot
    Thanks I will update the first post to reflect this as well

I will be adding more things over the next 2 days, if anyone feels something should be added feel free to post
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

If I think of anything more I will post it here

Thanks, this will be a great resource

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So why am I still being refused a fixed Zodak if this information is accurate? All I keep getting is a message telling me how to get a refund, NOT an exchange.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So why am I still being refused a fixed Zodak if this information is accurate? All I keep getting is a message telling me how to get a refund, NOT an exchange.
    There is no explicit return/exchange policy in place; it is what it is.
    Our FAQ above says as much. I will make that a little clearer given the ever changing nature of Digital River customer service.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Very nice, thanks for the info markatisu.

The one and only thing I would ask to Matty is a different kind of shipment:
    we buyers have just 2 options (and i don't want to be forced to pay $45!) which is poor for a big business like Motu are.
    I'm tired to look after lost parcels, I've never received Zodac, Stratos, Zodak and Teela...is it normal to you? I hope 2010 can bring us some news about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kasval View Post
    The one and only thing I would ask to Matty is a different kind of shipment:

we buyers have just 2 options (and i don't want to be forced to pay $45!)
    which is poor for a big business like Motu are.
    I'm tired to look after lost parcels, I've never received Zodac, Stratos, Zodak and Teela...is it normal to you? I hope 2010 can bring us some news about it.
    I assume you are talking about international shipping options?

Well Done Markatisu - very useful thread....I didn't have the DR number so that's getting used now.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Why is my Subscription not renewed? That's a good question too
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I assume you are talking about international shipping options?
    Correct, I'm from Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Why is my Subscription not renewed? That's a good question too
    I will add a basic answer to that in a few minutes. Its not really the best question because Digital River has a history of deleting/killing subscriptions for no real reason (they say the CC is bad but you can make a standalone order, etc)

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Hello, anyone knows how to communicate with mattycollector by mail, due to lost parcels? In digitalriver (by mail) told me to call 1-800-524-TOYS (1-800-524-8697), but I can not do that because I am international buyer. It's really a shame that international shipments do not have tracking number. Please help me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Hello, anyone knows how to communicate with mattycollector by mail, due to lost parcels? In digitalriver (by mail) told me to call 1-800-524-TOYS (1-800-524-8697), but I can not do that because I am international buyer. It's really a shame that international shipments do not have tracking number. Please help me. Thanks.
    The only address I have on file is (from their invoice that comes with your order)

Digital River
    Internet Distribution Services
    c/o DCL Fulfillment Center
    4455 E. Philadelphia Street
    Ontario, CA 91761
    USA

Widget
    How do you make a new accout at mattycollctor? Do you need one first to buy something? At checkout it says make a new account after I make a new account how long do i have to wait before i can buy something.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Evil 333 View Post
    How do you make a new accout at mattycollctor? Do you need one first to buy something? At checkout it says make a new account after I make a new account how long do i have to wait before i can buy something.
    Yes, you have to order something to create an account. There is no waiting time. You create your account and the give the additional account information as you proceed through your order.

Here is the ordering process, put in to words:
    You put items you want in the shopping cart, then on checkout page you create your new account, by giving your email and password. Then you fill your billing address information (and shipping address information, if they are not the same). After this, you proceed to the next page (Shipping method / credit/debit card info page) where you choose your shipping method and give your credit/debit card information. To complete your order, proceed to the next page (Thank you page). Final page shows you your order information.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Shining in the Darkness Chronicler's Avatar

Digital River Survival Guide

Okay, we've been at this for over a year, and it seems dealing with DR is a bit of a challenge. I thought I'd put down the things I've learned to cope with DR and if anyone else has something to add, they can chime in.

GENERAL SUBSCRIPTION NOTES
    • On the first month of a subscription, you do not receive a confirmation email, just a shipping notification email.
    • The first month of a subscription goes to whatever address you provided at the time of order, regardless of what address you have since put in.
    • The first month of a subscription is charged to the credit card you initially paid with, even if it has been changed/expired/deleted since that time.
    • Subsequent months automatically post to your default payment method.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY CREDIT CARD
    1. Click on Order History
    2. Click on Back to Main Help Page
    3. Click on My Payment Information
    4. Enter a new credit card information and click on Submit
    5. Click on Save as Default under the newly created credit card profile

PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION FAILED ERROR
    If the payment method for your order is denied (due to insufficient funds, invalid credit card information, or whatever reason), your order will continue to throw a payment authorization failed error no matter what you change your payment type to. You have to close out of that session, start a new session, add whatever you wanted to the new shopping cart, and try again with a different payment method first.

After you've resolved the issue with your failed payment method, you need to go into My Payment Information, delete the method, and re-add it.

Once an order is flagged as denied, it's always denied. Once a card is flagged as denied, it's always denied.
    ATTENTION:
    I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Excellent, BUT...........

Last month my card was denied - despite there being plenty of funds - and two days later, after having done nothing to it and having bought Randy with another card - it was magically authorised and I got a clearing note to say my account had been charged succesfully. Didn't add/subtract anything and I ended up with two Randys as a result.

This month the same card worked automatically for the new sub - no intervention from me so it can't be forever barred. Have the email trial to back this up. What's even more head scratching is that a new card I tested on buying BA He was also denied twice (again nothing wrong with it) yet the old card above worked fine to make the purchase.

Eh?

DR is sometimes just inexplicable.

The only rule for DR is that...
    there's no rules!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Thank you! I am needing to change my card soon, and I knew this information was spread all over the place. I haven't had an problems with them so far, but, I also haven't had the need to change anything, and I know people have had many problems with that so far. I want to deal with them as little as possible.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing View Post
    DR is sometimes just inexplicable.
    That is pretty much it in a nutshell, what we have posted is what we have been told, but as you can see with Chronicler's post their actions do not always match their "rules"

strange order process error - email account related

a very strange thing has happened two times already when processing my orders... today it happened again while ordering skeletor.

back in july, i used my hotmail account to order a Man-at-Arms but the store kept saying "unable to process your order, please verify your information and try again", something like that... but i had used that very same credit card, billing and shipping info, on previous orders, successfully.

the following month i tried ordering Tri-Klops and same thing happened, "Order cancelled by system"... so i tried from scratch creating a new account with my gmail, and it worked!

so i've been using my gmail account to order successfully, including the january 15th releases, but a week later i go in and try to order skeletor.

...and it happens again... i tried with my hotmail and gmail and neither of them pass, no matter what browser i use (i tried firefox, explorer, and chrome)... so i try ordering from scratch with my yahoo mail... and it WORKED!

does anyone else have this problem?

do accounts have a limited number of orders you can place with a given email?... what happens when i run out of fresh email accounts? ... it doesn't make any sense.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I had this problem before. The problem was Matty blocked/banned my credit card. My Faker figure wasn't shipped/got lost in the mail, I was told I would get a replacement or my money back but to first wait another week to see if he arrived. He did not.

The next rep told me they wouldn't send me a new one or give me my money back. I explained what the other rep said and she said that's not the case. I told her how I would have to do a chargeback with my credit card company as I couldn't pay $30+ dollars for an item I didn't receive. She understood and said "do what you feel you have to do" or something.

My next monthly order worked, but I missed out on Man-At-Arms and Hordak because of this issue (same message you were getting). I kept calling in each month...many times and reps said it was weird, they'd look into it, etc. Anyway, after many calls for many months, a rep confirmed Matty had banned/blocked my credit card.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

but i'm guessing you used a different card for your following orders?

because i've used the same credit card... same card i used on last order and worked, i used it today on skeletor... didn't work with my previous 2 emails accounts, but the card worked fine with a fresh yahoo mail account.

weird. in my case the problem seems to be matty or DR blocking the email accounts... why?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)