Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you have chosen instead of Nepthu and Plundor

Who would you have chosen instead of Nepthu and Plundor

This is not a bashing thread on these 2 guys, i am always glad to get never before made figures. But i will say that i wish that other characters were made before these 2. Nepthu is a powerful sorcerer on Eternia, but never saw him as a integral part of the MOTU story, and Plundor, wasn't even from Eternia, therefore why focus on a character that poses no threat to it. I mean get the whole Pink evil bunny is a incredible to include in a action figure line, but that being said, what i am searching for are 2 figures of equal standing as these 2 characters, who you would have chosen instead, or if these 2 would have been your choice, put them down.

For Me instead of Nepthu, I would have like to seen Someone like the Enchantress, or maybe someone like Damon, keeping in mind they are powerful magicians on Eternia that played more into the story of MOTU from their respective media sources.

In place of Plundor, I would have liked a character like False Face, the shapeshifter of the Horde, maybe like 3 different heads (BOW, Heman, and Skeletor) with that yellowish tint that False face skin has. Those are my choices, what are yours.

Heroic Warrior
    Lizard Man and Masque, hands down. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Nepthu and Plundor being a part of MOTUC, but personally Lizard Man and Lord Masque both fit in with characters we've already got or are getting. We've got Strong Arm, why not Lizard Man? Lizard Man is both an honorary Master and a link to the Snake Men. He makes sense to be included into the line. Ditto with Lord Masque and his connection with Shokoti. They just seem like better fits into the over-all MOTUC line to me.

Lizard Man and Kittrina
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

I don't have a problem with Nepthu and Plundor being made.

If I have to choose, I would have picked Lizard Man and Madame Razz. I thought we'd get three heroic warriors, and three villains. Instead we got 4 villains and only two heroes.
    Last edited by sirsniffy; July 30, 2013 at 06:00pm. Reason: took out Nepthu bashing

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I wouldn't have changed Nepthu as I've wanted a figure of him for 20+ years. But Plundor, I would have changed to Granita.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Anyone of the following would have been a better choice than those two (in no particular order):

1. Evil Seed
    2. Negator
    3. Lizard Man
    4. Masque
    5. Montork/Dree Elle
    6. False Face
    7. Granita
    8. Vultak
    9. Scurvy
    10. Light Hope
    11. Madame Razz/Broom
    12. Dylamug
    13. Filmation Hordak with Imp
    14. Melaktha
    15. Kodak Ungul
    16. Toymaker
    17. Dark Dream
    18. Kothos
    19. Malik
    20. King Miro

I like Plundor, so I'm happy with him. I would have preferred Squeeze, of course, since Plundor a part of Club Eternia NOT the Filmation sub.

For Nepthu, either Skeletor's Robot Knights or Lizard Man.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Lizard Man and Masque, hands down. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Nepthu and Plundor being a part of MOTUC, but personally Lizard Man and Lord Masque both fit in with characters we've already got or are getting. We've got Strong Arm, why not Lizard Man? Lizard Man is both an honorary Master and a link to the Snake Men. He makes sense to be included into the line. Ditto with Lord Masque and his connection with Shokoti. They just seem like better fits into the over-all MOTUC line to me.

Those are great choices, but they not one the same level as in regards as Nepthu and Plundor. I guess what i am looking for, for the purpose of classifing them, Is fellow B-C listers, One being a Magic user, the other whatever. Hope that clarifies what I'm looking for.

Kittrina and Lizard Man.

Aren't you glad I'm not in charge of the line?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Those are great choices, but they not one the same level as in regards as Nepthu and Plundor. I guess what i am looking for, for the purpose of classifing them, Is fellow B-C listers, One being a Magic user, the other whatever. Hope that clarifies what I'm looking for.
    With the exception of Razz, Light Hope, and Scorpia, there is no Filmation character left that I would consider B-lister. All are C-listers or lower. BTW, it doesn't really matter because just about any Filmation character would have been better.

Madame Razz and Broom! If those are too much tooling, Scurvy and Vultak.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I would have done Masque and Zilora, and tied her bio into the Snake Men if I could.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I think you just need to go to the He-man.org poll to answer this question:

1. Scorpia (confirmed)
    2. Sea Hawk (confirmed)
    3. Madame Razz (with Broom)
    4. Lizard Man
    5. Strongarm (confirmed)
    6. Robot Knights
    7. Evilseed
    8. Masque
    9. Huntara (confirmed)
    10. Imp
    11. Graniita
    12. Hawke
    13. Vultak
    14. Hunga the Harpy
    15. King Miro
    16. General Sunder
    17. Dree Ellle
    18. Kittrina
    19. Dragoon
    20. Dylamug
    21. General Tataran
    22. Uncle Montork
    23. Plundor
    24. Twiggets (Sprag, Sprocker, Spritina)
    25. Melaktha

i am of course ecstatic that we're getting plundor...though i agree that he should be in the filmation sub.

in place of nepthu?

garth
    crackers the clown
    chef allen
    monteeg

not sure if they're b or c listers...
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Masque
    Dragoon
    Tartaran
    Vultak
    Hunga the Harpy
    That blackstar Warlock Dragon ripoff that was red instead of green.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    None. I like them both. Their respective episodes are a couple of my favorites.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I'm quite happy with Nepthu & Pludor!! I would gladly see Lord Masque made before Huntara thogh, even though I have no issue with her character & will certainly purchase her! He just should have been made in a closer proximity to Shakoti, is all... And I would like to see Lizard-Man & Kothos sooner than later! If there's ONE Filmation character I'd be happy with NEVER getting, it'd be Madam Razz. Yes, I know she's VERY Important, but I could never STAND her character, LOL. I'm not saying she shouldn't be made, mind you! I'm fine with any & every Vintage/Filmation/Mini-comic/DC Comic/MYP/MVP/Concept character made, the more broad & diverse MOTUC is, to me, the better! I personally just couldn't ever appreciate her character on any level. If they'd made a figure of her back in the day, I'd have bought her just to have the Horde KILL her... Repeatedly!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I don't have a beef so much with Plundor, since he was actually asked for. But Nepthu...no one has really asked for him in all of this time.

I would have replaced him with Lizard Man, Masque or Kittrina.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Masque and General Sunder.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    Lord Masque and Zilora...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Lord Masque and Dragoon...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evilseed, Tung-Lashor or Squeeez instead of Plundor.
    Lizard-Man or Dragoon instead of Nepthu
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm very happy that Plundor is coming but I would of given the Nepthu space to Vultak (since were getting Huntara and Scorpia now anyways)

I'd have added two PoP characters so the sub would have been fair to all of the PoP fans who contributed their hard earned money to ensure the sub went through.

Hunga the Harpy and Melog sound about right to me.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I love Plundor but I would have put Madame Razz and Broom or Lizard Man in place of either of those two.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!