Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MattyCollector General Help & Information Thread

I also need to change my payment info as i've got a new card. I know i'm going to have to call them to get it changed for next years sub, but i had hoped to update the website so that i could use the new card for this month bonus figure purchase.

As it stands this means i cannot activate my new card as it will automatically disable my old one, which means no King Greyskull for me..and i swear by every star in the sky that is NOT going to happen...
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I don't get it. Why can't you update the card on the website? Why would that disable your old one?

If your old one is still valid, just keep that one as your default card. Put your new card information in there as a secondary card, and whenever you need to make the change official, change the new card to default.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I can't update the card on the website because the Payment Information page just will not load! like previous posters i have the ERROR:SYS0001 message when trying to access that page.
    And putting my new card on the website would not cancel my old one, USING my new card for ANYTHING will disable my old card, so until i can get onto the Payment information page to update my card there, i cannot use my new card at all otherwise come the 15th(assuming the page doesn't work by them) then matty are going to have the wrong details.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Hi guys,

The "My Payment Information" link is working now. I just changed my credit card information.

I think I have to wait and see if my subscription works this month.

I have likewise been able to update...but my understanding was that if i want to change the card uses for next years sub i would need to call and tell them...is this not correct? The details on the website only pertains to future orders (afaik)
    I know that if i had to change subscription details in the past i needed to call.

Concerned

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post of what i want to say here. I do not know where else to post this and if this happens to be the wrong place to post what i need to say then in kind please show me the direction of where i should post this. Thanks.

What i want to say here is an issue i have but it is more of a concern with questions.

The topic is about, the Weapons Pak that went on sale on Monday and about an incorrect shipping address involved with the product. I have already gotten on the phone with customer service yesterday when the Weapons Pak went on sale and it appears according to customer service that my address from a post office box will be changed to the corrected physical mailing address that i have requested for it to be changed to, though i was told it would take up to 72hrs to receive an e-mail notification. Does this sound familiar to anyone and have i done things right since this is the first time i am having to deal with correcting a wrong shipping address? What should i expect next now that "supposedly" the problem has now been corrected?

Also concerning of what i have said above here, has anyone successfully but with or with out difficulties got there shipping mailing address corrected before?

Sorry for so many questions. I am just concerned and keeping my fingers crossed that the Weapons Pak that i have ordered will be sent to the right mailing address and that the notification i will receive will have the corrected shipping address. Based on what i was told over the phone it appears that everything will be fine, but i feel worried and concerned since as said before, that this is my first time i am having to go thru this.

Please in kind if anyone can share with me anything that he or she may know, feel free to give me a heads up on anything that i could know and especially for future reference. Take care everyone.

Ralgonzo
    Last edited by ralgonzo26; November 16, 2010 at 07:04am.

I'm Awesome Sauce! Grange Wallis's Avatar
    So what is the current figure schedule...? Dec: Buzz-Off & Evil-Lyn? Jan: Vikor & Feb: Bow etc? Can we get a sticky that has the 1st post updated?

Thanks
    Being a kid in the 80's scarred my life! In an awesome way! so many fantastic cartoons and toylines!!!
    Follow my art & Animations @ my blog! http://grangewallis.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grange Wallis View Post
    So what is the current figure schedule...? Dec: Buzz-Off & Evil-Lyn? Jan: Vikor & Feb: Bow etc? Can we get a sticky that has the 1st post updated?

Thanks
    I have no idea, why this awesome thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174872
    haven't been made sticky yet (I'm looking at you moderators), but it has all the information (and more) you need about the release schedule.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Question about ordering from Matty.

I was just wondering if anyone could answer a quick question for me before the sale starts. If i am on the page for the items getting ready to go on sale at say 30 minutes till, will the page automatically refresh from coming soon to where i can order at 12:00, or do i have to load the page at or after 12:00?

Widget
    Manual reload on or after, anything before is just hitting their server pointlessly!

Thank you very much.

Matty Collector Issue w/ IE8

Is anyone experiencing issues with the Mattycollector website in Internet Explorer? Whenever I use the IE8 browser and try to go to their website, it causes my internet to stop working. This has been going on for a while and it even did it on my school's computer. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem. Thanks.
    Master of Mayhem

I suggest using Firefox instead of any version of IE. IE is a royal pain.

Chrome, baby. Chrome.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by willykfg View Post
    Is anyone experiencing issues with the Mattycollector website in Internet Explorer? Whenever I use the IE8 browser and try to go to their website, it causes my internet to stop working. This has been going on for a while and it even did it on my school's computer. Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem. Thanks.
    I thought it was just me. I did a virus search but nothing showed up. Everytime I go to Matty, IE threatens to shut down unless I quickly tell it not to. I hope whatever is going on doesn't stop me from getting Superman this wednesday.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

My roboto debacle...

I am so frustrated and annoyed. I need some advice. Basically here is my story and situation. I am part of Club Eternia and have been receiving my figures all year automatically that are part of the subscription. So here goes:

• I receive my Roboto in October. There is lots of talk of cracked Robotos. I check mine more closely and sure enough it has a huge crack accross it's torso. I think 'no probem' and contact Matty. They email me with a receipt of another being shipped.

• After a few weeks I receive another Roboto... Unfortunately they decide to send me an "Original" second release which irritates me as I am a MOC collector. Upon inspection of the figure he too has a minor crack (that oddly seems to have been melted back together) on his left lower side. I once again contact Matty and tell them I have another defective Roboto AND a second release and they once again send me an email receipt of another once being shipped.

• After a few MORE weeks a third Roboto arrives. I open the box and immediately being swearing. This Roboto has a crack too!!! I am so majorly irritated by this point that it has gone on so long (by this point I already have November's Grizzlor in hand). I call Mattel (not Matty) and complain and ask THEM what I should do... They say they can send me a voucher for a refund but they have no control over what happens at Digital River/Matty. I tel them I don't want a voucher, I want my figure and she tries to be as helpful as she can. She brainstorms with me and we determine together that all three white mailer boxes I have received have all been taped/sealed shut. This means that nobody checked the figures upon sending them out. Someone just grabbed it off a shelf and packed it. She suggests I talk to a supervisor and ask that they LOOK at the figure to ensure the fourth one is correct and not damaged.

• I contact Matty (AGAIN) and begin to realize that these people at Matty are COMPLETELY useless. Noone knows what is going on over there. With my 'Robot' Figure (as the girl calls it at DR). They don't even know what the subscription is! Finally after a few attempts to talk to a supervisor I am transferred to somebody. I tell them I will send these three figures back - I just want ONE that is good. They will put it through to the proper person he says.

• I get an email a few days later from another person that says UPS will come pick up the figures... FINALLY some progress. I respond to the email and tell them A) I want a non-cracked figure, B) I want a first release figure and C) I want someone to inspect the new figure upon shipment to me. I send all requested information and UPS comes to my work to pick up the damaged Robotos. In addition I also took little yellow Post-its and with arrows detailed where the cracks were. I took another arrow and explained the "original" starburst on one of the figures. I even drew little diagrams on the post its showing where the cracks were. I also explained I would like a replacement. I basically idiot proofed the package back. EVERYTHING was overly spelled out.

• Weeks pass. I call Matty a few times in the long period of silence. They have no idea of anything going on. They still call it the 'Robot' figure. I finally receive a strange email that says they are shipping me a Roboto but there is no tracking information on it. I wait a few more days.

• I get ANOTHER email from Matty stating they are REFUNDING me for Roboto. I just statred blankly at the screen. I call Matty back and try to figure out what is going on. Even though I supply an order number of the 'shipped' Roboto (that was not shipped) it takes me 5 minutes to try to get it through the thick lady's skull that the recently shipped BUZZ-OFF figure is not the figure I am trying to get information about. So I finally go into my email and give her the refund 'order number' and she says. "Oh yes sir this figure was refunded to you." I am like shooting fireballs out of my ears at this point (though calm on the phone). She goes on to tell me that they are 'awaiting' more product to arrive. And I am like are we waiting 6 months for a second release or waiting for a couple days? Dead silence. She didn't even understand the concept of the second releases or anything I was talking about. I had to cajole her to get her to do ANYTHING. Finally she put another email into the 'Escalation Deptartment" for an estimated ship date.

• I have yet to hear anything from them. I have also come to the sobering fact that I will not be getting a Roboto - which brings me here.

I would have posted this in the main Classic forum but it would have just been transferred/buried in another existing thread about damaged figures and really want advice.

I am more than happy to buy the figure on the secondary market but with all the damaged Robotos going around I am fairly nervous about doing so. I really just want to get the figure and not deal with this anymore.

Have I just had really bad luck or have the figures cracked through shipping or from the cold that we are having up here in the North East (MA)? My fear is I buy what is touted as a perfect figure on Ebay only for it to be cracked upon arrival. Then I will really be screwed.

Also where on earth can I get someone with some Mattel influence to read this whole incident. The people at Matty are 110% useless. The people at Mattel are useless only because it is not being handled by them. There is like this HUGE void between the customer and the actual MOTUC management. This Customer Sevice and Quality Control is just horrendous.

Anyway thanks in advance.

Chris
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; December 20, 2010 at 11:47am.

Ebay......
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Customer service people are just paid to answer the phones. The fact that they call roboto "robot" is really not a big deal.

My best advice to you is to calm down, stop taking it personal that people who work there don't have the same love of MOTU that you do, relax, and just post a thread in the marketplace to buy a roboto. Odds are you'll get a respectable seller that will sell you a mint Roboto.

Widget
    AuraBoyX, I completely understand what you are going through. It's beyond frustrating. Just trying to get your money's worth for something to be right. Not defective, not damaged or second rate. Don't take this lying down man. Keep fighting.

I went through this exact same fiasco with Matty/DR with Orko. I ended up purchasing 8 Orkos just to have two with decent paint apps. I ended up returning 3 and selling 3 on ebay.

It's simply unacceptable for Matty/DR to not provide excellent customer service by staff who have simple product knowledge. Your experiences through Matty have been substandard. I still cannot get over that they sent you something without checking to see if it was right. How lazy. These action figures cost $20 for Pete's sake. That is a lot o pay for an action figure and for that kind of money, the end result should be nothing less than both spectacular and perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by dr thunder View Post
    Customer service people are just paid to answer the phones. The fact that they call roboto "robot" is really not a big deal.
    This may be true. But these people are the people you go to if you have issues with Matty products... The majority of them have zero knowledge about anything matty related including the whole concept of how subscriptions work. I have found myself telling them what it is and how the subscription works on multiple occaisions.

It's not like it is Amazon.com where the phone people are dealing with a superstore of thousands of items. Matty may be 'powered by' Digital River but it is still being presented by Mattel as Mattycollector.com customer service.

Logically this should mean when you call Mattycollector customer service the people on the other end should have some idea of recently available skus, how the subscription service works, etc... Usually when you talk to them even about simple concepts it's like your talking to people who don't understand what you are trying to say. Almost like I am talking a foreign language.

Digital River may deal with hundreds of other websites - but the number is 1-877-GO-MATTY. I shouldn't have to train the customer service people each and every time I call about simple procedures and product information.

On the few occaisions I have had billing/address issues all they do is ask for your password and then want to sign in as you to try to do what you have already tried to do and failed. What good is that? Everything gets emailed to the 'escalation department'. Sometimes I wonder if these emails ever reach them. Why aren't the escalation department the ones answering the phones they seem to be the ones who have any clue what is going on and/or have the ability to complete simple tasks.

I basically want a Roboto figure. My whole tale was more backstory so people can understand my issue with the cracked abdomens and give me some insight before I go purchasing a figure from someone who may not take it back if its cracked.

Are there alot of cracked figures?

What is the ratio of the 'Original' / first releases out there?

Does anyone think the cold weather up here in MA could be to blame for the cracked figures?

Have many people successfully ordered mint figures on the secondary market?
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; December 20, 2010 at 03:23pm.

Dang! That is really rough! Am I the only guy that got the original release w/o any cracks?
    Too bad I opened mine, I would've traded it for a slightly cracked one.
    What with the backwards shoulders and the cracked torsoes, the re-release will be really popular, I'm guessing.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nope, none of the three Robots I have have cracks in them.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Man that sucks. That's always been my fear the times that I've called up for replacements that I'd end up with a figure worse than what I had originally had and then I'd try to do something about it and then this would happen.

You can always go to ebay, but you should try here on the org first to see if anyone has him up for sale.

I'd stick with it though, and if this ever happens in the future simply refuse to return the figure until the replacement is in your hand first. (not much advice now, but still...)

It could be temperature that has caused it, but if all the cracks are in the same (or close) places it could also be a default (ala Goddess)
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

That sounds like a complete nightmare, man. It's not even a question of employees having passion for the stuff, it's literacy and the ability to follow simple instructions that's at issue, here.

My advice may be to try contacting customer service through email.

mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

On the phone, it's a mixed bag of some good people with others who are barely intelligible who will put you on hold and hang up on you. However, I've had good experiences by method of the typed word. Articulate your dilemma, but try to keep things short and sweet, and I think someone will finally understand your plight.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

So Matty decided to cancel my subscription for some reason!! Jesus Christ, how they make these mistakes, I have no idea!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com