Thread: HELP! Missing Randor.

HELP! Missing Randor.

I'm about to pop my gord here. The UPS site says that my Randor arrived yesterday at 10:07 am. I was at home, and awake at that time, and it most certainly did not arrive. The UPS guy on the phone says that in order to file a missing package claim, it must be done between the sender, and UPS. Makes sence, to cut down on fraud. I've sent Matty customer service an E-mail. Is there anything else I can do? Is their help line toll free?

I don't have the money to replace him, and I really don't have E-bay sized scratch. Oh UPS. Why? $30 (which is alot to someone who's unemployed) just gone? Are you kidding me? Merry Freaking Christmas.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I work for a company that does a lot of business with UPS, and this happens frequently.

You can do a couple of things:

Check with your neighbors. They misdeliver. A LOT.

Is there like an East/West/North/South in your address? If so, it may have been delivered to your address, but on a diifferent East/West/North/South street.

Check your backyard. they put them in weird places sometimes.

Ask for a trace to be put on the package. They SHOULD be able to send the driver out to show you where it was left.

Hope everything works out for you!

Thanks. I just checked with my neigbors accross the street, who's number is similar to mine, but they didn't recieve it. I'll go looking over my house. It's not on the front porch which is where they always leave it. I am ready to verbally decapitate some fool right now. I'm starting to wonder if the driver didn't lie, and gank the package for himself. Why else would he say that it was delivered, when I know for an absolute fact that it wasn't. It's not likely to be at a neigbors house, because I'm fairly friendly with them, and I'm pretty sure they would bring it to me right away. My address shouldn't be very complicated either. Sheesh. It's either a sticky fingured delivery guy, or a wrong address delivery for the ages.

before i bought my house i was renting an apartment on the top floor in some dudes house and the landlord would sign for everything and leave it outside my stoop. i told them to stop cause they dont know whats in it if it can get wet or plain ol stolen out in the open. i hope that didnt happen to you man.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Does your tracking info say who signed for it? All the UPS stuff I get says who signed for it, as did customers when I worked for a major cell phone company.

I remember a guy saying his phone never arrived, I checked the tracking for him and told him who signed for it. Turns out it was an employee who isn't even in the same department.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Does your tracking info say who signed for it? All the UPS stuff I get says who signed for it, as did customers when I worked for a major cell phone company.

I remember a guy saying his phone never arrived, I checked the tracking for him and told him who signed for it. Turns out it was an employee who isn't even in the same department.
    UPS doesn't give that option. It's always just delivered. If I'm not home, it's put on my front porch, which is hidden from view. Plus, I trust my neigbors. The UPS policy, as stated on their site, is that it's up to the drivers discretion to choose if there is a safe spot, out of sight and out of weather. I believe you only have to sign for insured packages, which I would gladly do, if Matty offered that.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    UPS doesn't give that option. It's always just delivered. If I'm not home, it's put on my front porch, which is hidden from view. Plus, I trust my neigbors. The UPS policy, as stated on their site, is that it's up to the drivers discretion to choose if there is a safe spot, out of sight and out of weather. I believe you only have to sign for insured packages, which I would gladly do, if Matty offered that.
    That`s wierd they don`t give that option, even for the cheap shipping which takes at least a month to arrive, I have to sign for ALL my MOTUC packages

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    That`s wierd they don`t give that option, even for the cheap shipping which takes at least a month to arrive, I have to sign for ALL my MOTUC packages

This can vary with UPS. To some extent, it's at their discretion, especially when dealing with standard ground packages (they usually tend to push for the signature more with expedited shipping options, and even then it is iffy). A lot of stuff that I order online (including my MOTUC figures) I have shipped to my wife's Grandparents' house because getting things delivered at our place is a pain. And frequently, if they aren't home, UPS will just leave the package on their side porch. And even when they are home, they'll just hand them the package.

It is possible that it got mis-delivered entirely. Not just to a neighbor's house on your same street, but it might have been delivered to the entirely wrong street (perhaps the house number was the same, but it was a different street, and somehow that package got mixed in with other things being delivered to that street). At this time of year, with ALL of the packages that they are dealing with, it's really not outside the realm of possibilities.

My advice would be to call up the 877-go-matty customer service line about this (yes, it is toll free). Now, I haven't dealt specifically with Matty/DR on having a package get lost, but in my experience (both having worked for a catalog/internet site customer service department, and having had things lost in the past that I had ordered), they will open up a claim with UPS, and if the package isn't found after so many days, if they don't have any more Randors to ship out (which is iffy given Matty's customer service in general... though they do supposedly set a small amount of extras aside for customer service issues), they should at least refund you your money (and if I were you, I'd be VERY persistent and make sure they refund your shipping as well... this isn't a mere defect, you didn't even get the thing).

The worst case scenario is that once you get your money back, you may have to resort to ebay or the marketplace here to try and get a Randor. That kind of sucks, I know, but sometimes there are good deals to be had. Some people have reported getting some of the MOTUC figures for less than what it would have cost them to get them from Matty at times, so you may luck out there if Matty can't reship your order.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Thanks Dynamo, you've been very helpful, and you've actually put my mind at ease. I thought I was going to have an anurism. (sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Thanks Dynamo, you've been very helpful, and you've actually put my mind at ease. I thought I was going to have an anurism. (sp?)
    No problem, I am glad I can help. This kind of thing can be stressful, especially if you're not sure what to do.

You should be okay. The most worrisome part about this is Matty's actual customer service. It can be questionable to some extent. Once you get to someone who can actually help you, it's not so bad, but getting to someone who can is the chore (at least with the issue that I had with them a while back, which was different from this issue). It could potentially get frustrating, but the key is to be persistent and not give up. If they say someone has to call you back and they give you a time frame like 24 or 48 hours, and no one calls you in that time, then call them back. Don't give up.

The good news is that there is a claims process with UPS (which is standard for anyone using UPS) that should come through (the shipper, in this case Matty/DR, contacts UPS to initiate the process and file the claim). They put what is called a "tracer" on the package, and have so many days to find it (I forget the exact amount, but I think it's something like 8 to 10 business days, so unfortunately it can be a bit of a wait, though you may not necessarily have to wait that whole time).

But once they determine that the package cannot be recovered, I'm pretty sure Matty/DR is able to claim the value of the item and the cost of the shipping through UPS (so UPS would reimburse that to Matty/DR), so there really is no reason that they shouldn't be able to refund you in full (including shipping) if the original package cannot be recovered and they do not have a replacement to ship to you.

The bottom line is that when all is said and done, you should either have a Randor in your hands or your money back.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; December 22, 2009 at 08:20pm.

Well guess what? My dad just got home. And I must appologize to you all. Thank you for the help, and thank you for your time. And I hope that you all get a good laugh out of this. I'm not sure how to deal with the customer service folks though.

It turns out, dad intercepted it, and decided to wrap it as a Christmas gift. I've already let him know how much hell he put me through. It may actually turn out to be an even bigger inconvenience. I told the Mattel lady, Ces, that I wanted UPS to require a signature. So if no one's home, it may get taken back to the UPS store that it came from, which is over an hour away from my home. I don't know if they will try again the next day, or require me to pick it up, like the post office does. In the case of the latter, it would be a huge deal to do that. I'll have to call Mattel back and work all of that out.

I'm too happy that King Randor is all wrapped up and sitting in the living room, to be angry about all the rest. God bless you guys, and Merry Christmas. And yes, I'm waiting until Christmas Eve to open him up.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm glad to hear it all worked out for you! I guess I'm lucky something like that would never happen in my house. My dad hates to wrap presents.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Well, at least it turned up! Though it seems odd that your dad planned to give you a gift that you paid for yourself.

Hopefully you won't have too much of a hassle getting your future packages. Though, I doubt that you will. While I can't guarantee it, I highly doubt that there is much that Matty can do to really force UPS to require a signature. And even if there was a way for them to do so, this is Matty Collector/Digital River we are talking about here... the odds of them actually getting that done right (at least on the first try) are very slim!