Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Wun Dar get a 2nd release?

Will Wun Dar get a 2nd release?

I wonder if Mattel will reissue the Wun Dar figures since it's 1st run will be very low production?
    What do you think?
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

I thought I had read that it was going to be a one-time only run.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

He is low production because he was a bonus gift for buying the 2010 subscription. They may re-issue him but it would be at least one year or so down the line as to not cheapen the point of having him in the first place.

For Mattel I imagine it would be a situation of "you had a chance to buy and you did not take it", sure some people who joined the line late but with other collector lines its understood that you get special items or the chance at special items as a condition of your membership.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    I'm pretty sure mattel covered the subject when there was a customer service mistake in telling consumers with order problems, that there would be a re-issue of wun-dar. Toyguru & Matty's facebook have since said that there will NOT be a re-issue & wun-dar will only be available with 2010 sub.

I will try to find the link for you.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    I'm pretty sure mattel covered the subject when there was a customer service mistake in telling consumers with order problems, that there would be a re-issue of wun-dar. Toyguru & Matty's facebook have since said that there will NOT be a re-issue & wun-dar will only be available with 2010 sub.

I will try to find the link for you.
    I think you are thinking of the mess up where Digital River was telling people they would have the option to buy Wun-Dar or be given him in return for them screwing up the Teela situation
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

If they do release him again, they should do something to make him different. Give him a solid black belt or something to visually separate the two.

Wasn't the original "Wonder Bread He-Man" rumored to come with a reddish-brown version of the Grayskull dagger from the Castle's Weapons Rack? Since Man-at-Arms comes with one, it would be easy to do a repaint of that sword for a future Wun-Dar release.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 19, 2009 at 11:41pm.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    He's a 1 time thing.

In a way im glad I didnt do the subscription, cause of all the chaos involved. Also as cool as wun-dar is, I can just make my own for a fraction of the cost.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I don't think they would. It would defeat the purpose of the subscription incentive if they offered him later, even a year or two from now. He is just a He-Man variant with Zodac stuff, so it isn't like they created a whole new mold for him.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think you are thinking of the mess up where Digital River was telling people they would have the option to buy Wun-Dar or be given him in return for them screwing up the Teela situation
    Yep, that's the incident i was referring to. It is just the words they used at the time to make me think that he probably won't make a comeback.

Toyguru Responds to Missing Teela Subscription Orders and Wun-Dar rumor
    Toyguru - : Wun-Dar is most definately the subscription figure only. He will only be available if you purchased a 2010 Club Eternia subscription and will be mailed out in the spring along with the all new poster. Wun-Dar will not be sold in any other way. If you did not purchase a subscription, you will not be getting Wun-dar. Nothing has changed on Wun-Dar from our original plans announced at SDCC 2009.
    He refers to the situation in this quote but it sounds like the sub is the only way to get your hands on him.
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I persoanlly hope hes a 1 time thing, makes it worth all hell DR has put us through as subscribers!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    He is low production because he was a bonus gift for buying the 2010 subscription. They may re-issue him but it would be at least one year or so down the line as to not cheapen the point of having him in the first place.

For Mattel I imagine it would be a situation of "you had a chance to buy and you did not take it", sure some people who joined the line late but with other collector lines its understood that you get special items or the chance at special items as a condition of your membership.
    exactly. i am a 2010 subscriber x2 and i would be EXTREMELY dissapointed if he was released again since he was the only reason(the map is neat but meh) that i went with the sub.

it isnt like he was free, we paid for him PLUS we have to pay extra each month if we want to buy bonus figures like BA he-man and Battle Cat. i know i will prob be paying well over $120+ in just shipping due to having to place extra orders to get bonus figs etc from matty since i can not combine shipping.

i know some people come into lines late in the game but that is how it is. Toylines can not wait for everyone to be on board and then release things. they sometimes have to release exclusives,etc to keep interest in the line and keep it exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    I persoanlly hope hes a 1 time thing, makes it worth all hell DR has put us through as subscribers!
    exactly, i expect it only to get more annoying as the year goes on and am sure there will be hiccups. This is why i look at Wun-Dar as being worth it.

if other people who did not do the sub route want one i am sure there will be those that want to trade or sell him.

those of you non sub folk think of this. Wun-Dar will prob go for more than what he retailed for but at least you don't have to live through any Digital River 2010 screw ups and you save alot of cash by being able to only place one order each month.

this post is not meant to be a "i have it and you don't wha wha" post. i am just rationally talking out the points for why i don't think Wun-Dar needs a release.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I really hope they don't re-issue Wun-Dar. That would mean buying the 2010 sub and paying double shipping and NOT getting my sub shipped first would have been all for nothing!! I for one will be very very upset if they re-issue that fig.

Widget
    ^ Yeah what he said^

i highly doubt he will be reissued. he's a subscription only figure so releasing him again kinda negates the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I really hope they don't re-issue Wun-Dar. That would mean buying the 2010 sub and paying double shipping and NOT getting my sub shipped first would have been all for nothing!! I for one will be very very upset if they re-issue that fig.
    My sentiments exactly. He shouldn't be reissued whether its a year
    from now or 10 years down the line. I mean for what purpose? If
    people really wanted a Wun-Dar they would have simply bought a
    subscription and I believe it should be that way for the next bonus
    they offer for the 2011 subscription, not only would it retain value
    (not like I care ) but it also makes it unique. There's absolutely no
    purpose for him to be reissued, no matter how small the change.

I'm kind in the option of hoping it don't get released which it is said it won't, since I was on board from the start and only missed out on the King Greyskull. Even if I don't get a greyskull, I'm still happy that I got the exclusive in time for being a membership owner.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I don't see Mattel releasing him soon, but down the road never now. Maybe in a year or two.

I have a sub, but in the end it's just a toy, and re-releasing him doesn't hurt those who already own him in the slightest. Your first run Wun-dar isn't suddenly damaged because someone else owns a second run one.

I don't think he will get a second release

Off topic, I was thinking that if we are getting Wun-Dar 2 months into our 12 month subscription then maybe we will be getting another Sub exclusive for the later part of the year.

Toyguru has already stated that the subscribers will get other goodies and 10 months is a long time

I also expect Matty to have an end of year sub just like the 2009 sub for those who are late to the line

I doubt he'll get a second release. I'm not getting him and I'm not bothered by it. I know it's unfortunate for some, but there would be little reason for people supporting the line through a sub if the sub exclusive was just going to be released later.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't think he will get a second release

Off topic, I was thinking that if we are getting Wun-Dar 2 months into our 12 month subscription then maybe we will be getting another Sub exclusive for the later part of the year.

Toyguru has already stated that the subscribers will get other goodies and 10 months is a long time

I also expect Matty to have an end of year sub just like the 2009 sub for those who are late to the line
    while i would love another figure i doubt it. i bet they are putting another re-release or bonus figure in march in place of wun-dar so they can have 2 items on sale each month.

plus we'd have to pay another 20 to get a new sub figure and since we didnt sign up to give them an additional 20 beyond wundar and the 12 monthly figs they can't add in another expense and there is no way they will foot the bill on a free toy.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    while i would love another figure i doubt it. i bet they are putting another re-release or bonus figure in march in place of wun-dar so they can have 2 items on sale each month.

plus we'd have to pay another 20 to get a new sub figure and since we didnt sign up to give them an additional 20 beyond wundar and the 12 monthly figs they can't add in another expense and there is no way they will foot the bill on a free toy.
    I wasn't thinking for March, I am just saying later in the year there must be something more. Especially if people try and cancel their sub after they get Wun-Dar

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't think they would. It would defeat the purpose of the subscription incentive if they offered him later, even a year or two from now. He is just a He-Man variant with Zodac stuff, so it isn't like they created a whole new mold for him.
    I agree.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Shouldnt be released again and am glad Toyguru has stated that, that was the only reason i got the 2 subs.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

So in other words people should pay big bucks for this guy because they missed out?

Gotta love Mattel....

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So in other words people should pay big bucks for this guy because they missed out?

Gotta love Mattel....
    Just out of curiosity, how come you missed out?