Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Wun Dar get a 2nd release?

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    So in other words people should pay big bucks for this guy because they missed out?

Gotta love Mattel....
    Basically.

Also if they want the figure bad enough, they'll pay, regardless of the price.
    Last edited by Azrael; December 20, 2009 at 05:49am.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Wun dar is the only reason a lot of us are putting up with Mattys shenanigans, Hes our reward for faith in a line that is superb despite the hopeless companies behind it!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 20, 2009 at 05:54am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

He shouldn't be re-released. He's the Club Eternia incentive (map be damned), and it will undermine the entire point of the subscription (the only reason I subscribed) if he were to get an additional run.

I did not get a subscription and I DON'T WANT Wun-Dar re-released.
    Why? Because I didn't trust Matty enough to get a subscription. Wun-Dar is the reward for those brave enough to make the leap of faith that is the subscription. I don't want Mattel to take that away from the brave ones, just to please a couple of newcomers and people who didn't trust matty. Why should I be able to get the "sub-exclusive Prize" if I didn't get the sub? That's like buying trophies that you didn't earn.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I don't want Mattel to take that away from the brave ones, just to please a couple of newcomers and people who didn't trust matty. Why should I be able to get the "sub-exclusive Prize" if I didn't get the sub? That's like buying trophies that you didn't earn.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    That's like buying trophies that you didn't earn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Given the amount of pain and money that subscribers are being stung for, in exchange for showing, up front, their faith and support in the line, what with having to pay seperate shipping costs every single month that has a bonus release that subscribers also wish to own (which for most looks like being, well most months now), and given the fact that they had to also pay, up front, for the 'bonus' Wun Dar, making him not such a big bonus after all, given the fact that they still had to pay regular figure cost for him, and given that no allowances could seemingly be made to make things any easier or cheaper for subscribers, and all the hassle they have to go through if something happens or details need to be changed, then honestly, I think they deserve for this to be a one time only release. If only as a little glimmer of a reward for all their patience in Matty and their pledged and financially draining forward support for the line.

That said, today's exclusive is tomorrow's re-release, so one day, maybe in a year, maybe two, but one day I would not be at all surprised to see a Wun Dar re-release with minor token changes, particularly if Matty thinks there is money to be made by going down that path. Call my cynical, but corporate promises made on the internet aren't exactly something to bank money on.

***Please be sure to remove images when replying with a quote, Thanks***

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2004/IMG_2003a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
    Given the amount of pain and money that subscribers are being stung for, in exchange for showing, up front, their faith and support in the line, what with having to pay seperate shipping costs every single month that has a bonus release that subscribers also wish to own (which for most looks like being, well most months now), and given the fact that they had to also pay, up front, for the 'bonus' Wun Dar, making him not such a big bonus after all, given the fact that they still had to pay regular figure cost for him, and given that no allowances could seemingly be made to make things any easier or cheaper for subscribers, and all the hassle they have to go through if something happens or details need to be changed, then honestly, I think they deserve for this to be a one time only release. If only as a little glimmer of a reward for all their patience in Matty and their pledged and financially draining forward support for the line.
    Amen to that!
    Last edited by Azrael; December 20, 2009 at 07:28am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    I don't think he should be re-released no. I think he should be a one off thing, something a little bit more special to own for those that subscribed. For the record I didn't subscribe for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
    ...today's exclusive is tomorrow's re-release, so one day, maybe in a year, maybe two, but one day I would not be at all surprised to see a Wun Dar re-release with minor token changes, particularly if Matty thinks there is money to be made by going down that path. Call my cynical, but corporate promises made on the internet aren't exactly something to bank money on.
    Agree 1000%. MOTUC is a license to print money. No company is going to turn down guaranteed profit for a minimal investment.

Think about it. It's pretty damned amazing that after what happened to the 200X line, we wound up getting a brand new line only a few years later! Ka-ching!!!
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; December 20, 2009 at 08:23am.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

At one time they were having problems with the website and by the time they got around to fix it the subs and I got back on they were gone...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how come you missed out?

i may subscribe just to get this figure, even because, the ones i don't want can be easily sold maybe even for a higher price

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i may subscribe just to get this figure, even because, the ones i don't want can be easily sold maybe even for a higher price
    That ship has done been sailed, Arkangel. It's too late for the 2010 sub.

Some folks have been posting eBay links on Facebook, and he's already going for up to $134.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I wonder if all the "subscription bonus figures" like Wun-Dar will end up being other warriors who were called HE-MAN (like Vikor) too?
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Shouldnt be released again and am glad Toyguru has stated that, that was the only reason i got the 2 subs.
    Same here. If Wun-Dar is reissued, I will not be happy. I am paying additional shipping fees all year because that's the only way I can get a Wun-Dar figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That ship has done been sailed, Arkangel. It's too late for the 2010 sub.

Some folks have been posting eBay links on Facebook, and he's already going for up to $134.
    sad to read that, the loaf of bread seemed very cool, i'll end up owning him either way

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I really hope they don't re-issue Wun-Dar. That would mean buying the 2010 sub and paying double shipping and NOT getting my sub shipped first would have been all for nothing!! I for one will be very very upset if they re-issue that fig.
    I`m with you on that!! Incompetence is one thing,

i really hope this is a once availble figure. it will take alot away from the ora from the subscription bonus.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I really hope he doesn't. He is such an obscured character.

Why should they re-release him, if you had been following the line you had almost a month to get on board and get a sub if you found out late, too bad. For the most part if you just found out about these you were under a rock and as a member of the thread it was talked about multiple times so I don't know how you could have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Same here. If Wun-Dar is reissued, I will not be happy. I am paying additional shipping fees all year because that's the only way I can get a Wun-Dar figure.
    Same. While on the one hand I want to see every fan of this line get every single character they want to own...

On the other hand the only reason I'm putting up with Matty's poorly handled (so far) subscription and double shipping prices is to own this Wun-dar.

So if he's re-released I want them to do away with double shipping before 2010.

If I don't have to pay double shipping for bonus figs, they can re-release Wun-dar all they want imo.

I don't want to come off as too negative. It's a brilliant brilliant toy line and I am loving every moment of it, but there are several areas in customer service in need of serious revamp. I'm sure most of us can agree on that.

And all except for my main issue. (which is paying for shipping twice) Matty seems to at least be taking notice. Which I hope is a sign of good things to come.
    Last edited by davidlogan; December 20, 2009 at 02:35pm.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Mattel would be shooting themselves in the foot if they reissue him, as he should only be available for 2010 subscriptions. Who would bother subscribing if you can get him later through Mattel.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

the dif between KG and Wun-Dar is the nature of why they were exclusive.

KG was an exclusive for SDCC and there was never anything fans had to commit to by buying him. He was also available on matty afterwards so therefor everyone had a chance to own him. he was even on matty longer than alot of monthly figs. i have no problem having him re-released

Wun-dar was an exclusive to the Sub program and by essentially buying him you buy into the sub program and are contracted to buy 12 figures sight unseen in order to get him, pay extra shipping each month and put up with whatever snafus DR has that month. I do have a problem with Wun-Dar being released.

releasing wun-dar sort of slaps all subscribers in the face if he is released.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I wonder if all the "subscription bonus figures" like Wun-Dar will end up being other warriors who were called HE-MAN (like Vikor) too?
    Well, if the type of service that we've been getting continues, Matty is gonna have to offer way more than a bonus figure to get me to sign up. I would have saved so much money on shipping and not to mention already had my figures, but I'm still waiting for my sub Randor to ship. And what happened to all the other bonus goodies subs are supposed to get? Here's a thought how about SHIPPING OUR SUBS FIRST!! That alone would make me sign up for another year.

Good point but still it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Why would Mattel makes this an "Exclusive" when they could be making more money making these available to the general public? This subscription service is nothing but problems so why have it?

And if you look back at history with Mattel's exclusive's in 200X THAT's what they should do (I.E. Faker,Snake Teela,Moss Man) mail away or internet only make them in larger qtys. like Faker,He-Ro,KG)

To me this is stupid...Why would Mattel care about how limited these figures are?? They are a BUSINESS to make money!!! If they made them limited (But not TOO limited) they would still make their money and appease the fans...Not like that joke that was the Art Book (1000 Pcs.) and look at how well that did...

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    the dif between KG and Wun-Dar is the nature of why they were exclusive.

KG was an exclusive for SDCC and there was never anything fans had to commit to by buying him. He was also available on matty afterwards so therefor everyone had a chance to own him. he was even on matty longer than alot of monthly figs. i have no problem having him re-released

Wun-dar was an exclusive to the Sub program and by essentially buying him you buy into the sub program and are contracted to buy 12 figures sight unseen in order to get him, pay extra shipping each month and put up with whatever snafus DR has that month. I do have a problem with Wun-Dar being released.

releasing wun-dar sort of slaps all subscribers in the face if he is released.