Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 200X Sorceress in MOTUC

200X Sorceress in MOTUC

Would anyone else like to see the 200X Sorceress design used in classics but as a different Sorceress than Teelana? Perhaps as the Sorceress from King Greyskulls time?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    There was no "Sorceress" per se in Greyskull's time. After his death, his wife Veena became the first Sorceress, and she already has a character design (Which is influenced by the 200x Sorceress design, but has different wings, a bare midriff, differently-arranged colours and other differences in detail).

EDIT: The fan-art in this thread of the Sorceress & Veena look fairly accurate, and you can see the differences (Veena's the second image of the second post).
    Last edited by Reboot; December 20, 2009 at 06:13pm.

I don't care what kind of bio excuse Mattel has to come up with:
    I WANT a 200X sorceress!!!

TG's already got us ready for this Sorceress, saying that The Sorceress can change her appearance at will
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Id rather they were two different Sorceresses than the same one in different outfits.
    I know in the 200x continuity their was no Sorceress at the time of King Greykull, but this isnt 200x.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I think it might work as one sorceress with two outfits. Perhaps MYP could be Adam's early days hence his young appearence, and then Filmation/Classic He-Man could be Adam all grown up. Therefore a younger sorceress might have the MYP outfit.

I`m not really wanting a 200X sorceress but i do want a Veena for sure

If the 2K sorceress (MYP colors) is included in MOTUC I would imeadiatly put her into play as Kodac Ungle, the sorceress of grayskull before Teelana and the one who made the bargin with Teelana to become the current Sorceress.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I don't think teh 2002 Sorceress ever stated that her name was Teela-na.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't think teh 2002 Sorceress ever stated that her name was Teela-na.
    That was her real name in the Filmation series. Despite the costume change, she's still the same character. Why bother inventing a new name for her when she has a perfectly good one already? After all, they kept Man-At-Arms real name the same.

I would prefer them to have the 200x Sorceress be a different Sorceress that watched over Castle Greyskull in the time frame that exists between Veena and the Filmation Sorceress.

One would figure there have been several sorceresses over this 500 year span of time - each living the 'life' of a mortal woman (we have seen the Sorceress does in fact age) then passing on the task of protecting Castle Greyskull to her heir.

If each of these Sorceresses all lived 80 years (just an average for simplicity) starting with Veena (Sorceress #1) - the Filmation Sorceress would theoretically be Sorceress #7 and Teela would eventually succeed her as Sorceress #8.

With many warriors called 'He-Man' now potentially in the canon - different He-Men could have had different Sorceresses guiding them based on when the events occured in Eternia's history. You could theoretically have 7 different ages/generations in Eternia's history - each with its own story.

The He-Men are the descendants/continuations of Greyskull and the Sorceresses are the descendants/continuation of Veena.

Did Greyskull and Veena have children?
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; December 20, 2009 at 11:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    One would figure there have been several sorceresses over this 500 year span of time - each living the 'life' of a mortal woman (we have seen the Sorceress does in fact age) then passing on the task of protecting Castle Greyskull to her heir.
    Well, we can infer that she ages - between Kodac being an old woman and Teela'Na saying that her daughter will eventually take her place - but I'm not sure that it can be out-and-out proven that she ages, rather than just retiring after finding a successor (there's nothing to say that Kodac was a young woman when she took the job, after all). As I recall, there's instances in both Filmation and MYP of the Sorceress claiming not to be mortal.

Did Greyskull and Veena have children?
    Well, we didn't see any in "The Power of Greyskull", but King Greyskull must logically have had at least one kid if Adam & Adora are his descendants, and Queen Veena would be the most logical mother to his children.

Mattel will make a 200X version of the Sorceress. You can bank on that. How they explain it in the bio, I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, we didn't see any in "The Power of Greyskull", but King Greyskull must logically have had at least one kid if Adam & Adora are his descendants, and Queen Veena would be the most logical mother to his children.
    Well I suppose it's possible Greyskull and Veena had a son, this is where the bloodline starts... Veena could have then cloned herself to continue to watch over Greyskull's power and her son and then his son(s), and then their sons, and on and on... She would continue to clone herself over and over to continue the task.

Well I suppose it's possible Greyskull and Veena had a son, this is where the bloodline starts... Veena could have then cloned herself to continue to watch over Greyskull's power and her son and then his son(s), and then their sons, and on and on... She would continue to clone herself over and over to continue the task.
    Or she could have simply found another to take her place (like she said in the series).

I believe that Teela is the only clone of the Sorceress, and all of Teela Na's predecessors earned the right to become the Sorceress by their actions, not merely by birthright or being cloned.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I believe that Teela is the only clone of the Sorceress, and all of Teela Na's predecessors earned the right to become the Sorceress by their actions, not merely by birthright or being cloned.
    This is why I'm not particularly fond of the idea that Teela will automatically inherit her mother's place whether she likes it or not, and out-and-out DISLIKE the idea that she's just a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    This is why I'm not particularly fond of the idea that Teela will automatically inherit her mother's place whether she likes it or not, and out-and-out DISLIKE the idea that she's just a clone.
    That's understandable, but Teela has always been destined to take over as Sorceress, even in canons where she isn't a clone (like the Filmation cartoon).

I can't think of any other female on Eternia better suited to take on that responsibility than her. And I kinda doubt that she'd turn down the opportunity anyway, given the choice. (Which I imagine ultimately would be her choice; I doubt her mother's gonna force her to do something she doesn't want to do)

Yes. The 200x Sorceress was so much cuter.

i think many of us agree we want the 200X version as well. i beleive theey will do the original version first though.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

That's understandable, but Teela has always been destined to take over as Sorceress, even in canons where she isn't a clone (like the Filmation cartoon).
    Oh, I know. That's why I separated the two rather than treating them as one.

I can't think of any other female on Eternia better suited to take on that responsibility than her.
    But would you have thought of Teela'Na if you'd been watching/reading about the immediate predecessors of He-Man & co? [The Adventures of Captain Randor, fighting against his evil half-brother Keldor, perchance?] Obviously not - as a young woman in an obscure village, the pre-Sorceress Teela'Na never came to anyone's attention before the Horde scouts came and set her on a quest that would lead to her becoming the Sorceress before the next day was out.

While Origin of the Sorceress is a great ep (well, the flashback scenes are anyway. The stuff in the present day isn't so hot), I think Filmation muddled themselves a bit there by having Teela'Na become the Sorceress simply on merit. Teela's Quest seemed to have the position as strictly matrilineal, and it's about the only way the Sorceress' ever-so-slightly bizarre behaviour toward her makes any sort of sense.

And I kinda doubt that she'd turn down the opportunity anyway, given the choice. (Which I imagine ultimately would be her choice; I doubt her mother's gonna force her to do something she doesn't want to do)
    Well, it depends - the Sorceress' basic attitude is self-sacrificing, and there's a comfusion in her wanting Teela to live her life, and yet refuses to tell her that she's her mother to the point of mindwiping her after Teela went to slightly desperate measures to find out who her mum is.

If she's so determined Teela shall follow her, but wants her to lead her own life, why does the Sorceress think telling her will ruin her life somehow? Does she think Teela WON'T have the choice she had, maybe?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    That was her real name in the Filmation series. Despite the costume change, she's still the same character. Why bother inventing a new name for her when she has a perfectly good one already? After all, they kept Man-At-Arms real name the same.
    Yes, but Skeletor's name was not Keldor in the Filmation series. Trapjaw was never Kronis. Fisto did not have a real name either.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i think many of us agree we want the 200X version as well. i beleive theey will do the original version first though.
    The original Sorceress isn't coming for a few years. Maybe the 200X Sorceress will come out first?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Hell yeah I wan't a 200x Sorceress, and a vintage style Sorceress, and even a NA Sorceress. I love every version of the character. Besides 200x Sorceress parts can be reused for Veena and possibly some POP characters.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

I can't think of any other female on Eternia better suited to take on that responsibility than her. And I kinda doubt that she'd turn down the opportunity anyway, given the choice. (Which I imagine ultimately would be her choice; I doubt her mother's gonna force her to do something she doesn't want to do)
    I agree! Teela is, above all, a force for good -- and in my opinion, she would be honored to take over her mother's role of the Sorceress of Greyskull. She can do a lot more for the greater good by using sorcery than simply fighting with a sword and a bo staff. I like to think Teela would look at the bigger picture and embrace becoming the Sorceress. Plus, as the sorecress, she has that cool cobra getup. Very hot.

(I would also like to add that I do not mind the Teela-is-a-magical-clone story. I thought that story made a cool comic.)
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yes, but Skeletor's name was not Keldor in the Filmation series. Trapjaw was never Kronis. Fisto did not have a real name either.
    While it is true that Skeletor's real name wasn't revealed until the Filmation series ended, the name Keldor came from the minicomics, not MYP.

And I still say that if MYP had gotten the opportunity to reveal her real name, it almost certainly would have been Teela Na. They'd already kept Skeletor and Man-At-Arms names the same as their vintage ones, so why would they bother changing hers?