Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Displaying your NA in MOTUC

Displaying your NA in MOTUC

Curious as to what other fans are going to do. Since I am not an NA fan per se, I am going to have Optikk join Skeletor's forces in the present. I will do the same with the other mutants when they are released. I will probably pass on the NA He-Man and Skelly if they are bonus figs as a result since the present ones are the ones I grew up with and love. This isn't bashing NA at all either. Just food for thought.

Are the rest of you going to keep Optikk and the NA cast separate in their own themes for a more futuristic theme or integrate them with current MOTUC storyline and forces?

(BTW, Pixel Dan got me liking those vehicles and playsets from NA which have been come quite hard to track down.)

I have my own personal storyline that my MOTU characters "live" by. To me, the New Adventures happened and now the present is what happens when He-Man returns to Eternia. He is friends with the Galactic Guardians, who may one day show up. And Skeletor returned as well, apparently with Optikk in his teeth...

And now more recently, I'm wanting He-Man to have returned while riding on Sagitar's back!

I'm an amateur playwright and an actor (sometimes), so everything I collect has to have a current story to it. It's all in my head. Crazy? I don't care!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Heh I'm very anal about my collections. Currently my Ikea displa cabinet has The Horde at the top (Hordak is very lonely), Evil Warriors, Heroic Masters and my Transformers Animated. However once other factions join, I'll have to get another cabinet. One for SPace Mutants, Cosmic Heroes, Preternia and The Rebellion.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I collect so many different toy lines that I can barely stay organized enough to display them grouped by their respective toy line let alone try to organize them by factions within a given toy line. So when I receive Optikk he will be displayed wherever there is room for him.

Well as of right now the way my display is (and will be set up) is by faction and in sections.

Shelf 1 - Evil Horde
    Shelf 2 - The Great Rebellion
    Shelf 3 - Eternians (non factioned so will have Randor, Marlena, Gwildor et all)
    Shelf 4 - Evil Warriors
    Shelf 5 - Snake Men
    Shelf 6 - Space Mutants (NA)
    Shelf 7 - Galactic Guardians (NA)
    Shelf 8 - I don't know what to call this shelf really but it's got my custom Shokoti, Greyskull and will have Zodac, Zodak, Goddess, He-Ro)
    Then a 200X castle with the classics Masters

This will no doubt change with time, but this is what I've got in mind now.

The heroes will join the heroes and the villains will join the villains.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I shall have all factions dispayed in their groups so the Mutants will all be together and the Galactic Guardians will all be together next to the Heroic warriors.
    Like Princeadam101 I tend to think of MOTUC being set after NA. Skeletor and the Mutants have parted company and the Mutants are now seperate from Skeletor and his evil warriors as the Snake men and Horde are. He-man is a member of the Heroic Warriors and Galactic Guardians but these are two seperate groups who sometimes help eachother out if a very serious situation arises.
    Last edited by Rodster6; January 11, 2010 at 05:32pm.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Well as of right now the way my display is (and will be set up) is by faction and in sections.

Shelf 8 - I don't know what to call this shelf really but it's got my custom Shokoti, Greyskull and will have Zodac, Zodak, Goddess, He-Ro)
    You can call them The Ancients! That's what I called my Zodac, Zodak, The Goddess - Tee-la,King Grayskull, He-Ro, The Goddess - Sharella line.

As for Optikk, he's joining the rest of The Evil Warriors as one whole group, but it's still some ways before we get him! There's still time to decide.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

My loose MOTUCs are kinda mixed up and for now my MOC ones are divided in goodies and baddies, and Pre-Ternia. Maybe I'll give NA its own future division, when more NA start to show up.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

My Optikk will join the Evil Warriors for now, but it's only a temporary thing until more mutants show up!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I collect so many different toy lines that I can barely stay organized enough to display them grouped by their respective toy line let alone try to organize them by factions within a given toy line. So when I receive Optikk he will be displayed wherever there is room for him.
    I was gona answer, but it would be pretty similar to Faker II's post here, so I'll just quote this and say: What he said!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I will be able to find out what my shelving situation will be when I move into my new place this weekend! I am hoping for putting up some awesome shelves. And then until there are more NA...Opptik will be placed with all others.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    my thoughts exactly.....

it's all one big toyline now, so they all go together imo, regardless of where they 'belonged' previously. all heroes go in one group, all villans in the other.

The only ones that might not get along too well would be the horde, snakemen & skeletor's group (I refuse to call them 'evil warriors', since the Horde & Snakemen are also evil warriors).

but if they are going to be allowed in my house they all have to play nice and get along with each other.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Until more NA characters show up (Can't wait!),Optkk will likely hang out with the Villains.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

He was one of Skeletor's minions in NA anyway, so i'll just put him next to the Evil Warriors.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

Shelf 1 - Evil Horde
    Shelf 3 - Eternians (non factioned so will have Randor, Marlena, Gwildor et all)
    Shelf 4 - Evil Warriors
    Shelf 5 - Snake Men

My clasification is very similar to yours.
    Your shelf 8 can be Powers of Grayskull (Preternian) and put Zodak on Shelf 3.

Ill display Optikk with Evil Warriors until I get enough Space Mutants to make their own group.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    He'll be with the villains until the majority of NA figures are out and I have enough to do a nice display. Same goes with POP, Horde, etc.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    My clasification is very similar to yours.
    Your shelf 8 can be Powers of Grayskull (Preternian) and put Zodak on Shelf 3.

Ill display Optikk with Evil Warriors until I get enough Space Mutants to make their own group.
    Yeah it was going to be an Ancients/Preternian type thing I'll have to see how that shelf plays out.

As for Optikk well I've already got a custom Critta so she won't be so alone anymore. Now if they'd only produce a Snakeman that way my Snake Teela from 200X won't be so alone.

Shelf 1 - Evil Horde
    Shelf 4 - Evil Warriors
    Shelf 5 - Snake Men

This is similar to what I'd do once I cna get my own set up.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

My villans are all mixed, but lined by ranking, of my own design
    In front is Hordak
    His generals, Skeletor and Scareglow
    The minions Triclops,Merman,and Webstor
    I'm sure he'll join the minions. as a Hordesmen

I,much like Princeadam101, come up with my own storyline. LOL. My extra Teela was a fill in for Goddess until she was released, and now she sits with the bad guys as Teela's clone, Leeta. I know,I'm done.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Right now, I'm dividing my collection into "past" and "present":

- "Past" contains He-Ro, Hordak, the Goddess, Zodac and Scareglow and will be accompanied by Battle Armor He-Man.

Once there's enough figures who will fit, I'm gonna start a third display, "future". That one would contain all NA figures, Zodak and probably some MotU figures that have more of a technology look than others.
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; January 12, 2010 at 04:32am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Skeletor's henchmen is a Skeletor's henchmen. Optikk will look great between Mer Man and Beast Man waiting for Slush Head.

Elder Councilman
    right now, I still barely have any room to display them; on the plus side, I barely have any of them either.

I plan to eventually divide them up into:

Pre-Eternia

Masters

Skeletor & Crew

Keldor's faction/Great Unrest

Evil Horde

Snake Men

Great Rebellion

Future
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Right now, I'm dividing my collection into "past" and "present":

- "Past" contains He-Ro, Hordak, the Goddess, Zodac and will be accompanied by Battle Armor He-Man.

Once there's enough figures who will fit, I'm gonna start a third display, "future". That one would contain all NA figures, Zodak and probably some MotU figures that have more of a technology look than others.

That is the slant I was intending, but it changes every time I take them off the shelf and "play" with them LOL.

The Preternians: King Grayskull, The Goddess Sharella, He-Ro, Zodac, Scareglow (Karak Nul), Hordak, and Wun-Dar (when he arrives)... we need some more evil warriors... I might use yellow Evil-Lyn as Sultress, and make her a Preternian once I get the 200X version (if we get her).

It's hard for me to keep them from being mixed because they all just look so cool together LOL.

As for Optikk, I HOPE that his bio somehow ties him to Snake Mountain AND provides his regular NA background. I think that would be really cool.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.