Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.29!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.29!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out his answers to your Round 29 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Angel-T,
    and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
    Thanks to them for their help!

-------------------

1. Angel-T: With the super fast sellout of the MOTUC He-Man reissue, does this mean the MOTUC customer base is growing or were most of the reissue He-Man figures bought up by existing customers?

We actually can’t comment on who buys the figures, but the sell out of He-Man reissue was great news for the line!

2. Neutro: Some fans have received Scareglow figures that were missing the "Cursed Grayskull reliquary" and/or the key inside. Will Mattel send them these missing accessories?

If anyone received a broken or faulty figure please just contact customer service for a replacement.

3. joseephus: We've been told Club Eternia members will receive a Wun-Dar figure and a poster map as bonuses, but it was also stated they will receive some additional items. What are these other items?

We’re not ready to announce that quite yet but it may include things like special items, posters, coupons and offers only available to subscribers. Nothing is set in stone yet but we are working on some surprises.

4. grenadaspice: In regards to the origin of the Sword of Protection story, did the Sorceress clone the Sword of He when it was still separated in two halves? And if so, did this happen when the royal twins were still infants?

This will be revealed in full in a future bio, but since that figure isn’t slotted to be released for a few years, the short version is yes, the swords were joined for the cloning and then separated again when Adam and Adora were born.

5. Tallstar: Since you have said that females will share the basic Teela body, how would Mattel and the 4H treat characters like Jewelstar (transforming body) and Tallstar (extended body) from the POP line?

Females will be handled just like male figure in the line. Not every male figure uses a 100% shared body and some females will also need some or all unique tooling.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 30!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 29 questions!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Toyguru
    This will be revealed in full in a future bio, but since that figure isn’t slotted to be released for a few years, the short version is yes, the swords were joined for the cloning and then separated again when Adam and Adora were born.
    No Sorceress figure for a few years. I'm bummed. Or could this possibly mean another character that has this info.?

Females will be handled just like male figure in the line. Not every male figure uses a 100% shared body and some females will also need some or all unique tooling.
    Happy to read this part.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

2. Neutro: Some fans have received Scareglow figures that were missing the "Cursed Grayskull reliquary" and/or the key inside. Will Mattel send them these missing accessories?

If anyone received a broken or faulty figure please just contact customer service for a replacement.
    Unfortunately this question has been asked constantly and the answer contradicts what is actually happening in customer service

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    No Sorceress figure for a few years. I'm bummed. Or could this possibly mean another character that has this info.?

Happy to read this part.
    Ditto! as for the Bio with the swords, the answer itself doesnt intrigue me nearly as much as the 'a Few Years' Part!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Unfortunately this question has been asked constantly and the answer contradicts what is actually happening in customer service
    Yes, Obviously TG hasnt called customer service lately! sad the poor guy is let down by the support mechanism that should protect him and us!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 21, 2009 at 08:35am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I wonder if another character besides the Sorceress is responsible for the cloning of the sword? Eldor? An all new character that might pop up as a bonus repaint figure of some sort? I can't imagine the Sorceress not coming along for a few more years... unless we're getting both the classic Sorceress & the 2002 Sorceress!

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    A few more years ?!!! O no ....

On the good side, they plan on a long life for MOTUC! 4 may be 5years ?? That's good isn't it ?
    Last edited by Gerrit127; December 21, 2009 at 09:07am.
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

I would rather have POP and NA figures first, you cannot have a completely dominated female 2010

That would be cool if someone else helped The Sorceress
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Guess who just joined "The Official Who Isn't Coming Soon" List?

So it's The Sorceress who is being held hostage...

To get her, fans need to support the NA, POP and 200X characters, in addition to the regular MOTU characters? Insanity.

4. grenadaspice: In regards to the origin of the Sword of Protection story, did the Sorceress clone the Sword of He when it was still separated in two halves? And if so, did this happen when the royal twins were still infants?

Toyguru, you mean Adam got the real sword while Adora got the cloned sword, right? That last statement almost sounded like He-Man and She-Ra's swords could join together, like He-Man and Skeletor's swords.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 21, 2009 at 09:31am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

To get her, fans need to support the NA, POP and 200X characters, in addition to the regular MOTU characters? Insanity.

Toyguru, you mean Adam got the real sword while Adora got the cloned sword, right? That last statement almost sounded like He-Man and She-Ra's swords could join together, like He-Man and Skeletor's swords.
    What if the Sword of Power and the Sword of Protection are both clones, and the real Sword of He is still being guarded somewhere on Eternia.... perhaps by Zodak? Or like you stated what if by the two swords combining the real deal Sword of He is formed?

I actually think it makes sense to space out the most important characters, rather than giving us all the big hitters within the first 2 years.

It's a good way of keeping peoples interest peaked.

But i've gotta admit that if it is the Sorceress he's talking about, it's going to be a long and frustrating wait for her, and my patience is really going to be pushed to the limit. I want her now!

I believe he meant that when Adam & Adora were born, the sword halves were combined, the sword of protection was cloned from it, and then the halves were separated again. He probably could have phrased it better though.

Toyguru

If this is indeed the Sorceress who is not coming out for "a few years", I will be extremely disapointed. Why is she always left out until the end? In just about every version of MOTU she has been one of the key characters who show up most often in the stories. I want her figure today. A few years is too long to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would rather have POP and NA figures first, you cannot have a completely dominated female 2010

That would be cool if someone else helped The Sorceress
    Oh me too! Don't get me wrong. Thing is, "a few years" means 2 or more. I know they have to spread-out the major characters, but dayum!...if they are talking about the Sorceress, and not some other character with the explanation for the Sword of Protection in their bio, then that's a long-ass time to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by upinout202 View Post
    If this is indeed the Sorceress who is not coming out for "a few years", I will be extremely disapointed. Why is she always left out until the end? In just about every version of MOTU she has been one of the key characters who show up most often in the stories. I want her figure today. A few years is too long to wait.
    This is so the line isn't filled with NA characters and D-listers. The only other major characters that haven't been released or aren't coming are Queen Marlena, Prince Adam, The Sorceress and King Hiss. You release everyone major now, the line will die out from lack of interest toward the lesser characters.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

it doesnt mean the sorceress for sure. she is the most logical but not always. they COULD mean the 200X sorceress or classic sorceress. each one could have a dif bio since they could be from a dif time in her life. or they could be dif people altogether.

toyguru's phrasing could be better but i understood it quote well. the sword was combined to clone it so we esentially have 2 swords. then the cloned sword was stored away and the real sword was split again.

Oh me too! Don't get me wrong. Thing is, "a few years" means 2 or more. I know they have to spread-out the major characters, but dayum!...if they are talking about the Sorceress, and not some other character with the explanation for the Sword of Protection in their bio, then that's a long-ass time to wait.
    again. we are not sure who would have that info. it COULD be someone like ELDOR!!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

This is so the line isn't filled with NA characters and D-listers. The only other major characters that haven't been released or aren't coming are Queen Marlena, Prince Adam, The Sorceress and King Hiss. You release everyone major now, the line will die out from lack of interest toward the lesser characters.
    *dead* @ Mattel possibly spreading out A-listers into my early retirement years. Just playin'.

No but seriously, I think the line would still do pretty good if, say, a whole year was nothing but non-A-list characters. Either way, I think they have enough variants of the major players to hold us over until at least 2020. (200X Evil-Lyn, Keldor, etc.)

Anyhoo...still geeking out over "some females will also need some or all unique tooling"

Hold me.

Last edited by Tallstar; December 21, 2009 at 11:22am.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    It would be a cruel and horrid thing to do, making us wait years for the Sorceress. I agree that she's one of the most important characters in the universe and we, the fans, always get screwed out of a figure for her.

I really hope they mean someone else. PLEASE mean someone else.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    The Sorceress just shot up to the number one spot on the MOTUC Idol threads!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    The Sorceress just shot up to the number one spot on the MOTUC Idol threads!
    She's tied with Spikor. Now that she isn't coming anytime soon, her popularity might drop.

It's still just assumptions and speculation but I wouldn't mind waiting years for her. I think they gave us so many big names in such a short time. We need to spread them out. Plus holding off on the Sorceress means we can get more females (PoP!) that aren't the Sorceress in 2011 and 2012 and hopefully at least one more in 2010.

Yeah, I get that, but gee wiz, thanks for spelling it out for me.

None the less I'm still disapointed at the prospect of such a long wait for my favorite character.

Court Magician

Thanks to TG for responding to this. I obviously don't expect him to respond to individual posts but it seems that DR and Mattel are not in agreement on this one.

I contacted DR and they told me to send it back for a full refund, even though I asked for a replacement. Digital River don't seem to understand that the item was faulty and hence I should not have to pay for return shipping. Maybe TG could provide some general guidance on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by turin View Post
    I contacted DR and they told me to send it back for a full refund, even though I asked for a replacement. Digital River don't seem to understand that the item was faulty and hence I should not have to pay for return shipping. Maybe TG could provide some general guidance on this issue?
    Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the folks over at Digital River are just being lazy. It's probably easier to issue a refund than to package and send out another figure. Who knows though. Maybe 2% of the stock isn't being held back anymore.

I REALLY hope it means another character--in both previous lines she's gotten pushed until the end, even though she's a MAJOR character and I (as I think we all are) am hoping they'll bump her WAY up in the Classics! AS IN 2010!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Toyguru

WHAT ??? NO SORCERESS RELEASED BEFORE "A FEW YEARS" !?

What the... ?

SO, we got The Green Goddess (a Teela repaint, no matter what you want to call it), an obscure character, VERY fast, because she was EASY to produce, cost effective (repaint) and all, but we won't see a character as important and central as THE SORCERESS before "A FEW YEARS" ???

I'm sorry, but THIS makes me feel like Mattel is trying to AVOID AT ALL COSTS the more unique characters !

And given the terrible customer service, the constant lowering of quality control of the figures and other aggravations, I truly have the certainty that pushing down the Sorceress "a few years" down the line means "no Sorceress at all". Because if this keeps going bonkers this way, "in a fews years" there might not be a line anymore ! I'm now almost convinced that my gut-feeling was the right one : they will produce the easy, part-sharing figures, and a bunch of repaints or variants, but I'm afraid that the more unique figs will never see the light of day! I truly hope and pray I'm wrong on that one...

Other than that, good news about the female bodies for POP figures...
    Last edited by Spectror; December 21, 2009 at 05:15pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I really really really hope he doesn't mean the Sorceress!
    I hope that maybe that Bio will come with someone else, maybe a Teela-Na figure or something. Crossing my fingers here.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!