Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.29!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Question :

Statement 1 : the question speaks about ONLY 1 CHARACTER (SINGULAR) : the SORCERESS ! The only other characters mentioned are the royal twins (PLURAL)... There's no mention of any other characters than Sorceress and the royal twins in the question !

Now, here's your answer :

Statement 2 : your answer, Toyguru, is linked to the content of the question. You wrote "THAT FIGURE" (SINGULAR) as an answer to a question that was mentioning THE SORCERESS as the only singular name ! If you were refering to any other character than Sorceress, then my feeling is that you should have clearly mentioned a name.

As far as grammar and logics are concerned, the conclusion is obvious : that the character who would only be released in "a few years" is actually the Sorceress !
    There really isn't a much better way to state that without him "talking down" to us.
    The "that figure" you highlighted in his answer refers to the "future bio", not to the Sorceress.
    It is the grammatically correct way to phrase it. Pronoun: "that", antecedent: "a future bio".

Is there room for confusion? Sure.
    But is he still correct that some of us jumped to conclusions instead of just looking for clarification? Yes.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    This is a GREAT example of fans jumping to conclusions! Where in the world did was say the Sorceress was the character who's bio contained this information? I can tell you it was not.
    I hadn't checked this thread since the answers were originally posted, I am surprised to see the number of people who thought you were talking about the Sorceress. I agree, anyone who assumed he was talking about the Sorceress without actually saying her name jumped the gun!

Heroic Warrior
    The "that figure" you highlighted in his answer refers to the "future bio", not to the Sorceress.
    Really !? I didn't know the noun "figure" was a synonym of "biography"... That must be a novelty.

To me, it was excessively obvious that "that figure" was pointing to the action figure that would come "in a few years"...

The answer was not very clear at all. I hope and pray Mattel will be less cryptic in their answer. It will avoid fans "jumping to conclusions" that were triggered by the confusing style used in Mattel's/Toyguru's answers. We wouldn't "jump to conclusions" if things were clear !

2. Neutro: Some fans have received Scareglow figures that were missing the "Cursed Grayskull reliquary" and/or the key inside. Will Mattel send them these missing accessories?

If anyone received a broken or faulty figure please just contact customer service for a replacement.
    Can I just say...

How about addressing this problem with more than a simple "not our problem" answer next time?

I mean these figures aren't cheap, and from what I've heard/read from others, and from my OWN experience, us loyal fans and customers' experience with "exchanging faulty figures" has NOT been as "simple" as their above "answer."

I mean, honestly, considering all the undue "environmental waste" that would result from exchanging an otherwise perfect figure simply for a missing accessory, just doesn't seem very "environmentally conscious" for such a LARGE corporation like Mattel, and further, seems like it would be even more 'costly' than simply sending out the missing accessories.

Oh, and how would one exchange a product, for one that isn't even being offered for exchange??
    Or should I ask that question in the next Q&A and hope for an actual human answer next time.
    – No comment.

Really !? I didn't know the noun "figure" was a synonym of "biography"... That must be a novelty.

To me, it was excessively obvious that "that figure" was pointing to the action figure that would come "in a few years"...

The answer was not very clear at all. I hope and pray Mattel will be less cryptic in their answer. It will avoid fans "jumping to conclusions" that were triggered by the confusing style used in Mattel's/Toyguru's answers. We wouldn't "jump to conclusions" if things were clear !
    Spectror, sorry if I sound rude, but I think you're the only one reading the answer that way. From the responses on here, people were reading it as the figure that the bio belongs to, not the figure in the question, otherwise TG would have said just that. Most people assumed it was the Sorceress as it would seem logical that her bio would talk about the sword
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I agree with Toymaker on this one, Spectror.
    I think you're reading too much into his reply, especially since he's already come on board and said he wasn't talking about Sorceress.
    Toyguru deals with a lot of Q&As, and we've seen him make some grammar boo-boos before. I wouldn't roast him for it.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I read his reply in a correct, analytic and logical way, and all I'm saying is that before TG accuses the fans of "jumping to conclusions", if he took care of giving clear, non-confusing answers first, there probably wouldn't be any confusion or any jumping to the wrong conclusions !

So there is no "Toyguru-roasting" intended, but just to let him notice that the "jumping to conclusion" resulted from a confusion coming from HIS answer !

On another level, I'm happy to learn that it shouldn't take that long ("a few years") before we get the Sorceress !

all I'm saying is that before TG accuses the fans of "jumping to conclusions", if he took care of giving clear, non-confusing answers first, there probably wouldn't be any confusion or any jumping to the wrong conclusions !
    Fair enough.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Maybe this character who joined the swords is Eldor? ...or Koduk Ungol and they're waiting for the rights to make her.
    OH! I completely forgot...maybe it's Light Hope! Obviously he is greatly involved with She-Ra...and since he's only shown as a rainbow light on a shimmering pool in the series they could make him anyone they wanted...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    OH! I completely forgot...maybe it's Light Hope! Obviously he is greatly involved with She-Ra...and since he's only shown as a rainbow light on a shimmering pool in the series they could make him anyone they wanted...
    I don't know, wasn't Light Hope created for that series? That would make him off limits, even if he were just a shimmering light.

Of course, Mattel could release that character from MVC volume 3 issue 5 with the She-Ra emblem on under a new name, after all, it's not like he's been called the human form of Light Hope officially
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Looks like TG got himself into another vat of hot water with an unclear response on the Sorceress/swords query; I actually read it/interpreted it the way Spectror did the first time through (and I've taught folks reading skills for 20 years now). I see what he meant upon closer examination, but it really was a badly worded answer.

But, that said, as has been pointed out, I believe, here and elsewhere, the reply of "contact customer service" is the worst of the answers, completely out in never-never land. Some folks are being told there are no replacement figure, and TG knows the figures sell out before most people have them in hand to know if they need replacement. I really hope the question of exactly what is going on at DR in reference to exchanging sold out figures is addressed in the next Q&A at the very least (unless it's been addressed and I missed it).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    it doesnt mean the sorceress for sure. she is the most logical but not always. they COULD mean the 200X sorceress or classic sorceress. each one could have a dif bio since they could be from a dif time in her life. or they could be dif people altogether.
    They could be talking about Veena (King Grayskull's wife).... it would make sense to release her as a figure 'in a few years'. I think it'd be a travesty to make us wait for 'a few years' for a major character like the Sorceress. It seems to me that so far alot of the figures made are ones that haven't had an action figure since the 80's (Randor, Scareglow, Webstor, Hordak), So i'm guessing the Sorceress might not be that far away. We're even getting Adora, which i never thought would be possible; and we got He-ro who never had a figure before....

Technically, we've got the Sorceress already.... in the form of the Goddess. The very first Sorceress in the motu mythos...

Maybe they could be talking about a figure of Sharella (the goddess before she became the goddess)... who knows?

I'm thinking the Sorceress (vintage toy style) is up there in the 4hm's to do list, since she hasn't had a figure since the 80's and just about everyone wants her. I'm guessing the 200x version (if & when they make her) will be a different person entirely, like Zodak & Zodac.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I'm thinking Sorceress could be a year or so off - to help with the spread of so called A-list charachters.
    "Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

I have a question:
    Would it be possible when producing two characters in one (Trap Jaw/Kronis) to print a reversible title card? That way, we can buy 2, open one, switch the heads (and whatever other body parts), flip the title card and reseal the bubble to allow both characters to be on display with or carded collection. I'd love to have Trappy and Kronis looking MOC in my collection.