Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.29!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I'm sorry, but THIS makes me feel like Mattel is trying to AVOID AT ALL COSTS the more unique characters !
    If by any chance that is the case, i give you the rest of 2010:

Heroes: Fisto, Meckanek, Adam, Clamp Champ and Man-e-Faces
    Evils: Jistu, Stinkor, Ninjor

If the "insectoid" buck is produced then:
    Buzz-off, clawful, whiplash

Everyone else requires more tooling...
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Heroic Warrior
    I think the 2 halves of the Sword of He was rejoined by another character. We already know that the Sorceress cloned the (combined) Sword of He to make the Sword of Protection. Doesn't make sense to mention this important info on Adora's bio and then for Toy Guru to not say that the Sorceress also combined the swords, unless it's someone else. Maybe this is the part where Light Hope makes his entrance...

Heroic Warrior
    Oh, Judeh, I'm sure we'll have 2 or 3 nice surprises for the 2nd half of 2010...

BUT Mattel themselves said that most figs would use the shared tooling, so I guess this tells us a lot.

I'm really peeved that the Sorceress (who's leading the votes right now in a fav's thread) would'nt be produced before "a few years"...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    What if the Sword of Power and the Sword of Protection are both clones, and the real Sword of He is still being guarded somewhere on Eternia.... perhaps by Zodak? Or like you stated what if by the two swords combining the real deal Sword of He is formed?

Nice. I like that idea.

Let me put a spin on it.

What if the Sword of He is resting safe and sound in castle Greyskull?

One would have to think that the twins's swords are magically cloned.

Why would I say that? Why aren't the twins swords sparkly blue? Why change them to grey?

I don't think it is the Sorceress. Simply because I don't think Mattel will hold out on the Sorceress past 2011 (if that far). I think the character TG is talking about is a lesser-than type character that will still be wanted by hardcore fans, some one like Eldor or Light Hope or maybe even one of the Council of Elders themselves.

I think TG phrased his answer the way he did to help throw us all off and let us all assume things that would generate even more buzz for the fandom.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; December 21, 2009 at 09:45pm.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

2. Neutro: Some fans have received Scareglow figures that were missing the "Cursed Grayskull reliquary" and/or the key inside. Will Mattel send them these missing accessories?

If anyone received a broken or faulty figure please just contact customer service for a replacement.
    I appreciate Mattel taking the time to answer our questions like this. However, it is frustrating when they come back with answers like this. I would like to see Mattel step up and admit to having an issue and how they are addressing it rather than direct the fans to Customer Service who time over time have proven they are incapable of dealing with issues.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkhide View Post
    I don't think it is the Sorceress. Simply because I don't think Mattel will hold out on the Sorceress past 2011 (if that far). I think the character TG is talking about is a lesser-than type character that will still be wanted by hardcore fans, some one like Eldor or Light Hope or maybe even one of the Council of Elders themselves.

I think TG phrased his answer the way he did to help throw us all off and let us all assume things that would generate even more buzz for the fandom.
    What if the character thats a couple years off isn't the Sorceress but a Sorceress namely Queen Veena she would've had the Sword of He.

i hope he's not talking about the Sorceress that would SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    What if the character thats a couple years off isn't the Sorceress but a Sorceress namely Queen Veena she would've had the Sword of He.
    true but Veena was LONG before the twins so why would she need 2 of them...or would that be 4 of them if she had to split both of them
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; December 22, 2009 at 02:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

That sucks about The Sorceress. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel that this line will either tank or my passion for it will in a few years. I never got the Sorceress before since I had dropped the line by the time she came out in the 80's and she always costs over $100.00 when I see her on Ebay.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

No sorceress
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Falcon Sorceress BETTER come out in 2010... December is fine...

200X Sorceress could VERY WELL be the "figure" he means... which, as someone pointed out, could easily be explained by tying that Egyptian-type imagery to Veena, and releasing the Sorceress in her 200X garb as how she appeared during the Great Unrest.

Remember, Toyguru DID say that figures who had 2 DISTINCT looks would see 2 releases. If they plan on releasing Adam in his 200X 16 year-old form AND his vintage 20 year old form, then they HAVE to be planning to release the Sorceress in kind.

I always thought that the Sword of He begat the Swords of Power & Protection... there HAS to be some kind of story/explanation to clear up:

The Sword of He
    The Sword of Power
    The Sword of Protection
    The Spell Stones (Healing, Protection, & Defense)
    Skeletor's full Purple sword
    Wun-Dar's black sword

Perhaps these are all manifestations of the power of the Sword of He...

I mean, the Sword of He WAS sparkly blue power... not gray/silver steel/iron/eternium/corodite or whatever...

GIVE US FALCON SORCERESS, NOW!!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

If the statement from ToyGuru is regarding "the sorceress" and she is indeed the character not being released for a few years, this is bull.

Just like with 200X we might not get a Sorceress in MOTUC if they wait "a few years". The line is doing very well, however holding off key characters for years down the road is just an unsmart move. If secondary characters are coming for the next two years and the Sorceress isn't out until 2012 or beyond, who knows where the line might go with time.

I really hope the character he is referring to is not the Sorceress and hopefully more like someone before the sorceress such as Veena (who I could see taking a couple years because she has a mid-driff outfit and that would require a new tooled female body).

If the line isn't releasing the Sorceress for "a few years", I am going to be extremely ****** off

This could really destory my intense passion for this line, I might end up not fully supporting the line if Sorceress isn't released by the end of 2011.

I am currently ONLY collecting MOTUC and I am getting 2 of every figure released, however this would be a blow to the fans of MOTU if Mattel makes us wait AGAIN for Sorceress....if MOTUC ends before Mattel feels it will, and Sorceress isn't produced that is Mattel's FAULT. Key characters are important to release spread out, but not years away. I don't want to have secondary characters for years before seeing the one mentioned most in the bios of the figures, which is SORCERESS

I believe TG is referring to Queen Veena, and Sorceress will be produced in 2010 or for sure by 2011. Mattel isn't going to kill this line like they did with 200X. Atlease I hope i am right.
    Last edited by CicconeSC; December 22, 2009 at 09:38pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    3. joseephus: We've been told Club Eternia members will receive a Wun-Dar figure and a poster map as bonuses, but it was also stated they will receive some additional items. What are these other items?

We’re not ready to announce that quite yet but it may include things like special items, posters, coupons and offers only available to subscribers. Nothing is set in stone yet but we are working on some surprises.
    I like it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    I believe TG is referring to Queen Veena, and Sorceress will be produced in 2010 or for sure by 2011. Mattel isn't going to kill this line like they did with 200X. Atlease I hope i am right.

I am in the same boat you are... I am going to be ANGRY if we have to wait beyond 2010 for The Sorceress.

As for your point, I think you may have something there.

Veena and The Goddess were in charge of protecting the power of Grayskull (and who knows WHAT else, considering the influence of the Overlords on Trolla).

Adora's bio says that there was a prophecy about the twins -- so the need for 2 swords would have been known for a LONG time.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Toyguru
    This will be revealed in full in a future bio, but since that figure isn’t slotted to be released for a few years, the short version is yes, the swords were joined for the cloning and then separated again when Adam and Adora were born.
    I'm feeling it's coming a biography-book ... $ business! $
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Guys, Maybe they are holding out on the Sorsoress because she is such a "unique" body sculpt. She will probably cost a lot to create. IDK? But I do agree years is too long. I think she would make a great SDCC figure (variant) only to be released again later like He-Ro.

I think if everyone is truly upset about it, if you show your concern to the team, they will do what they can to move her forward. They really do a great job trying to accommodate what we like.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Nice. I like that idea.

Let me put a spin on it.

What if the Sword of He is resting safe and sound in castle Greyskull?

One would have to think that the twins's swords are magically cloned.

Why would I say that? Why aren't the twins swords sparkly blue? Why change them to grey?
    All of this is just reasons why I never cared for the whole "twin swords" part of the original mythos, and why I much preferred the 200X revamp, where it was merely Skeletor's sword that were 2 halves of a whole.

Not to mention, that the original Swords of Power/Protection were (IMO) ugly as all get-out.

Besides, with this whole "cloned swords" thing, how does that really work anyway? What, so when the swords are combined, only one of them (either He-man or She-Ra) can hold the sword at a time, or do they tag-team in holding it?

I'm good on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    If the statement from ToyGuru is regarding "the sorceress" and she is indeed the character not being released for a few years, this is bull.

Just like with 200X we might not get a Sorceress in MOTUC if they wait "a few years". The line is doing very well, however holding off key characters for years down the road is just an unsmart move. If secondary characters are coming for the next two years and the Sorceress isn't out until 2012 or beyond, who knows where the line might go with time.

I really hope the character he is referring to is not the Sorceress and hopefully more like someone before the sorceress such as Veena (who I could see taking a couple years because she has a mid-driff outfit and that would require a new tooled female body).

If the line isn't releasing the Sorceress for "a few years", I am going to be extremely ****** off

This could really destory my intense passion for this line, I might end up not fully supporting the line if Sorceress isn't released by the end of 2011.

I am currently ONLY collecting MOTUC and I am getting 2 of every figure released, however this would be a blow to the fans of MOTU if Mattel makes us wait AGAIN for Sorceress....if MOTUC ends before Mattel feels it will, and Sorceress isn't produced that is Mattel's FAULT. Key characters are important to release spread out, but not years away. I don't want to have secondary characters for years before seeing the one mentioned most in the bios of the figures, which is SORCERESS

On one hand, I feel like spacing out the core or more popular characters is a smart move, for all the reasons said... However on the other hand, as TG has mentioned in previous WTFWTK's, MOTU is a much smaller line, than say, TF's or GI JOE, or even DCU. Thus, it sometimes seems like the more obscure a character is or seems, the more popular they are. Proof in point: people knew next to nothing about Scareglow, and now he's one of the more popular characters in the line.

In the meantime, I think so far, the MOTUC line has been very core-heavy thus far... variants of He-Man and Skeletor, a Hordak fig, Teela, MAA, etc. IMO, they came out of the gate with alot of the heavy hitters.

Personally, I'd rather see see a Spikor or some POP characters, rather than a Sorceress right now. However, I do realize that a character that I might care little for, is gonna be a fan fave for someone else. That's the beauty about a relatively small line, like MOTU.
    Last edited by SAMURAI36; December 25, 2009 at 03:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is a GREAT example of fans jumping to conclusions! Where in the world did was say the Sorceress was the character who's bio contained this information? I can tell you it was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    This is a GREAT example of fans jumping to conclusions! Where in the world did was say the Sorceress was the character who's bio contained this information? I can tell you it was not.
    Thank you for clarifying Toyguru. Many of us (including myself) had the idea that this information could possibly be contained in another character's bio, but I personally was looking at worst case scenario since the response was sort of left open to interpretation. (eg. "this character" in the response could have been referring to the Sorceress in the question or a completely different character)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    So are you confirming Sorceress for 2010 then?

(obviously i'm just kidding, no need to start rumors here)
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Maybe this character who joined the swords is Eldor? ...or Koduk Ungol and they're waiting for the rights to make her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

This is a GREAT example of fans jumping to conclusions!
    You are absolutely right this time. I know that the people who thought it was the Sorceress did so in bona fide, but I was sure it couldn't be her. I think it could be Count Marzo who managed to steal the swords and joined them together.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

The Faceless one cloned the swords of He while he was still on the Council of Elders, at least that`s what I think. The Faceless one was still "a few years away" from release when the statement was posted

THANK YOU!!!!!! I am personally very excited that you confirmed that is was not the Sorceress that you were referring to....which makes me ecstatic!!

I knew Mattel wasn't going to wait on her, like the previous lines. Good news to hear

Heroic Warrior
    Whoa, there ! Wait a minute... BEFORE you tell us the fans that we "jumped to conclusions" and that WE are faulty, let's analyse the question and YOUR answer, OK ?

Question :
    4. grenadaspice: In regards to the origin of the Sword of Protection story, did the Sorceress clone the Sword of He when it was still separated in two halves? And if so, did this happen when the royal twins were still infants?
    Statement 1 : the question speaks about ONLY 1 CHARACTER (SINGULAR) : the SORCERESS ! The only other characters mentioned are the royal twins (PLURAL)... There's no mention of any other characters than Sorceress and the royal twins in the question !

Now, here's your answer :

This will be revealed in full in a future bio, but since that figure isn’t slotted to be released for a few years, the short version is yes, the swords were joined for the cloning and then separated again when Adam and Adora were born.
    Statement 2 : your answer, Toyguru, is linked to the content of the question. You wrote "THAT FIGURE" (SINGULAR) as an answer to a question that was mentioning THE SORCERESS as the only singular name ! If you were refering to any other character than Sorceress, then my feeling is that you should have clearly mentioned a name.

As far as grammar and logics are concerned, the conclusion is obvious : that the character who would only be released in "a few years" is actually the Sorceress !

Now, in the future, IF you don't want fans to "jump to conclusions", PLEASE be clear and make sure your answers are not confusing, and that the way the sentence is built doesn't bring even more confusion !

Thanks a lot ! And thanks for reassuring us about the Sorceress !
    Last edited by Spectror; December 30, 2009 at 10:14am.