Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Crita and Despara delayed

MOTUC Crita and Despara delayed

From the Mattycollector.com Facebook page:

JULY SALE UPDATE: Crita and Despara have joined forces in an attack on shipping deadlines! As a result, these two unlikely allies will be delayed – we’ll let you know when to expect them in your collection as soon as we’re able, and we’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    So of a *****.

This is getting ridiculous.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

So then why did they take our money just this weekend? It's not like the 1 extra business was the deal breaker.

How,did,they not know this on Friday when the sales announcement went out?

I get the delays on a nEw Kickstarter funded project, but from the 2nd biggest toy manufacturer.

I haven't received a new MOTUC figure in months and don't mind. Ready for the end I guess
    Last edited by bigsexy_j; July 12, 2016 at 03:55pm.

Oh well as a Tri-ship customer I have been waiting anyway... what's another month?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Looks like Crita and Despara have been delayed.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Did they only just figure this out today? What's going on over there at DR HQ? I guess the bar has been set...
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

It bugs me that this is such a late minute announcement. It really makes them look disorganized.

And it REALLY bugs me that they don't even seem to know when they will ship.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe something happened at the very last minute. You never know.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Maybe something happened at the very last minute. You never know.
    I don't think this is the case at all. I used to work in logistics for a major entertainment company, bringing in containers of product from China, and this stuff has to be planned out several weeks, more likely months in advance. They will have known of a delay, but probably just forgotten to give the customers a heads up. The only exception I could see is if there were a worker strike or something of that nature.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Heroic Warrior
    Has every CC figure been delayed this year? Sounds like we might need to be prepared for the last sub figures to deliver after Christmas.

yes every CC figure has had some kind of delay. Filmation Skeletor too.

Heroic Warrior
    As long as they ship together, then fine. Only this i' m asking Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderkill View Post
    I don't think this is the case at all. I used to work in logistics for a major entertainment company, bringing in containers of product from China, and this stuff has to be planned out several weeks, more likely months in advance. They will have known of a delay, but probably just forgotten to give the customers a heads up. The only exception I could see is if there were a worker strike or something of that nature.
    It makes me wonder how things work with Matty. I thought that DR handled all of the distribution of the figures, so you would think they would know more than Mattel when an item is in the warehouse ready to ship out. But it would seem like maybe Mattel knows this information and relays it to DR, which would explain why they don't tell us things until last minute, with seemingly no one at Mattel running the Matty ship.

All I do know is that it always seems like a terrible mess, and it's becoming more and more shocking that things ever ran smoothly to begin with!

Ultimately, just get the figures to my door and I'll be satisfied.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Any other respectable company would be offering something to offset this crappy service. Even like a bit off of shipping would be something. Not last minute phoned in apologies. And I'm usually the last person to wave the "compensation" flag after years of BS dealing with that in my previous job.

But really, they are 2/7 this year.

It is not very professional IMHO to charge us on time, yet delay the product / shipment.

They should explicitly charge only when things are 100% ready for dispatch.

It's not the waiting time that's the issue, but lack of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    From the Mattycollector.com Facebook page:

JULY SALE UPDATE: Crita and Despara have joined forces in an attack on shipping deadlines! As a result, these two unlikely allies will be delayed – we’ll let you know when to expect them in your collection as soon as we’re able, and we’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

I can picture Crita and Despara wrecking a warehouse and slashing boxes of figures! Man, I needed this laugh this afternoon. Thanks Val!

Try not to be too hard on them regarding schedules. I mentioned this awhile back on another thread; keeping the figures shipping each month was literally one of the hardest parts of my job (that was pretty much non public). Remember 2011/2012 when we had so many slips? After that I started watching the schedule like a hawk. Making adjustments daily if needed.

Mattel is a HUGE company, and they are set up for bi annual shipments for retail to support spring and fall sets.

Yes we should all expect awesome stuff, but from experiance and our own sanity, try not to be too hard on schedule slips. It is literally one of the hardest parts of running Matty. The smallest thing can throw schedules off but we will all get our figs in time!

Since I only subbed for CC this year I haven't gotten anything on time, so this doesn't shock me. As long as they ship together and aren't routed through NY like Darius was it's cool I guess
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by x56h34 View Post
    It is not very professional IMHO to charge us on time, yet delay the product / shipment.

They should explicitly charge only when things are 100% ready for dispatch.

It's not the waiting time that's the issue, but lack of integrity.
    I don't believe the charge is finalized until the figures actually shipped. They have sent a charge now but if they don't ship within a few days of that charge, I believe it drops off.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Slips may happen. Granted.
    But with every(!) fraggin Classics Figure in 2016 while Club Filmation is on schedule for the 15th? Seems a little odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Try not to be too hard on them regarding schedules. I mentioned this awhile back on another thread; keeping the figures shipping each month was literally one of the hardest parts of my job (that was pretty much non public). Remember 2011/2012 when we had so many slips? After that I started watching the schedule like a hawk. Making adjustments daily if needed.

Mattel is a HUGE company, and they are set up for bi annual shipments for retail to support spring and fall sets.

Yes we should all expect awesome stuff, but from experiance and our own sanity, try not to be too hard on schedule slips. It is literally one of the hardest parts of running Matty. The smallest thing can throw schedules off but we will all get our figs in time!
    Ah well I didn't sub until 2013, so this is the first time I have experienced major issues. I mean I know we had an occasional slip (usually around Christmas time) in 2013-2015, but not like this. So good to know for sure.

Like I said, people who were saying we will not get a 2017 line are wrong... We WILL get one
    because the Nov and December figures will be delayed until 2017, so there ya go....

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

Can you explain how on Friday the sale notice went out, Sunday we were starting to get charged and Monday we started receiving renewal notices? What could change in less then 2 business days to go from on time expect them to sorry it's delayed we have no idea when?

I don't care so long as both are shipped together. If one arrives before the other then they should also wait for the other before shipping them.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!

Oh, come on! You knew it was going to happen!

Absolutely NO surprise here... in fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that there will be even more delays this year! I know, it's a crazy thought, but I'm stickin' with it, lol...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!