Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snake Mountain has been pushed back

Heroic Warrior

Snake Mountain has been pushed back

looking at an interview to Rudy Obrero and his current art work: snake mountain was pushed back .

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Push back until when ?
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    looking at adult collector's link on an interview to Rudy Obrero and his current art work: snake mountain was pushed back .
    It's helpful that when you start a thread like this that you give as much info as possible. Now do you know foe sure if Snake mountain has been officially pushed back or is this just your opinion based on that interview?
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Heroic Warrior
    Must have been a strong force in order to push a mountain back..

I think we already knew that, though, from the latest RGD. They're still trying to determine costs and size.

Yeah, Eric revealed SM is still being worked on in the pre-Toy Fair RGD. Mattel hasn't stated when the release date and preorder will be.

My guess is a preorder this summer/fall for a 2017 release of Snake Mountain. I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at the 2017 holidays. But again, that's my own speculation.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Must have been a strong force in order to push a mountain back..

I See What You Did There Samuel Jackson.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, Eric revealed SM is still being worked on in the pre-Toy Fair RGD. Mattel hasn't stated when the release date and preorder will be.

My guess is a preorder this summer/fall for a 2017 release of Snake Mountain. I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at the 2017 holidays. But again, that's my own speculation.
    My exact prediction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamen_kahlil01 View Post

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Fortunately, it is the biggest playset the line
    should deal with before a very loOong time!
    Curious though, as i remember Matty speaking about
    their experience with Castle Grayskull, confidently stating
    that they had learned a lot on the whole process and that it'd
    be much simpler to manage with by now...
    well, "go telling on the mountain!"
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; March 3, 2016 at 10:12am.

Heroic Warrior
    There was backlash for Castle Grayskull since it was smaller than advertised, so I think they are going to make sure they work everything out before doing a pre-order this time. I'm guessing we will see a prototype at SDCC that is close to final with a pre-order sometime after that. Hopefully the turn around time after pre-order should be quite a bit quicker since they will have the prototype finished at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by xequae View Post
    There was backlash for Castle Grayskull since it was smaller than advertised, so I think they are going to make sure they work everything out before doing a pre-order this time. I'm guessing we will see a prototype at SDCC that is close to final with a pre-order sometime after that. Hopefully the turn around time after pre-order should be quite a bit quicker since they will have the prototype finished at that time.
    I agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Yeah this was always the understanding that if the preorder was in 2016 that it would be delivered sometime in 2017. I mean Mattel has to do it this way or it puts more work on the Mattel emplyees on top of their normal job. I would Rather mattel work out the size, the cost and all accessories first before offering the Preorder so that what they offer is exactly what we get delivered in size and accessory count.

I also think the Snake Mountain Preorder should be a non refundable deposit so that people can't back out at the last minute like they did with Grayskull.
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

I hope they are still working on the inside. The last images I saw were incredibly underwhelming.

Also, The throne room floor of CG is sagging, And it only had Mekaneck standing on it for a few months. I hope they figure out a way to have SM's floors support multiple figures with no sagging. Maybe some stilts that get folded up naturally by the floor below it when the playset is closed, and then fall back into place automatically when the set is opened.

PS I am highly disappointed they went with that horrible looking forced perspective conference table. I'd much rather have a proper table that had to be set on the floor, outside of SM.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, this is an unfortunate series of events...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I also think the Snake Mountain Preorder should be a non refundable deposit so that people can't back out at the last minute like they did with Grayskull.
    Most people didn't "back out;" they were offered the opportunity to cancel because Mattel changed multiple things folks were assured they would get when the pre-orders were up. You make it sound like the fans were the bad guys here, which isn't the case; Mattel was the party who didn't hold up their end, and had no choice but to do the right thing in the end.

And it's exactly because of that I think it's a very good idea to make sure all the ducks are in a row and properly priced out before trying something like that again. I would prefer they take their time and make sure they can deliver what they promise for the price they will be asking before any pre-order goes up.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

How does something, that has no release date even remotely scheduled, get pushed back? Water is Wet everyone. Sound the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Some people backed out of Grayskull because they felt they were lied to about the final specifications of CG changing, particularly the size, after being promised nothing would change. I think that's an entirely acceptable choice.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Most people didn't "back out;" they were offered the opportunity to cancel because Mattel changed multiple things folks were assured they would get when the pre-orders were up. You make it sound like the fans were the bad guys here, which isn't the case; Mattel was the party who didn't hold up their end, and had no choice but to do the right thing in the end.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

And it's exactly because of that I think it's a very good idea to make sure all the ducks are in a row and properly priced out before trying something like that again. I would prefer they take their time and make sure they can deliver what they promise for the price they will be asking before any pre-order goes up.
    There were also people who preordered multiples of Grayskull just to get it to meet it's goal then backed out when it came time to pay up. I know that mattel gave people the option of canceling and I'm not making fans out to be the bad guys , I'm just saying with a Non refundable Preorder deposit of say $75.00 it will prevent people from screwing around during the preorder if they can't get their money back.
    Last edited by mjw41; March 3, 2016 at 01:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The push Back for me would mean not in the current year or so as some have mentioned or knew already.

I love Snake Mountain, but I don't mind the push back. The 4H are busy folks. Let's give them the time they need to make it perfect. We'll still all buy it in 2017

Can someone point me to the shred of evidence that it's been delayed? Does Rudy say it's delayed? How do we know he's even doing the art? I don't remember Eric saying it was delayed, did I miss that or is that insider info?

The title of this thread is pretty definitive.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Can someone point me to the shred of evidence that it's been delayed? Does Rudy say it's delayed? How do we know he's even doing the art? I don't remember Eric saying it was delayed, did I miss that or is that insider info?

It's evident it's delayed. We didn't see it at Toy Fair, but we did see the rest of the 2016 line including Roton which is a 2016 holiday item.

There's no way at this point to show us the playset, then do a preorder, then go to tooling, and produce, ship and deliver it before year's end. And that's cool with me. I'm all for them giving us the best possible product.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Apparently quite recent, just see by yourself!
    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2016...-illustration/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Apparently quite recent, just see by yourself!
    https://battleram.wordpress.com/2016...-illustration/
    Ok, thanks guys. I see it now, I couldn't read that earlier. I do have to ask, why is this info coming to us through Rudy? Where is the communication from Mattel?

BTW, sorry for being contentious, my mistake!
    Last edited by NorthCoast; March 3, 2016 at 03:42pm.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

I know we all want this awesome play set asap but I'd rather it get pushed back than rushed. I'm glad that we are getting it at all and don't mind waiting for a better product.

Heroic Warrior
    My inner child is weeping tears of sadness. But my wallet is weeping tears of joy