Thread: Ask Matty is removed from MattyCollector

Ask Matty is removed from MattyCollector

So I headed to the Matty forums to ask some question, like you know maybe when should we expect the line back well Ask Matty has been taken down. You know while Im happy the MOTUC has moved on to Super 7 and the 4 Horsemen will continue designing the line, I hate to be in the dark, especially when I've supported this line since 2008. So for now I shall speculate that we won't be seeing MOTUC for quite some time. Im treating this as a hiatus and a transitional period for MOTUC, my guess next time we see a MOTUC figure will be at Toyfair with the line probably relaunching next summer for Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Robi2184 View Post
    So I headed to the Matty forums to ask some question, like you know maybe when should we expect the line back well Ask Matty has been taken down. You know while Im happy the MOTUC has moved on to Super 7 and the 4 Horsemen will continue designing the line, I hate to be in the dark, especially when I've supported this line since 2008. So for now I shall speculate that we won't be seeing MOTUC for quite some time. Im treating this as a hiatus and a transitional period for MOTUC, my guess next time we see a MOTUC figure will be at Toyfair with the line probably relaunching next summer for Super 7.
    I think that's probably accurate.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Yeah, I've seen that they closed several questions there yesterday.

Regarding seeing new MOTUC stuff - I wouldn't give up hope yet.
    We'll probably see something new at the Super7 panel or booth.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Well they figure they are no longer doing the line so theres no need to keep ask matty especially when the site will be gone after December.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

You know what? I won't just be celebrating a new year coming on December 31st Good riddance to Mattel and DR.

Though I have a feeling seeing out the rest of the 2016 lines won't be plain sailing and wouldn't surprise me if more QC issues arise.

As for Super7 taking over, there are prototypes ready of Filmation characters and production usually take 8-9 months. So at the earliest I'd say April or May would be when the first figure could ship. Of course that depends on how exactly Super7 decide to sell the new line.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

This comes as no surprise, since Mattel has completely ignored their loyal MOTU customers for months. Removing ask Matty was only a formality.

Handing the licensing over to another company is probably the best thing for the fans and it is cool in my book that Mattel opted to do so. If they see He-man as such an insignificant brand, I'm glad it can be with a company who will be proud of it. I wish it could have been the Horsemen in charge, but super 7 seems cool. I hope it's a sign of good things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    You know what? I won't just be celebrating a new year coming on December 31st Good riddance to Mattel and DR.
    Indeed. I'm looking forward to never seeing the name Digital River ever again.
    Last edited by davidlogan; July 22, 2016 at 03:06pm.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Soon Mattycollector will be removed from Mattycollector.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Widget
    Whether or not people have issues with Mattel, DR, or both, you have to admit that they are pretty awesome to partner with Super7 rather than killing the lines all together. Proves they do actually care for the fans.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcjbt1980 View Post
    Whether or not people have issues with Mattel, DR, or both, you have to admit that they are pretty awesome to partner with Super7 rather than killing the lines all together. Proves they do actually care for the fans.
    It's definitely better than getting no more MOTUC figures at all!

Thundercats though...
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    This comes as no surprise, since Mattel has completely ignored their loyal MOTU customers for months. Removing ask Matty was only a formality.

Handing the licensing over to another company is probably the best thing for the fans and it is cool in my book that Mattel opted to do so. If they see He-man as such an insignificant brand, I'm glad it can be with a company who will be proud of it. I wish it could have been the Horsemen in charge, but super 7 seems cool. I hope it's a sign of good things to come.

Indeed. I'm looking forward to never seeing the name Digital River ever again.
    Exactly this! Well said! Ask Matty has been useless for months now, so it's no biggie.
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Wanted in Collector's Choice:

Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Attack Trak, Hoove, Mini-comics Tri-Klops.

We'll probably stop getting WTFWTKs from Mattel too, but probably start getting Super 7 Q & As instead Will be interesting to see the change...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pcjbt1980 View Post
    I agree.........

Ask matty is not gone, it's still there they just locked it so no more questions could be asked but you can still read the posts already there
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Ask matty is not gone, it's still there they just locked it so no more questions could be asked but you can still read the posts already there
    They've had a lot of trouble with a total lack of forum permission control after the relaunch/move, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just locked it because folks were using it to converse and speculate.

Its a crumbling ship ! So a part of it has crumbled, nothing surprise !!
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!