Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I want me some Skelcons" Appreciation Thread

The "I want me some Skelcons" Appreciation Thread

With talks of the Army Builder 2-Pack being revealed at next year's SDCC, I began wondering about the possibilities for several arm builder figures.
    Hordak has the Horde Troopers and King Randor has the Royal Guards. But Skeletor's Hoover Bots are a no-go right now and his 200X skeleton warriors would be rather tough (and expensive) to translate into this line.

But there still are the Skelcons!

Being Skeletors henchmen in the Ladybird books, Mattel definitely has the rights to these. I always digged their design, which IMO could translate well into the MotU Classics line.

Anybody else a Skelcon fan?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Classic & 200X fan
    Eh, but would they sell? I think of myself as a HUGE MOTU fan, it's the best property EVER, yet, I had NO idea who these Skelcons where before finding these boards. It's easy to say, yeah I'd buy those, but I highly doubt those would sell well enough to warrent a release.
    big geek

I'd rather wait until Mattel has purchased all the Filmation rights and they can start releasing the hovering Robot Knights from the cartoon. I still love my custom collapsable Robot Knight made from a cut-down Horde Trooper.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I've mentioned this in another thread.

As is evident in previous post above, Skelcons are pretty alien (no pun intended) to people outside of the UK.

But personally, I'd really like them. They were a great Ladybird creation, and one I wish was incorporated into other media.

I think I'd like to see more core characters and maybe even Filmation done first, though. Although they'd be more unique sculpts than normal bonuses, I think they'd be perfect bonus material.

~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Never heard of or saw a Skelcon before, but hey, they're MOTU, and they're cool looking!

I'd buy one.

I'm still hoping to get at least a couple of brand new (and by that I mean completely made-up for this line) figures.

I still remember when each new series of the vintage line came out, when ALL the characters were new. That sense of discovery is the only thing missing from MOTUC.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I grew up with the Ladybird books and liked the Skelcons. I liked the way their faces look like the Havoc Staff, as if they are slaves to whoever weilds it.

I'd buy a few of them if they were released in the MOTUC line, but then, I do want every character from every version of MOTU to be made.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'd buy them. Hopefully they'd come in a set of two if they didn't have accessories.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    Eh, but would they sell? I think of myself as a HUGE MOTU fan, it's the best property EVER, yet, I had NO idea who these Skelcons where before finding these boards. It's easy to say, yeah I'd buy those, but I highly doubt those would sell well enough to warrent a release.
    To be frank, I don't think that they'd be record sellers, and I wouldn't want them in 2010 already. They are 3rd-stringers, after all.
    I do think however that they could work as some sort of Exclusive or bonus figure around 2012.
    I didn't start this thread to tell Mattel "hey, do these asap". It's rather supposed to make more fans aware of the Skelcons and maybe create increasing demand for them. After all, hardly anybody cared about the Green Goddess years ago, before Baena posted his famed fanart, and now we have her available as figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Mattel definitely has the rights to these.
    You seem pretty sure about this. Has there been confirmation from Matty that they can use the Ladybird material?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

ill take them why the hell not there motu right!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'd buy them

Looks cool! I'll take any sort of skeleton warrior thing that they come up with, honestly. Though, I'd hope they would take some creative liberties and make them a bit more interesting than blue guys in furry clothes. The heads are awesome, but there needs to be something else going on with the bodies!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    After all, hardly anybody cared about the Green Goddess years ago, before Baena posted his famed fanart, and now we have her available as figure.
    And she`s still available on Matty, not selling out yet.
    Seriously, I love the Goddess and own one, I`d love those Skelcons (and I didn`t know them until 5 minutes ago) and I`d buy 3 or 4 of them.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Put me down for four of those guys.

I just shelled out 10 thousand dollars for plumbing issues, or I'd have ordered a Goddess by now. No Christmas for anyone this year, unfortunately.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Good candidate for a bonus figure. Tooling would be minimum one piece (furry vest) the head could use Skeletor's havoc staff with some reworking of he neck peg. The arms & legs could be reused from the "first appearance" He-Man Toyguru mentioned is coming. The feet could be reused from a future release of Keldor...Throw in some repainted weapons and you have a great figure that would cost Mattel almost nothing to produce. Somebody should do a mock up of what it would look like as a figure.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

i might buy them but i would rather have the robots skeletor had in the series. i'd buy a TON of those
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I could be wrong but I didn't think Mattel had the rights to these.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I'd buy a two-pack!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'd rather those black guards and air centurians Skeletor had in the Masters Movie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would buy them, but I am completely hooked on this line

You could put a turd in MOTUC packaging and I would almost buy it *

*Some may argue that has already happened with some of the bad QC on previous releases

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    I'd rather those black guards and air centurians Skeletor had in the Masters Movie.
    Eh, those always looked to me as if they were lent from Palpatine's Imperial troops. The Skelcons at least look like real MotU characters.

I'd really like these guys, I loved the Ladybird books as a kid I was always disappointed these guys weren't in other media.

Last edited by 13977; June 22, 2012 at 10:22am. Reason: spelling error
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I just realized that in that pic, Stratos has the badly posisioned wings that we see on the actual MOTUC Stratos figure. If TG had been on the ball, rather than giving us lame excuses for why Stratos' wings are positioned terribly, he could have just responded, "Stratos' wings are based on the Ladybird books".

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I say no for this one. give us myp 200x comic skeletons & snakemen.