Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I want me some Skelcons" Appreciation Thread

What's with all the "army builder" request threads lately? lol. We have the one for Mer-man, Lodar, and now Skelly? Sheesh! Maybe we should make one "catch all" thread for different types of army builders...?
    Last edited by Rainboy; August 4, 2010 at 10:48pm.

Lately? This thread exists since last December!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Another user created a similar thread yesterday (should still be on first page) in addition to this one being bumped in regards to Skeletor's henchmen/troops for army builders. No worries, just pointing out that it seems like an abundance with the recent additions listed.

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    Growing up in the UK I had all the Ladybird books and loved the Skelecons. I was always dissapointed you couldn't buy toys of them. I would love these guys to get made so sign me up for 2!
    Neutral Forest Spirit

They look really cool, very scary. I say brrrring 'em on.

The Skelcons look cool, but I'd rather have Skeleton Warriors first.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Mara, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Blast-Attak, Hunga the Harpy, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Dragstor, Imp, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn

Seems to be a great add-on for the line to have Ladybird creations' characters. Especially adding Skeletor his army... I guess I would love to have a few of them.
    http://decorvo.mybrute.com

Nothing represents more the unexplainable vacuousness of the human race, than the unfounded and arrogant blind faith in the ruthless and narcissistic transcendence of itself.

Wish list; http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=166721

Those. Are. Awesome!!

I like that they fit with Skeletor's look and I think the Horsemen could do a bang-up job.

I'd be satisfied with just one though, since there's not a lot going on. It could practically be a bonus figure.

A 2-pack with a different Skeleton, like the MVC style I'd be into.

I believe these are now available for Mattel to make!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

The British ladybird books had great ideas - Skelcons, the iron master, wyverns, beast-men. Do them all matty!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I know Scott said something to the effect that everything was now available except for the 1987 movie rights, but are the Ladybird Book rights definitely a go? If so, I'll definitely take some Skelcons. And those little aquatic henchmen that Mer-Man had.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Skelacons as Army builder 2 pack in MOTUC

I think Skelator has 3 viable options for an army builder 2pack in MOTUC.
    1. Robot Knights- Filmation
    2. Skelacons- Golden Books
    3. Bone Warriors- 200x

Now I always imagined That Skelacons as people from the Dark Hemisphere that seek to be employed by Skelator. If they don't possess and special powers, yet something about them keeps Skelator from throwing them into his mines as Slave Labor. He promises them great power and a chance to serve him as a one of his Lieutenants (a promise he will never keep), and in return they must willful serve him as his faithful servants for a period of time. Once they concede, Skelator places the bone mask over their heads which slowly takes over their host, giving Skelator full control over them as mindless zombies, serving only him. He uses them throughout snake mtn, to fulfill the everyday tasks of running such a large fortress. I think the enchantment of the Bone masks, should turn the skin color from flesh tone to blue, in likeness of their master. Any other info on exactly who the Skelacons are, backstory, etc. I dont know much about them so I don't want to step over any facts that exist in media already established, I figure there just isn't much media about it so Im kinda creating a backstory to support them. Any other ideas on these guys! As accessories I like those daggers that they have. Any other images of them with weapons that could be added to their arsenal.
    Last edited by facet; February 27, 2012 at 03:36pm. Reason: added pics

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would buy a bunch of these! Skeletor NEEDS more MINIONS! Bring them on!
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

as much as I liked the Skeleton Monster Warriors from 200x, and I really had no rememberance of these guys, ever since they have been re-introduced to my mind by the fellow .Orgers, I've come to love them.

Yes certainly, this is the "Skeletor Faction" 2 Pack that I'd support.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    No, not interested. Not that they wouldn't look cool.
    Skeletor already has his many warrior & those skeletons. I'd rather have the skeletons from 200x.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Yeah I'd really like these guys, my most wanted out of Skeletor's troops, always wanted these when I was a kid. I'd prefer a single card release though, with two heads that have the different horns as shown in your picture above. Love the sword with the bone hilt in the pic as well.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I want them since I was six!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Fo' shizzle!

I've wanted these as action figures since I was a wee nipper. Those, along with Mer-Man's weird squiddy-looking dudes.

And while we're on the subject of the UK Ladybird books, I'd love to see the Iron Giant be released as an oversized figure.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    In terms of their inclusion in the bios and MOTUC canon, they could simply be retconned as these guys...Demo-Man's slaves, who Skeletor eventually got to work for him (notice we can't actually see their faces, so it's open to interpretation)

Just give us an extra head with their horns sawn off, and viola ... 2 birds with one stone! Then anyone who wanted could use them to build up Demo-Mans army to fight Vikor!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; February 28, 2012 at 07:55pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...nd_stratos.jpg
    I think Skelator has 3 viable options for an army builder 2pack in MOTUC.
    1. Robot Knights- Filmation
    2. Skelacons- Golden Books
    3. Bone Warriors- 200x

Now I always imagined That Skelacons as people from the Dark Hemisphere that seek to be employed by Skelator. If they don't possess and special powers, yet something about them keeps Skelator from throwing them into his mines as Slave Labor. He promises them great power and a chance to serve him as a one of his Lieutenants (a promise he will never keep), and in return they must willful serve him as his faithful servants for a period of time. Once they concede, Skelator places the bone mask over their heads which slowly takes over their host, giving Skelator full control over them as mindless zombies, serving only him. He uses them throughout snake mtn, to fulfill the everyday tasks of running such a large fortress. I think the enchantment of the Bone masks, should turn the skin color from flesh tone to blue, in likeness of their master. Any other info on exactly who the Skelacons are, backstory, etc. I dont know much about them so I don't want to step over any facts that exist in media already established, I figure there just isn't much media about it so Im kinda creating a backstory to support them. Any other ideas on these guys! As accessories I like those daggers that they have. Any other images of them with weapons that could be added to their arsenal.
    http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...y_skeletor.jpg
    I was on the fence about these Skelacons – my first choice for a 'Skeletor' army builder 2-pack would be the '200x MVC Skeleton Warriors' – but after reading your backstory for them, I think I'd definitely buy them! (...as well as the Robot knights! )
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    In terms of their inclusion in the bios and MOTUC canon, they could simply be retconned as these guys...Demo-Man's slaves, who Skeletor eventually got to work for him (notice we can't actually see their faces, so it's open to interpretation)

http://he-man.org/assets/images/coll...y/111_full.jpg

Just give us an extra head with their horns sawn off, and viola ... 2 birds with one stone! Then anyone who wanted could use them to build up Demo-Mans army to fight Vikor!
    I think they explained this in the bios already after Keldor was merged with Demo man, and Skelator had delusions that he was going to lead "his people" But he would have actually led Hordak from Despondos, but the ruse didn't work. Im preatty sure it was Demo mans bio, but I need to double check.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I think they explained this in the bios already after Keldor was merged with Demo man, and Skelator had delusions that he was going to lead "his people" But he would have actually led Hordak from Despondos, but the ruse didn't work. Im preatty sure it was Demo mans bio, but I need to double check.
    Ahh, right! I read that bio as "Hordak was planning on sneaking through the portal, whilst Demo-Man-possesed-Insane-Keldor/Skeletor was bringing his people through", not that "Skeletor thought the Horde were his people"....but I guess we gotta KEEP READING THE BIOS! (lol)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Skelcons are awesome!
    Last edited by Arvulis; November 1, 2012 at 08:33am.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I'm sorry for the hover robot fans but I prefer the Skelcons!!!
    Last edited by JoeyCruel; August 4, 2013 at 11:50am.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 6, polls 23 vote for
    Snake Goddess!!!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I want Skelcons !!!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!