Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Goddess a "Pass" Or "Must Have?"

Why is the Goddess a "Pass" Or "Must Have?"

Is she a "Pass" OR a "Must Have"? Why? Explain. I'm still on the fence with her.

Can someone post a pic of her along with the original characters (Stratos, He-Man, MAA, Teela, and Zodac? If the evil warriors were included to, that'd be even better!)
    Last edited by RockinHard; December 23, 2009 at 02:30pm.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

she is a good part of the "mythos". even if she was not she is still a GREAT looking figure.

mine just arrived today and yeah she may be a repaint of teela but she is an AWESOME repaint of her...or should i say lack of paint since she is translucent and i LOVE clear figures.

the reviews and pics dont do her complete justice til you have her in hand becuase pictures can only capture that translucence only so well.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I was on the fence about getting her too. I ended up getting her so my collection was complete and not missing any figures.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

I usually buy two of each figure. Only got one of her and she's staying MOC.
    Last edited by Oceanwalker; December 22, 2009 at 09:33pm.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    For me it's about the characters of MOTU that really shape and create what Masters of the Universe is for me. I like some characters more then others BUT at the end of the day, each has a place.

The Goddess made one green appearance in the mini comics but was so full of mystery and peaked such interest that all these years later we are still talking about her. Finally a figure has been released and a bit more of her character has been worked into the mythos via the bio and I couldn't be more thrilled or imagine not including her in my collection.

As I sit here and look at my collection on the wall she stands out and looks very much her own character the same way Faker looks superb and very much his own character. The green translucent skin is gives this figure almost a glow and holding her spear and wearing her armor it's a figure I'm drawn to take a closer look at.

My 2 cents

For me it depends on how You really feel about her.
    On my case, firstly I wasn't to much exited about her. To me she wasn't much more than a direct repaint of Teela, with a green-translucent Skin, and I was really think on passing her.
    After some research, I saw the first mini-comic, and I did recognized Her. I was just a Kid back in the 80's, and I didn't payed the attention that I Should to the comics, all I wanted was to paly with the figures. After the GG Bio was revealed I changed my mind about getting her, because the background story makes sense and It fits the story so far. I must confess that She is far from being one of my favorites, but I just had to buy her.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I agree. Great figure that I think should not be missed. Plus in my case I do not display Teela with the snake armor. I feel that the armor is iconic though andf very "classic". The Goddess allows me to display a character with snake armor and have Teela as well. Its like the best of both worlds!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

It's easy: If you like her, buy her. If not, just let 'er go.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    I agree. Great figure that I think should not be missed. Plus in my case I do not display Teela with the snake armor. I feel that the armor is iconic though andf very "classic". The Goddess allows me to display a character with snake armor and have Teela as well. Its like the best of both worlds!
    That's exactly what I Intend to do when she arrives. Until now I have Teela displayed with the snake armor, but I will change it as soon as she gets here. For me it doesn't make much sense having different Characters displayed with the exact same outfit. But until then I have a whole month of waiting...

Heroic Warrior
    I was going to get her until they revealed Evil-Lyn.

I like the colours and can almost accept her as a worthwhile addition... but I don't want this doll 3 times with a different head. Yeah sure Teela and Evil-Lyn are essential to what I think MOTU is and should be... but a colouring variation to one mini comic??

I guess the stand I am taking is for personal reasons...
    I don't like the minor refreshes in the re-releases except for He-Man and King Grayskull (because these were faulty).
    I don't like lazy repaints except for Faker and the other He-Man/ Skeletor variants.
    I don't like 'new' characters with the exception of King Grayskull (who is pretty much just a He-Man variant... so it's all good).

I love mine. I was on the fence but ended up getting her due to the completist in me. Now I'm very glad that I did. She may just be a repaint of the Teela figure, but once I got her out of the package, she's fast become one of my favorites in the line, even with the bobblehead.
    He-Ro and Scareglow's capes look like the most powerful Fruit Roll-Ups in the universe!

When Earworms Attack!

For me The Goddess goes back to a time of the original 4 mini comics when MOTU for me was a time of mystery and where my immagination went wild. Before the Filmation cartoon ruined it with prince adam, cringer, orko and an annoying Teela and royal familly.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Must have.

She's a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    I was going to get her until they revealed Evil-Lyn.

I like the colours and can almost accept her as a worthwhile addition... but I don't want this doll 3 times with a different head.
    Just like Skeletor, Mer-Man, Webstor and Scareglow? The whole line is composed of the same bodies getting repainted with the only differences being heads, armor and weapons--which are the only things that separate Teela, Evil-Lyn and the Goddess.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 22, 2009 at 10:06pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Classic & 200X fan
    She's pre-filmation, so I say must. Sadly, not sure many agree.
    big geek

Must Have: Here's why

1. I love the original Mini-Comics, and she is a very obscure (but important) part of them. She only appeared green once, but I still love the idea.

2. I am a sucker for obscure stuff, like the Star Wars figures based on the concept art.

3. I am also a sucker for translucent figures, though, I was gona get her before I knew she was gona be translucent. The translucence was just icing on the cake!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Green = a good color! Teela = a good, must own action figure!

Green Teela = a good colored, must own action figure!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I wonder how opinions would have shifted if she would have been released as the SORCERESS instead of the Goddess Sharella. The name alone might have evoked more nostalgic feelings like: "hey, it's the sorceress as she first appeared before donning the falcon costume".

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that some people are having trouble reconciling the two identities. Some may not know what to make of her, is she a new character? or is she the sorceress that appeared in that one book? Some people are shouting that she's a new character, some are extatic that it's the one from the mini comic, the rest are still on the fence regarding her until they find a place for the character herself, meanwhile the toy (whoever she is) sits on mattels shelf.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Heroic Warrior
    I like her toy fumes. Anyone notice she's extra minty? MINTY FRESH!!

Seriously, all the MOTUC figures pretty amazing and echoing what others have said she is a new figure that probably won't get a rerelease for a long time, if ever.

Why should you get her:
    -It's a "brand new" Character. (It had no toy in the past... kinda like He-Ro, but better looking.)
    -It's a key element in the MOTUC Mythos. (C'mon this lady was assisting the Sorceresses of Grayskull in selecting fine he-men to protect the halves of the power sword until the True He-man appeared.)
    -It's more Classic than some of the "more popular" characters... (Hordak's a n00b next to The Goddess.)
    -Translucent skin is just THAT awesome!!
    -If "the Goddess" is not your cup of tea, then it's Teela manifesting some of her "Future Sorceress" Powers unknowingly.
    -The Spear and the Extra He-Accessories.
    -Being a Bonus figure she might join the Zoda_ in the "We might not get a reissue" bin. If you miss out on her now she might be gone for good.

Why shouldn't you get her:
    -It's an overhyped Teela repaint. (Seriously she was green in one issue. The rest it was Teela with Snake Armor. By this logic if DC had batman in one of his old comics running around in flesh colored tights, then we need a Flesh colored tights Bats on DCUC...)
    -Teela, The goddes and Evil Lyn are pratically the SAME FIGURE... (No Armor change here... one head and that's it. At least Faker got a new set of armor.)

I didn't get her. Even though she is an awesome character and the figure is BEAUTIFUL... I wasn't THAT attached to her green version. (Had my Reissue He-Man not arrived today I would've bought her for the He-stuff to use on BA He-Man with the 200X sword cause BA has no sword. Besides If I needed a Goddess I'd use the Snake Armor on Teela and call it a day. Since the goddess was not green most of the time.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The Goddess is a Must Have for me since she's a character reaching the plastic stage for the very first time.

This is exactly what I wanted out of MOTUC, I want it to give us characters in plastic form for the very first time and have it challenge what people perceive to be MOTU. I don't simply want to see 8 or 12-backs and call it a day because that would be boring as heck for my personal taste.

It doesn't bother me that she's a repainted Teela with different accessories, at least she's not a straight up repaint like a certain trio of transforming airplanes.

Though I currently have no personal attachment for this character since I was never a fan of the pre-Filmation stuff, I'm very happy to be adding this figure to my collection.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    For me she is a must have. Due largely in part to her basically starting the legacy of the He-Man or He-Men if you prefer. She is a Goddess of Eternia which to my knowledge is the first deity MOTU has had. The fact that she has been mysterious and elusive over the years, also lends to her being a figure that should be collected. At least in my opinion that is.

For me she is a must have because she's probably the only "Sorceress" we'll see before 2014.

I didn't get her for a reason that has nothing at all to do with MOTU or it's mythos. I simply couldn't afford it. After Winston, Proto Batman, Randor, 2 Skeletors, and random Christmas presents, I nearly broke the bank this month. I wouldn't mind having her, but I just couldn't swing it this time around.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    She's the first Sorceress ever. She made THE first He-Man. She's translucent...green...COME ON!

She also re-split the Sword of He (as it's now known as...)

Very cool character. She also comes with a new spear! Extra He-Man armour to guard or to bestow upon a "He-Man." Wun-Dar perhaps? Zodac decides he's no longer neutral? lol
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

To me she is a MUST have since it wouldn't be a complete set without her. Just my 2 cents.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!