Thread: Does anyone know how to fix Goddess's wobbly head?

Does anyone know how to fix Goddess's wobbly head?

I want to fix her wobbly head but do not want to try popping her head off. Does anyone have an idea how to fix her? Thanks in advance.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

I second this. I pulled off her head and confirmed the problem is space between the neck peg and her actual neck; the head has nothing to do with the bobble effect (at least on mine). I think putting something into the neck hole should stabilize the neck peg, but not being a customizer I couldn't think of anything good. Any help would be appreciated

Got my Goddess today, within about 5 minutes of opening it, her neck broke off. Not the peg with the ball joint, but the actual plastic neck cracked and broke into three pieces, the front/torso of the body, then the back of the neck broke into two pieces, both near exact quarters of the neck; it looks like the plastic seams split.

Before it broke, it looked like it would've been an easy fix. The neck peg ends in a loop around a plastic bar in the torso. I was going to use some clear nail polish to tighten the gap between the ring at the end of the neck peg and the bar that keeps the neck peg inside the body but doesn't fit quite tightly enough, causing the bobblehead effect. Instead I ended up using Kneadatite to fill in for the back of the neck and to secure the peg into it's location. Hopefully once it sets, everything will be fine.

A quick fix for anyone that's easy and non-permanent would be to get some sticky tack adhesive and stick that in the neck socket to secure the neck peg into position.

Not real happy right now, but what's one to do?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

My fix is to send the faulty poorly made piece of junk back for a refund!
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

I used clear nail polish for both teela and goddess. Easily fixed that issue. I do not like how thin the neck pegs are though.

I actually just finished fixing her. I used the same method I used for Teela, which was recommended to me on this forum. I took one of the rubber bands from the packaging, tied it in a knot around the peg, and pushed it in till I can't see it. Cut off the tips so they aren't sticking out, and voila. You hardly lose any movement (you can still move the head around fine, it's just the lower part of the joint that can't lean forward anymore).

I had the extra problem that the actual neck part of the body is separated at the top. I was worried that it wouldn't allow the fix to work, but it works fine. I REALLY hope Mattel fixes this problem with Adora, Evil-Lyn, and any other MOTUC lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Got my Goddess today, within about 5 minutes of opening it, her neck broke off. The neck peg ends in a loop around a plastic bar in the torso. I was going to use some clear nail polish to tighten the gap between the ring at the end of the neck peg and the bar that keeps the neck peg inside the body but doesn't fit quite tightly enough, causing the bobblehead effect.
    Well, that explains why Goddess & Teela have such limited neck articulation. A double balljoint neck like the male figures have would have been much better, and would allow them to tilt their heads upwards.

That probably would've avoided the bobblehead effect and been less prone to breaking too.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; December 23, 2009 at 07:30pm.

My Teela didn't have this problem at all, but my Goddess was a total bobblehead.

I tried the rubber band trick, and couldn't get her head back on.

So, I took off the rubber band and went to put her head back on and broke the neck. Not as bad as Pravus Prime's sounds, but still broken. It's in the back and will be covered by her cobra armor, but it still sucks. Oddly enough, her head is more stable now ...

I wonder if this translucent plastic is weaker somehow?

I know one thing: I'm never taking Teela's head off again.

I haven't received my goddess yet but i've always equated translucent plastic with weakness.I may be wrong.But to my mind if theres enough of a gap between the atoms to allow light to pass through, then surely that can't be as strong of a bond as a comparative materal that is naturally completely opaque.
    If the bobble head issue is as bad as people are making it out to be, then why not dtop some superglue down the peg and just weld it in. Ok you're losing the articulation in the neck, but surely thats a small price to pay to avoid neck snappage. At least you're keeping the ball joint at the head.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    The "rubber band" solution works perfectly on mine. My Goddess' head is no longer bobbly!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I'm throwing another vote for the rubber band technique! I took the one off of reissue Skelly's neck and wrapped it around Green Goddess's neck post and she ain't rubber neckin' no longer! Well, ya know...save for the fact that there actually is rubber on her neck now.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm throwing another vote for the rubber band technique! I took the one off of reissue Skelly's neck and wrapped it around Green Goddess's neck post and she ain't rubber neckin' no longer! Well, ya know...save for the fact that there actually is rubber on her neck now.
    Same here...used the rubber band off Skeletor...worked like a charm.

Just got mine in and sure enough she was a bobble head. I took some brush on Krazy Glue and stuck it down inside the hole and moved it around so it would not be glued in one place. After a few minutes of that it seems to have worked. I also had to paint the front loin cloth of my Randor and use the Krazy Glue trick again on Skeletor's loose left hand. Not to mention Randor and Skeletor both have looses ankles.

Widget
    My daughter wears braces and has these tiny little rubber bands she has to wear. Sounds funny but they fit perfectly around the peg and slide into the space between the peg and neck giving you still total neck movement. I had to twist the rubber band around just once.

Heroic Warrior
    loose necks, loose ankles, sheesh this toy line is falling apart on us. i could try the rubber band thing, but krazy gluing a figure, i just can't bring myself to do, ugh.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I went to fix her neck joint, and then the plastic neck itself started to crack, so I stopped. What the hell is going on? How come the neck is so cheaply made that it cracks at the first sign of pressure?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Insert a small ball of this between the head and the neck. It is a very useful item for a lot of uses at home and for the hobbies. I love it and use for a lot of purposes.

ciao