Thread: Buzz-Off & Sweet Bee

Buzz-Off & Sweet Bee

I was wondering would anyone be interested in this as a 2 pack? I always used these characters together as a kid and I think that Mattel could create a bio to have them connected. Sweet Bee's design would have to be revamped of course just to be a little more insect like. What do you guys think?

A two-pack would probably upset more people than its worth. I would LOVE it as I, too, used them together as a child (it just made sense to me...like Mermista battling Mer-Man). I think the bio should definitely link the two. I know Sweet Bee came from another planet in the old show or something? So it could easily be made to have her from the same Andreenoid world as Buzz Off.

Personally I don't see them being anything alike. Buzz Off was always designed to look like a bee character (monster arms and legs, claws for hands) whereas Sweet Bee was a pretty human girl with antennae in a short dress with wings attached.

Let's see them both made MOTUC ASAP but separate packages and unrelated bios as my preference. Just my 2c.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Personally I don't see them being anything alike. Buzz Off was always designed to look like a bee character (monster arms and legs, claws for hands) whereas Sweet Bee was a pretty human girl with antennae in a short dress with wings attached. .
    You would be correct.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I see no real reason to consider packaging these two together. I'd happily buy them individually though. I'd rather see more fitting duos be packaged together first, like vs packs (He-man vs Skeletor, etc).

Yes, I see the merit in the idea, but I would prefer that a connection not be forced on them in the bios. I would certainly like to see these two make it into the line sooner rather than later, though. I am anxious to see Buzz-Off especially.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    They may-"bee" of bee-like origins but definitely 2 different species. Sorry, can't resist!

I agree with SwanMarsh here.
    Last edited by GrtEternal; December 29, 2009 at 07:57pm.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

If they ever combine the POP and MOTU continuities, I think it would be cool if Sweet Bee was a human orphan foundling who was found and raised by the Andreenids. Buzz Off can be like her adoptive big brother or something.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I was wondering would anyone be interested in this as a 2 pack? I always used these characters together as a kid and I think that Mattel could create a bio to have them connected. Sweet Bee's design would have to be revamped of course just to be a little more insect like. What do you guys think?
    I'm gonna say no. And furthermore, why would SHE have to change to be more like HIM?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I'm gonna say no. And furthermore, why would SHE have to change to be more like HIM?
    Not agreeing with, just playing Devil's Advocate here...
    But because Buzz-Off is a more "important character" in the overall?
    I really don't know.

But personally, I'd say keep them separate and have them each take up a monthly slot in 2011. Just my thoughts.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    I for one, agree with you totally. I never thought it made any sense to make some of these similar characters into different "species" between the MOTU and POP lines. But then, that's another reason I never cared for the 2 different planets in the line. To me, all these adventures should take place on the same planet (Eternia), and some of those races are merged into the same species.

So yes, I would definitely buy a Buzz-Off/Sweet Bee 2-pack!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    While a two-pack with these two characters would be cool, I wouldn't enjoy it if they made Sweet Bee an Andreenoid. If Mattel can keep her origin, do so.

She was a scout looking for a new planet for her hive as their planet was dying or had died. Kind of like a peaceful borg if you will. She-Ra told her about Etheria being enslaved by Hordak and he would enslave her people. Fights ensue, Sweet Bee gets back to the Hive and they continue searching. She's trying to save her people. She's pretty much She-Ra/He-Man if you look at it right. Instead of making her Andreenoid female #12...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I belive since it seems that the "original" idea was that many of these various cool looking non human humanoid races were literally from different planets or planes rather than the same planet (hence masters of the UNIVERSE) I think it would be cool to do that very thing. Would pull together the universe for me. I'd accept it. I think I'd like it. But then I like to make my own sense out of what I'm given, and since there are so many blanks and so many fans seem to "assume the obvious" cause it seems "Obvious" that they were from a different planet, many people dont like that idea. I'd say that as long as there are so many unexplained depths, our imaginations fill the gaps, and it works, hence why it was so popular originally. And why this new one is really so popular.

We never really get/got the FULL story, but just enough to fuel our imaginations. I would add Dont two-pack them...but love the idea they are ...related, same, or decendants.

Buzz-off's race for instance could be the Sweet Bee race throwbacks that landed on and colonized Eternia while Sweet Bee and her ilk continued on, and perhaps she or them all on the hive ship got sucked into Despondos/Etheria and their adventures occured. Absolutely nothing saying this is impossible. Takes some imagination and stretch, but wonderfully engaging no? Plus makes her character far more attractive to Motu purists maybe?

Just gotta work around what is known/published, dont contradict, but add to...Like Wun-Dar and Green Goddess in a very real way.
    Last edited by baronterror; December 31, 2009 at 07:36am.

It would be awesome if they used the same wings (to make Sweet Bee look more like she would have if she had been made in the vintage MOTU line). I'd also like to see her come with Bee-claw (like Buzz-Off) gloves, or changeable hands.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally I don't want any two packs in this line. I want everyone to be released on their own card so the MOC collectors can have a uniform look when they are hung on the wall. Maybe down the line they could do two packs of already released characters, such as a He-Man vs. Skeletor 2 pack, but no new characters should be put in multi-packs.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    If Sweet Bee was changed into an Andreenan then she wouldn't be Sweet Bee. That is solely my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    If Sweet Bee was changed into an Andreenan then she wouldn't be Sweet Bee. That is solely my opinion.
    Even if she and her people were "evolved" forms of that race that coninued on into the story we know, and the buzz off race were the "original older" form, as in my suggestion for a bit of Bio mixing?

True, they were never linked for real, I"m just saying, what prevents it from being acceptible if we assume that we're not saying she literally lives on Eternia with Buzz Off and his people, ect? Cause I'd agree, if we're suggesting they are literally the same race, I'd veto that as well.

But if her people (by virtue of their appearance) are an evolutionary offshoot of the more savage looking (relatively) his people, I see no problem. Nothing taken away, only intrest added to those that care to look at it.

If Buzz-Off was coming in a 2-pack, I would prefer to see him with either Queen Andreenos, Stingrad or Bumblor. Sweet Bee would be way down on my list of people to see him in a 2-pack with.

Having said that, the $40 price for the package will probably make the pack "not a success" by Mattel's standards, so I'd rather see these separately than in a 2-, 3- or 4-pack.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior
    It has already been stated that the 2-packs would be more "army builder" oriented (Horde Troopers and Eternian Palace Guards, for instance). We should learn more about the 2-packs during SDCC 2010.

Assuming right now that Buzz-Off and Sweet Bee would come in a 2 pack is a bit far-fetched, in my opinion.

Plus, both characters are very different, like it was reported above. So personally, I don't think that we'll see both these characters released together.

Sorry kids, but Buzz-off needs to be released alone(single carded) like everyone else on the 15th so he can get the attention he rightfully deserves.I am so excited to see his pincher hands and his retro 80's techno wings return.I am hopefully his bio will give us an explanation to why his wings are techno-organic.

I would also like to see the little legs attached like Webstor but hopefully removable to give me a reason to buy four,yay.I know it's a long shot but I hope that the horsemen include his 200x prototype head that mattel rejected.Of course it would be an extra head since I prefer him to come with his 80's head smile and all.

Man I can not wait for him!!! I so hope to see him at toyfare!!!