Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Subscription Only Figure....Let the Guessing Begin!

2011 Subscription Only Figure....Let the Guessing Begin!

It will likely be another past He-Man, a la Wun-Dar.
    But if it's NOT...

I'd go with Mini-Comic Teela with blonde hair.

Vikor The Barbarian
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I agree.. and I think her bio will reveal her as Sharella in human form, or as The Sorceress (Teela'na) in her pre-Sorceress form.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Classic & 200X fan
    Savage He-Man.
    big geek

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    My vote is also Vikor.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Gotta be another good one like Wun-Dar. He was perfect; not brand new, not amazingly awesome with new accessories, but just cool enough and obscure to draw some folks in, but not be horrible if it was missed. Ya gotta be right in the middle there. So, I'm sure it won't be a brand new figure. Perhaps another obscure character that could be build with existing parts?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Shadow Weaver

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    Savage He-Man.
    Isn't that supposed to be Wun-Dar?

I say it could be Keldor.
    Mattel doesn't own the rights to produce Shadow Weaver yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertytus View Post
    Isn't that supposed to be Wun-Dar?

I say it could be Keldor.
    Mattel doesn't own the rights to produce Shadow Weaver yet.
    He probably means the barbarian He-Man from the mini-comics. My guess would be him or Vikor as the bonus.

Court Magician
    Now that the line seems to be moving at full steam going into 2010 I think they will make the next exclusive someone better. Not a core character but someone to spice things up a little like Keldor with lots of extras like his 200X double blades along with dark half of power sword, havoc staff, acid vile, & half melted head!

I wouldn't mind getting Eldor with book of spells and some sort of magic casting weapon though!

Heroic Warrior
    Will there even be MOTUC figures in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Vikor The Barbarian
    Thats what I'm hoping for.

I vote for Vikor OR Horde Prime or the Overlord of trolla

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have the perfect character. KAMO KHAN

He is also a very popular repaint of a main character and very easy to do (like Wundar). He uses the arms of Buzz-Off and the body of Kobra Khan, with a militar camouflage color schem and Snakemen symbol on chest. Golden hands, boots and belt. Weapon - Mekaneck´s club.

KAMO KHAN
    Snakemen Master of Camouflage

Kamo is the lost brother of Kobra Khan. He have chameleon powers and can use the environment to make him undetectable to others (he can even change his body temperature).
    He was a preternian member of the Snakemen, but was trapped by He-Ro in the Snake Mountain among other Snakemen. He now have returned and claim revenge.

Last edited by Snake Hunter; December 26, 2009 at 03:00pm.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Keldor. Or Vikor. Or.......

I dunno. I have a hangover.......I can barely cope with the idea of 2010 crashing in so 2011 is a little hazy right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

He is also a very popular repaint of a main character and very easy to do (like Wundar). He uses the arms of Buzz-Off and the body of Kobra Khan, with a militar camouflage color schem and Snakemen symbol on chest. Golden hands, boots and belt. Weapon - Mekaneck´s club.

KAMO KHAN
    Snakemen Master of Camouflage

Kamo is the lost brother of Kobra Khan. He have chameleon powers and can use the environment to make him undetectable to others (he can even change his body temperature).
    He was a preternian member of the Snakemen, but was trapped by He-Ro in the Snake Mountain among other Snakemen. He now have returned and claim revenge.
    This is a very cool idea and I would be quite pleased if this were the 2011 Sub Exclusive!

I am also very comfortable with many of the other suggestions.

I would very much like to see the 2011 Figure be someone like Keldor, Eldor, Savage He-Man, Vikor or Demo-Man.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

I bet for Keldor with Cape.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nah, with all the missteps with the 4 month subscription of 2009 and the apprehension of similar missteps in the 2010 subscription Mattel has to really give would-be subscribers something to make their collective mouths drool and sign up for the same headaches in 2011 (because we know it ain't going to be on time delivery and smooth ordering procedures). I'm going to go all the way and say that the subscription only figure will be either Eldor or one of the giants (Tytus/Megator).
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'm going to go all the way and say that the subscription only figure will be either Eldor or one of the giants (Tytus/Megator).
    I love the way you're thinking but I can't see Mattel offering anything as big as the Giants without a massive increase in the Subscription Sign Up Fee. That being said, Bring It On! I'll pay whatever it takes! I'm ready for those Giants!!!!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Although this figure might be better as a bonus figure, I'm gonna say Ram Man in the cardback art paint scheme (orange/red). I'm hoping we get a vintage toy colored (red/green) Ram Man in 2010.

As Benedict Judas Hel already mentioned, it has to be something big to get everyone onboard and to get the 2010 subscribers back.

Tytus and Megator will get everyone on board, or a Castle Grayskull, or a flocked Panthor

If its only going to be a figure then I think it will be one of the following;

Vikor
    Demo-Man
    Eldor
    Captain Miro
    Keldor
    Faceless One (already in the plan for 2011)
    Horde Prime (Supreme)

How about this one, The Most Powerful CS Rep in the Universe!! One that protects all sub orders and makes sure they all go out first and safely!! How about that for a 2011 Sub only figure? Seriuosly it would probobly be a character that is not so important to the bios. Keldor, no way, Vikor maybe. Probobly gonna be Savage He-man, as TG verified this was coming.

I think it will be either:

1.) KELDOR -- Easy retool, throw in 200X Swords, Cape, and New Feet/Boots.
    2.) DEMO-MAN -- Mentioned in the Skeletor Bio, good Tie-In Character.
    3.) VIKOR -- Another "He-Man", good match for Demo-Man as well.
    4.) ELDOR -- Obscure, Unproduced character that wouldn't be hard to do.
    5.) GELDOR -- Mini-Comics Character that is somewhat Obscure and wanted by many fans.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Gotta be another good one like Wun-Dar. He was perfect; not brand new, not amazingly awesome with new accessories, but just cool enough and obscure to draw some folks in, but not be horrible if it was missed. Ya gotta be right in the middle there. So, I'm sure it won't be a brand new figure. Perhaps another obscure character that could be build with existing parts?
    i agree.

however, considering that the sub program is open to EVERYONE they could make the figure even MORE desirable.

i'd say Keldor or Eldor.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post

That is an awesome idea....

BUT now that I think about it, would ANYONE be surprised if it were:

QUEEN MARLENA?

This would suck EVERYONE into the subscription, and more than pay for her tooling (well, that and she wouldn't be FREE... just like Wun-Dar wasn't).

The bonus figure WILL have to be a HUGE figure. EVERYONE wants Marlena. Before you all go yelling at me that this is stupid and will never happen... consider this:

The subscription will prove useless if people can get Wun-Dar on ebay for less than $96 or so (12 months x the roughly $8 of additional shipping each month when a collector orders a bonus figure or re-release, or some other matty product...).

Honestly, if I knew I could get Wun-Dar for $50-$80, I would NOT buy a 2010 Sub (of course I already have, and wouldn't have the choice now anyway, as buying is closed, but you all get my meaning).

I bet it's Marlena.
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 27, 2009 at 01:11am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.