Thread: the Official Golden rod and Snarll the snow thief thread

the Official Golden rod and Snarll the snow thief thread

Again 2 more obscure characters, not much is known about them, and once again crappy pictures to go along with them.

But TG did provide us with some information on these guys to give us a better understanding, at least better then Sttttreach Nek and Vypor.
    in One Q and A i asked this
    Facet
    "Since we won be seeing any art of this character, can you tell us what faction he is a member of."
    Toyguru
    "A Snake Men robot."

and in another this question was asked
    Some of those figures were indeed designed with an action feature in mind. Others; not so much. So for some of them we have an answer:
    Bandwidth - real working AM radio in his chest
    Beast Lord - swivel waist like Beastman
    Despara - slashing double swords
    Fang-Or - elongating fangs push down from mouth with back lever
    Gladiator - swivel waist. Lots of weapons
    Goldenrod – Magnets in chest and back
    Hans Hammer Holder - smashing arm with back lever
    He-Ro II - Swivel waist
    Lady Slither - swappable bottom torso with legs and snake tail
    Red Shadow - color change in water
    Robotwoman - guns snap into shoulders and legs
    Skeleteen - swivel waist
    Snarrll The snow Thief - color change in freezer
    Standar - Light up chest
    Strettch Nek - expanding neck (like Mek)
    Tufos - Swivel waist
    Unnamed One - accessory would have a feature like Orko in vintage line
    Vypor - swivel waist

So through the picture we could see that Snarlll looks like he is wearing a horde arm band and is gray in color , while golden rod looks like a mix between 200x roboto and fearless photog. And According to the Q&A's Snarll appears to be the Hordes polar agent (according to the the ability he would have had in the 80, their Icer), while Golden Rod could be a robot SMAA or Fangor could have built specifically for the 2nd UBG, a walking magent of sorts. Now I know there are others that deserve more attention then these guys, but I see potential here, since the horde is in need of a polar agent to fight Frosta, while the snakemen are in need of more people to fill their ranks. Interested to see what people think of them. Discuss!

Not much is known about them because not much was said about them.

It's a travesty when characters like this are created with very little creativity. If they had to be approved by the creative team...well, they just wouldn't be. I've seen way better fan creations on these boards and have no interest in Golden Rod (*stifles a laugh*) or Snarrrllll the Snow Thief (why steal snow? What good is that to anyone?).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

nope not interested in these at all
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

As long as Aramesh goes unmade as a figure, we'll never ever need this "Goldenrod".

I have to agree; I'm not overly excited by these guys. I wouldn't turn them down, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Naaahhhhh.

Golden rod could especially be very useful, a magnet so powerful it could attract any weapon nearby, making some character defenseless. I know these 2 prob wont see the light of day, but i feel threads like this are a good vehicle to discuss these characters, flesh out what they might be in the future, or give people a an opportunity to learn about someone they never heard of. The encyclopedia is good but some of the information on there is worng, and you cant discuss thing on there, the forums allow you to privilege.

I'm not interested in these characters at all, especially when there are so many established characters left to be made.
    A Want List of Sorts: Saurod, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Snake Mountain, Prahvus, Veena, King Chuboolu, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Lol I wonder what Golden Rod will look like

Snarrl, I wonder if he will look like a kulatak.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    As long as Aramesh goes unmade as a figure, we'll never ever need this "Goldenrod".

Exactly this. I could give a Goldenrod shiny metal a$$ to get these clowns. There are so many characters from the cartoons, comics, books, etc. that we could make and have the line run for years. We don't need these lame made up for the sake of doing so characters.

People we did this before and we ended with the unmighty purple turd, edward cy-chop hands and the rocket pop knight.
    Last edited by mick4metal; Yesterday at 10:10pm.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

There would be more interest if we had character drawings like Axel did for Bandwidth, Fangor, etc.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm not interested in these characters at all, especially when there are so many established characters left to be made.
    Completely agree. Give me Crita, Kittrina, Hunga, Hawke, Lady Slither, Granita, Lord Masque, Lodar, Dree Elle, Montork, Master Sebrian, King Miro, The Twiggets, the four create a character runner ups, and all the rest of vintage New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Crita, Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, and Negator.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by durendal View Post
    as long as aramesh goes unmade as a figure, we'll never ever need this "goldenrod".
    t-e-s-t-i-f-y!
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    So, I'm just spit-balling, on the subject of GoldenRod.

I think: "ANOTHER Snake Men Robot? WHY??" Then it occurs to me:
    In the MoTUC Canon, Snake Man-At-Arms created Blast-Attak (this has been speculated, at least?). But--! Before they HAD Snake Man-At-Arms, the Snake Men had Fang-Or to build their weapons, vehicles, etc. Suppose that, not unlike the friction between General Rattlor and Kobra Khan in the MYP show, there exists an unhealthy rivalry between King Hssss' OLD weaponer Fang-Or, and his shiny new (and let's face it, HIGHLY superior!) NEW guy, Snake Man-At-Arms!

Q: So, why would Fang-Or create a Robot with powerful magnetic capabilities?

A: To prevent Blast-Attak from detonating on the Battlefield! He can't blow apart if he is being held together! LoL

What a slick way of proving a rival's robot is inferior, making one's self look better by comparison? As I said, just speculating on motivations, with the tiny bit of info we've been given. :^)=

I still think that a Snake Men Robot ought to have a Snake-themed name. Blast-Attak's affiliation has been maligned for decades, owing to him NOT being remotely serpent-oriented. Maybe Golden LanceHead instead of GoldenRod? A GoldenRod is a flower, isn't it?
    Last edited by Snake_Man; Today at 06:24am.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A guy who steals snow? I wouldn't want a figure of someone like that!

And a robot who is a master of only one specific plant doesn't seem very enticing. At least Perfuma had mastery over all fragrant flowers.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I have taken to thinking of Snar-r-rl as more of a FILMation villain. People laughed at Batros for stealing EVERY SINGLE BOOK in Eternia. I can only imagine the environmental impact on the planet if ALL THE SNOW were to suddenly disappear. Remember The Sorceress explaining to He-Man about the ecological tragedy at hand when oxygen levels started mysteriously dropping? Snar-r-rl The Snow Thief (even the name sounds FILMation-y!) could be like that. Not a long-standing, formidable threat, but more of a one-shot, important-at-the-time kind of menace.