Thread: Will a castle grayskull base be made similar to the icon heroes CG statue base?

Widget

Will a castle grayskull base be made similar to the icon heroes CG statue base?

I was wondering if anyone has heard mention of Mattel making a base for that enormous CG we got a while ago. I saw that they had a lot of accessories with the icon heroes CG statue that really enhanced the look. I think that they should definitely do so. That would make CG even more phenomenal and also giving us point dread to top it would be unreal. Hope there will be a poll on this soon. I would definitely pre order a CG kit that included point dread! I mean wouldn't most of us here? Just something to think about.

Heroic Warrior
    From what I recall, the Icon Heroes add on kit actually cost more than the Castle itself. Maybe that wouldn't be the case in MoTUC, since the Castle is multiple pieces and opens and such, but still, such a set would be huge, and I doubt Matty would ever sell it for under $250 (especially as, now that I think about it, Point Dread and the Talon Fighter would obviously have to have working interiors to stick our figures in).

Now, also as I recall, Toyguru reported that a significant percentage of people who pre-ordered CG never paid for it. I believe Yodafreakmaster and MOTU_Maniac reported similar instances of people arranging to purchase CGs through them, and then backing out once the time actually came. Add to that there were (and still are) a good number of people here on the forums who said outright they felt the Castle was much too expensive for what it was, and there are also a decent number of people who seem to feel it is just too big, and this add on set would make it much, much larger.

So, no, I don't think this would actually be very successful. I Point Dread/Talon Fighter only set might work (though I'm curious to see how successful the Battle Ram is first), but not all the other stuff. Too big, too expensive, and the interest in the line is dropping off rapidly. For the cost this set would be, I would much rather get a Snake Mountain, but that seems to be pretty much off the table at this point as well.

I don't think so!!

Mattel should rather make a Talon Fighter and Point Dread.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

I would rather love to see The Eternia Playset than this ! BTW, MOTUC CG is not Filmation style anyway !

Again, the larger playsets I would like to see is, 1) The Eternia Playset (Three Towers), 2) Snake Mountain & 3) Filmation Castle Grayskull !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    I don't think so!!

Mattel should rather make a Talon Fighter and Point Dread.
    Thou speakest the truth!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Freefall View Post
    From what I recall, the Icon Heroes add on kit actually cost more than the Castle itself. Maybe that wouldn't be the case in MoTUC, since the Castle is multiple pieces and opens and such, but still, such a set would be huge, and I doubt Matty would ever sell it for under $250 (especially as, now that I think about it, Point Dread and the Talon Fighter would obviously have to have working interiors to stick our figures in).

Now, also as I recall, Toyguru reported that a significant percentage of people who pre-ordered CG never paid for it. I believe Yodafreakmaster and MOTU_Maniac reported similar instances of people arranging to purchase CGs through them, and then backing out once the time actually came. Add to that there were (and still are) a good number of people here on the forums who said outright they felt the Castle was much too expensive for what it was, and there are also a decent number of people who seem to feel it is just too big, and this add on set would make it much, much larger.

So, no, I don't think this would actually be very successful. I Point Dread/Talon Fighter only set might work (though I'm curious to see how successful the Battle Ram is first), but not all the other stuff. Too big, too expensive, and the interest in the line is dropping off rapidly. For the cost this set would be, I would much rather get a Snake Mountain, but that seems to be pretty much off the table at this point as well.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that snake mountain was completely off the table though. That's a little bit of a downer. Maybe a smaller playset like the fright zone or slime pit would be more cost effective

Heroic Warrior
    Would be cool, but would rather see Snake Mountain, Crystal Castle, Slime Pit, or any number of other things used for this sku. Not a priority, but it would be a cool bonus. Would even rather see the cut CG accessories (I.E. furniture pack) before a base.