Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Blast-Attak Discussion

Hybrid View

MOTUC Blast-Attak Discussion

Blast-Attak was one of my favorite characters as a kid. I always liked his Frankenstein/cyborg appearance. I also liked that he was part of the Snakemen, as was stated in the mini-comics.

Some people have said that they think a MOTUC version would require a whole new body mold to produce a figure, but I think that much of the figure could be made of existing parts. (Of course, some of these parts don't exist yet, but I am sure they will in the near future.)

I think that "NA" Skeletor's arms and gloves attached to Trap Jaw's shoulders would work well. They could also use the legs from a New Adventures figure for Blast-Attak, such as Optikk. As for his chest armor, it could be a removable armor placed on a Hordak torso.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 11, 2010 at 10:06pm.

I can't wait for him to be made, and I hope he is a member of the Snakemen.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

I don't think we're going to see this one anytime soon.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I can't wait for him to be made, and I hope he is a member of the Snakemen.
    Yeah, if he comes out we'll finally sort that one out (logo on the box)

@ Captain Atkin

It's my fav figure too!

He was one of my favourite characters as well! I hope he comes out (soon) and that he is a member of the snakemen, there are only 6 of them, there are more than enough evil warriors...

We must have Blast-Attak. He missed out on a figure in 200x and is badly over due. BA is one of MOTU's coolest characters, IMHO.

It seems simple enough to emphasise Blast-Attak's splitting-in-two for combat flexibility gimmick as opposed to emphasising the exploding nature of the character as seen in the mini-comic.

I never saw him as a suicide bomber because (like DC's Damage) BA's 'life' is not put at risk.

MOTUC Blast-Attak must definitely split in two. If we can have removable heads on MOTUC figures, we can have pull-apart halves for Blast-Attak.

Also, I desperately don't want him to be beneficiarry of re-used parts. Blast Attack came before those other NA figures - if necessary the NA guys can receive repainted BA arms and legs if that is the best way for Mattel to go. Generally speaking, I don't think we should give Matty the green light to slot in re-use parts for MOTU figures which had unique sculpt parts in the vintage line. Just my 2c.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; January 2, 2010 at 04:17am.

I'd just claim in the bio that Blast-Attak gets used to blow up walls and barriers.
    I'm quite curious about what Mattel would do with his bio anyway. He was marketed as an Evil Warrior, but belonged to the Snake Men in the minicomic. I'd prefer if - as part of a pact during their Alliance - King Hiss got Blast Attak as a gift from Skeletor. I'd also hope that the bio would establish there to be numerous Blast Attaks. I always saw him as a potential army builder figure.

In the end, I really hope we're gonna see him in this line. Not this year (2010 should be Dragstor year ), but maybe in 2011. I too think that he should be done with a couple of recycled parts which were or can be used on other figures. I also wouldn't mind if his body wasn't able to separate anymore.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

That's....very likely. Good work!

I was just thinking about this character last night and had a thought: "what if they don't make Blast-Attack because, fundamentally, he's a suicide bomber?".

I personally think that would be rediculous, but I also don't own a giant multi-national toy company either.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    I was just thinking about this character last night and had a thought: "what if they don't make Blast-Attack because, fundamentally, he's a suicide bomber?".

I personally think that would be ridiculous, but I also don't own a giant multi-national toy company either.

What do you guys think?
    Blast-Attak didn't appear in the 200x toy-line, and it is possible that if he did, his character would have been modified. It's easy to see how an action figure who blows himself up to injure and destroy others would be unsuitable for today's children.

Since a MOTUC figure wouldn't have any "action features", this wouldn't really be much of a problem. However, I wouldn't be upset at all with Mattel if they updated his character's bio so that his "exploding" feature was removed.

The name Blast-Attak doesn't necessarily have to be used to reference that the character blows himself up. Perhaps the character can create "sonic blasts" to take out his enemies. They could also give him a large laser cannon that he uses for "blast attacks", or they could simply update his red axe so that it is an axe/laser rifle combo (similar to what they used in the MOTU 1987 movie).

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 10, 2010 at 05:24am.

Can't wait for this character myself. He's so fascinating.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Blast-Attak didn't appear in the 200x toy-line, and it is possible that if he did, his character would have been modified. It's easy to see how an action figure who blows himself up to injure and destroy others would be unsuitable for today's children.
    But MOTUC isn't for today's children at all. It's an adult toyline.

If Marvel can have Nitro and Civil War was for adults and teens, we, as mature adults, can have Blast Attak blow himself up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    But MOTUC isn't for today's children at all. It's an adult toyline.

If Marvel can have Nitro and Civil War was for adults and teens, we, as mature adults, can have Blast Attak blow himself up.
    Yes, that's true, but MOTU will most likely be sold in stores again someday, in some form, for kids. Best to make the changes now, in that regard.

I personally think that would be rediculous, but I also don't own a giant multi-national toy company either.

What do you guys think?
    Good point.

Whether this is considered a line for Adult Collectors or not it's still being produced by a Big Corporation that fundimentally faces a Kid's market - they might be shy of certain concepts in today's world and self-detonating characters could easily fall into that catagory. NECA or McFarlane toys they aint.

Or they could just be Matty and totally fail to notice......like the excess Lead in the paint. Just saying.

What do you guys think?
    Agree, today it would be insane and highly criticized for a toy company to sell a sucide bomber figure. I think that we will see this (stupid) figure in the next few years though as long as the line will be sold to collectors only, online. We'll never see him in the retail for that reason.

I hope that if they decide to make this figure they create a dedicated mould.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    Agree, today it would be insane and highly criticized for a toy company to sell a sucide bomber figure. I think that we will see this (stupid) figure in the next few years though as long as the line will be sold to collectors only, online. We'll never see him in the retail for that reason.

I hope that if they decide to make this figure they create a dedicated mould.
    He's not really anything like a suicide bomber though, since he doesn't actually commit suicide. He can reform himself after exploding, and besides, he's a robot.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    don't know how many existing parts could be reused for blast attack, but, for the action feature, mattel could use the double torso as seen on king hssss, or something like this (kayodo revoltech, hokuto no ken zeed):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

couldn't the trigger cord be used like a detonator, to activate the blast, connected to the back of the figure, like 200x stratos jet pack?

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Blast attak has to be able to split in half. period. that can be accomplished without any mechanisms & whatnot. if fans make a big stink over panthor & mossman having to be flocked, then blast attak definitely has to be able to split in half, like his one & only figure did.

he'll always be a part of the snakemen to me, since that's how he was introduced in the minicomic that he came with. And since he had no cartoon appearances that's the story i go with.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Blast Attack's Trigger Cord

If and when they get to Blast Attack, should they turn the trigger cord into some sort of weapon?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Oh, heck yes! Orko's ripcord is found as a motif on his wand-I think Blast Attack's trigger cord, Dragstor's ripcord, and anything else like that should be turned into some sort of wicked new accessory for Classics!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Never had him... don't know what it looks like....

but in my mind Ripcord = whip

As long as he is not in the snakeman faction, I dont think I can complain.

I think that just as King Hssss having a seperatable torso opens up that as usable by another figure, and Trap-jaw's arms being a usuable function now to another charcter so too could Blast Attaks terrible terrible power to split in half....sigh.

Wichever came first, it could be the method by wich, mechanisim enabling a Two Bad ultimate cool figure. Baddrah and Tuvar splitting down the middle allowing for Two Bad creation.

Mind you, I think that's really cool, but I want all three so dont mind if they are all single toys, instead of build one outta the others but it's still a cool use for a down the middle split function, to get some more re-use outta it like Mattel loves.

Of course now I think about it, the Two Bad split isn't exactly down the middle, so it wouldnt look right, I dont think. But it was a neat idea.

Elder Councilman
    Why does Blast Attak somehow remind me of the Easter Island heads?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Widget

Blast attack! How should he be done?

Blast Attack!
    A latecomer in the original line, kinda weird fellow but one of the figures I'm very curious about how they will go around and make him work.
    So the first problem... how do they make him split?
    Should they make him split?
    Should the little detonator be included to make him 'explode' as with the vintage figure?
    And when Blastie is split in two it would be great to have him standing up, not totally unbalanced as with the earlier figure.
    Any ideas?

Splitting is an action feature. There aren't supposed to be doing action features.

Lock the thread!
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 11, 2011 at 01:26pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!