Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Blast-Attak Discussion

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I dont see it wrong direction i think. but thats my opinion. i do like the name

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I dont see it wrong direction i think. but thats my opinion. i do like the name
    That's the thing - the whole bio is a joke based on the 'real name'! Not like I'd expect that for the real MOTUC Blast-Attak bio.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I loved his rowdy-ass cyborg persona from the first time I've ever seen him in STAR Comics. I couldn't wait to get him because of it. A pity he's a totally different character in the mini-comics...

STAR Comics had Blast-Attak as one of Skeletor's Evil Warriors. He was a cyborg who could split in two and each half could operate independently.

The mini-comics had Blast Attak as an exploding robot that served the Snake Men.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 3, 2011 at 05:59pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Haha, I like how both Skeletor and Blast Attack refer to Ninjor as "quiet" and "silent" even though he's running his mouth almost as much as anyone else on that page.
    Bill :: guitargod694

As long as he is not in the snakeman faction, I dont think I can complain.

I think that just as King Hssss having a seperatable torso opens up that as usable by another figure, and Trap-jaw's arms being a usuable function now to another charcter so too could Blast Attaks terrible terrible power to split in half....sigh.

Wichever came first, it could be the method by wich, mechanisim enabling a Two Bad ultimate cool figure. Baddrah and Tuvar splitting down the middle allowing for Two Bad creation.

Mind you, I think that's really cool, but I want all three so dont mind if they are all single toys, instead of build one outta the others but it's still a cool use for a down the middle split function, to get some more re-use outta it like Mattel loves.

Of course now I think about it, the Two Bad split isn't exactly down the middle, so it wouldnt look right, I dont think. But it was a neat idea.

Elder Councilman
    Why does Blast Attak somehow remind me of the Easter Island heads?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Blast Attak is very low down on my list of wanted original figures in MOTUC.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I only have the original BA since 6 years and i loved him immediately. The action feature seemed so original back in the 80,s. To me it was all about the figure being able to split in half and to operate as two seperate beings. Probably because i read the comic book featured above. because of that he naturally belongs to Skeletors ranks. Never read or saw the mini-comic, so it is interesting to see a lot of fans wanting him as a snakemen.
    The whole debate about a suicide bomber action figure escapes me. This is probably not how Mattel intended him back in those days, nor will they feature him like that in MOTUC. I don't ignore the explosion part, looking at his name, but the suicide and terrorist items really never occured to me. Aren't all the evil warriors, snakemen and hordesmen terrorists?
    For the new figure I hope he re-uses just a few parts on the arms and legs from Trap-Jaw, like the shoulders and the boots. The upper legs have such a nice design that they should have there own parts. Offcourse I would love him to split apart, but not with a mechanism. Just with a few plugs would do nice.
    Besides his tech-axe he should come with a whip or a detonator. I found the Orko vintage ripcord to MOTUC wand parallel very original. But I have the idea it was more based on his 200X figure's wand. But there is certainly a similarity in the design.

I always imagined that Blast Attak would slowly regenerate after exploding. All of the fragments of him would be drawn back together. It was kind of ghoulish, but seemed pretty cool.

I would love a Blast-Attack figure. I would not expect to see his action feature since it would involve a lot of tooling even to pull off a "pull apart" feature.

As for his bio. I would be very disappointed if they change hid bio from the "suicide bomber" character.

I gotta say I see my generation a disgrace to society. The people who are parents now are crybabies. They see something that is deemed "controversial" and whine and complain about how it's not suitable for kids.
    Too Much violence on TV. Games Too Violent. Blah Blah Blah.

It was not like this when I was growing up in the 80s.

Sadly it seems my generation who are parents now all grew up to be Psycho Goody two Shoes Church Ladies.

I always liked Blast-Attack as a kid and I'm looking forward to his MOTUC's release. I bet we still won't see him for a year or so (but I would love to be wrong on this). Really doubt he'll have his action feature when we do get him.
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    I would love a Blast-Attack figure. I would not expect to see his action feature since it would involve a lot of tooling even to pull off a "pull apart" feature.

As for his bio. I would be very disappointed if they change hid bio from the "suicide bomber" character.

I gotta say I see my generation a disgrace to society. The people who are parents now are crybabies. They see something that is deemed "controversial" and whine and complain about how it's not suitable for kids.
    Too Much violence on TV. Games Too Violent. Blah Blah Blah.

It was not like this when I was growing up in the 80s.

Sadly it seems my generation who are parents now all grew up to be Psycho Goody two Shoes Church Ladies.
    The 80s ended over 21 years ago. Times change, and so do people. I don't think it's fair to start labeling people "cry babies" because their opinions have changed with time. Not everyone looks back at the 80s with rose coloured glasses on. We are not kids anymore, and it's OK for people to say if they think certain aspects of the toyline should be changed to better fit with the times. For example, do we really want a Jitsu and Ninjor with buck teeth again? I would say that the majority don't. A character like Blast Attack doesn't need to blow up in order to have the name "Blast Attack". It can be utilized in another way.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; February 7, 2011 at 01:37pm.

I'm fiending for Blast-Attak big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I loved his rowdy-ass cyborg persona from the first time I've ever seen him in STAR Comics. I couldn't wait to get him because of it. A pity he's a totally different character in the mini-comics...
    STAR Comics had Blast-Attak as one of Skeletor's Evil Warriors. He was a cyborg who could split in two and each half could operate independently.

The mini-comics had Blast Attak as an exploding robot that served the Snake Men.
    Whoa! that is the comic i remembered! he is way bad a** in that one

Widget

Blast attack! How should he be done?

Blast Attack!
    A latecomer in the original line, kinda weird fellow but one of the figures I'm very curious about how they will go around and make him work.
    So the first problem... how do they make him split?
    Should they make him split?
    Should the little detonator be included to make him 'explode' as with the vintage figure?
    And when Blastie is split in two it would be great to have him standing up, not totally unbalanced as with the earlier figure.
    Any ideas?

Splitting is an action feature. There aren't supposed to be doing action features.

Lock the thread!
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 11, 2011 at 01:26pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe he can work for both factions.

King Hiss needs more men...

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Definitely want him. I think of him as an Evil Warrior.

would love to have him get more weapons.
    maybe bombs or bomb belt & a giant blaster!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    would love to have him get more weapons.
    maybe bombs or bomb belt & a giant blaster!
    But he IS a bomb. More bombs would be redundant.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

hand bombs & as a last resort he can blow himself up.
    he's a master bomb maker. in fact he himself is a bomb!

Good lord, those Star Comics look utterly awful.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I have always thought that Blast Attack was MOTU's version of Frankenstein! It is surprising that he wasn't a member of the Horde, as the original 5 all seemed to represent classic movie monsters.
    Me too! I thought he Frankenstein's Monster and that he went well with Count Dracula (Hordak), Wolfman (Grizzlor), Creature/Gill-Man (Leech) and The Fly (Mantenna). Blast-Attack was always a member of The Horde when I played with my figures as a kid - although I can't recall the basis for his designation as a member of The Horde as opposed to one of Skeletor's minions.

And given the concept arm for a Horde member based on "The Mummy", it does seem like The Horde took some inspiration from the classic Universal Monsters.

Not sure if anyone would agree with me, but this guy would be cool as a hound/slave type character with a collar and leash. Think AOA Sabretooth's Wild Child or Rachel Summers. It would bee cool to have Skeletor or King Hiss holding the chain.

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Not sure if anyone would agree with me, but this guy would be cool as a hound/slave type character with a collar and leash. Think AOA Sabretooth's Wild Child or Rachel Summers. It would bee cool to have Skeletor or King Hiss holding the chain.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ildchild-2.jpg
    yeah i can see that. he almost has that slave vibe or fetish thing going on.
    i just got reminded of voldo from soul calibur.

steam punk comes to mind as well.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor