Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Blast-Attak Discussion

Goddess No!! I hope not Captain Atkin!!

Blast Attak looks nothing like Optikk (new or old).

Pleeeaaassseee Mattel. Shell out some dough and allow the 4H to make 100% unique sculpts for Blast Attak as was done 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Goddess No!! I hope not Captain Atkin!!

Blast Attak looks nothing like Optikk (new or old).

Pleeeaaassseee Mattel. Shell out some dough and allow the 4H to make 100% unique sculpts for Blast Attak as was done 20 years ago.
    When I said I could see him looking something like Optikk, I was referring to the arms and legs, which are shared by other characters with cybernetic parts like Trap Jaw and Roboto. I would imagine that they would give him a new torso/armor and head.

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 11, 2010 at 11:20pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    just going to have to wait for this one

I think (hope) this matter has been answered by Toyguru on the MattyCollector forums ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Rest assured, when we get to a figure like Buzz Off or Whiplash, etc... who needs the vintage insect legs, of course they will have them. We'll be following the look of the vintage figures, and if they need new parts, they will get them!

With any luck this policy should hold true for all vintage character sculpting (sans action features which we already know we will not get). Thus I will be expecting Blast Attak to have arms and legs modelled on his vintage figure, not cheap knock-offs of Trap Jaw/Kronis.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I think (hope) this matter has been answered by Toyguru on the MattyCollector forums ...

With any luck this policy should hold true for all vintage character sculpting (sans action features which we already know we will not get). Thus I will be expecting Blast Attak to have arms and legs modelled on his vintage figure, not cheap knock-offs of Trap Jaw/Kronis.
    I dunno but I read that TG quote like this:
    Originally Posted by Toyguru
    Rest assured, when we get to a figure like Buzz Off or Whiplash, etc... who needs the vintage insect legs, of course they will have them. We'll be following the look of the vintage figures, and if they need new parts, they will get them!*
    *=If we cannot reuse any parts then we'll have no choice but to make new parts... (Zodak and Optikk are examples of this. I believe Webstor was meant to use different parts, like the vintage toy, but ended up reusing Skeletor's IIRC)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Always loved this character as a kid. Its really too bad there will be no action features. I mean, this character was created based on an action feature!
    Maybe someday Mattel will change their minds and start producing figures with action features on a limited basis. Its like Stinkor with no stink.

Id buy Blast Atak-no doubt.but I want to see the Horde and most of the Snake Men first

i like what you have been saying Captain Atkin. i like the idea of re usable parts. no action feature. i defiantly want this figure.

his ax weapon can be modified & maybe through in another weapon like a heavy blaster or bomb.

anyone ever read the mini comics that had blast attack? wasn't blast attacks personality a bit mad or crazy? that made him different than the other villains. i really like this guy & wish they make him in the near future.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Blast attak has to be able to split in half. period. that can be accomplished without any mechanisms & whatnot. if fans make a big stink over panthor & mossman having to be flocked, then blast attak definitely has to be able to split in half, like his one & only figure did.

he'll always be a part of the snakemen to me, since that's how he was introduced in the minicomic that he came with. And since he had no cartoon appearances that's the story i go with.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    I was just thinking about this character last night and had a thought: "what if they don't make Blast-Attack because, fundamentally, he's a suicide bomber?".

I personally think that would be rediculous, but I also don't own a giant multi-national toy company either.

What do you guys think?
    Agree, today it would be insane and highly criticized for a toy company to sell a sucide bomber figure. I think that we will see this (stupid) figure in the next few years though as long as the line will be sold to collectors only, online. We'll never see him in the retail for that reason.

I hope that if they decide to make this figure they create a dedicated mould.

Blast Attack's Trigger Cord

If and when they get to Blast Attack, should they turn the trigger cord into some sort of weapon?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Oh, heck yes! Orko's ripcord is found as a motif on his wand-I think Blast Attack's trigger cord, Dragstor's ripcord, and anything else like that should be turned into some sort of wicked new accessory for Classics!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Never had him... don't know what it looks like....

but in my mind Ripcord = whip

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    Agree, today it would be insane and highly criticized for a toy company to sell a sucide bomber figure. I think that we will see this (stupid) figure in the next few years though as long as the line will be sold to collectors only, online. We'll never see him in the retail for that reason.

I hope that if they decide to make this figure they create a dedicated mould.
    He's not really anything like a suicide bomber though, since he doesn't actually commit suicide. He can reform himself after exploding, and besides, he's a robot.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    don't know how many existing parts could be reused for blast attack, but, for the action feature, mattel could use the double torso as seen on king hssss, or something like this (kayodo revoltech, hokuto no ken zeed):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

couldn't the trigger cord be used like a detonator, to activate the blast, connected to the back of the figure, like 200x stratos jet pack?

Rip cord could be used as a garrote or to tie up heroic warriors. Blast Attak definitely needs to come with his cord!

Blast Attak is cool!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Charlie Brown, Chuck, I love the detonator idea!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Some call me 'Wayne' Blast Attack!'s Avatar
    You all know I really want to see Blast Attak! I know a lot of people think of him as a generic looking robot but to me he looks like Frankenstein monster. He just has a real steam punk quality about him. The double torso idea is one I think would be a great way to show off his "action feature".

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Yes, that's true, but MOTU will most likely be sold in stores again someday, in some form, for kids. Best to make the changes now, in that regard.
    y'know, parents can always go on eBay and buy vintage toys for their kids.

And they can always show their kids stuff on Youtube or DVD that would never be permitted on TV today( or to be fair, even before the '70s).

Do people still literally believe that unless it's on TV( which virtually no one even watches anymore) or currently in stores, kids--and their respective parents--don't have access to it? Really?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by Blast Attack! View Post
    You all know I really want to see Blast Attak! I know a lot of people think of him as a generic looking robot but to me he looks like Frankenstein monster. He just has a real steam punk quality about him. The double torso idea is one I think would be a great way to show off his "action feature".
    I have always thought that Blast Attack was MOTU's version of Frankenstein! It is surprising that he wasn't a member of the Horde, as the original 5 all seemed to represent classic movie monsters.

(Hordak = Dracula, Grizzlor = Wolfman, Modulok = The Thing, Leech = Black Lagoon creature, Mantana = Martian monster)

Some people think he is a robot, but I think is a cyborg, as his face looks organic.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    y'know, parents can always go on eBay and buy vintage toys for their kids.

And they can always show their kids stuff on Youtube or DVD that would never be permitted on TV today (or to be fair, even before the '70s).

Do people still literally believe that unless it's on TV( which virtually no one even watches anymore) or currently in stores, kids--and their respective parents--don't have access to it? Really?
    There are some adults who may take offense to a character who is essentially a walking time bomb, who can be viewed by some as being a "suicide bomber" for the bad guys. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic figure. But I wouldn't have a problem updating the character so that blowing apart wasn't his primary function.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 23, 2011 at 06:24pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Charlie Brown, Chuck, I love the detonator idea!
    well, thanks good ol' uki, glad you like it!

but i have a further curiosity about this guy:
    what his main weapon is supposed to do? i mean, it's basically a pole-axe (with a similar design than rotar's one), and it's quite obvious what it's aimed to, but, what all the other stuff on it could be used for?

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I have always thought that Blast Attack was MOTU's version of Frankenstein! It is surprising that he wasn't a member of the Horde, as the original 5 all seemed to represent classic movie monsters.

(Hordak = Dracula, Grizzlor = Wolfman, Modulok = The Thing, Leech = Black Lagoon creature, Mantana = Martian monster)

Some people think he is a robot, but I think is a cyborg, as his face looks organic.

There are some adults who may take offense to a character who is essentially a walking time bomb, who can be viewed by some as being a "suicide bomber" for the bad guys. Don't get me wrong, I love the classic figure. But I wouldn't have a problem updating the character so that blowing apart wasn't his primary function.

there's always the option of a Comic Con exclusive, then ':B-)

If they did it for Lobo, they can do it for Blast Attak.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Blast Attack would be a great suprise. especially if he blows up! oh wait is that not ok.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they say, that he transforms in a weapon/bomb... In that case he would not be seen as a humanoid suicide bomber...

I'm re-posting this from the ''Real Names. Who looks like what..." thread. I never had Blast-Attak as a kid & honestly didn't know anything about the figure or really care. But I wrote this up last night & it's funny that from a simple joke & doing some research on this figure to write my 'bio', I'm actually really excited to get this figure in MOTUC now! Enjoy!

Blast-Attak
    Evil Blast-Apart Robotic Warrior

Growing up on Eternia Blast-Attak had only one dream: to make action movies with the biggest pyrotechnics possible. Blast-Attak's ambition and aggressive personality eventually turned his dreams into reality. He created a number of large budget action films to entertain the Eternian people, a few of which featured the famous actor Man-E-Faces. The financial, if not critical, success of Blast-Attak's films led him to use ever larger explosives which he believed translated to bigger and better action. Blast-Attak's final fateful filmmaking experience came during a filming sequence of one of his popular movie franchises featuring magical changing robots in which Blast-Attak was to create the largest on-screen explosion in the history of moviemaking. Blast-Attak was somehow caught in the explosion with one of the magical robots and was 'transformed' into an Evil exploding robot! Some say that either Skeletor or King Hssss masterminded the creation of Blast Attak, but no one knows for sure. Either way, when a Horde Trooper & Mosquitor sneak up on Blast-Attak, suddenly... BOOM!
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker