Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which four figures will be revealed at Toy Fair 2010!?

Which four figures will be revealed at Toy Fair 2010!?

Matty has said that they will be showing off at least FOUR new figures at Toy Fair in Feb. So who are your guesses?

It would be easy to hope for four of your FAVORITES, but you know this works-- There will probably be a new sculpt along with 2-3 other figures that can be created from mostly recycled parts.

But, post whatever you'd like! Could be four figures you're hopeful to see-- or four figures you've deduced they will make thanks to a home made Einstein-like equation!

Here are mine--

1) Man-E-Faces - Always a favorite, and with Trap Jaw's already created parts, he seems ripe for the Classic's line right now! (Will he have spinning faces, or will they be "face plates" like BA He-Man??)

2) Orko - They announced that he would DEFINITELY be coming this year, all the way back at Comic-Con, so I'm assuming they already had him in the design or sculpting stage by then. Time to finally unveil him!

3) Jitsu - As others have mentioned, he shares his armor with King Randor. And, other than the head and hand, all his other parts already exist! A bit of a long shot at this point in the line, but still very possible!

4) Mekaneck - Both he and Stinkor seem like obvious choices at this point. They both would only need new armor and heads to be made! (Assuming they go with a head different than Mer-Man's.) But Matty mentioned Mekaneck VERY early on in the line, so I'm putting my money on him for unveiling in Feb, with Stinkor not far behind (maybe at Comic-Con!)
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

Now thats my ideal line up there. And my guess too. I suspect that Feb's
    unveiling would be enough to tie us over until SDCC.
    Then I would suspect She-Ra, King Grayskull, Fisto, if
    Jitsu is a possibility and a NA figure.

She-ra
    Mekaneck
    1 NA character - I don't really know any of them because that show annoyed me too much
    Fisto or Jitsu

Those would be my 4 guesses

I think Orko will be shown, but I think he fits into the "SKUs nobody expects" since he'll probably come with another character rather than become a single release.

Classic & 200X fan
    Mekaneck
    Stinkor
    Whiplash
    Fisto

Not to mention, reveales no one is expecting? hmmmm...
    big geek

BH's Picks:

1.) Orko -- Perfect excuse to show him off, since they already stated they knew just how he was gonna be released in 2010. *possibly packed with Adam*

2.) Prince Adam -- A character mentioned a lot, speculated a lot, and I suspect he will be shown off in Feb. *possibly packed with Orko*

3.) Ninjor -- Easy to make, only needs new head and weapons tooling, a fan-fav, and isn't an A-lister to hold back for too long.

4.) The First NA Figure -- Since TG said the first NA character would be released during the Summer, Feb. would be the perfect time to show that character off.

Others -- I also think that Stinkor, Battle Armor Skeletor, and Count Marzo are big possibilities as well.

The Figures I'd like to see Personally are:
    1.) Whiplash
    2.) Fisto
    3.) Stinkor
    4.) Catra
    Last edited by Bulkhide; December 24, 2009 at 11:15pm.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

you might get orko a look comic con exe problem adam a snake man will be cool and maybe are first look at na

I am excited to see the figures. My only concern is why does Mattel act as if MOTUC has to wait for unique sculpts?

IMO I would say MOTUC is providing Mattel with a lot of revenue. Yes, it isn't in retail, but MOTUC does a lot better then anything else on mattycollector.com.

$20 a figure, with figures selling out in hours or days....would be giving Mattel more then what they paid into the figure. So I don't understand why they are telling us unique sculpts will be later in the line due to the cost.

Maybe I just don't understand how Mattel doesn't have the money to do the unique sculpts or Mattel is just wanting to make more profit to put in the bank without putting it back into the line for more revenue. They know they can get away with making figures with reused parts and still make revenue, but they should throw us a bone more often. If they did their "dogs" will be more loyal lol

Orko
    Stinkor
    First NA character
    Mekaneck

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Please oh please oh please let Man-E-Faces be released in 2010!!!!
    As for the other three i'd personally like to see the following:
    Leech
    Snake Face
    Optikk

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Please oh please oh please let Man-E-Faces be released in 2010!!!!

Now that I have Randor, he's my number 1 most want-to-see. If I was going by that, he would be number 1 on my list!
    big geek

Orko
    Flogg
    Stinkor
    Catra
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Figures they should use with less cost:

• prince adam
    • stinkor
    • mekanek
    • fisto or jitsu

Id like those but, which i would really like if cost wasnt an issue?
    • manny faces
    • syklone
    • trap jaw (done)
    • ram man

I would love to see this four

-Buzz off
    -Wiplash
    -Fisto
    -Grizzlor

But i bet we will see more, totally 8 figures.

-Orko Bonus
    -Prince Adam Bonus
    -She-ra
    -BA Skeletor Bonus

Filthy rich? No. Filthy. Griftor's Avatar
    Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I think we'll see some of the characters they have been teasing for a while, namely Man-E-Faces and Mekaneck.

As for the other two, I think we will se an NA character, since we're supposedly getting one this summer. If they are showing the next four after Evil Lyn, that would encompass May-August, so that would fit the timeframe.

As for the fourth, I'm thinking possibly Stinkor, since they'll have shown Mekaneck's armor, as well as the other Mer-Man head and Moss Man is on the way. So there you go.

Man-E-Faces
    Mekaneck
    Stinkor
    *New Adventures character*
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

well we are getting 1 NA figure the first half of the year so we will have an NA reveal which is what i am most excited about!!

sooo...

MAY-someone mentioned alot by mattel-mekanek

JUNE- the NA figureOptikk or Slushhead(my NA hopes)

JULY- someone fully tooled figure since the SDCC is in july and they want some WOW factor- a horde member or ram-man

AUGUST- some minimal tooled figure- ninjor

that will take care of us until april when they announce the SDCC figure, prob in toyfare again or else Facebook.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Filthy rich? No. Filthy. Griftor's Avatar
    Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    JULY- someone fully tooled figure since the SDCC is in july and they want some WOW factor- a horde member or ram-man
    Dude, in absolute honesty, I would freak if they showed Ram Man. Rammy was the first MOTU figure I was ever given, all the way back in 1984. He holds a very special place in my heart for introducing me to this wonderful, creative world where science and magic live in harmony.

As someone who can be a little anal about chronology and order, I would love to cap off the 1983 wave at some point in 2010. We've already gotten Faker and Tri-Klops. Trap Jaw and Evil Lyn are on the way. I think Man-E-Faces will show up in 2010 as well, but I had written off my most sentimental favorite as too expensive to be tooled for this year.

Quite simply, my jaw would hit the floor if they showed Ram Man, and I would never be so happy about having a prediction wrong in all my life.
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

Classic & 200X fan
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post

Pretty sure SDCC is in October this year, but I totally agree with you, and hope your right about the fully tooled figure!
    big geek

Captain Hydron
    Ram-Man
    Jitsu
    Count Marzo

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    I am excited to see the figures. My only concern is why does Mattel act as if MOTUC has to wait for unique sculpts?

IMO I would say MOTUC is providing Mattel with a lot of revenue. Yes, it isn't in retail, but MOTUC does a lot better then anything else on mattycollector.com.

$20 a figure, with figures selling out in hours or days....would be giving Mattel more then what they paid into the figure. So I don't understand why they are telling us unique sculpts will be later in the line due to the cost.

Maybe I just don't understand how Mattel doesn't have the money to do the unique sculpts or Mattel is just wanting to make more profit to put in the bank without putting it back into the line for more revenue. They know they can get away with making figures with reused parts and still make revenue, but they should throw us a bone more often. If they did their "dogs" will be more loyal lol
    I'm fairly sure that compared to their other lines, MOTU is a drop in the bucket. Barbie, Matchbox, Hot Wheels, DC Heroes... These things sell hundreds of thousands worldwide.

I believe that Mattel's original thinking was to not go too far into making a bunch of unique sculpts because this line was initially intended to just keep the license out there in the minds of the collectors and also to sell as other properties like movies-- but it seems that's all changed now!

MOTU has proven it can pay for itself and then some! Which is why I'm sure we'll be seeing more and more unique sculpts as the line moves forward.

Plus, if Mattel has plans for this line up till 2016, I'm sure we're gonna need a lot of unique sculpts to cover all those characters!

And I was just thinking... Could one of the "unexpected" figures be... KELDOR!?!
    Last edited by GrenadierStinny; December 25, 2009 at 12:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come be a part of my Toy News Network-- updated daily! - http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Read all about the best legendary toy lines at Stinny's Toy History! - http://toy-history.blogspot.com/

The four regular figures I'd liek to see are:

Fisto
    Grizzlor
    Ram-Man
    She-Ra

Man-E-Faces
    NA character - hopefully Slushhead
    Prince Adam as June's bonus
    Fisto

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I'm in agreeance with an NA Character. Also.. I think Stinkor wouldn't take much tooling. Prince Adam is a definite bonus sooner or later. Orko and She-Ra were supposed to be a 2010 characters.. So that's what I'm saying:

1) Orko
    2) Stinkor
    3) She-Ra
    4) NA Character

Bonus: Prince Adam.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Buzz Off
    Kobra Khan
    Mekaneck
    Man-E-Faces

But that's more what I WANT to see then what I think will be shown.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Quote Originally Posted by Griftor View Post
    Dude, in absolute honesty, I would freak if they showed Ram Man. Rammy was the first MOTU figure I was ever given, all the way back in 1984. He holds a very special place in my heart for introducing me to this wonderful, creative world where science and magic live in harmony.

As someone who can be a little anal about chronology and order, I would love to cap off the 1983 wave at some point in 2010. We've already gotten Faker and Tri-Klops. Trap Jaw and Evil Lyn are on the way. I think Man-E-Faces will show up in 2010 as well, but I had written off my most sentimental favorite as too expensive to be tooled for this year.

Quite simply, my jaw would hit the floor if they showed Ram Man, and I would never be so happy about having a prediction wrong in all my life.
    yeah i think my mekaneck prediction could be replaced with MEF. they already have the arms and legs for for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafos View Post
    Pretty sure SDCC is in October this year, but I totally agree with you, and hope your right about the fully tooled figure!
    it only makes sense that we see SOME sort of heavily tooled figure. they can say teela was a fully uniquely tooled sculpt all they want but they will be reusing her buck(and outfit) alot.

http://comic-con.org/cci/
    nope it is always in july.... you are prob thinking about the two warring NY comic conventions that are gonna be happening in october NYCC and the Big Apple Con(by the shamless gareb shamus/wizard).
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Here are my picks:

She-Ra
    Count Marzo
    Leech
    Orko

Honestly though, I don't care as long as they don't screw me out of the TF exclusive figure.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.