Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldor in MOTUC

I'm surprised we got so many other concept characters before Eldor. It would be such a weird gap in the line if he never got released while dudes like Vykron and Fighting Foe Men have.

I think he's a must have. I know that they want to focus on the rest of the vintage line, and the heavy hitters from NA and POP, but I think Eldor SHOULD be done too. I hope Mattel considers him important cannon.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know... After looking at some of the other concept characters, I really would like to get most of these. It's a shame so many people are against them.

http://www.eternian.com/conceptfigures.html

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    If you had to close the line tomorrow... Eldor deserves, finally, a toy form!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I'm actually quite surprised that we haven't got Eldor by now.

In fact, if more characters like Eldor would have been released instead of EVERY SINGLE HEAVY HITTER available in the MotUniverse, I don't believe we'd be facing the current situation.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I definitely want an Eldor figure but not at the expense of the figures that are in the most demand. I think Mattel could get away with Eldor but this Star Sister and FFM stuff has to end! I still contend that if Mattel had produced a Horde Trooper three pack instead of the FFM this year we would not have this situation right now.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; July 23, 2012 at 11:37pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    We Want EL-DOR!!
    We Want EL-DOR!!

(keep it goin')
    Last edited by He-Dude; July 24, 2012 at 12:35am.

He us a must! Hopefully he's slated for 2013!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I really enjoyed his appearance in the mini comics, and I would love to have him in the line as a sub exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I still contend that if Mattel had produced a Horde Trooper three pack instead of the FFM this year we would not have this situation right now.
    No offense, but I believe you're highly mistaken.

There are many, many factors involved in why the subscriptions are down, and I don't think it's as simple as the choice of the Fighting Foe Men for the 3-pack.

If it had been Horde Troopers, I don't think the subs would've been much higher, if at all, and you'd still have people complaining that if the line is ending soon, why did they make a 3-pack with all the same figure instead of three different characters, and on and on . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    I'm actually quite surprised that we haven't got Eldor by now.

In fact, if more characters like Eldor would have been released instead of EVERY SINGLE HEAVY HITTER available in the MotUniverse, I don't believe we'd be facing the current situation.
    Me too mate, I was really expecting to get him this year to go along with POG mini-comics and Preternia map. This guy is not just any concept figure, he actually had a prototype figure and was in the 87 Mattel company catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    No offense, but I believe you're highly mistaken.

There are many, many factors involved in why the subscriptions are down, and I don't think it's as simple as the choice of the Fighting Foe Men for the 3-pack.

If it had been Horde Troopers, I don't think the subs would've been much higher, if at all, and you'd still have people complaining that if the line is ending soon, why did they make a 3-pack with all the same figure instead of three different characters, and on and on . . .

I have to agree, many fans just don't want an expensive 3-pack, let alone a 3-pack of all the same figure. Give us Horde Trooper on a single card release like the vintage one, then the people who want to army build and buy more then one can and the people who don't can just get the one figure
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I blown away that he hasnt come out yet. I felt for sure this year 2012 he was going to make it.
    I do not want the line to close without this core character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Absolutely. Eldor its one of the most important concept characters in the line, and I'm curious to know more about him in the bio
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I blown away that he hasnt come out yet. I felt for sure this year 2012 he was going to make it.
    I do not want the line to close without this core character.
    I 100% agree!!
    I think I learnt more about being a good person from He-man, then I did in church.

I really hope Eldor does not fall under the 'no more concept characters' bracket, he's one of my most wanted characters

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I really hope Eldor does not fall under the 'no more concept characters' bracket, he's one of my most wanted characters
    I got to think no since there was a physical prototype floating around.

To me a "concept character" is someone who didn't make it past a drawing.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    While getting Eldor would be awesome, I wouldn't want it to be at the expense of any Great Rebellion member or key Filmation character.

If he takes the place of someone like Rotar or Twistoid, who I have no desire to see in the line, I won't mind.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Does any one know what he( the prototype ) looks like under the hood? does he have short Obi-wan hair, or more combed back like Fisto or maybe long?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Does any one know what he( the prototype ) looks like under the hood? does he have short Obi-wan hair, or more combed back like Fisto or maybe long?
    Good question. I'm not sure if he's ever been shown without the cloak. It doesn't look removable on the vintage prototype.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

He's pretty old, so I'd imagine balding or bald-headed more than likely.

I'd prefer Obi-wan style myself

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    I don't know about the vintage prototype, but the MVC comics gave him the same basic haircut as Dekker. Obviously that wouldn't fit under a plastic hood, but I'd sooner expect him to come with two heads for a hoodless display rather than a removable hood. I can't picture him without long white hair personally, however, if he could only come with one head, I'd want the hooded more than the unhooded.

Anyone else hope he comes with a recolored reuse of Keldor's cape? I know the prototype didn't have a cape, but I think it would increase his old wizard-ishness. Nice thing about Keldor's is it looks good with long hair or a hood and leave room for a weapon on the back (not sure what that would be). Also hope he gets a Gandalf-esque staff, although now we're probably talking weapons pack fodder.

Also about Dekker, I think his boots would be great to reuse on Eldor. Heck, they could even reuse Dekker's vest! He just needs sleeves, and the other accessories I mentioned (and of course the Book of Spells).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Eldor definately needs his book of spells and a Gandolf like staff! Let it be soon!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't know about the vintage prototype, but the MVC comics gave him the same basic haircut as Dekker. Obviously that wouldn't fit under a plastic hood, but I'd sooner expect him to come with two heads for a hoodless display rather than a removable hood. I can't picture him without long white hair personally, however, if he could only come with one head, I'd want the hooded more than the unhooded.
    Yeah thats totally how I see Eldors hair:

Wanted:

I can't wait to see his Holographic Book of Spells

Snappy Threader
    We need to see him sooner than later. I'm shocked we haven't already.