Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldor in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    I would break my own rule of not buying non-original characters for Eldor because I like the idea of a powerful mage being part of Eternian history.

However, the figure would need a lot of improvement from the 80's prototype. No cloak tucked into his underpants, for example. And that book would have to be shrunk down a bit.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Wasn't there an Eldor-esque character featured (unnamed) in the MV Creations comics? I seem to remember a very, very long, plaited beard. That would make a good modern update for a MOTUC version of this character. I see no reason to slavishly follow the vintage prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wasn't there an Eldor-esque character featured (unnamed) in the MV Creations comics? I seem to remember a very, very long, plaited beard. That would make a good modern update for a MOTUC version of this character. I see no reason to slavishly follow the vintage prototype.

If someone has a picture, it could be cool to see it

Just lending my support to an Eldor figure. He would be awesome. I like the fact that his cloak is tucked into his tights. I like it because it's such a unique look - as opposed to the same long robe wearing wizard we've seen over and over again. If I wanted that, I could just hunt down Gandalf figures from Lord of the Rings.

Eldor's muscular legs makes him decidedly MOTU. I hope they make them the pearlized gray looking color that the prototype seemed to have. After Eldor, we'd just need Tytus, Megator, and Sharella to have all the distinctly original Powers of Grayskull characters made(not counting Snakemen). Unless people also count He-Man in disguise.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Just don't tuck his "hoodie" into his underwear!

I would give him a full length cloak with hood, similar to Obi-Wan. Underneath that, I would use Prince Adam's vest and belt with a new buckle added to it (a buckle that looks like the Ramstone would be cool!)

Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 8, 2010 at 12:57pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    After Eldor, we'd just need Tytus, Megator, and Sharella to have all the distinctly original Powers of Grayskull characters made(not counting Snakemen). Unless people also count He-Man in disguise.
    FOR SURE !!!!!!! Wow, If Tytus MOTUC is released, I will pay Champagne to all He-Man Fans ! My favorite character !

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Just lending my support to an Eldor figure. He would be awesome. I like the fact that his cloak is tucked into his tights. I like it because it's such a unique look - as opposed to the same long robe wearing wizard we've seen over and over again. If I wanted that, I could just hunt down Gandalf figures from Lord of the Rings.

Eldor's muscular legs makes him decidedly MOTU. I hope they make them the pearlized gray looking color that the prototype seemed to have. After Eldor, we'd just need Tytus, Megator, and Sharella to have all the distinctly original Powers of Grayskull characters made(not counting Snakemen). Unless people also count He-Man in disguise.
    100% agree. I like the tucked in part. It's different. I also don't mind that the book is big. That book as some serious reading going on in it and deserves to stand out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    FOR SURE !!!!!!! Wow, If Tytus MOTUC is released, I will pay Champagne to all He-Man Fans ! My favorite character !
    I'll remember that

If someone has a picture, it could be cool to see it
    Sorry, I cannot scan a picture, but the source I'm referring to is MVCreations Masters of the Universe comic volume 3, # 5.

The character whom I believe is a possible representation of Eldor is featured on

Page 21: top frame head shot is best visual, but also in frames 2, 3 and 7. In frames 2 & 3 this wizard carries a spell book!

Pages 6 & 7: seated at council meeting, with a possible He-Ro standing behind him.

Hope that helps.

Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Check out my Customs at Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

Heroic Warrior
    WOW ! This custom Eldor is THE BOMB !!! SPLENDID !

I'd buy such a figure in a heartbeat !!!

Awesome custom, passiondesigns !

Congratulations !
    Last edited by Spectror; March 26, 2010 at 03:34pm.

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    I'll remember that

oooppsss

@PassionDesigns.

As usual, your customs are really awesome !!!!!!! WOW

Hey Rockvivien, Bollinger Grande Année 1990 please!!

passiondesigns : I have no words...
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

That custom Eldor demonstrates well why his cloak should remained tucked in his belt. It makes for such a unique look and really sets him apart as something special.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Hey Rockvivien, Bollinger Grande Année 1990 please!!

passiondesigns : I have no words...
    lol

No Problem. I live closed to the French Border I can share any Wine or Champagne with you ! You're welcome !

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Eldor WILL be released in this line, as He-Ro was. Trust me on this one. You dont think it coincidence that this dealer in film memoribilia 'Hollywood Heroes' just mysteriously unearthed this Eldor prrof card out of the BLUE, did you? Seriously, its been floating around for some 25-odd years, seems like to me whats called "viral marketing" as of late. (Used to be called publicity, but..) Same situation as a celebrity that might be down on his/her luck and no longer getting offered fruitful roles, if said celeb appears doing something out of character, or say being drunk and obscene, that celeb is now in the limelight again. As they say, "ANY publicity is GOOD publicity."

It's all part of the Mattel's "grand plan", trust me on this. They are 'gauging interest', stirring the pot as it were, and the bread crumb trail of 'clues' is as plain as day, much like the recent ToyFare magazine articles that I had mentioned in a previous post.

I wont speculate much furthur, but as I have said, the next year~two years are going to be a VERY interesting rebirth for the MOTU brand, to say the very least.

Looking forward to ALL of it, and I cant WAIT for our Castle Grayskull to appear soon!! (And it WILL, no worries...)

Take care and be well!
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by passiondesigns View Post

With this pic, only one thing comes to mind:

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME..... IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAMMMMMEE!! HUHUHUHAHAHA....

200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Dinosaurs in He-Man now...

Anyway, if he is the SDCC, this is great, because it means I don't have to worry about not getting him. I never even heard of this guy until yesterday.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I'm hoping and it does have a high percentage of being done since so far, all the MOTUC SDCC exclusives are from the Preternian era!

With the exception of Mo-Larr!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Very awesome, great work!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Great custom, and I cannot wait to see Eldor included in the line. His Bio has my apetite nice and whetted!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

That is a really awesome custom Eldor! I really hope he makes it as the SDCC exclusive this year. Would be a really nice complement to He-Ro from last year and the dramatic unveiling of Eldor's prototype proof card just a few weeks ago.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Okay, the SDCC exclusive will be a two pack, and we just heard it's not Orko. That means we still have a very good chance it's Eldor... but with who??? I say Veena!!!

PS. I love the custom!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

lol

No Problem. I live closed to the French Border I can share any Wine or Champagne with you ! You're welcome !
    Thank you pal!Whenever I'm in Europe I'll make sure to join you to dry a few bottles and talk MOTU
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

I think ALOT of people want an Eldor.

I have a feeling he will be a Con exclusive maybe next year.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!