Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Hordak Transformed figures

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.

Filmation Hordak Transformed figures

Who here would be interested in a series of figures dedicated to all the different things that Hordak transformed into in the Filmation show? Maybe as pack ins with the Filmation figures if they ever get the rights. For some of the larger things like tanks pack them in with Large Scale Beasts.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I would love it if Mattel released a Filmation colored Hordak, with a bony, different armor, and a removable arm with a few different arm attachments (a bit like Trap Jaw's removable arm). That would totally rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Oulala that would be cool also. What i was talking about however was different figures or add on-s to a figure. For example: Rocket Form Hordak where he turns his lower torso into rocket boosters to fly off.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Rocket Hordak was the first thing I thought of.... from secret of the sword. it's cool.... but not twenty dollars plus shipping cool.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess if THAT ever happened (Hordak Transformed figures), what we would get is more variants...

As accessories, yes. As variants : NO !

I honestly don't care if I never get a Filmation Hordak or his transformed states. I always thought manty of them were goofy. (Even for MOTU!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

YES!!! That is the only answer I have.

YES I DO!!!

Edit ----> Great question BTW!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I would love it if Mattel released a Filmation colored Hordak, with a bony, different armor, and a removable arm with a few different arm attachments (a bit like Trap Jaw's removable arm). That would totally rock.
    I wish Hordak's figure had been like that from day one. I guess that's why he was never my favorite figure as a kid. the toy sucked compared to his cartoon portrayal. he's a shapeshifter, yet his figure did nothing. complete opposite of modulok's toy to cartoon versions.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Oulala that would be cool also. What i was talking about however was different figures or add on-s to a figure. For example: Rocket Form Hordak where he turns his lower torso into rocket boosters to fly off.
    yes, add-on accessories for the motuc Hordak would be awesome. a snap-over lower torso in rocket form (that would be two pieces to fit over his lower body) would be a great add-on piece. or attatchments to fit over his arm, like an arm cannon or claw. Actually, i took part of the scope from my G1 Megatron to use as a cannon arm for my motuc Hordak. To me his cannon arm is more important than his crossbow (which I've never seen him use). seems pointless for him to need it, since he can shapeshift into any weapon he wants to become.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I guess if THAT ever happened (Hordak Transformed figures), what we would get is more variants...

As accessories, yes. As variants : NO !
    you don't have to buy varients if you don't want to. Some fans would love to have various incarnations of the characters though. At least ones that actually appeared in a motu series, not disco Skeletor or kung fu he-man.

some varients, people actually would want; not everybody, but some people would. I'd gladly trade in my current Hordak for one that had interchangeable parts. that's the hordak figure i've always wanted. given his pop portrayal, i would have thought a hordak figure with diff attatchments would have been a no-brainer.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'd buy it. I'm a sucker for anything Hordak.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I hope in a Filmation edition of Hordak!! I would it! The Hordak MOTUC has too many elements of 200x as the face and pants, I do not like that!

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Rocket Hordak was the first thing I thought of.... from secret of the sword. it's cool.... but not twenty dollars plus shipping cool.
    NOTHING is that cool. What makes "Rocket Hordak" so different?
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    NOTHING is that cool. What makes "Rocket Hordak" so different?
    This is too cool right here...

Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    I'd forgotten about that version of Rocket Hordak. The one i saw the most is where he just turned his lower torso into rocket boosters and flew around while his upper torso remained normal. I need to get pics and put up so people can see just how many transformations Hordak did in the show. There were alot, some repeated themselves but there were a few that you just saw once. While we are at it. Hordak Sorcerer and teacher of Skeletor or Technological Shapeshifter? I know his transformations could be achieved with magic, but there was an episode in Filmation where they used a circuit disrupter on Hordak to mess up his computer? It was an episode that had Adora's Horde nanny in it.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

A Filmation style Hordak would be cool. A LASER arm attachment would be cool (and could be recycled for Huricane Hordak.)

As far as tanks and rockets go.... I'll pass. It's just way to silly for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    A Filmation style Hordak would be cool. A LASER arm attachment would be cool (and could be recycled for Huricane Hordak.)

As far as tanks and rockets go.... I'll pass. It's just way to silly for MOTUC.
    Not trying to be antagonistic or anything but how is Hordak transforming into things silly? Or at least tell me this how is it any sillier than Rio-Blast or Mekaneck or even your avatar Snout Spout?
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Not trying to be antagonistic or anything but how is Hordak transforming into things silly? Or at least tell me this how is it any sillier than Rio-Blast or Mekaneck or even your avatar Snout Spout?
    As silly as people with robot elephant heads and extending necks may be, I don't think MOTU gets much sillier than this:

As much as I love the campiness of the original POP cartoon, I really don't want to see a rocket ship Hordak anytime soon.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; January 8, 2010 at 12:31pm.

Once I start getting the She-Ra episodes off NetFlix I will take some good screen shots of Hordaks transformations. This last one I took was from Secret of the Sword. He has one in there right before Adora turns into She-Ra where both of his forearms turned into "blasters". THAT WAS COOL!

GREAT! I want a Filmation Hordak too! Mattel are you hearing us??

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I honestly don't care if I never get a Filmation Hordak or his transformed states. I always thought many of them were goofy. (Even for MOTU!)
    i completely agree...not a fan of the filmation anything....
    but i support others if they want it...i just wouldnt buy it...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I'd LOVE Filmation Hordak, I'd also love to see his transformed modes.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Hordak with interchangeable parts and accessories.

Can we say SDCC exclusive?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Moving over from the Shadow Weaver thread, since Darkspecter seems to want to go ze distance on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think Imp really should come with Filmation Hordak. I mean, he doesn't require a whole lot of tooling as it is. He's mainly a new head and chest armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Uh-huh...some arm attachments for the Hurricane Hordak arm, like Trap-Jaw and Roboto...

He obviously won't come with any of the other stuff. MAYBE the shield, but that's it.
    Well, let's break it down:

• New armour & head (as you mentioned)
    • Trap-Jaw torso
    • Two cannon arms (single mould)
      • Circular saw attachment to plug into cannon
    • Kronis upper arms, with Horde arm bands (reused from Grizzlor/Leech)
    • New lower arms, same as He-Man to the wrist, with Roboto/etc-style plugs for:
      • Two normal hands (removable)
      • Pneumatic drill/jackhammer
      • Clamp gun & plug-in clamp
    • King Hsss waist joint to swap legs/rocket

I didn't include everything from the above picture - they wouldn't spring for a working winch, the rifle is similar enough to Trap-Jaw's that they could just include a repaint of that in a Weapons Pak, the extra heads aren't critical and the robot arm is kinda redundant. And yeah, even all that is probably a bit ambitious. But if, say, the rocket-legs are lost it isn't much more than Man-at-Arms included. Especially if we don't bother with Imp!

Or it could be an SDCC pack, including everything bar the winch

I want the head-to-hammer he uses to bang himself on a wall when he gets too upset

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    To be quite honest, I never really liked Hordak's multi-transformations in the Filmation series, and found some of them rather silly. Even if Filmation rights are ever acquired, I'd personally rather see the tooling that would be needed going towards more A and B listers, or fan favourite smaller characters.

Also, I feel it would push the line even further into variant territory. For a line that started off with the clear intention of steering clear of too many needless variants, I'm at the moment scared a repeat of the 200x disaster is on our hands. Maybe as a Con exclusive at most, but I don't really want to see the line going too much into this sorta thing.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    To be quite honest, I never really liked Hordak's multi-transformations in the Filmation series, and found some of them rather silly. Even if Filmation rights are ever acquired, I'd personally rather see the tooling that would be needed going towards more A and B listers, or fan favourite smaller characters.

Also, I feel it would push the line even further into variant territory. For a line that started off with the clear intention of steering clear of too many needless variants, I'm at the moment scared a repeat of the 200x disaster is on our hands. Maybe as a Con exclusive at most, but I don't really want to see the line going too much into this sorta thing.
    I know what you mean. Too bad they already have Hurricane Hordak coming out. They could have retooled that figure to have detachable limbs and maybe later come out with a separate accessory pack of his transformation along with others like Trap Jaw rope pulley and sword transformations for She-Ra.