Thread: Filmation Hordak Transformed figures

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, let's break it down:

• New armour & head (as you mentioned)
    • Trap-Jaw torso
    • Two cannon arms (single mould)
      • Circular saw attachment to plug into cannon
    • Kronis upper arms, with Horde arm bands (reused from Grizzlor/Leech)
    • New lower arms, same as He-Man to the wrist, with Roboto/etc-style plugs for:
      • Two normal hands (removable)
      • Pneumatic drill/jackhammer
      • Clamp gun & plug-in clamp
    • King Hsss waist joint to swap legs/rocket

I didn't include everything from the above picture - they wouldn't spring for a working winch, the rifle is similar enough to Trap-Jaw's that they could just include a repaint of that in a Weapons Pak, the extra heads aren't critical and the robot arm is kinda redundant. And yeah, even all that is probably a bit ambitious. But if, say, the rocket-legs are lost it isn't much more than Man-at-Arms included. Especially if we don't bother with Imp!

Or it could be an SDCC pack, including everything bar the winch
    I guess he can have all that if people want him to cost $40.

Also...I don't understand why he would need these new arms...at all. Filmation Hordak basically has He-Man arms with two Horde bands. The only one that vaguely resembles Kronis' arms, is the "robotic arm" which he barely ever had...and that's one arm. Even that arm is more similar to King Hiss'.

Anyway, like I said, this wish-list would be way too expensive to create. I'll look for my idea I posted on Facebook about how to get Filmation Hordak done with transforming pieces.

EDIT: Okay, I looked it over. The picture posted on Facebook had different things than you pictured. Basically two Hordaks could get the majority of his stuff done, but one has to be a "Beast" figure because of his tanks and the half-waist thing. No matter what, I think the list you have is unreasonable to look for in a Filmation Hordak. I mean, Bow couldn't even get his own boots and arm bands. He got NA He-Man's...so...I would VERY much doubt we'd see all these different arms and half/waists on a variant figure.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 29, 2011 at 05:35pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    This would be a great figure to be made in the style of Trap-Jaw. The attachments would rock. Plus I'd love to put one of those massive arm cannons on Trap-Jaw.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I feel it would push the line even further into variant territory. For a line that started off with the clear intention of steering clear of too many needless variants, I'm at the moment scared a repeat of the 200x disaster is on our hands.
    Unless/until Mattel change tack, there will be four variants a year, EVERY year. Which is more reminicent of the "200X disaster" - Filmation Hordak with a load of new & distinct stuff, or Malibu Stacy with a ne... sorry, He-Man with a new harness and a some slightly different colouring?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also...I don't understand why he would need these new arms...at all. Filmation Hordak basically has He-Man arms with two Horde bands. The only one that vaguely resembles Kronis' arms, is the "robotic arm" which he barely ever had...and that's one arm. Even that arm is more similar to King Hiss'.
    Very simply, he needs the Kronis/Trap-Jaw removable shoulders - if he could only have one accessory, it would have to be his trademark arm-cannon that he even had in the title sequence:

[NB: Official Classic Media upload!]

Saying the Kronis upper arms was an attempt to compromise on the tooling that retrofitting He-Man style arms with the removable joints would involve. Same as Bow getting NAHM boots

Lower arms... well, maybe you could reuse the Hurricane Hordak right bicep in that same spirit of compromise, but you'd still need to create a matching left bicep and a pair of normal hands to plug in as well...

Okay, I looked it over. The picture posted on Facebook had different things than you pictured. Basically two Hordaks could get the majority of his stuff done, but one has to be a "Beast" figure because of his tanks and the half-waist thing.
    Notice how I steered clear of the full-body transformations (tank, rocket, drill, spinning top ) in that collage for exactly that reason! I'm sure you agree that, individually, just about everything there is achievable, ja?

I'll buy a rocket Hordak just for the fun of displaying it crashing!! LOL!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

I remember thinking how cool Hordak was for his techno-shapeshifting abilities. And others have said it earlier in this thread, his figure paled in comparison to his animated awesomeness. I remember reading New Mutants at the time and thinking "Hordak is like Warlock! Radical!" ...yes, I used 'radical' quite a bit. Anyways, I would want Filmation Hordak to come with a few extra parts. And I'd give anything to someday have Hordak in his rocket form.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

I never liked this in the cartoon. I didn't really mind the arm cannon, especially after seeing the Hurricane Hordak figure, but really didn't care for the other transformations.

So, nah, I personally wouldn't want these figures

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    I guess if THAT ever happened (Hordak Transformed figures), what we would get is more variants...

As accessories, yes. As variants : NO !
    I'm thinking more along the lines of a SDCC gag item. similar to the Mossman deoderant stick. or even like wun-dar loaf of bread.

If they can do she-ra polly pockets then they can do that.

If they can do a multi pack of the smaller characters then they can do that.

When Hordak transforms into a rocket MOTUC has officially jumped the shark.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Very simply, he needs the Kronis/Trap-Jaw removable shoulders - if he could only have one accessory, it would have to be his trademark arm-cannon that he even had in the title sequence:
    Yes...Hurricane Hordak's arm...

The only reason it's on the other arm their is because of flipped animation.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yes...Hurricane Hordak's arm...

The only reason it's on the other arm their is because of flipped animation.
    Both arms could switch - look back at the big image I posted, and you'll see a picture from Secret of the Sword (She-Ra Unchained) with BOTH ARMS turned into cannons! That's not simply flipped. In case you missed it...

Also, regardez la différence between the animation cannons above, and the HH plug-in wrist (not really a "cannon"):

That's an organic-styled arm, with sculpted muscles. Nothing like his purely-mechanical cannon.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Id be all for this as Hordak is my number 2 favourite guy. Id even be up for a HORDAK V SHE-RA pack (instead of a weapons pack) of items they can transform either into or things into. Awesome thread.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

A Filmation Hordak would be great. Removable arms with canon arm and robotic arm included.

The only transformation item I would be interested in is the rocket form

Visual breakdown of a potential MotUC Filmation-Hordak (with some compromise to part-sharing/MotUC-style)

I'd pay USD 30,- for a Filmation-Hordak with rocket- and at least 6-8 arm-attachements