Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.162!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.162!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 162 questions!

This round of questions were selected by blackiecats.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. Blade: Does Mattel's current Filmation license also include the Blackstar and Bravestarr series, or is it just Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power?

We’ve had some interest in those as potential collector lines, but not sure about the full details yet. If that’s something we decide we can actually execute on, we will make announcements.

2. blackiecats: Are the SDCC 2015 Rotar and Twistoid completely sold out or will remaining customer service stock eventually appear on MattyCollector?

We don’t have any quantity left for this item.

3. DrumMaster: We were told in recent Q&As that certain items would be better suited for a future weapons pack. Is there going to be another weapons pack?

That is still to be determined, but something that is top of the list for a most wanted offering.

4. Shecky: At NY Toy Fair, the Horde Trooper displayed was shown with the crossbow and staff, but without the baton and shield that were in the 2-pack. Will all of the 2-pack accessories be included with the single carded Trooper, or will it just be the crossbow and staff?

It will come with all accessories, as well as a battle damage label sheet.

5. Zodac: There is concern among a number of fans that the face of the recently revealed Roton, while being a novel and interesting re-imagining, is perhaps too much of a departure from the original design. Is there any chance that the face could be revised to be more faithful to the classic look of the Roton, or that a swappable "vintage" face-piece could be included with the vehicle so fans have an option for which look they'd like to display? The inclusion of interchangeable parts has been such a great feature of this line, and would also be great on the Roton!

Sorry but it is what it is. This line is also about reimagining the vintage figures, not just recreating them. While a swappable faceplate would be a cool idea, it's not something that we can do at this time. We think this is going to be an awesome offering and a great new take on the vintage vehicle.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 164!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 162 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. Shecky: At NY Toy Fair, the Horde Trooper displayed was shown with the crossbow and staff, but without the baton and shield that were in the 2-pack. Will all of the 2-pack accessories be included with the single carded Trooper, or will it just be the crossbow and staff?
    It will come with all accessories, as well as a battle damage label sheet.

Yes! Viva le Single-Carded Horde Trooper!!

Now... the most OBVIOUS question of them all: WHEN??!

1. Blade: Does Mattel's current Filmation license also include the Blackstar and Bravestarr series, or is it just Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power?

We’ve had some interest in those as potential collector lines, but not sure about the full details yet. If that’s something we decide we can actually execute on, we will make announcements.

BLACKSTAR!!!!
    please please please let this happen!!

The fact that Mattel didn't offer the Rotar vs. Twistoid two pack to subscribers like they said they would AND that they're completely out of stock of it is disappointing.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Not a subscriber, but damn I'm ticked I can't get one of the Rotar sets, not so much a Twistoid fan at all, but Rotar looks awesome. I get not having a crap ton of stock left, but damn make enough to go around.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Trap Jaw
    Coming.... Classics Vultak
    Wanted.... Classics Masque & Callix?
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post

BLACKSTAR!!!!
    please please please let this happen!!
    God yes! Gimme Klone!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I think a Blackstar line would be great!

Bummer about the Twistoids.

I suspect they did the right thing with the Roton.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I would love Blackstar, Bravestarr, and maybe even Sun Man (although owned by someone else). I would like all these to be rolled into the MOTU universe somehow.

I know it would be easier for Blackstar and Bravestarr. Bravestarr could be an associate of Rio Blast.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I think they did the right thing with Roton. I'm not wild about them slavishly following either the Filmation or the vintage designs in the Classics line, and it's nice to see something new once in awhile.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Great answers! Sorry for the folks that missed out, but who knows... And Yay for the Roton!! It looks perfect as is!!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

I've looked on the board here, but I can't find pics of the new Roton. Where are they?

Sea Hawk

Blackstar and Bravestarr would be cool. I wonder if Mattel could make the Blackstar original toy characters that did not appear on the show.

Imagine if they could do articulated versions of those little demons????
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I would like BOTH lines... even if its just a few key characters.

This is awesome!!! While it doesn't mean anything is even going to happen, it's a much better answer than "No." I would love some BLACKSTAR and BRAVE STARR figures! There are some really great character designs there. Heck, a lot of BLACKSTAR stuff could be mostly made right now with existing MOTUC molds.

( Crosses fingers, and rubs rabbit's foot )
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 10, 2016 at 12:24am.
    Master of the Mundane

Silverhawks.....

That is all.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I think they did the right thing with Roton. I'm not wild about them slavishly following either the Filmation or the vintage designs in the Classics line, and it's nice to see something new once in awhile.
    Exactly. I completely agree with this!

Really bummed about Rotar and Twistoid. I'm assuming they'll never make more. So it's pay extortionate eBay prices or have a glaring hole in my collection.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

I am SO MAD!

I'm So MAAAAAD!

I will not have a complete vintage collection w/out x2 ROTAR vs. TWISTOID Energy Zoids 2-pack!

MATTEL......MATTY.....Mattycollector.com: "Where Collector's Are King!"...... This KING declares you must make more ROTAR vs. TWISTOID Energy Zoid 2-pks. immediately!

**Matty: If this KING's command is not followed through, you shall be cast to the wastelands of Despondos, & have the choice of doing slave labor 23 hours daily, or be snacks for the starving Snake Men trapped there! A Fair King gives his subjects choices!

Seriously Mattel, produce as many as 2015 subscribers will pre-order with down payments, or full payment for all I care! I want x2 or x3 "SDCC" Energy Zoids 2pk.: ROTAR vs. TWISTOID !!!! (the Goddess is so MAD she turned EVIL !!)

Matty: Me - x2 Energy Zoids 2pks. = ME !!!!
    Last edited by invisibleboy; May 11, 2016 at 04:53pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    The fact that Mattel didn't offer the Rotar vs. Twistoid two pack to subscribers like they said they would AND that they're completely out of stock of it is disappointing.
    Yeah I managed to grab a set during the SDCC sale, but I thought those who didn't, deserve to know the score so they don't wait in vain for Matty to put more up. Unfortunate, but at least now they can try and snag a set without worrying if they could have got them at cost from Matty later.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    Exactly my thoughts
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Heroic Warrior
    Shame for those who missed out on Rotar and Twistoid but not unexpected.

Good news about the Horde Trooper. Let's hope they remember he is an army builder.

As for Roton - I'm not sure how valid or representative the question was. I can't see anything wrong with the design.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. Zodac: There is concern among a number of fans that the face of the recently revealed Roton, while being a novel and interesting re-imagining, is perhaps too much of a departure from the original design. Is there any chance that the face could be revised to be more faithful to the classic look of the Roton, or that a swappable "vintage" face-piece could be included with the vehicle so fans have an option for which look they'd like to display? The inclusion of interchangeable parts has been such a great feature of this line, and would also be great on the Roton!

Sorry but it is what it is. This line is also about reimagining the vintage figures, not just recreating them. While a swappable faceplate would be a cool idea, it's not something that we can do at this time. We think this is going to be an awesome offering and a great new take on the vintage vehicle.
    Oh well. It's as I suspected. Glad to hear the team seems excited about it.

As long as it rotonates while rolling! That's the main thing!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I feel the same way. This two pack of relatively less known characters is aimed at fans who are interested in the obscure MOTU stuff and/or are completists. And IMO it is likely that these fans are subscribers. As you mentioned, it was meant to be offered to subscribers and it is Mattel's mistake that in the end it wasn't.
    It would be very nice if Mattel re-realeased these for SDCC 2016 as an additional comic-con item. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Really bummed about Rotar and Twistoid. I'm assuming they'll never make more. So it's pay extortionate eBay prices or have a glaring hole in my collection.
    I do not believe that for a second. I believe they were out of Troopers as well, and now they are going to have single pack troopers. These went back into production and are going to eventually be released. I do not believe that they just had overstock they were not selling as two packs, opened them all, and repackaged them (sans battle damage?)

I believe they are toying with a plan to single card both Rotar & Twistoid, or just put them back into production, where they can fit it.

Sure, no proof, but a lack of previous release doesnt make this never comming again. Just my theory.

One thing is certain, I am not paying insane prices on the secondary market for them. Either Matty will do as I predict in some form, or I'll buy these things in the future when this line is really over or when/if the prices ever get into realistic proportions.