Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Intergalactic Skeletor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Intergalactic Skeletor Video Review by Pixel Dan

New Adventures!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome review as allways Dan....glad you dont shy away from pointing out the issues with these toys

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Thanks for the review, Dan. I think NA Skeletor looks AWESOME! Can't wait!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Best figure since Galactic Protector He-Man!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ironman's Avatar
    Great review but once again NA figures suck. I really hope there is no NA add on sub next year (assuming there is a next year). It would make sense but I really just don't like the figures. They don't fit in at all.
    Ironmans Want List:

MOTUC: I want them all!!!!!!

Classic Line: Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Tower Tools, Eternia, Laser Power He-man, Laser Light Skeletor, Tytus and Megator.

Yeesh, both NA He-Man and Skeletor have trouble holding their stuff! I was able to wrap a small clear rubber band around NA He-Man's sword so he has a tighter grip, but I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with Skeletor. Then again, I'll just wait and see what it's like when I have him in hand. I'm not terribly happy with how huge the staff handle looks to be, but with how gummy the hands are, I guess it needs to be bigger to have any sort of grip on it.

Ah well! All the details I could ever ask for are there, and simply bending him forward will get rid of the midriff. Hopefully I can play around with him without the staff flying out of his hand - that's all I really want in the long run. Someday I'll be on the floor with a kid and messing with these toys, and if Skeletor's staff keeps falling out of his hand with every movement, we'll both be disappointed!

Who am I kidding though? I'm still CRAZY looking forward to this guy. I may even get a second and remove the cape so he can match my old figure, whose cape was usually on other figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

great review Pixel Dan, thank you! That is an awesome group shot of the villains. All we need now is a female for each group and the N/A is pretty much complete!

Just realized I made a goof...the release date is AUGUST, not July. Sorry for the confusion guys!

Thank you for that review.

The FOUR HORSEMEN updated his design amazingly, Mattel screwed up with the execution a bit but that´s a normal thing by now if you ask me
    Business as usual

Like all the other review samples his shoulders look reversed, didn´t you noticed it or am i mistaken?

Thanks again and NA rocks!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Great review but once again NA figures suck. I really hope there is no NA add on sub next year (assuming there is a next year). It would make sense but I really just don't like the figures. They don't fit in at all.
    Wouldn't an add-on sub be the best thing for someone like you?? That way you don't have to buy them...

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Dan another great review NA Skeletor looks awesome! Few questions, I didn't see you mention the shoulders and if they look reversed, in the review they look like they fit right next to the bicep to me? (Not a huge issue to me, just I've seen a lot of comments from others) And the hands look like Horde Prime's are they removable? Also if you crunch him forward how far before it looks alright and his stomach isn't showing, most of the views in the video seem to show his belly button? Thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Rumor has it if we get that far the add-on sub will be 200X!

how does fakers head look on him

Not happy to see "gummy hands", but it's not a deal killer. Otherwise I'm totally digging this guy! Thanks again for another great review, Dan.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Just realized I made a goof...the release date is AUGUST, not July. Sorry for the confusion guys!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Best figure since Galactic Protector He-Man!
    Amen.

// some text

Gummy hands are my biggest complaint about Tallstar. Sad to see a few years after her release, that another figure is having this problem. Not being able to properly hold weapons is irksome. Other than that, I think he came out alright. The bulky armor is a bummer, yet the details on this Skeletor are so well-done that they do a good job of distracting you from the flaws, IMO. Love the staff and the bonus Faker head!
    Top Ten Next Reveals Wanted: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Mermista, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Tung Lashor

I think that's VERY unlikely due to the Pop sub barely making it this year and statements that Pop sells better than NA. I just hope we get Sagitar before this fantastic voyage train comes to a screeching halt

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Wouldn't an add-on sub be the best thing for someone like you?? That way you don't have to buy them...
    I guess it wouldn't be enough for them to be available for those who wanted them without "forcing" those who hate them into getting NA figures.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Sweet man... totally PUMPED to get this guy in AUG!!!!

Now com'on matty give us that NA min sub!!! PLEASE!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar

Are you ready fans!?
    I said, "Are you ready?!"
    Who lives in a asteroid in outer space?
    Bloated Armor Gummy-Hands!
    Cybernetic and blue with a skull for a face!

If floppy hands be somethin' ya want on a toy.
    Then pop onto Mattycollector and purchase this guy!
    Bloated Armor Gummy-Hands! Bloated Armor Gummy-Hands! Bloated Armor Gummy-Hands!

He does look awesome though... even with his belly button showing.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; June 26, 2014 at 01:41pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow! Awesome New Adventures shots at the end there Dan! I particularly liked Skeletor leading the Mutants and the whole NA cast together at the end. Great ideas for pictures!

Unfortunately, this figure is marred by Reubenization; the bulky armor which looks atrocious AND gummy hands which lead to his weapon not staying secure. It's a pity...the one NA figure that everyone seemed to like and overcame "being lame because it is a New Adventures character" has issues which seem to knock it back down again.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

This guy is August? Then what is July? Just Flogg?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Gummy hands and bulky armour cannot detract from how psyched I am for this guy. As always, seeing the NA characters in Classics scale is one of the main allures of this line for me.. can't wait until September (international post!)

And, Dan, if you get a few minutes, and chance you can take a picture of NA Skelly with the battle damaged Faker head on? Much appreciated, and thanks for the review Mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    This guy is August? Then what is July? Just Flogg?
    There's something extra if you have Club Etheria, too!
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

I'm fine with the bulky armor, but that belly button being shown totally kills the illusion they were trying to go with the armor-skin. I guess he'll have to be in a hunched over all the time.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Looking at the shoulders closer, I don't think they are backwards. The muscle definition seems correct, and the sculpt on the back of the shoulders matches the sculpt on the back of the arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the hands are non-removable.