Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Giants Subscription is now LIVE

Court Magician Wonderbread He-Man's Avatar

MOTU Giants Subscription is now LIVE

Yep, I subbed up. I know some people won't, but I did.

I have a feeling these are a pretty low run. And if they're not, and they end up discounted later, I'll just pick them up as extras. But for now, I subbed. I can't be the only one!

You're not, I also purchased one sub. Nice that they give you a $5 price break if you sub.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

At this point, I really only think I'll get He-man and Skeletor. So I don't think I'll go for the sub. You save about $5 per figure by subbing, right?

I'm in, after some deliberation. I hope to get the same thrill when I open the box that I did when I was a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    At this point, I really only think I'll get He-man and Skeletor. So I don't think I'll go for the sub. You save about $5 per figure by subbing, right?
    Yep, $5 off per figure when you sub. So basically, when you sub, you get a free ($5 footlong) sub!

I got one, even though I'm not a fan of the He-man. I'm sure my I'll like him more in hand.

Wow...$70 per figure....a $5 discount!

Sorry, still too damn much for something I could care less about.....Pass. Make em cheaper like $30 and I'd buy He-Man & Skeletor....that's it. $70 - $75 per figure....nope.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbread He-Man View Post
    Yep, $5 off per figure when you sub. So basically, when you sub, you get a free ($5 footlong) sub!
    Or if you don't sub, you get 14 5$ footlong subs!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I just ordered a few subs!!

He-Man's head is a bit wonky, but I'm quite impressed with the rest, especially Skeletor!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Indeed! I'll be right back! *runs to Subway*

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Well, I hope you guys enjoy these.

I certainly hope the run is lower so the sub goes through. I can't help but speculate that the sales for these just won't be all that strong.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Do they have a meter?

(I'm not buying them.)
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

I think they are making the 4 giant figures shown at SDCC regardless of whether a sub goes through or not. I think they'd already have these in production by now. Whether there is any continuation in 2015 may depend on how many subs bought for these 4. I'm not really fussed if it doesn't go past the 4 already shown, but I did want them anyway, so why not save a little money and subscribe.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

Heroic Podcaster
    If the packages had been true reproductions of the 80s originals, just on a larger scale, and He-Man's head was, um, better, I would have subbed for these. I like the Giant Star Wars stuff but these just seem like knock-offs in comparison. Like Matty did no research into larger toys and just said, "Hey, big SW sells, lets blow up He-Man!" without looking at the reasons WHY big SW sells.

Sorry, not good enough. I do hope the sub sells out though, both for those of us that like them and so that Mattel still knows MOTU sells. I like the minis but I have serious concerns over those if Matty goes sub-only...
    ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I just ordered a few subs!!

He-Man's head is a bit wonky, but I'm quite impressed with the rest, especially Skeletor!!
    For me they're too expensive, especially during this time of year but I was thinking of getting just Skeletor only when he's on sale but decided to just forget about it. He's sporting He-man's arms and that to me is very unimpressive on the part of Mattel. If they make BA Skeletor with his correct arms, then chances are higher I'll get one but not this cheap version being shown this year. Its cool for those that like this line of figures, I hope it is a success and more are released even better.

They dropped the ball on these giants, especially the main important characters, for shame!!
    Last edited by Count Judas; September 10, 2014 at 03:20pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I really wanted these to be done correctly. When people are already asking for a 2.0 figure for the main Hero. There's something wrong. But....as much as I love vintage a might bite. But I won't be subbing for only 4 figures at $300.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbread He-Man View Post
    Indeed! I'll be right back! *runs to Subway*
    Sub for MOTUC Giants and you feed a man for a day (sort of)...teach him not to sub and you feed him for 2 weeks.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Dude, that was funny!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I only want Skeletor from this lot of 4. No sub for me. I would've gotten He-Man, too but -- that hair!

Sub for MOTUC Giants and you feed a man for a day (sort of)...teach him not to sub and you feed him for 2 weeks.
    Walk away from Matty altogether and I'm guessing you can feed him for a lifetime.

Won't be subbing, but I will get Skeletor for sure. Maybe He-Man but I'm still on the fence. For those that subscribed how was the shipping charge compared to DR's shipping on smaller items?
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod/Multibot
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Not subbing, but will probably pick up Skeletor. Maybe He-Man if the fix the head, but I doubt that'll happen.

If you are buying a sub based on speculation, thinking it will increase in value, please let me know your reasoning. I am always interested in a new case-study.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Great going guys !

Now we are at 985789906434567 subs. Lets keep going...... We can do this !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm not subbing for the giants. I'm waiting for the minis next month. That's when the 2015 minis sub goes on.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah