Thread: What are the most popular/hard to get figures from the MOTUC line

Widget

What are the most popular/hard to get figures from the MOTUC line

Just started collecting and wanted to know which figures are both popular and hard to get at the same time? I can't seem to spot the original Teela or the Horde Troopers for a decent price, are they hard to get or is it just not having the right auctions on eBay right now?
    Last edited by RedDevilAde; May 31, 2015 at 03:12pm.

Teela, Beastman, Shadow Weaver, Horde Troopers, Swift Wind, Fisto are popular due to some of these factors: Low numbers available (All the mentioned), never reissued (Teela, Fisto, Horde Troopers), Subscription Exclusive figure (shadow weaver)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Also add Tri-Klops, Scareglow, Whiplash, and Sorceress to the above mentioned.

Also Hydron.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Also Hydron.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Also Hydron.
    But aside all Hail Hydron comments, you'll also see Roboto and The Goddess as kind of expensive figures because of an issue that they have. Roboto's Torso tends to crack and the Goddess has a problem with her crotch crumbling. Be careful when buying those. Same thing with Snout Spout. The foam-like Material on his trunk tends to crumble. Seeing as he'll be getting a 200X head with the 200X Sub Exclusive headpack, demand for him has increased. Clawful, Buzz-Off (who a while back was hard to get rid of... like Hydron today), Grizzlor, and Sy-Klone will be getting heads on that headpack, so demand for them should be increasing due to that.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    I think teela beastman sorceress horde troopers ram man jitsu sorceress scareglow goddess roboto whiplash shadow weaver king greyskull trap jaw mantenna based on what I've seen. Maybe wundar and queen Marlena light hope and stinkor
    Last edited by degra; May 31, 2015 at 08:49pm.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Optikk, SDCC He-Ro, Color-change Orko, and the 1st issue Skeletor (with open hand) seem to maintain higher secondary prices as well.

And also, pretty much any of the subscription exclusives.
    DESPERATELY need ThunderCats Minimates series one!!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Teela, Beastman, Shadow Weaver, Horde Troopers, Swift Wind, Fisto are popular due to some of these factors: Low numbers available (All the mentioned), never reissued (Teela, Fisto, Horde Troopers), Subscription Exclusive figure (shadow weaver)
    Teela was definitely run again.

I bought three of the first one back in 2009. Then in 2013 (I think), she was sold during Black Friday... I bought another... Her serial number was different than the first three from 2009... And the hair and boots were slightly different shades than the 2009 version.

That's pretty much a solid case for their having been a second (or third) run.
    A Want List of Sorts: Saurod, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Dragstor, Perfuma, Dare, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter, Prahvus, Veena, King Chooblah, Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Snake Mountain, Filmation Variants, Roton, and all the other POP & NA characters.

Widget
    Great information guys, thank you, it's good to know to see if an auction price is justified or just the seller taking the mick.

Karati is going to be a ball-buster commanding high dollars. Good luck with the little scamp. Actually, all the ones mentioned are sought after for high dollars. Some other tough-nut figures I will add are Shadow Beast, King Randor (the '86 version), Battle Armor Faker, and Wun Dar (with map). Have fun and get ready for a long ride.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Bronze King Grayskull!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, like what they said.

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing is hard to get if you pay what one is asking. Ebay got everything. It's only hard to get an item fir a cheap price.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Nothing is hard to get if you pay what one is asking. Ebay got everything. It's only hard to get an item fir a cheap price.
    That's what I'm finding, my wallet has taken a big beating this month (I dared to pay some of the higher prices after seeing the comments here).
    Last edited by RedDevilAde; June 6, 2015 at 08:48am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevilAde View Post
    That's what I'm finding, my wallet has taken a big beating this month (I dared to pay some of the higher prices after seeing the comments here).
    Do it moderately. . No need to break the bank to have it now. They will always be there for the same price. Never buy it now. That's for amatures, always bid.. you will walk away with a better deal, also, know your limit so you get a deal, don't get caught up in the bidding war, that's how you over pay and get played. Just keep in mind, that item you want badly will always be being sold by somebody. It will always be there. I want the motu dvd box set.. I know it will always be there, so I know I will splurge one day and get it. Also want a sdcc king grayskull.. I know there will always be one being sold on ebay so I know one day I can splurge and get it.. no rush on things. You rush and not think when buying, you can find yourself with a heavy debt at once.. don't let this crap over rule your conscience or wallet.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Do it moderately. . No need to break the bank to have it now. They will always be there for the same price. Never buy it now. That's for amatures, always bid.. you will walk away with a better deal, also, know your limit so you get a deal, don't get caught up in the bidding war, that's how you over pay and get played. Just keep in mind, that item you want badly will always be being sold by somebody. It will always be there. I want the motu dvd box set.. I know it will always be there, so I know I will splurge one day and get it. Also want a sdcc king grayskull.. I know there will always be one being sold on ebay so I know one day I can splurge and get it.. no rush on things. You rush and not think when buying, you can find yourself with a heavy debt at once.. don't let this crap over rule your conscience or wallet.
    Good advice, I've definitely overdone it for the month. Got some good deals (I think) and overpaid on some Buy it nows as I really wanted the figures. I''ll take a rest for a bit and look just at auctions when I've calmed down a bit.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDevilAde View Post
    Good advice, I've definitely overdone it for the month. Got some good deals (I think) and overpaid on some Buy it nows as I really wanted the figures. I''ll take a rest for a bit and look just at auctions when I've calmed down a bit.

Playing catch up stinks. As it is these figures are 30 a pop. That alone gets pricey, but to add in the ones that are high in price really hurts. I do feel bad for those who came late.. The bright side of it, not every figure made everyone wants. Most just want what they had as kids.