Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC References ( Higuchi 1114, WR blueprint and others )

MOTUC References ( Higuchi 1114, WR blueprint and others )

Wanted to put down a list of the many references found written in MOTUC. Feel free to help out gathering
    all the information that might not be all that common knowledge.

*Lynda D'ream (from Scorpia's bio)
    The real name for Scorpia is a reference to Filmation voice-actress Linda Gary, who was the voice of Scorpia.
    She also provided voices for Teela, Sorceress, Queen Marlena, Glimmer, Entrapta and many others.

*Model-Kit Warrior Names (SDCC 2012 reveals)
    - Dittstroyer (Roton Model-Kit Warrior), reference to Four Horsemen employee Shane Dittsworth
    - Shield Maiden Sherrlyn (Attak Trak Model-Kit Warrior), reference to Four Horsemen employee Sherri Lynn Cook
    - Dawg-O-Tor (Talon Fighter Model-Kit Warrior), reference to Four Horsemen employee Owen “O-Dawg” Oertling

*Village of Nordling (mentioned in Spikor's bio)
    A reference based upon Village of Nordling in vintage mini-comic "Spikor Strikes!", that originally was a reference to mini-comic editor Lee Nordling.

*Wind Raider blueprint (from Wind Raider box)
    - Eternium location device (The mineral Eternium that powers Eternos is shown in Filmation episode "Double-Edged Sword" as well as MYP episode "Trust")
    - Photanium Wings (Photanium is the strongest metal and is shown in Filmation episode "She-Demon of Phantos")
    - Coridite plated fuel tanks (Coridite is a crystal that is seen in Filmation episode "Evil-Lyn's Plot". They add that Sorceress used Coridite to form He-Man's harness. Also in "The Gambler" there appears a Coridite Reactor that was supposed to power Eternia)

- Numbers under Duncan's name 82-06-22-02-11-14 (The way I read them they could be two dates. June 22nd, 82 and November 14th, 02. But never found out what exactly they referred to. Luckily Scott gave us an answer. They are start dates for both Wind Raider toys from production memos. mad props to Scott for helping with this one!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I asked Mary who is the writer on MOTUC and she confirmed that the dates on the WR are from old production memo start dates for the last two WR toys (the 2002 one never made it into production).

*TC Icarius Kaz (from Icarius' bio)
    TC in the real name for Flipshot refers to MOTUC project manager TC Chen, who worked on MOTUC Flipshot as well as vintage Flipshot-figure.

*Project Photog Sticker Names (logo for "Project Photog" seen at Power-Con 2011 in display case that has names Mason, Glenn, Long, Storm, Bitner)
    - Marlena Glenn ( Queen of Eternos )
    - Nathan Bitner (creator of Fearless Photog originally in 1985 for Mattel's Create-A-Character Contest)
    - Major Matt Mason (from Mattel's toyline Major Matt Mason. Mason was an astronaut and had a crew The "Men in Space")
    - Lt. Jeff Long (part of Matt Mason's crew)
    - Sgt. Storm (part of Matt Mason's crew)
    [photog sticker photoed by James "Sallah" Sawyer]

*Higuchi 1114 (mentioned in Queen Marlena's bio).
    Actual toy is a reference to the rifles Skeletor's Troops use in '87 movie. He-Man is seen with one said rifle on the DVD-cover (blue background).
    Name is a reference to Terry Higuchi who is one of the designers working internally at Mattel as the interface between the design team for MOTU and the Four Horsemen.

*Fighting Foe Men (mentioned in Vikor's bio)
    The Fighting Foe Men was a working title for the Evil Warriors when MOTU-line was being developed 79-80.

*Robot Model 9041 (mentioned in Roboto's bio)
    The vintage Roboto-toy's production code is 9041 to which the numbers in his bio refer to.

*Colored Dots on Wun-Dar (in Wun-Dar figure)
    The three colored dots on back of Wun-Dar's armor refer to Wonderbread company, with which the vintage figure is mostly associated (albeit without any real confirmation as being a give-away) with.

*Adora's Gun (toy accessory)
    The gun that came with Adora-figure, is modelled after the gun that Teela used in Live-Action MOTU movie.

Attached Images Attached Images

I had no clue about the Project Photog sticker names. After that I find it odd that TG said that there is no connection between photog and Marlena.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    The Man at Arms dates could be something that was released in 1982 and 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    - Numbers under Duncan's name 82-06-22-02-11-14 (The way I read them they could be two dates. June 6th, 82 and November 14th, 02. But I haven't yet found anything that corresponds to those numbers. For vintage date I think it might be a reference to toys but haven't found any source to confirm. Comic DC#47 came in July so it's not that.
    For modern-date the toys were in shops and cartoon was airing by then and comic didn't appear until december. So it's not any of those respectfully.)
    That should be June 22, 1982, not June 6th.

My guess is it's something to do with the original ship date for the Wind Raider for the vintage series and when the 4H had done their work on the Wind Raider for the 200X series that never came out.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    My guess is it's something to do with the original ship date for the Wind Raider for the vintage series and when the 4H had done their work on the Wind Raider for the 200X series that never came out.
    If they are something specific about Wind Raider that would be extremely awesome.

Is there any source to quote where 4Horsemen mention working on a Wind Raider for 2002-line?

If they are something specific about Wind Raider that would be extremely awesome.

Is there any source to quote where 4Horsemen mention working on a Wind Raider for 2002-line?
    The 4H talked about that, but they never worked on a 2002 Wind Raider. I I remember right they said the had seen a prototytpe, as the WR was being done in-house.

...Numbers under Duncan's name 82-06-22-02-11-14 (The way I read them they could be two dates. June 22nd, 82 and November 14th, 02...
    I perceived the 2nd date as February 14, 2011. Which is Valentine's Day, but could also be a design date for the MOTUC Wind Raider. The years line up a little better. However, now I feel sad if someone had nothing to do on Valentine's Day other than design the Classic's Wind Raider.

I understand that would eliminate the same pattern for each set of 3 numbers, but that's what I was thinking.
    Last edited by slackrguy; January 16, 2012 at 12:16pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

But no Marlena mention in Photog's bio....weird.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Freaking great thread! Jukka at his best!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Great thread!

I'd love clarification on the WR dates' exact meaning.

Also, I wish there was more meaning to the Project Photog and Photog beyond TG's statement about each using the same energy form... (or did I dream that?).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I definitely think we should mention Wun-dar, a reference to the mysterious Wonder Bread He-Man from the vintage line. Also, remember the colored dots on Wun-Dar's back mimic the dots on Wonder Bread packaging.

Also, Adora's pistol is a reference to the pistol used by Teela in the movie.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I habe no proof for it, but a while ago I heard rumors that some of the real names in the new bios actually are based on Mattel employees and/or friends of them. Anyone in the know about that?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I definitely think we should mention Wun-dar, a reference to the mysterious Wonder Bread He-Man from the vintage line. Also, remember the colored dots on Wun-Dar's back mimic the dots on Wonder Bread packaging.

Also, Adora's pistol is a reference to the pistol used by Teela in the movie.
    Thanks. I'll add those to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I habe no proof for it, but a while ago I heard rumors that some of the real names in the new bios actually are based on Mattel employees and/or friends of them. Anyone in the know about that?
    If anyone can confirm that, it would be very cool information.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If anyone can confirm that, it would be very cool information.
    Mattel confirmed it. The "TC" in Icarius' name is based on TC Chen who worked on the original AND MOTUC Flipshots!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ndthedesignstc

We also gave Icarius the real name "TC Icarius Kaz" as a tribute to him. Thanks for everything, TC!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Mattel confirmed it. The "TC" in Icarius' name is based on TC Chen who worked on the original AND MOTUC Flipshots!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ndthedesignstc
    Thank you very much!

Information updated!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    This is a really cool thread!

Funny thing is that we just had Scott on Gooble this past weekend, and we asked about the date on the Wind Raider box. He didn't have any definite answer on if those numbers really stood for anything in particular, but we were all pretty sure that the 82 and the 02 each stood for the years of the previous two MOTU toy lines.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I asked Mary who is the writer on MOTUC and she confirmed that the dates on the WR are from old production memo start dates for the last two WR toys (the 2002 one never made it into production).

Also, something around here reeks of patchouli....Man that scent is not my favorite (yet strangly nostalgic)
    Last edited by Toyguru; January 19, 2012 at 05:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    This is a really cool thread!

Funny thing is that we just had Scott on Gooble this past weekend, and we asked about the date on the Wind Raider box. He didn't have any definite answer on if those numbers really stood for anything in particular, but we were all pretty sure that the 82 and the 02 each stood for the years of the previous two MOTU toy lines.
    Yeah I asked Penny to do my dirty work there..

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

Also, something around here reeks of patchouli....Man that scent is not my favorite (yet strangly nostalgic)
    Awesome. Thank you Scott for this! I was hoping the dates would be Wind Raider-specific. Adds to the coolness-factor!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Jukka, there's Spikor's bio where he comes from the village of Nordling. It's a reference to mini-comics editor Lee Nordling.

But where did the Laser Gate in Frosta's bio originate from?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Jukka, there's Spikor's bio where he comes from the village of Nordling. It's a reference to mini-comics editor Lee Nordling.
    The village of nordling is also in the minicomic Spikor Strikes.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Were there any pics of the 200X Wind Raider prototype? I've never heard about it til now.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Were there any pics of the 200X Wind Raider prototype? I've never heard about it til now.
    Seconded! I hope one day the stuff from 200X that never came out gets leaked or shown off in some way. If there was anything that didn't get made into Stactions, that is.

Aren't the 3 Fighting Foe Men the names of people who work for the Four Horsemen?

Also, wouldn't Lt Spector's head sculpt being based on Scott count here too?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Thanks! Updated thread!

But where did the Laser Gate in Frosta's bio originate from?
    Well Laser-Gate was originally mentioned in MOTUC Mini-Comics and it's basically Filmation Dimensional Portal but for some reason they gave it the name Laser Gate. Have not
    found out yet the reason for this way of calling it.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the name 'Grey' in Castlegrey skull was the name of one of the writers girlfriend,....now that the castle might make it in to the line,
    ( the info is from the power and honour book I think)