Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flutterina Arrival Thread

Flutterina Arrival Thread

After a long, hard day, I just sat down to open some MOTUC goodness that was left on my doorstep this morning.

Flutterina? I have to admit, I like her A LOT better in person than I thought I would. Flutterina is an awesome figure from head to toe.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by I, Harbinger; August 15, 2014 at 02:15am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Flutterina is a surprisingly cool figure - although I did get a few odd looks when I opened her and posed her lol

I love the bright colours and her face turned out pretty good.

No QC issues but her sword was warped.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

The more I look at Flutterina's face, the more I think...

...Didn't she seduce Conan and turn into a werewolf?

Flutterina is really, really impressive. It's amazing what happens when you arm these gals up with something other than a staff or the signature PoP shield
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Her skin tone is also noticeably darker than most of the caucasian females in classics, which brings some welcomed variety, but also perfectly compliments her color scheme. And she really does have one of the most interesting female faces in MOTUC imo.

And maybe it's just mine, but both of mine seem to have one eyebrow just ever so slightly raised which makes her look very confident, like she's more than ready to use that pink hilted sword if even slightly provoked. She somehow looks and feels very much a badass fantasy warrior in hand rather than some silly butterfly woman. THIS Flutterina would've put up a damn good fight against Despara.

Widget
    I haven't seen this anywhere, & I've been ANXIOUSLY awaiting finding this out (w/ preferably pics to boot!):

?: * can FLUTTERINA's WINGS be reversed so the all PINK Wings can be faced forward at all! I like this figure A LOTn except I really can't take those wings all the time. My x2 nephews & I play w/ my MOTUC figures (except my MIB collection & unopened 1's I wouldn't buy doubles of like Standor or Granamyr). I just want to know SO BADLY if she can be displayed w/ her PINK wings facing forwards & still fully function as she would normally, or close to it! PICs would be SOOOO GREATLY appreciated guys! Thanks 4 any help you guys can give me! - invisibleboy

fluttsreversed.jpg They seem to work the same both ways. And you know, I really liked the original wings but there is something to be said about the simplicity of the pink wings.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    I haven't seen this anywhere, & I've been ANXIOUSLY awaiting finding this out (w/ preferably pics to boot!):

?: * can FLUTTERINA's WINGS be reversed so the all PINK Wings can be faced forward at all! I like this figure A LOTn except I really can't take those wings all the time. My x2 nephews & I play w/ my MOTUC figures (except my MIB collection & unopened 1's I wouldn't buy doubles of like Standor or Granamyr). I just want to know SO BADLY if she can be displayed w/ her PINK wings facing forwards & still fully function as she would normally, or close to it! PICs would be SOOOO GREATLY appreciated guys! Thanks 4 any help you guys can give me! - invisibleboy
    Last edited by jastiles; August 15, 2014 at 10:41pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    fluttsreversed.jpg They seem to work the same both ways. And you know, I really liked the original wings but there is something to be said about the simplicity of the pink wings.
    Jasti, THANK U My FRIEND! I LOVE that she can be more Filmation like this! As Absolutely DISAPPOINTED as I am w/ the earlier The GREY Rebellion figures (She-Ra, Frosta, Netossa) & the TOO-TALL GLIMMER, & Desperately NEEDS PAINT APPS/shading Sweet Bee, & Double Trouble's Neck up catastrophe, I'm SOOO GLAD FLUTTERINA look SO GREAT! I am completely warmed up to Mermista's Hairline & love her now, & SPINNERELLA, love her but am VERY disappointed by her price point but especially her NNON_REMOVEABLE wrist gauntlets/ribbons (I wish they were clip on/over regulare plain bracers)....But I must say that the POP figures are at keast hit & miss, instead of MISS & miss like the older MOTUC days!

But I had NO strong desire for Flutterina, but NOW I love her classics look, & you sir MADE my night, I will 90% of the time "play" w/ Flutterina in her more filmation guise w/ her PINK WINGs going forward! ! more thing, is that your Flut pic Jasti???? THANKS AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    Jasti, THANK U My FRIEND! I LOVE that she can be more Filmation like this! As Absolutely DISAPPOINTED as I am w/ the earlier The GREY Rebellion figures (She-Ra, Frosta, Netossa) & the TOO-TALL GLIMMER, & Desperately NEEDS PAINT APPS/shading Sweet Bee, & Double Trouble's Neck up catastrophe, I'm SOOO GLAD FLUTTERINA look SO GREAT! I am completely warmed up to Mermista's Hairline & love her now, & SPINNERELLA, love her but am VERY disappointed by her price point but especially her NNON_REMOVEABLE wrist gauntlets/ribbons (I wish they were clip on/over regulare plain bracers)....But I must say that the POP figures are at keast hit & miss, instead of MISS & miss like the older MOTUC days!

But I had NO strong desire for Flutterina, but NOW I love her classics look, & you sir MADE my night, I will 90% of the time "play" w/ Flutterina in her more filmation guise w/ her PINK WINGs going forward! ! more thing, is that your Flut pic Jasti???? THANKS AGAIN!
    You're welcome and yes that's my pic. I went and switched around the wings and took it. If there's anything else you want to see let me know!

Looks like I'm going to have to buy another set of Flight Stands.... I'm sure Flutterina will look very nice in a floating pose. I don't really want Sweet Bee, but in a floating pose too with her helmeted head....she might look decent.... So, second set of Flight stands it is....I know the stands made me like Sy-Klone a hell of a lot more being posed in his "Tornado" flying pose than just standing looking out of place on the shelf holding a shield.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeah, im 99.9% sure her wings attach via two symmetrical circular pegs into two symmetrical circular holes and the wing hinges move pretty much 180degrees in either direction, so I don't see why she couldn't be displayed w her wings flipped to pink. I just left the house for the night or I'd try it and snap a pic.

Flutterina has butterfly wings and a pretty pink sword. It's kind of hard to get past that. But when I look at the shape of her face and her skin tone, i realie that she's a dead ringer for that witch who seduced Conan and turned into a werewolf.

She looks really impressive. Glad she came though the design process looking as impressive as she did at the prototype stage.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Flutterina is awesome, I love her so much. So happy to finally have her in Classics, she was my very first POP figure way back in the 80s, so there's lots of nostalgia there for me. One of the best months this year for sure.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm also very excited to see this lovely creature arrive by post- and MAN, do I have plans for the second one I get!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

She is gorgeous mine arrived this morning and im very pleased with her

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

I'm so happy with how she's turned out, she's really great. The paint apps on her are so nice and the gold in particular looks really good.

You're welcome and yes that's my pic. I went and switched around the wings and took it. If there's anything else you want to see let me know!
    Dang you, dang you to heck!

Now I have to get a 3rd one so I can do that...LOL. You are eeevil!

I never would have thought to do that, definitely neat having two looks!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Dang you, dang you to heck!

Now I have to get a 3rd one so I can do that...LOL. You are eeevil!

I never would have thought to do that, definitely neat having two looks!
    Glad I could help! Are you going to leave the pink ones as they are or attempt to mod them to have the small blue spots like the Filmation design? I thought about getting a second one and painting blue spots on the pink wings.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really liking Flutterina! A big surprise for me as I was dreading the figure....
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Really liking Flutterina! A big surprise for me as I was dreading the figure....
    Nice pics. I think after it's all said and done Flutterina will be one of the sleeper hits of the line. No QC issues and a great translation from prototype to final figure. I think she's definitely the best female figure of all the Great Rebellion figures released so far.

Wow, those are some fantastic pics!

Glad I could help! Are you going to leave the pink ones as they are or attempt to mod them to have the small blue spots like the Filmation design? I thought about getting a second one and painting blue spots on the pink wings.
    Haha, think I will keep them pink for now. I parts swap but haven't ventured into painting yet.

Nice pics!! That was a fun setup
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Nice pics. I think after it's all said and done Flutterina will be one of the sleeper hits of the line. No QC issues and a great translation from prototype to final figure. I think she's definitely the best female figure of all the Great Rebellion figures released so far.
    I agree. I don't have mine yet, but from all the pics and reviews I've seen she looks like she came out perfect. Can't wait until September.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!