Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Man.Org Snake Mountain Fan poll! Scale it down? Charge more? Vote today!

He-Man.Org Snake Mountain Fan poll! Scale it down? Charge more? Vote today!

Click here to vote.

At SDCC, Mattel commented that they were looking to keep the price 'around the $300 mark', but that they would likely have to reduce it in size to bring it in at that price. And, in the last answer session provided, Mattel stated they were going to scale the first prototype we saw at SDCC down by about 10% to 20%.

Would you rather they scaled it down a bit to bring it in for around $300? Or would you rather they kept it at the size it was revealed at and charge more for it? Or do you have no interest in it at all?

Vote today in this fan poll! You don't have to be registered to He-Man.Org to vote. Spread the word to fans you know, and be sure to vote before Sunday, August 2nd, 2015 at 11:00 PM EST.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

I voted:
    plan to buy it depending on what changes are made (if the size or sculpt or paint apps are drastically reduced, and the figures look awkward in the gateway or in the shackles, then it's a no-go for me)
    I want the SDCC version and would pay more to get that size
    Gimme that bluetooth speaker
    Reduce the accessories, but offer them later (personally, I'll be facing my SM frontwards and won't be able to see what's going on in the back of it anyways, so the Bone Throne isn't a "must" for me)
    Baena for the art, por favor!
    I'll pay for it upfront.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Voted to keep everything the same as shown at SDCC, electronics, size, accessories...the whole shebang. Also voted for Rudy Obrero (sp?) mainly for consistency's sake as he did the MOTUC Castle Grayskull artwork, not that I have anything against Nate. And as far as paying, I don't mind providing my CC info as long as nothing is charged until Snake Mountain ships. I don't trust Digital River to charge me the amount at the beginning, then should anything happen months later and Snake Mountain doesn't happen for whatever reason, for them to reimburse my full amount back.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 23, 2015 at 03:05pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just voted.

I plan to buy Snake Mountain no matter what.
    I want the Snake Mountain I saw shown at SDCC, i'd rather pay more to get the size we've already seen.
    I do not want the bluetooth speaker and prefer to put the resources towards something else on Snake Mountain.
    I'm okay with them reducing the accessories (for example: The Bone Throne) in order to bring the price down. But I'd want those accessories released separately later on.
    Nate Baertsch for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull Icon Heroes statue box art.
    I'd like to pay an initial deposit and then pay the rest when it ships.
    Cats | Nikon | Transformers | Marvel Universe | Masters of the Universe Classics | Travel | Hobbyist | http://www.flickr.com/photos/denverernest/collections/

Keep the size and accessories the same. I'll pay for it. Or, alternately, release any cut accessories separately down the road if that works out for more people.

Electronics. Cool idea, but I could keep or lose it. It's fun to have, but I don't have to have it.

I voted Rudy for art since he did CGS, but Nate is awesome! I'd be thrilled with either of them!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Interest: I plan to buy Snake Mountain no matter what.

Size and Price: I want the Snake Mountain I saw shown at SDCC, i'd rather pay more to get the size we've already seen.

Technology: I do not want the bluetooth speaker and prefer to put the resources towards something else on Snake Mountain.

Accessories: I'm okay with them reducing the accessories (for example: The Bone Throne) in order to bring the price down. But I'd want those accessories released separately later on.

Artwork: Nate Baertsch for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull Icon Heroes statue box art.

Payment: I'd like to pay an initial deposit and then pay the rest when it ships.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Voted.
    I'm for the "all-in" but if something needs to get cut, I'd opt for the Bluetooth speaker and they can release the accessories at a later time...but within a few months of Snake Mt. getting released.

Just curious...is this just a fan poll or did somebody at Mattel ask you to do this?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Don't touch the size, I'll just have to pay more.

Mattel should go with a layaway plan and spread the payments out over a year. That way, we won't have to pay $400 all at once.

No electronics! They'll sell more playsets to international fans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 23, 2015 at 03:30pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Interest: I'm buying it, no matter what.

Size and Price: Reduce it to keep the cost low.

Technology: No bluetooth speaker and prefer to put the resources towards something else.

Accessories: I'm okay with them reducing the accessories but I want to buy them later on.

Artwork: No preferences here, I clicked Obrero for consistency but I really don't care much.

Payment: I'd like to pay an initial deposit and the rest when it ships.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA, 11 more to go! Vizar, Nocturna, Kayo, Sagitar, Artilla, Spinwit, Lizorr, Quakke, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn.

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I kind of wish that there had been some questions regarding what is the most that we'd be willing to pay to keep it at it's existing , with a few options (i.e. $300, $400, $500, $600, etc.).

For me personally, if I were given the choice between size reducing it by 10%-20% to keep it at a price of $300, or leaving the size as-is at a price of around $400, I would opt for the larger size at the higher price.

But if keeping it at that large size were to mean it would cost more like $500 or $600 or more, then it starts to go outside of my comfort zone for something like this, and I would prefer to hit some kind of "happy medium" between the size and price. Though odds are I would still buy it even if it hit those higher price points.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 23, 2015 at 03:59pm.

In the name of the Lloyd!

The version shown at SDCC was amazing but if it was much taller than a metre I probably wouldn't be able to fit it in my display room (I'm running out of space) So I want it shrunk down, but not too much!

Not too fussed about bluetooth, it'd be a cool novelty to show friends who're looking at my collection but other than that I'd never use it.

I'd like the throne accessory but could do without the rope ladder, not actually sure what the other accessories were.

I voted for the Rudy Obrero box art but I'm sure I'd be happy with either artist.

A deposit option is the most preferable to me, I didn't expect it to be a similar price to CG. I assumed it was going to cost a lot more

• I plan to buy Snake Mountain no matter what.
    • I want the Snake Mountain I saw shown at SDCC, i'd rather pay more to get the size we've already seen.
    • I'm indifferent about the bluetooth speaker.
    • I'd rather the set was done with all accessories already shown, regardless of how much that increases the price of the playset.
    • Rudy Obrero for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull playset box art.
    • I'd like to use a 'lay away' payment format that let's me have a portion debited each month until the total amount is paid.

With regard to the payment options, I'd actually be OK with any of them, outside of full payment up front. If it was a deposit w/the rest upon shipment, the deposit should be non-refundable, unless they scrap the idea altogether.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I'm back on the forums, and I voted:

• plan to buy it depending on what changes are made
    • Big, like it was at SDCC
    • I want the bluetooth speaker (it's really cheap anyway) and did you know why it is called "Bluetooth" ? This is a reference to an Old King from the North of Europe having Blue Tooth lol. That's why the symbol is made with Nordic Runes... It was invented by Ericson. So, it's a Viking touch.... we need it !
    • We need the Filmation Table inside but the Throne can be sold separatly... I will buy it anyway lol
    • For the Art, honestly.... I love both Guys... Rudy and Nathan... So I voted freetext: RudyOrNathan lol
    • I can pay an advance and the rest when it will be shipped.

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Here are my votes:

• I plan to buy Snake Mountain no matter what.
    • I want the Snake Mountain I saw shown at SDCC. I'd rather pay more to get the size we've already seen.
    • I'm indifferent about the bluetooth speaker.
    • I'm okay with them reducing the accessories (for example: The Bone Throne) in order to bring the price down. But I'd want those accessories released separately later on...WITHIN 3-6 MONTHS.
    • Nate Baertsch for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull Icon Heroes statue box art. (Though I would also be happy with Rudy).
    • I'd like to pay an initial deposit and then pay the rest when it ships. (Maybe around $50-$100)

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Actually I Would rather everything is included for Snake Mountain, I do not care about bluetooth speaker.

I would rather that's Rudy who paint the artbox since he did the Castle Grayskull box.

I am not really sure about the size of the playset, I don't know if CG looks like too tiny in comparison with SM or if with the point dread added that will be ok. But anyway not more than 10% imo.

IF they could provide a pic with both in same pics but with talon fighter to see if the sizes of both playsets is are together
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; July 23, 2015 at 04:32pm.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

that was an awesome display, but that's INSANE to display unless you have a HUGGGGE ROOM for that thing. if you have the room, congrats. I wanna visit that room soon

but I do agree on .. NO ELECTRONICS, more accessories, payment plan and a cool box art and let the fans decide on what characters to be placed on box
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    This kind of question is irrelevant if we dont have precise details...

By the way, the only thing that cant be reduced is the door, must be scaled to a MOTUC figure.

I dont care about electronics in order to keep the price.
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Just Voted :-

1) I plan to buy Snake Mountain, but it depends mostly on the price - Anything OVER 375 + Shipping Is Tough Ask For Me !

2) I'd rather they scaled it down smaller to bring it down to the $300 mark. - I Am Sure That I Am Minority In This ! But 10% Reduction Is Not Going To Make Me Feel Sad ! Its Impossible To Get Cartoon Accurate Size SM, So................

3) I want the bluetooth speaker that links to the app proposed at SDCC. - Its A Cool Feature ! Why Would I Want To Miss That ??

4) I'm okay with them reducing the accessories (for example: The Bone Throne) in order to bring the price down. But I'd want those accessories released separately later on - I Have No Problem In Loosing "Underplayed" Bone Throne To Keep The Price Under Control. BUT........ I Want To See That Later !

5) Nate Baertsch for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull Icon Heroes statue box art - No Offence To Rudy ! But He Had His Prime With MOTU ! Now, Its Nate's Time To Shine !!

6) I'm okay providing my credit card during my purchase but I don't want anything charged until the playset is ready to ship. - Well, I Successfully Purchased 2 CG's That I Pre Ordered ! So, I Am Willing To Keep My Money On MY Hands Until SM Ships Out ! Furthermore, Its Digital River We Are Talking About, And I Don't Trust Them Paying Upfront Since They Have Screwed Me In The Past !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    GOD IS THERE !!!! Because He Has Given My Filmation Variants ANNNNNNNNNND MY Filmation Skeletor !!!

I was shocked to see my name in the poll, thank you!!!
    And thank you all for the support!

Regardless who gets to do the art, I've no doubts it'll be amazing. As I've said elsewhere in these forums, I would love to if given the opportunity, and it would be something I wouldn't take lightly or rush through that's for sure.

But to be fair, I can think of a good bunch of artists I would love to see this job go to as well!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    They could prob change a grand and I would still be in, so clearly I am in regardless. Keep the size the same, or bigger!!!

Keep the same size shown at SDCC (I personally will not buy it if it is shrunk down and looks silly with the figures, it's a mountain for gods sake.)

I can live without the bluetooth (buy a speaker if you want one)

I would like all the accessories shown (I would either pay more to have them included or buy them separately down the road. The size of a snake Mountain is more of a concern.)

Art.. There are many qualified artists. As long as it has a dark feel to it like the original box art.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Val, will the results of this poll be made public and will they be given to Mattel?

Master of Time &amp; Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I'm buying Snake Mountain regardless... I voted to keep it as shown at SDCC with the scheduled additions not yet revealed. I will deal w the cost and size.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    --I plan to buy Snake Mountain, but it depends mostly on the price. (I will not spend more than $300 or so)
    --I'd rather they scaled it down smaller to bring it down to the $300 mark. (And I don't need it to be that big).
    --I do not want the bluetooth speaker and prefer to put the resources towards something else on Snake Mountain. (Utterly pointless feature).
    --I'd rather the set was done with all accessories already shown, regardless of how much that increases the price of the playset (I'd rather see the bluetooth go.)
    --Rudy Obrero for the box art! He did the Castle Grayskull playset box art. (Great job on Grayskull art)
    --I'd like to use a 'lay away' payment format that let's me have a portion debited each month until the total amount is paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Val, will the results of this poll be made public and will they be given to Mattel?
    I was going to ask these same questions. Hopefully it's a yes and yes answer.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!