Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Widget

Cancelled 2010 subscription for their error

Like a lot of people, I received the 2009 subscription cancellation e-mail. So I didnt know what to think when I received another email about two weeks ago informing me my 2010 subscription was cancelled. I called customer service and they told me I returned my Adora figure and disputed the charges. I didnt of course and told them that I have the figure and my bank account was charged for the transaction. They told me they would escalate it and I would here back within 72 hours. I didnt of course and called back about four days later and they informed me that they couldnt reinstate my subscription because I returned the january figure, I explained again that this was an error because I didn receive it. I also explained again that I didnt dispute any charges and that my account had been charged. They once again told me they would escalate it. Three days ago, I look at my bank statement and there is a credit for my january figure. So I call again and explain that I didnt want a credit, I was happy to pay for the figure I own and I just want my subscription active. They told me they couldnt reactivate my subscription and they would have to escalate it. I asked if I could speak with the escalation team but they said they dont have a number to transfer me. So now my subscription is cancelled and I received a FREE Adora figure that I am more than happy to pay for but they dont beleive me. All I want is my subscription reactivated, I dont understand how they can cancel my subscription and turn down a customer. SOOO ANGRY

I got this same e-mail! I even received Adora and I still got this e-mail saying my subscription was cancelled because I retured it. I didnt return it! Now they gave me a credit for Adora even though I never returned the figure. They messed up and my subscription is cancelled. I called them and told them I paid extra for the subscription so I expect it to be reinstated, they said they would escalate it, Yeah right!
    Last edited by Gon-dor; February 5, 2010 at 10:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is exactly what´ s happening to, but I haven´t received Adora. It was shipped to the wrong address and when ups returned it my subs got cancelev automaticaly. Who and how can this be resolved????
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

My 2010 sub seems to have canceled itself, but they didn't send me an email.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar

Like pulling teeth

I just changed my address on their site, so hopefully, it won't become an issue...I was trying to do it via e-mail, rather than on the site. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
    ~RK
    Last edited by Starshine; February 12, 2010 at 11:37am. Reason: Problem resolved...I hope
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

My issue with Digital River currently is that they say they have no way of changing a billing address that's attached to a subscription. I know this isn't the case, they were able to change it for my 2009 subscription. You get a different answer to the same question depending on who you talk with at that company!

I guess at least they were finally able to change my shipping address! Didn't get that accomplished until there'd been four emails and three phone calls.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior

BIG Worries here:

I had a large order on 12/15: Reissue Skelly, Goddess, 12" Egon & 6" Winston.
    I got the order confirmation and when I checked the order history, I noticed the goods were shipped altogether to the Netherlands. Sofar still nothing. What should I do now?
    I had Adora from the Sub sooner and I expect Reissue Beastman end BA HM too near soon...

Rudy
    Wants: ALOT! I need: all US MOC's from the entire MOTU (classic line). 6 or 12 backs and I prefer the "NEW" -version MOC's, at least C9 or better!
    Can I dream? I sure CAN!

Heroic Warrior

[B] "I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!" says Digital River Customer Service rep[/B]

"I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!" says Digital River Customer Service rep
    So Like many of you I tried to order Ole Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat and and was unsuccessful. So I decided to call Digital River and spoke to a customer service rep about my dilemma. After I I calmly explained my dilemma the customer service rep said "there is nothing I can do" and I said I understand that. I then asked him if they were going to offet Trap Jaw and Battle Cat at a later time,

He then replied rudely, "I DON'T KNOW!!!" "I DON'T CARE" "I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A BATTLE CAT OR TRAP JAW OR NOT!!!!!!"

He practically yelled at me!!! I said could you repeat that? He said nevermind. I said what do you mean never mind??? I asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me to hold on and just had me sitting there. I wasn't on hold or anything cause I could hear the call center in the background. So I asked him where was he located. He then told me the Philippines. I then asked his name and he said it was BASIO (BUT THAT I COULD CALL HIM BILL!!!)

When I asked for a supervisor again, HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!

***. Neeless to say I am upset. How can a customer service rep talk or act like that with a customer???????

I am shaking in anger right now.

I sure hope that Scott (ToyGuru) reads this. he needs to see what kind of service we are getting here.

So give this a read Toy Guru

Heroic Warrior
    I too was hung up on today after being on hold with Digital River for over an hour!

This is what happened to me and many others today:
    I was trying to order Battlecat and Man At Arms today. I had Battlecat in my cart, but there was a glitch over and over again with trying to order MAA from his order page. I finally had to go to the Feb. 16th order page to get it to work. Once that finally worked, I entered my $8 off promo code for Battlecat. After submitting my credit card info and waiting nearly 10 minutes for it to go through, I received another error message. Due to this glitch, I was unable to order BC. Ugh.

Court Magician
    When did He-Ro go originally go on sale? Because I just received mine a few weeks ago after months of rangling and calls and pleas to their customer service department over not getting my order. In dealing with them, it is clear that they don't know their way around the site, and they seem to have no care over whether the customer goes away satisfied or not.

Widget
    My subscription was "canceled", too. They are supposedly are going to get back to me but I haven't heard anything yet. Of course, like a lot of people, I was unable to order any of the figures that went on sale this morning even thought I started trying right when they went on sale. There's something wrong when a toy line aimed at fans can't even get the product into the hands of the fans that want to be supporting it.

I ordered a 2010 subscription last year and went through the process, but never received a confirmation email. just up until the tail end of last year I had assumed I had renewed my subscription, but started to worry since I didn't get an email, so I started checking in with them to verify.

Every single email starting in October I got from them started with (and it boils my blood just remembering it), "We're apologize for the inconvenience..." and then went on to say that I will receive an email when the figures ship out.

Right up until the end of December, I kept replying and saying that I understood that, but I wanted to know if my subscription ever went through. And still kept getting the same reply.

As it turns out, when January came along, I got a nice little email that my subscription had expired. So I lost it because the system messed up, and no one could understand a very simple question and give me an equally simple answer.

Just a, "We're sorry, but it looks like there was some glitch and your subscription request was lost," would have been better than running in circles for 3 months.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

this is my problem,

last year i bought two subcriptions with my credit card, but on september my credit card was damage so i was forced to change it, so i send a email to matty to ask if any problem with the change of the credit card and they respond me this

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We show that the credit card registered in the order number 7398920515
    is Master Card *******XXXX

In order to update your credit card information pertaining to your
    order, please follow the steps below.

1. Please go to: http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...isplayHelpPage

2. Click on the "My Payment Information" link under the My Account
    section.

3. You will be prompted for your Email address and Password. (Used
    when placing your order. If you have forgotten the password, you can use
    the "Forgot Password?" link on this page.)

4. Click the "Login" button

5. Click the "Add New Payment Method" link found on the right
    under, ?Saved Payment? option.

6. Complete the requesting fields and click the "Save as default"
    option.

The payment method will be saved and future subscription charges will be
    made to the new credit card.

Sincerely,
    Michelle A.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com
    Email ID: 13237320

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
    Hi, i want to know if my subcripcion with orden number
    Order Number: 7398920515
    Order Date: 8/14/2009
    Order Status: Order in Process
    Billing Address:XXXXX

Was made with my old credit card, i change it, my credit card on my
    profile , but i want to know if that ill works with the new one.
    because the january figure auhtorization only was made with the old.

Thanks for all.

I did all that change etc, so i call them from Chile, to know if the change and the subcription will work with the new one, the girl check on her computer and she said me the new number of the creditcard will be charge

so i was happy, so on january i recived my two Princess Adora from the subcriptions soo all ok but

yesterday i recived this

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

We're sorry but we were unable to renew your subscription due to a credit card authorization failure. To learn more about the status of your account, contact Mattel at 952-253-1234 or use the link below to look up your order and contact Customer Service.

Subscription Details:
    Original Order ID: 7398920515
    Customer ID: 52574483213
    Order Date: August 14, 2009

Product Name Subscription Date Expiration Date Amount
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Club Eternia™ 2010 Mem 08/14/2009 02/17/2010 $20.00
    Club Eternia™ 2010 - J 08/14/2009 02/17/2010 $20.00

If you have questions about your order, please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
    MattyCollector.com Customer Service
    www.findmyorder.com

LOL, for my all sick today i tried to get 1 trap jaw from 12:00 but when the page work i read sOLD OUT , , i get one battle cat on my cart but when i checkout the message from this item Battle Cat is sold out

MEGA LOL

I hate mattel since now.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    My sub was not renewed because of failure to confirm credit card. I looked, my cc had been deleted from the site! I put it back in, called customer service, the first guy, "John," said if had taken care of it. He hadn't. He just forwarded me the renewal from LAST month! The second guy, "Julius," forwarded me to "Bill," in what was supposedly billing. He said he'd send my question to billing, and they'd either fix it, or contact me. They sent me an email explaining how to reenter my cc information, which I'd already done, and saying that future orders would be charged to it. I want THIS order charged to it. And if my sub IS cancelled, do I still get my Wun-Dar, since it was paid for last summer? Or am I out the 20 bucks AND my Wun-Dar?

And, ToyGuru? Can you give us some sign that you are actually reading this thread?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYMOTUFAN View Post
    "I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!" says Digital River Customer Service rep
    So Like many of you I tried to order Ole Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat and and was unsuccessful. So I decided to call Digital River and spoke to a customer service rep about my dilemma. After I I calmly explained my dilemma the customer service rep said "there is nothing I can do" and I said I understand that. I then asked him if they were going to offet Trap Jaw and Battle Cat at a later time,

He then replied rudely, "I DON'T KNOW!!!" "I DON'T CARE" "I DON'T CARE IF YOU GET A BATTLE CAT OR TRAP JAW OR NOT!!!!!!"

He practically yelled at me!!! I said could you repeat that? He said nevermind. I said what do you mean never mind??? I asked to speak to a supervisor. He told me to hold on and just had me sitting there. I wasn't on hold or anything cause I could hear the call center in the background. So I asked him where was he located. He then told me the Philippines. I then asked his name and he said it was BASIO (BUT THAT I COULD CALL HIM BILL!!!)

When I asked for a supervisor again, HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!

***. Neeless to say I am upset. How can a customer service rep talk or act like that with a customer???????

I am shaking in anger right now.

I sure hope that Scott (ToyGuru) reads this. he needs to see what kind of service we are getting here.

So give this a read Toy Guru
    Buddy, I hope you created a thread with this title over at Matty Forums, Cos It has to be aired over there, TG will check there and the Thread wont be merged
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Hi today i recived a email from them, saying my subcriptions NOW today 17th are in renewal condition and the order have a new number etc etc

thats great news for my wun-dars

but i didnt get the two trap jaw

and even BC yesterday,

HATE the RESELLERS!

Firstly,
    My packing slip says I was charged 1.34 tax for my Trap Jaw subscription figure. This is the first time I have been charged. Is this new? Will I pay tax for all the subscription figures?
    Secondly,
    I have my Trap Jaw figure in hand but none of my accounts have been charged for the figure. Free is nice but I dont think that helps Mattel out very much.
    The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must Follow, if I can,
    Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say.
    Bilbo Baggins

DR's customer service reps are a perfect example of how outsourcing can be a bad decision.

Like everyone else, I had missed out on Battlecat, Trapjaw fortunately was a sub. I was so angry I emailed Mattel, emailed the BBB, and called Digital River complaining calmly, he said there was nothing he could do because they were sold out, I did not believe that, and heard for a fact that Mattel never fully sells out of anything and keep a few for shows and stuff, though I did not bring that up. But he said he would put my report in the system to be looked at by someone higher up, but doubted anything would be done by it. I said I appreciate that he did that, and at least I know I tried everything I could do. That was Tuesday.
    Today Friday, I get a call around 9am from Digital River saying they got my complaint from Mattel and wanted to work out the problem. He sold me the 1 Battle Cat I originally asked for, and did not charge for shipping, only $2.63 tax. My account was charged right away, (even though I still have not been charged for TrapJaw and the stands, which I did receive today.)
    I was at a lose for words, and shocked. I thanked him, and told him of my surprise and appreciation. I got a order confirmation email from Matty, and guess I should expect my figure next week. Despite this shocking turn of events, I am still going to vote yes on the "everything" 2011 Subscription. And I guess I should take back my complaint to the BBB, and send a thank you email to both Digital River and Mattel.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Like everyone else, I had missed out on Battlecat, Trapjaw fortunately was a sub. I was so angry I emailed Mattel, emailed the BBB, and called Digital River complaining calmly, he said there was nothing he could do because they were sold out, I did not believe that, and heard for a fact that Mattel never fully sells out of anything and keep a few for shows and stuff, though I did not bring that up. But he said he would put my report in the system to be looked at by someone higher up, but doubted anything would be done by it. I said I appreciate that he did that, and at least I know I tried everything I could do. That was Tuesday.
    Today Friday, I get a call around 9am from Digital River saying they got my complaint from Mattel and wanted to work out the problem. He sold me the 1 Battle Cat I originally asked for, and did not charge for shipping, only $2.63 tax. My account was charged right away, (even though I still have not been charged for TrapJaw and the stands, which I did receive today.)
    I was at a lose for words, and shocked. I thanked him, and told him of my surprise and appreciation. I got a order confirmation email from Matty, and guess I should expect my figure next week. Despite this shocking turn of events, I am still going to vote yes on the "everything" 2011 Subscription. And I guess I should take back my complaint to the BBB, and send a thank you email to both Digital River and Mattel.
    Congrats man now if that would pull through for me as well as everyone else who lost their BC's due to DR's Blundering.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    You don't need to take back your BBB complaint. Most likely the treatment you received was in direct response to your complaint. They'll probably respond to the BBB in the next couple days stating what they did to address your issue, and then the BBB will e-mail you to show you their response. Then you just have to check off a box that basically says either "Yes, it was resolved" or "No, please re-open the complaint." It's a pretty easy follow-up process.

It's unfortunate that it had to get to that point, but glad to see you got help!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    5 international phone calls later and My 2010 sub is still 'Cancelled' despite my receiving Adora AND there being plenty of $$ on that card! Is there no way to shake that tree harder!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Bobubott View Post
    You don't need to take back your BBB complaint. Most likely the treatment you received was in direct response to your complaint. They'll probably respond to the BBB in the next couple days stating what they did to address your issue, and then the BBB will e-mail you to show you their response. Then you just have to check off a box that basically says either "Yes, it was resolved" or "No, please re-open the complaint." It's a pretty easy follow-up process.

It's unfortunate that it had to get to that point, but glad to see you got help!
    You make a good point, when they called he did say they received my complaint from Mattel, they were not responding to the complaint I sent them. And it very well could have been because of the BBB, because I know a lot of people called Mattel and DR, and have not heard anyone else receiving a call from DR to solve their issue.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Finally got through to customer service via phone. Spoke with a very nice, polite , well spoken lady who tried in vain to help me strighten out the mess with my Battle Cats. Basically in the end she said the figures were sold out, that my order had been unsubmitted, which i told her i already knew cause their site crashed in midprocess. I thanked her for her time and patience in dealing with me and she assured me that there had been no charge made to my card, she even told me she checked it four times over. I told her that i would contact my bank and find out if the charges had been placed back in my account if they had then i would not bother her any longer, yet however that if they were still missing that i would call back and wish to speak with her immediate supervisor. I'm tired of being angry about all of it, i just want my Battle Cats. I know everyone who didn't get theirs wants theirs too, and i want them to get theirs as equally as i wish to get my own. There has to be something done about this or i may just....
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar

Bad reply!!

I emailed DR about this delay in Shipping Confirmations:

Dear Sir,

I would like to find out why I have not received any Shipping
    Confirmations
    for these two orders: ........

This was the resopnse I got:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately the products that you ordered is currently out of stock. Although we do not have an estimated arrival date, we are working to obtain more stock as soon as possible.

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped and you will be notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge your card until the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

I mean really ... out of stock!! How do you sell stuff that is out of stock!
    -= CAN WE EVER HAVE ENOUGH MOTU FIGURES? =-

NO WE CAN'T !!

My problem hasn’t been solved yet… (I doubt it would be before the end of the year…).

DR still don’t know how to change a shipping method of a subscription.

I’ve just received my trap jaw figures and I had to pay 36 euros of taxes = 49 USD just because they can’t change UPS to International post.

Since I’ve already posted my problem on facebook (when TG asked to do) and since my problem hasn’t been solved, I will post on Matty forum… (Do DR know how to use a forum hum?)

I’m really disappointed…