Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    So I just hung up after talking with Kevin over at 1-877-229-3743 office. I got some info that I thought I would pass on:

1st issue-Subs shipping via Cornerstone Logistics

If at any point they have to reinstate your subscription after being cancelled, they will ship via Cornerstone Logistics as opposed to UPS. The way he tells it, their system does not give the option of shipping UPS when they have to re-enter subs that have been previously cancelled. So it sounds like it only gives options that are available on Matty Collector to their own internal C/S staff, as opposed to including the UPS option

2nd issue-Subs being charged three days earlier that the stated two business days before the sale

On this one Kevin admitted they still don't know what happened. He said his area (which is the front line in handling customer issues) has yet to be informed on why this occured. Additionally, he couldn't tell me whether or not this would happen again next month. His advise was to make sure the money is in our accounts at least 5 business days ahead of the sale date.

3rd issue-Subs being in a "Order processing" status for over a week

Unfortunately another brick wall on this one. Kevin said to his knowledge, the sub figures didn't get shipped until the day of sale. I pointed out to him that there are numerous examples amoung the subscribers for which that is not the case, myself included. He really didn't know what to say, other than to anticipate that even if we are charged 5 days early, the figures will more than likely not ship until the sale day.

All in all, not much new there. Most of the issues their front line C/S agents are completely clueless on how to address. Again, it's just more typical DR incompetence we've all come to expect.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; March 16, 2011 at 05:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Find my posts in this thread and call the number I listed. It's not the regular Matty number. You'll actually get someone that knows about the product.

1-877-229-3743
    Thank you so much. I called the other number and got a guy who said "I guess" way to much for my comfort. Called this number and got an actual confident answer and a solution.

Wonderful!

I am just posting the email I sent to them, it'll give everyone the adequate information.

Matty/Digital River,

I am emailing in reference to order number 9598149542. The tracking number (4202 3701 9102 9270 0400 8190 0814 23) for USPS.com notes that the package is in PORTSMOUTH, VIRGINIA and I live in Huntington, WEST VIRGINIA. My billing address and shipping address on your website lists my address as:

Troy A. Marcum
    Huntington, WV 25701

Not Portsmouth, Virginia.

This mistake is unacceptable seeing as how you've decided to go with a subpar, unprofessional inadequate shipping company (Cornerstone Logistics) and it already takes an additional 2-4 days on top of delivery (which is absurd) and now to get this corrected will take 3-4 days within your customer service department and then another one-two weeks for my BOUGHT AND PAID for product to arrive to the CORRECT mailing/billing address. Your company is already under heavy scrutiny for the amount of "mistakes" and "slip ups" that you CONTINUALLY commit and this is becoming beyond frustrating.

Please correct the issue ASAP.

Order Details
    Order Number: **********
    Order Date: 3/15/2011
    Order Status: Order Complete
    Billing Address:
    Troy Marcum
    huntington, WV
    US
    Shipping Address:
    Troy Marcum
    huntington, WV 23701
    US

Product Name Qty
    Battle Armor® Skeletor® Figure

* Boxed Shipment
    * Track Shipment: 9598149542
    * Quantity shipped: 1

Evil-Lyn® Figure

* Boxed Shipment

Vinz Clortho Figure

* Boxed Shipment

--
    Best Regards,
    Troy Marcum
    Simply absurd. Honestly, this company needs to go.
    Doc's Feedback (10 Positive!)

Awesome .Orgers!: bigassbuzz, brock_snyder, WDWFreak, madrage
    --------------------------------------------------
    Un-Awesome .ORgers!: Vorgon (impatient and unreasonable)

Enter the HYVE

Guess who's not getting a King Hssss and a BA Skeletor, because the package was "undeliverable"?
    ME!
    I needed to check if the address was correct... It was (I have not changed it since I began ordering in 2009)

*Update* Got an email form DR wait 72 hours... if that fails, I'm gonna call them! Calmed and collected
    *Second Update* It seems that someone refused the package LONG before it arrived at my Box at the Post Office. I lost the shipping costs from the first time, but Matty/DR allowed me to re-order...
    Last edited by DO4M; March 29, 2011 at 06:45pm. Reason: Updating status on my issue part deux
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

04/01/11: Every time I go to check out, my shopping cart automatically empties.

This has happened on two different machines and platforms today: one a Mac (BOTH Firefox and Safari), one a PC. Full cookies enabled in both cases. Both are machines I have ordered from successfully in the past 12 months.

Last month this happened, when I missed the first King Hiss issue, I got a patronizing message from DR to use a different platform this time. Well I did, same result.

They better fix this, it's not me anymore, or they can go to hell.
    "Listen, strange women dressed like birds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!"

Well, my order for Adora and Marzo was delivered to 32071 (Florida) instead of my address in CA, zip code 92071. Now I see this stuff is happening to many others. I got the same (please wait 72-hours email) response, and that the shipping company would be notified. Got some extra money and bought Evil Lyn the other day...she'll likely arrive before the two of them.

ALSO, has anyone else found that they aren't prompted to log in to the Matty Collector checkout site today? I was going to order Hssss today, but I'm not re-entering my credentials and creating another string of bad paperwork to muck things up. What the hell? Am I doing something wrong?

[update] My lost figures made it back home from their misdirection to Florida. Guess Marzo wanted to go to Joe Con...

As for the login issue, it was my browser...Firefox was giving me grief, but IE worked fine. Ugh.
    Last edited by GigaMach; April 5, 2011 at 02:38am.

My Preternia Disguise He-Man arrived with a chewed up tunic like he'd been eaten by a Preternian Dino, so I called customer service about a replacement only to have the service rep who answered the phone tell me that they had no recourse for damaged figures. So I actually had to explain to her that Matty did indeed hold back a number of each figure for customer service replacements, at which point she put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back she was up to speed and took my information and issued me a ticket number and said I'd be contacted by e-mail about a solution.

Well my replacement Preternia Disguise He-Man just arrived and it's a Battle Armor Skeletor I didn't need, and this is after I specifically made the customer service rep read back the name of the figure I needed to me on the phone to avoid any mistakes. Now I have to call back and try to explain this whole mess to someone new tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Awesome find this morning:
    I checked the status on 2 extra Bows and a Shadow Beast I had ordered and never arrived, and, surprise: I never got the shipping confirmation!
    So I checked the order history and the order doesn't exist at all! But I have my confirmation email!
    I immediatly sent an email, let's see how this develop this time

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I checked the status on 2 extra Bows and a Shadow Beast I had ordered and never arrived, and, surprise: I never got the shipping confirmation!
    So I checked the order history and the order doesn't exist at all! But I have my confirmation email!
    That's awful Emiliano!

Does anyone know how to cancel an order? My first order is incorrect and I was told to make another order and just refuse the first order when it arrives because "the system doesn't allow them to cancel orders."

Headache.

EDIT: I called two separate times AND e-mailed and I got the same message. This is not good.

DOUBLE EDIT: Will refusing a non-sub item at the same address as your sub figures cause your sub to be cancelled? Both reps told me no...but I've read horror stories here and I'm paranoid!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 15, 2011 at 06:42pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    same thing happend to me last year where i ended up getting 4 He-Ros 6 months later

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    So I just hung up after talking with Kevin over at 1-877-229-3743 office.
    Thank you SO much. I still haven't received my Feb order with Bow and Shadow Beast. I've called the "regular" number 6-8 times, getting no positive response. They always said it was taken care of, but yet nothing ever happened even after multiple conversations with managers.

I called the number you gave above, and an intelligent english-speaking fellow solved my problem in seconds. It's absolutely astounding! I'm keeping this number on file for sure... Again, thanks!

Yet another strike for Digital River

I got this lovely email today:

Dear Marcel Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize. It appears that a mistake was made while processing your order at our warehouse and instead of going out second day air as you had ordered, this order has been sent by USPS. Due to this mistake, it can take 7-14 business days for your product to arrive.

In order to help resolve this issue, we have refunded your entire shipping fee for this order. You should see this credit reflected on your account shortly. We apologize for this issue and assure you that we will work to make sure it does not happen again. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Jessica W.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service

OK, I am officially done with buying straight from Matty.
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    I got this lovely email today:

Dear Marcel Patrick,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize. It appears that a mistake was made while processing your order at our warehouse and instead of going out second day air as you had ordered, this order has been sent by USPS. Due to this mistake, it can take 7-14 business days for your product to arrive.

In order to help resolve this issue, we have refunded your entire shipping fee for this order. You should see this credit reflected on your account shortly. We apologize for this issue and assure you that we will work to make sure it does not happen again. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Jessica W.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service

OK, I am officially done with buying straight from Matty.
    At least they admitted they made a mistake and refunded your shipping.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Ok, so while I can't speak to how the delay itself impacts you, at least they proactively contacted you and refunded your full shipping amount. That is pretty cool, as I've had other companies not realize they messed up until I contacted them about a delay in delivery and then make excuses in an effort to get out of refunding the shipping.

I see this as more of a one-step-back, one-step-forward scenario... If it was me, they broke even on the customer service for this one.

at least they gave you "free shipping"... I've been less lucky with their errors... I've had to pay shipping TWICE because they sent my order to who knows where got it refused hand had to reorder (Last month)... Or due to a site glitch people have gotten Multiple orders made and those can't be cancelled (or so CS tells the customers)... Their option is wait until all of them arrive and refuse the rest... (losing the shipping costs)
    It sucks that you'll have to wait a bit more for your figs, but at least they managed to be somewhat helpful...

Not defending Matty/DR...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Yeah at least that's something. They admitted fault.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Well I guess you guys have a point, I was looking for my figure tomorrow or Wednedsay, and now I have to wait about 2 weeks. We will see if they indeed refund my shipping costs.
    My post count just got bigger.

I agree with everyone else. I think this is actually a positive thing for Digital River.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Yeah, the screw up sucks but admitting the mistake and free shipping is a win. My situation is going to be a big headache, I just know it.

I always prefer to buy the figures directly from Mattel (even with the hassle) because WHEN a figure comes defective (not if), they will replace it. If you buy it from a secondary source, you're screwed. Also, it's always cheaper getting them directly from the source.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Have a big issue with my last order.
    Ordered 2 Sy-Klones and 2 Moss Mans, but as four individual orders, so as to avoid customs (i'm in the UK)
    A while later my four confirmation e-mails come through, but for one SK, one MM, one Panthor, and one Grayskull stands!
    I definitely did not order the latter two items, and e-mailed them to say they had got my order wrong, but they ignored my mail and went ahead and charged me for those items and mailed them out (the Grayskull stands were not sent until today, 4 days after I e-mailed them, so they had time to correct my order).

Has this ever happened to anyone before?
    I'm not sure what to do now, seeing as they are ignoring my e-mails.
    I hope they won't expect me to pay to ship the incorrect items back as that will be extremely costly.
    And also Sy-Klone is now sold out so I doubt they will be able to fulfil my intended order. Very very frustrating.

Fright Zone, either complain to your credit card company or do not pick up the items. Last time this happened to me i got refunded over 2 or 3 months and i never got the shipping money back. It was a complete mess that got me quitting the line and canceling the subscription.

I'm back to cherry picking thou...

Still no shipping notice, and my card has not yet been charged from my order on Friday.

Is this cause for a call to DR CS, or should I stay patient.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Here's a new one...tell me what you guys think.

I got an email a couple of days after the subs were charged, informing me that there was a problem with my card and DR was unable to charge me. I called my bank to make sure everything was cool (it was) and checked my balance (over $2000) so I had no issues on my end.

I called them (the US number) to see what the deal was. The guy told me that since the payment didn't go through (and he couldn't tell me why) DR essentially cancelled my sub.

He reinstated it, and told me that there would be no issues moving forward, but my shipment would be coming USPS, not UPS.

I said I understood, but wanted to confirm that since my sub was reinstated I would be going back to UPS next month.

No.

I would not.

He said that since it is a "new sub", it defaults to USPS and there was nothing he could do to change it.

So, this is GREAT. DR screws up the charge, cancels my sub and for the next 8 months, I'll be waiting 2 weeks at a time for my MOTUC swag.

Epic win, Mattel. Epic win.

Your decision to stay with Digital River reinforces just how badly you suck at customer service.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Called the good number this morning. Guy on the other end simply said that the shipping side wasn't open yet and he'd get back to me with why my order has been neither charged or shipped. Are they actually good at getting back or should I call again in a few hours when everything may actually be open.

I hope this has nothing to do with them idiotically charging my expired card despite my default card on the site being my new one (I don't have a sub) I managed to order one of everything on Friday and I really don't want to be screwed out of a Panthor et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

He said that since it is a "new sub", it defaults to USPS and there was nothing he could do to change it.

So, this is GREAT. DR screws up the charge, cancels my sub and for the next 8 months, I'll be waiting 2 weeks at a time for my MOTUC swag.
    This is horrible dude. I hate to hear this happening to people. Here's hoping I'm not the next victim.

Matty must have a real sweet deal going with DR to not drop them no matter what they do. They'll let DR get away with murder at the expense of their paying customers.