Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1588

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

  1. #1126
    Heroic Warrior Fisto69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    945
    Of course you can do whatever you like, but what i did when i was charged and received two figures was i wrote return to sender on the package of the second figure and mattel eventually refunded my money.

  2. #1127
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by afaddict View Post
    Honestly, I am done with them.

    I placed an order for some figures right at 12 noon today. My order sat there 20 minutes before it seemed to bomb out. So I placed the order again and it seemed to go through. I check my email and both orders went through, so I called Matty to cancel the second because their website was acting flakey (as it always does).

    The customer service rep and a manager both told me they would not cancel the second order and that there were no returns. I told them the issues with the site and they didn't care.

    I'm done. I called my credit card company to dispute all charges and I am canceling my credit card for a new one, so they can never charge my card again. I had 2 subs for all three 2013 subs but they will never get my money for them.

    Absolutely absurd.

    Thanks for the vent vine.
    I have been in this situation before but they charged me 3x for multiple toys! Lucky I was able to offload the extras but just like you, they didn't give a damn even though the error was a glitch from their site/ordering process!

    It is clear that Mattel is evil and lacks basic scruples. They are disinterested in their perceived image with end consumers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So the extra figures which you got at cost and could probably sell at a profit have made you sever all ties with the line and Mattel in general?

    Seems excessive.
    That is BS. I have several Mattel figures that refuse to sell and you only have to look at BBTS where they are discounting figures bellow what they originally cost on matty. I hate to break your fantasy but MOTUC is a pretty substandard collector line.

  3. #1128
    Widget
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10
    Edited the title for more civility. Sorry I was ******.

    Given how Matty's site and customer support has performed for me in the last year, I would say my rant is more than warranted. I never complain or write rant threads EVER, but I am just fed up with how they treat their customers.

    Yeah, can I call them up and yell and scream and they will probably cancel my second order. But should I have too? Seriously, to tell me they can't cancel an order even when it was their websites fault is just wrong.

  4. #1129
    Wraith Worshipper StaticX999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Hive Ship
    Posts
    2,473
    Quote Originally Posted by afaddict View Post
    Honestly, I am done with them.

    I placed an order for some figures right at 12 noon today. My order sat there 20 minutes before it seemed to bomb out. So I placed the order again and it seemed to go through that time. I check my email and both orders went through, so I called Matty to cancel the second because their website was acting flakey (as it always does).

    The customer service rep and a manager both told me they would not cancel the second order and that there were no returns. I told them the issues I had with the site and they didn't care.

    I'm done. I called my credit card company to dispute all charges and I am canceling my credit card for a new one, so they can never charge my card again. I had two of all three 2013 subs but they will never get my money for them.

    Absolutely absurd.

    Thanks for the vent vine.
    That's happened to me before, I called up after and they immediately took the 2nd charges off with no questions, I think you just got someone lazy, who hates life and their job

  5. #1130
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have several Mattel figures that refuse to sell and you only have to look at BBTS where they are discounting figures bellow what they originally cost on matty. I hate to break your fantasy but MOTUC is a pretty substandard collector line.
    I'm sorry you got done dirty through there faulty web and distribution site. But to be double or triple billed for the same order, on multiple occasions through what seems like a glitchy website may actually be (and usually is) malware on your end.

    Also sorry if anyone got stuck with extra Procrustuses or Granamyrs. That's gotta sting. Though if you happened to get extra Mosquitors, he'll be easy to turn around and net you "free" lunch to boot.

    As for MOTUC being a substandard collectors line- what other collector lines compare?

    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It is clear that Mattel is evil and lacks basic scruples.
    This seems a bit much.

  6. #1131
    No Rio? We Riot! TheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,617
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have been in this situation before but they charged me 3x for multiple toys! Lucky I was able to offload the extras but just like you, they didn't give a damn even though the error was a glitch from their site/ordering process!

    It is clear that Mattel is evil and lacks basic scruples. They are disinterested in their perceived image with end consumers.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That is BS. I have several Mattel figures that refuse to sell and you only have to look at BBTS where they are discounting figures bellow what they originally cost on matty. I hate to break your fantasy but MOTUC is a pretty substandard collector line.
    Did you quit the line because of it?

    I guess not.

  7. #1132
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That is BS. I have several Mattel figures that refuse to sell and you only have to look at BBTS where they are discounting figures bellow what they originally cost on matty. I hate to break your fantasy but MOTUC is a pretty substandard collector line.
    I'll agree that there are many MOTUC that just don't sell well at all, and I go on BBTS everyday, and almost a year later they are still sitting on the Star Sisters, as well as many other non POP VIntage figures, and others that are just not selling, and some have like 80+ left, and are selling at or below, or almost at DOS Matty prices....

    I looked in my collection yesterday and after looking them over, I'd be likely to only unload 5 or 6 out my almost 50 for next to retail price, even Shadow Weaver isn't demanding the high prices anymore, and the ones on Ebay are just ridiculous....$170 - $250....come on, someone slap those people with reality....

    I sold many of my Transformers Classics/Universe/Generations figures years after the fact, and I got almost 3 times what I paid for many of them....I got $250 for my Ultra Magnus / Skywarp set with like 20 bids....um, I only paid $20 for it back in 2007....I don't see any MOTUC going for that kind of scratch, MOTUC will just be like 200X once the line is done.

    In no way am I saying the line is not full of great sculpts and figures I love my Classics....problem is, outside of us MOTU fans....no one cares, Transformers has a much wider audience and much wider promotion....Almost everyone knows He-Man, but not that many care.

    But I do have to admit, the 3 Transformers movies, left me meh, and now 4, after being told it was to be a reboot, now is a continuation from DOTM 5 years later or something???? Really? Come On!

    And I see Granamyr being on BBTS clearance in a few months....he's up now for $129....no friggin way! $80 was more than enough to have to pay for him....for $50 more, they can keep him....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 18, 2012 at 11:28pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #1133
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    And I see Granamyr being on BBTS clearance in a few months....he's up now for $129....no friggin way! $80 was more than enough to have to pay for him....for $50 more, they can keep him....
    I thought about this as well, but with MOTUC you just never know which figures will sell out and which ones will collect dust.... I didn't want to take the chance on a figure I have been waiting almost 30 years for. I'm sure the timing of the sale has had an impact as well as price...

    If BBTS has him for a long time, he will definitely go on clearance - both Megator and Tytus did.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

  9. #1134
    Widget
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10
    Update.

    Spoke with customer escalation at Matty. Basically was told if it shipped USPS, then there is no way to cancel an order. Just UPS orders. Whatever. Said I could refuse the package. Only problem is i'm not home during the day and the Postman just leaves the package. Told me not to call my credit card company and do a chargeback because Matty will flag my credit card and cause all sorts of problems ordering from them in the future. Well, I don't think I have worry about that since I won't be ordering anything anymore anyway. It's an easy way out of getting their subs for next year too.

    Mattel needs a better handler for their website, period. I'm not getting stuck with duplicate product I know isn't worth half of what they charge, including the ridiculous shipping costs.

    I will be posting my MOTUC figs (about 60 of them) after the holidays. Stay tuned.

  10. #1135
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,874
    Before throwing the baby out with the bathwater, if you can get out of your sub, have you thought about buying from second hand sellers so you don't have to deal with Digital River? I can understand your frustration, I just wouldn't let Digital River kill your joy of being able to collect MOTU.

  11. #1136
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Hello I am pretty sure this is where I post this. I Ordered 2 DC universe figures from Matty this past sale date. Platinum and Lead. I was trying to complete my Metal men set. Anyway here is what happened.
    I receive my package for them on Saturday. The package was in great shape no bends or crushes still sealed. I open my package and low and behold i am greeted by 2 White mailers for drum roll please.... Mosquitor!?!?!?!?! Now as i noted above I ordered Platinum and Lead NOT Mosquitor. So I checked my packing slip It did indeed say Platinum and Lead.
    So I contact Customer service via e-mail. I got a e-mail back saying to send all relevant info name phone number e-mail etc...You know stuff they should already have on file. They said they would e-mail me a UPS return label for the Mosquitors within 1-2 business days. So I send them the info. 2 hours later I get a response to the email asking for THE EXACT SAME INFO again and they will forward the info to the claims department and that will take 3-5 business days. Note this email was part of the email with My info ALREADY ON IT!
    Anyway here is the biggest kick in the head. After i sent that email I went to make a copy of the packing slip in case i have to include it for any returns. I pic up the Mosiqutor mailers and notice on of them is light?!?! I open the mailer... AND IT IS EMPTY!!??!?! So not only did they send me The wrong items but one of them isn't even there! So instead of my 60+ dollar DCU order (with shipping) I get a $20.00 Motuc Figure and an empty mailer?!??! not to mention I already have my subscription Mosquitor figure coming with my Late Procrustus.That should be here by the end of the week. Hopefully that box will not be full of Ghostbusters toys.
    I have had a Subscription with them since they started I almost quit a few years back but stuck with it all the same. This is the first time I have had a problem. I most note i did not renew my subscription for next year. So I am not saying it is a little fishy this happened on my last (or 2nd to last because of late procrustus) But you must admit it is an odd coincidence.
    Thank you for reading my tiny rant. I am very sorry for my grammar I do not type often but i thought I should share This. If anyone else had a problem like this one I would like to know. Like i said this is my first and only Problem in what has it been 4,5 years.

  12. #1137
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,475
    Just wondering: Could I call up Digital River or Mattel's escalation department and cancel a subscription before it takes effect?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  13. #1138
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,874
    I'm pretty sure they don't allow you to cancel subscriptions. But, I seem to remember hearing conflicting things about that.

  14. #1139
    Heroic Warrior JOXE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    567
    The way to "cancel" a subscription is to not have funds when the charges kick in, and ideally keep your account or credit card fundless for at least 2 weeks after. They'll try charge you 2 or 3 times, and if it bounces every time you'll loose your sub. That's how i stepped out of my 2012 sub

    Now i have a 2013 sub which i want to keep (so far) but i have this issue:

    i need to change the shipping address ASAP and i customer service is asking for my credit card security code. I said NO, you're not supposed to ask me for that code, i'm not giving it.

    So i guess i'll have to wait until the "subscription portal" is functional "around January 10th" IF you believe the official statement, which i don't. This portal should allow you to change your addresses online, but right now i have to do it over the phone and CS is asking for my card's security code.

    Do not trust. What to do?
    .

    See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

    My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

    =)

  15. #1140
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    56
    Anyone have some advice here?

    I changed my shipping address in September 2012. My October and November packages were subsequently shipped to the new, correct address. However, my December shipment somehow went to my old address and was delivered. I never got it.

    So, I called and the first reply encouraged me to go to my old address and see if it was there. I did. It wasn't, and I also let them know it's not my problem. My second reply said they have now changed my mailing address in their system, but they can't do anything about the December shipment.

    What. the. heck. This is completely unacceptable. I changed my shipping address in SEPTEMBER. Two subsequent orders successfully acknowledged that. I can't help that DR somehow slipped up and reverted back to my old address. They are completely stealing my money now and giving me no compensation. I let them know that. Anything else I can do? Should I call?

  16. #1141
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,513
    How long does it usually take to get a Matty shipping slip from UPS, they told me 48 hours & now it is past that...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  17. #1142
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by testo24 View Post
    Anyone have some advice here?

    I changed my shipping address in September 2012. My October and November packages were subsequently shipped to the new, correct address. However, my December shipment somehow went to my old address and was delivered. I never got it.

    So, I called and the first reply encouraged me to go to my old address and see if it was there. I did. It wasn't, and I also let them know it's not my problem. My second reply said they have now changed my mailing address in their system, but they can't do anything about the December shipment.

    What. the. heck. This is completely unacceptable. I changed my shipping address in SEPTEMBER. Two subsequent orders successfully acknowledged that. I can't help that DR somehow slipped up and reverted back to my old address. They are completely stealing my money now and giving me no compensation. I let them know that. Anything else I can do? Should I call?
    I'd keep calling. I'm not sure what more there is to do but continue to push back. Post a Question on the matty collector board to one of the Admins for Help.

  18. #1143
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    847
    Called to change my card for my MOTUC & Watchmen subs 3 days ago & was told to wait 2 days for an email. Nothing. Called today & was told I was bumped to high priority, and to wait 2 more days. This is my first time dealing with DR. They both were very nice & seemed to actually know what they were talking about. Thing is, I seem to have heard this 2 day story a few times here on the org. Am I worrying for nothing? If I miss Ram Man I'll be super bummed.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

  19. #1144
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,590

    Ever refused an order from Matty?

    Have you ever refused delivery of a package from Matty? I did, and despite their promises of a refund, as of right now it's been 35 days and I've gotten nothing from them. Is this normal? Should I worry?

    I could simply dispute the charge on my debit account for that order and my bank would reimburse me. Then the bank would contact Matty to get their funds back. Would that cancel my sub or create a problem with me ordering from Matty in the future?

    A little back story may be in order...

    I ordered a couple of Vykrons during the "Better than Black Friday" sale on Matty. Actually, I had my girlfriend order them for me while I was at work, but that is neither here nor there.

    What I wanted was one 'Space Ace' and one 'Tank Top'. She ordered two 'Tank Top'.

    I called Matty's customer service line a few days later and told them about the error. They said there was nothing they could do to alter my first order of two Tank Tops and that I should simply place a second correct order and then refuse delivery of the first package when it arrived and the charge would be refunded.

    I did just that. I refused the incorrect order on 12/01/12. Here we are at 01/05/13 and I've called Matty a dozen times to check on the status of my refund. Matty says they can see that it was refused, but the order has not arrived at there warehouse and I cannot be refunded until it arrives.

    I figure 35 days is long enough, even for Digital River and Matty.

    Had anyone had a similar experience?
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  20. #1145
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,110
    Normally it takes a bit for them to refund (minus shipping) the amount. About a few days (to two weeks) AFTER they confirm that the package arrived to them. Keep in mind that these last two weeks had a Holiday each, so that may have delayed things a bit. I'd say give'em a call just to make sure.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  21. #1146
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Just a quick update: If any one was interested. It has been over a week since i notified customer service and have yet to receive my UPS return e-label. which was supposed to take 1-2 Business days then 3-5 business days. Either way I emailed them again to ask about the return label so we will see what happens. Also the procrustus and mosquitor i DID order arrived today safe and sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Narcartus View Post
    Hello I am pretty sure this is where I post this. I Ordered 2 DC universe figures from Matty this past sale date. Platinum and Lead. I was trying to complete my Metal men set. Anyway here is what happened.
    I receive my package for them on Saturday. The package was in great shape no bends or crushes still sealed. I open my package and low and behold i am greeted by 2 White mailers for drum roll please.... Mosquitor!?!?!?!?! Now as i noted above I ordered Platinum and Lead NOT Mosquitor. So I checked my packing slip It did indeed say Platinum and Lead.
    So I contact Customer service via e-mail. I got a e-mail back saying to send all relevant info name phone number e-mail etc...You know stuff they should already have on file. They said they would e-mail me a UPS return label for the Mosquitors within 1-2 business days. So I send them the info. 2 hours later I get a response to the email asking for THE EXACT SAME INFO again and they will forward the info to the claims department and that will take 3-5 business days. Note this email was part of the email with My info ALREADY ON IT!
    Anyway here is the biggest kick in the head. After i sent that email I went to make a copy of the packing slip in case i have to include it for any returns. I pic up the Mosiqutor mailers and notice on of them is light?!?! I open the mailer... AND IT IS EMPTY!!??!?! So not only did they send me The wrong items but one of them isn't even there! So instead of my 60+ dollar DCU order (with shipping) I get a $20.00 Motuc Figure and an empty mailer?!??! not to mention I already have my subscription Mosquitor figure coming with my Late Procrustus.That should be here by the end of the week. Hopefully that box will not be full of Ghostbusters toys.
    I have had a Subscription with them since they started I almost quit a few years back but stuck with it all the same. This is the first time I have had a problem. I most note i did not renew my subscription for next year. So I am not saying it is a little fishy this happened on my last (or 2nd to last because of late procrustus) But you must admit it is an odd coincidence.
    Thank you for reading my tiny rant. I am very sorry for my grammar I do not type often but i thought I should share This. If anyone else had a problem like this one I would like to know. Like i said this is my first and only Problem in what has it been 4,5 years.

  22. #1147
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    This is Matty we are talking about. They probably don't even know what to do about a refused package when they cannot even figure out how to ship packages properly to begin with.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  23. #1148
    Heroic Warrior CanadaClassics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orleans ON Canada
    Posts
    1,485
    First mistake - don't listen to the reps.

    I refused a matty package back in the summer same thing error ordering rep said just re-order and refuse - through UPS - the matty label was not correct - so UPS could not return it. UPS called me and said we can't deliver this the address is not correct. I called DR and Matty gave me a specific DIFFERENT return address to address the package for return. They said they would send UPS to pick up - never did. I called 2 weeks later and they said we will refund you the full cost of the order - keep the figures.

    I would be worried about refusing delivery if things aren't marked properly - espsecially in the mail - can't be tracked. I watched the UPS package sit in the UPS warehouse online while they tried to get it delived back to the address on the box.
    2015
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !


    MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

  24. #1149
    Court Magician DrumMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37
    Hi,

    I had a similar problem few month ago.
    I placed an order for september sales and due to a website error, 4 orders were made instead of one.
    I called the customer service and they said that I had to refuse the extra packages.
    We are now at the same point you described : packages have been identified in sweden but didn't arrived at the warehouse and still not refund ...
    Something wrong it seems ...

  25. #1150
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    457
    I know it is not the same but, here is my story.

    I purchased Horde Prime back in august (I guess), usually it takes one month to get here. The problem was that the package never arrived. I didn't complain at the moment because sometimes it takes more than 2 months for the packages to arrive. Four months later I received a mail from matty telling me that I was going to get a refund for the figure. So it seems that the label was damaged or something and they returned it, but it took approximately 3 months to return to them. After receiving the e mail I got the refund a month or two later.
    So, be patient. Take into account that I didn't complain and finally I got the money back. Obviously I am not happy because I lost the shipping cost and I don't have the figure But even with all the complains at DR they always helped me...slowly...very slowly...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •