Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well first if it did not require a signature then why was it just not dropped at your door? If it did require a signature then they are breaking their own statement

I mean their site even says

UPS policy is to attempt 3 times then hold it for 5 business days before going back. I think someone is pulling your chain there and blaming Digital River for their mistake. Not that Digital River is not horrible but it seems UPS is not your friend in this situation either and basically assisted to screw you
    I have told my driver to have me sign for anything, bc I don't have a covered entrance to my house. I don't know what's going on...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Does anyone know of a way to completely bypass the first level of DR customer service? They don't seem to be able to do anything, really. Even when they told me they changed my shipping address, I still had thing shipped to my old address.

I am SO GLAD I didn't order a 2011 sub, the DR headaches I feel are worse than the WSOD headaches.

OK, Today I recieved the following e-mail:

"Dear rhea king,

We have recently canceled the following subscription.

Subscription Details:
    Original Order ID:
    Order Date: July 28, 2010

Product Name Subscription Date Expiration Date Amount
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Club Eternia™ 2011 01/13/2011 02/12/2011
    $0.00
    Masters of the Universe 20 01/13/2011 02/12/2011
    $0.00

If you have further questions, please call Mattel at 877-GO-MATTY or contact
    Customer Service at http://www.findmyorder.com"

I called Matty twice entering in my order information and was hung up on. The 3rd call, I didn't enter the info and waited on a customer service rep. Her name was "Lynn." I told her that I recieved the e-mail and asked why it happened. She said my credit card had rejected it. I told her my debit card had been stolen and I changed banks and had updated my information in December (over a month in advance) and even when I log into the site my new card is listed as my funding source. She told me that the money was re-funded and they could not continue my subscription on my new card and then she hung up. I've sent an email explanation of the problem to customer serviceand right now am not sure what to do next.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Sorry to hear that, rhea. Good luck getting them to correct the problem, though.

I had a similar problem with my subscription this month. I changed my default card well before the sub was charged and shipped, yet my old card was charged. I called Matty and tried to explain the problem to a CS rep. He didn't seem to understand, so I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor didn't understand, either, so they said they would create a ticket.

A couple days later I got an email telling me how to change my default card on the website. I sent an email back and explained the problem I had. The response was that it was too late for DR to do anything about it. They wouldn't refund the incorrectly charged card and charge the correct one. I was told that I could change the card for future months, but it was never a possibility to do that for January.

It's getting a bit tiresome trying to deal with DR. No one seems to understand what is going on, and when they do, it's basically "We're sorry, but we can't help you now."
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

dr couldn't cancel my order (art prints).
    Last edited by Stefan81; January 23, 2011 at 05:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    dr couldn't cancel my order (art prints).
    So they cancel what shouldn't be and can't cancel what should be?

I'm a little more than irritated right now...
    Is been 4 business days, abs I've heard nothing. So I called back today, gave my order number# escalation ticket number & the guy had no record of any report being made on my order!
    Couldn't look up by ticket number.
    Did the whole process from Sat all over again!

I canNOT believe the incompetence of Digital River.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 27, 2011 at 12:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I canNOT believe the incompetence of Digital River.
    Neither can I.

Ordered the Palace Guards on 18 January, got the shipment confirmation email on 19 January.

Ordered the stands on 19 January, no confirmation email a week later... I sent an email asking what's happening, I got this reply:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Please email us back with your current shipping address to verify the
    information that we have.

We apologize for the inconvenience

I replied confirming my address (which was the same as the one that appeared on the order confirmation email they sent me on 19 January and the same address they shipped the Guards to...).

They replied:

We have verified that we have the correct shipping address for order
    number XXXXXXXXX.

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately your order is still
    being processed. At this time we do not have an estimated shipping date.

As soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped
    and you will be notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge
    your card until the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

What a load of nonsense! Of course the stands have been in stock all this time on their website (and they still are) so I have no idea why they are not sending them to me and why the order has not been processed for 8 days now.

It can't be the credit card either as I used the same credit card for the stands that I used for the Guards.

So they won't tell me why my order is stuck in limbo and they have no idea when it will actually ship.

Hopeless, just hopeless...

This is exactly why I am going to stop collecting this April. I am tired of the non-sense of DR. Nobody wants to step forward and fix a damn thing. So, my card expires this April, and I am done. If I want to continue, I will just pay ebay prices for what I want. I purchased a 2011 sub, and I regret it. Sick of it all, and the people that dont understand a damn thing when ya call them. Same old ****, different day. I actually thought about trying the whole update my card, ect.. But why should I? It will only cause me more headache, and this is supposed to bring me joy, not stress!! I love this series, and I hate to do this.. But, it just isnt worth it.

@ blindell: just do it! keep your sub. maybe it works. :-)

I called back Thursday evening, because I hadn't heard back from them within the promised 3 business days.

THAT was an interesting exchange.

I'm not going to quote the entire exchange, but the Reader's Digest version is that he had no record of an escalation ticket (nevermind the fact that I have the ticket # in front of me!).

So, it has been escalated AGAIN.

And this AM, I got an email that my sum has been cancelled???

I know that the sub is "cancelled" every month, then renewed when we're charged for a new figure, but the fact that I can't get anyone to give me a strainght answer about re-shipping Vikor is absolutely ridiculous.

And I love the way that the mods on Matty descend like bombers when I (or anyone else) says anything negative about Matty or DR, yet there's been no response (save a few members that have a shared experience) to my question.

Awesome job by the Matty people on the Matty site.

I'm about to call "Customer Service" back and see what's going on now...

The thing that makes it so confusing is that when I view my Order History, it shows every month that the Sub is CANCELLED after shipping and RENEWS the next month prior to my CC being charged.

So, when I see this:

Masters of the Universe 2011 Subscription - January Figure(202606800)
    Latest Order Number: 10115892914 Probable Renewal Price: 0.00 USD
    Latest Order Date: 8/4/2010 Status: Cancelled
    Billing Length: MONTHLY Expiration Date: 2/12/2011
    Next Renewal Date: 2/7/2011
    Billing Type: Auto Renew Quantity: 0

Is my only concern to be that I may or may not recieve Vikor? Does this tell me that Feb will continue with no issues and all I need to address on today's call is the re-shipping of Vikor?

Why can't things be ajust a little clearer? I'm a bright guy, but I swear, dealing with DR is like speaking a dead language.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 29, 2011 at 09:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why can't things be ajust a little clearer? I'm a bright guy, but I swear, dealing with DR is like speaking a dead language.
    I am going to pm you in a few mins with some contact info you could try
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

For anyone interested in the ongoing saga of my stands order which is stuck in limbo for no reason at all, here are the latest, hilarious developments:

I sent DR an email on 27 January saying:

Hi,

could you explain why my order hasn't shipped yet? You have the correct
    shipping address and the stands are in stock on your website (and have
    been since the moment I ordered them 8 days ago).

Your previous emails do not make sense. First, you wanted to confirm the
    shipping address, it has now been confirmed. Then you tell me that " as
    soon as we receive your product, your order will be promptly shipped"
    but the product has been in stock on your website all this time so what
    is stopping you from shipping it "promptly"?

I would appreciate a competent response please.

I got this reply on 28 January:

We show that the Estimated restock date for the Castle Grayskull®
    Diorama & Stands is on: 1/27/11 12:00:00 AM CST. As soon as we receive
    your product, your order will be promptly shipped and you will be
    notified via email. Rest assured that we will not charge your card until
    the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue might have caused you.

That's right, they keep insisting that they don't have any stands to send me even though they are still showing as in stock on the website and have been all this time!

But the incompetence does not stop here. They actually say that the estimated restock date is 1/27. On an email sent on 1/28...

I would have cancelled my order and bought some stands from ebay but of course there is no option to do that. Last time I waste my time ordering from them.

I called them today...I still didn't get clarification on the re-delivery date, but the guy DID confirm that I'm set to re-renew in Feb.

The problem in that the Reps there have no idea about the product, and you have to know EXACTLY what to ask.

He couldn't tell me a thing about my "cancellation" or my delivery, but when I asked (based on the assumption that the sub is canceled after every shipment and re-renews before every CC debit) about re-renewal in Feb, he could answer that.

That Mattel continues to use them is unbelievable.

================================================== ==========
    ================================================== ==========

UPDATE:

WOW!

I can't believe the incompetence of these ass-hats at DR...

I just got an email stating that my $$$ for Vikor has been refunded. Or, more accurately, that my "request for a refund has been fulfilled"!

***?

===================
    ===================
    ===================

Received this email this evening...

==========================
    Dear George Waters,

In order for us to permanently reinstate your subscription, we will
    require you to be on the phone with us so we can edit your order with
    the correct information and ensure that you still receive all the
    figures on your subscription.

Please call us at the following number so we can assist. Be sure to
    reference your order number when you call, so we can pull up your
    subscription.

Phone: 1-877-229-3743

If you are unable to call us for any reason, please reply to this email
    with a number where we can reach you and the best time to call so that
    we can assist you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
    Jessica W.
    ======================
    ======================
    ======================

I'll call them first thing in the AM and see what happens.

=========
    =========
    =========
    =========
    Final update.

I FINALLY got a DR employee that both speaks English AND knows what a MOTUC figure is.

We got everything squared away. Vikor is coming this week and my Feb sub is good to go for next week.

I'm so relieved, but it is just a bit nuts that it takes SO long to get to the point where one can actually speak to one of the 7 people at DR that knows what is going on.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; January 31, 2011 at 10:50am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Final update.

I FINALLY got a DR employee that both speaks English AND knows what a MOTUC figure is.

We got everything squared away. Vikor is coming this week and my Feb sub is good to go for next week.

I'm so relieved, but it is just a bit nuts that it takes SO long to get to the point where one can actually speak to one of the 7 people at DR that knows what is going on.
    Do you know who you spoke with and how to contact them? Maybe everyone that is having this problem should contact the person you spoke with. I think a lot of people are having this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback_ToyZ View Post
    Do you know who you spoke with and how to contact them? Maybe everyone that is having this problem should contact the person you spoke with. I think a lot of people are having this problem.
    Just dial the number in my previous post...its not the regular Matty number. Maybe that's the secret?

Subscribe to stay alive! Zargon's Avatar

CS don't know Jack (MOTUC)

I like many people have had various issues with Mattycollector's CS department. Everything from not getting items to getting them sent to the incorrect address after verifying that the address had been changed previously. Most of the time my problems were resolved, but I still have an open issue that is stressing me out.
    Last month was my first time having a subscription and both my address and credit card needed to be changed from when I initially signed up for the subscription in August of last year. We have moved to a different city and my former main checking account (the one originally tied to the sub) does not have a local branch (nearest one is about an hour away). We are working on getting this account closed, but cannot immediately for personal reasons. Anyway, well before Vikor would be charged to my account I contacted Matty about updating my credit card on file and my shipping/billing address. The CS rep that I spoke to seemed to barely speak English and had no idea what my subscription was or what MOTUC was for that matter. They told me that they could not change my cc information, but that they could change my shipping address. So I had them change my shipping address from my parents' address to my new address. I then immediately e-mailed CS to see if anything could be done about the credit card. Shortly (within an hour of my e-mail) the hypelink regarding changing your credit card on your subscription appeared. I thought, "well at least somebody knows what their doing at Mattel," and updated my information. Now I should get Vikor and all of my sub sent to my home and be charged to the correct credit card. Boy, was I wrong. Vikor was charged to the wrong card and sent to my parents' address.
    Since then I have edited my account online again by removing all addresses except my current one and eliminated the incorrect card. I have changed the card to default and use for subscription more than once. After I received Vikor, I called and spoke to a rep that had no clue as to what to do regarding my problem except that I should cancel my sub and reorder it. I asked if this was possible since the sub was no longer available for sale and they were dumbfounded.
    Now I am axiously awaiting the "renewal" e-mail that I have heard other orgers mention with hopes that it will show the correct cc, the amount to be charged, and the address to which it will be shipped. Last time, my sweet wife had to make a bank run to cover for Matty's error. Hopefully everything is straight and we won't have to make anymore bank runs....
    Last edited by Zargon; January 31, 2011 at 05:44pm.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: 2015 to survive - Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

In other news, I just got an email notification that the 2 Buzz-Offs that I ordered are being shipped.

2 problems with that...

1. Buzz-Off is sold out, isn't he?
    2. I did NOT order him...much less 2 of him. Already had him.

Now, do I call to return them at the risk of having my sub canceled again?

I swear to goodness, these people are depressingly stupid.

In other news, I just got an email notification that the 2 Buzz-Offs that I ordered are being shipped.

2 problems with that...

As to your first question, matty/DR always holds back a certain number of figs for returns/replacements.

As to your second question, no clue other than I believe BO was part of the 2010 sub (which may confuse your issue even more).

He is sold out to the general public but they always keep ~5% of the production run for returns/exchanges/selling at cons/sell off later in the year.

Do not call, I can bet you money that if you did they would just tell you to keep them. Digital River does not like to take returns of overshipped merchandise. Multiple orgers have had this happen and each time they call they are told just keep the figures, it costs more to return and reinventory them. Other orgers may call this fraud but the company is telling you to do it so blame them.

Not to mention everytime you talk about your account you run the risk of having something changed, so its in your best interest to only call them when they screw you.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

2 problems with that...

Similar thing here. I got an email confirming my "order" for Castle Grayskull Diorama & Stands placed on February 5, 2011.

1 problem with that... I did not place that order!!!

I have never, ever, seen a bunch of people as hopelessly incompetent as DR...

He is sold out to the general public but they always keep ~5% of the production run for returns/exchanges/selling at cons/sell off later in the year.

Do not call, I can bet you money that if you did they would just tell you to keep them. Digital River does not like to take returns of overshipped merchandise. Multiple orgers have had this happen and each time they call they are told just keep the figures, it costs more to return and reinventory them. Other orgers may call this fraud but the company is telling you to do it so blame them.

Not to mention everytime you talk about your account you run the risk of having something changed, so its in your best interest to only call them when they screw you.
    They did screw me...there's a corresponding $40 debit from my cc for the Buzz-Off.

So...what to do?

They did screw me...there's a corresponding $40 debit from my cc for the Buzz-Off.

So...what to do?
    You could try using the info I gave you and see if that helps you, seems like every time you get more help you end up getting screwed

You could try using the info I gave you and see if that helps you, seems like every time you get more help you end up getting screwed
    Well, I was going to let it go and try to sell the 2 Buzz-Offs, but Matty actually CALLED ME today.

It seems that when my February order was processed, Preternia He-Man and Shadow Beast weren't processed.

So I called them back and they canceled my original Feb order and re-did it.

She told me that everything was copacetic and I'd get a Feb cancellation email and a renewal email and that everything is good with my subscription moving forward.

While I had her on the phone, I went over the Buzz-Off issue and she said to simply refuse the delivery and she processed a refund while I was on the line.

Overall, a great experience with the US-based DR reps today.

Traveler
    So I got an email at the end of Jan saying that my sub was cancelled. I had updated my credit card since ordering the sub because my other card expired.

I called the 31st and was told to expect a response 24-72 hours. I got no response.

I called on the 8th and was told that they would reopen my ticket and to expect a response 24-72 hours.

I got an email on the 10th saying they were going to process a refund to my credit card.

I called today and was told they'd reopen my ticket again.

I was nervous given the timing, so thank god I checked this post. I called the 1-877-229-3743 number and spoke with a Dane. He got the issue, told me it is sometimes due to the fact that the order is placed so far in advanec that the credit card companies dont like that the charge takes so long until it comes through. He did something and immediatley I got the confirmation for Feb in my email. He would not confirm if I had not called if I would have ever gotten the figures, but I feel strongly I would not have.

Anyways, a little stress, but it worked out. Love the line. Call this number!!! And thanks to all you other .orgers too who help so we can get a proper resolution.

Wondering if anyone could help on this. I accidentally ordered twice as many Titus and Keldor figures as i needed on the 15. I called and canceled the order. I just received an e-mail that said the order was successfully canceled. However, my bank statement still shows the order as pending. Should I be worried that I'm going to be charged anyway, and not receive any of my merchandise. I really want to get back on Matty and order the amount of product I originally intended to order, but I can't afford to if the previous order is charged to my bank account. If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. Thank you.