Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by JoePanthor View Post
    Wondering if anyone could help on this. I accidentally ordered twice as many Titus and Keldor figures as i needed on the 15. I called and canceled the order. I just received an e-mail that said the order was successfully canceled. However, my bank statement still shows the order as pending. Should I be worried that I'm going to be charged anyway, and not receive any of my merchandise. I really want to get back on Matty and order the amount of product I originally intended to order, but I can't afford to if the previous order is charged to my bank account. If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. Thank you.
    You will not be charged, the pending is a authorization hold that stays on your card for a few business days (then usually falls off if you have canceled or gets turned into a real charge if you have not). If you log into MattyCollector and it shows the order as canceled and not Order in Process you should be fine.

Its standard credit card processing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You will not be charged, the pending is a authorization hold that stays on your card for a few business days (then usually falls off if you have canceled or gets turned into a real charge if you have not). If you log into MattyCollector and it shows the order as canceled and not Order in Process you should be fine.

Its standard credit card processing
    Thank you for the info. This is what I was thinking, but its nice to hear it from someone who has more knowledge of such procedures. Your post made me feel confident enough to place a second order. Thanks again.

So I contacted them about a replacement for Bow (He's got some Goddess crotch area issues) and they said they'd create a ticket and the usual company line.

However I have no clue as to what they'll send me.

I told them that the issue was with Bow - but the man insisted that the subscription figure was Shadow Beast and *NOT* Bow. Then he put me on hold for like 10 minutes and came back talking about the accessories for Preternia Disguise He-Man. Then I explained to him again that it was Bow and an issue with the upper thigh/hip area and then he gave me the ticket number and said that he passed it on to escalation that my figures didn't come with a leg and then we got disconnected.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

Not getting my Club Eternia figure

On 2/10, five days before the sale opened for Feb, I got a notice saying my subsription didn't renew. Turns out DR was still running my old credit card. I called on 2/11 to get corrected. 2/14 nothing, 2/15 still nothing got escalation sent. 2/18 still pending. Today 2/19 got confirmation that order is ready, but the PreEternia He-man won't be included. One of the biggest reasons I gott he subscripton was for the unique bonus figures. I did not get a satisfactory expiantion about why, and have to wait to get a responce. STILL no charge or oder completed for Bow and the Shadowbeast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sorcerer View Post
    On 2/10, five days before the sale opened for Feb, I got a notice saying my subsription didn't renew. Turns out DR was still running my old credit card. I called on 2/11 to get corrected. 2/14 nothing, 2/15 still nothing got escalation sent. 2/18 still pending. Today 2/19 got confirmation that order is ready, but the PreEternia He-man won't be included. One of the biggest reasons I gott he subscripton was for the unique bonus figures. I did not get a satisfactory expiantion about why, and have to wait to get a responce. STILL no charge or oder completed for Bow and the Shadowbeast.
    Make sure you keep fighting with them because you paid for the Preternia He-Man last year so that does not require the CC to be charged.

They cannot hold it back and if they continue to tell you this next week that then let me know and I can try to advise you further.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Got charged for 4 subscriptions, but only have 2

Great thing to happen in the most expensive month.

I cancelled 2 of my 4 suscriptions in July 2010 and it went well for Vikor:

Product Name Qty
    Club Eternia™ 2011
    Other
    Quantity returned: 2

Masters of the Universe 2011 Subscription - January Figure
    Boxed Shipment
    Track Shipment: MAIL ON THE MOVE: 043146
    Quantity shipped: 2
    Quantity Cancelled: 2

But this month I get charged for this:
    Masters of the Universe 2011 Subscription - February Figure
    Boxed Shipment
    Track Shipment: MAIL ON THE MOVE: 043156
    Quantity shipped: 4

Shadow Beast™ Figure
    Boxed Shipment

Preternia Disguise He-Man™
    Boxed Shipment

I sent an email to DR for a refund of the 2 subs and to fix it for the rest of the year.

If they don't I will probably block my card and get a new one as I really don't want or can afford 4 all-in subs...

Why can't they do thing right the first time? They messed up my 2010 sub too..
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; February 21, 2011 at 04:32pm.

Well I haven't heard back from the call I made 3 days ago - guess I'll be calling Matty again tomorrow.

They said I can return the goods within 30 days. This is a disgrace.
    That is it. I am calling AMEX and block the card.

Dear Helpdesk,

You haven't adressed my request to change my subcriptions from 4 to 2 for all coming months so that this will not happen again.
    Can you confirm fixing this?

Also, it is impossible to return my Items within 30 days as it takes longer than 30 days to even receive the goods.
    Custom fees and return costs would be 2 times more that the refund I might receive.

I do not agree making costs for something caused by you.

Please correct this in a professional manner

Regards,

Johan Eggink

Oy. I just got off the phone with DR/Matty - whatever they want to call themselves today about my faulty Bow. After being on hold for over 30 minutes I finally got through and it wasn't good to say the least.

We reviewed all of the information I had gotten before - she put me on hold again. Came back and after I had already explained the problem to her TWICE she comes back from hold and says 'what's the problem?'

I go over it again and said that I had called on Sat the 19th and they said that I'd hear from them by the 21st. Now I was fully expecting them to say that they didn't do anything yesterday because the 21st was a US holiday instead she comes back with: "Sir, I can see that you called on the 19th but no one was in the office on the 19th because we are closed on Saturday" I explain to her that Sat *WAS* the 19th and then she changed quickly to "well no one processes orders EXCEPT on MONDAY (which we know is a lie) and Monday was only the 21st so if you don't hear from us by today call tomorrow because after today the 72 hours will be up" (Simple math folks, if you say you only do things on Monday, then by the close of business on Tuesday it's not even 24 full hours, let alone 72.)

Still I'm gritting my teeth, just trying to get through the phone call she decides to tell me 'Now sir, you do realize that you'll have to do something, like maybe check your e-mail; when you get new email it goes into your inbox sir.'

That upset me a little, and then I wanted to clarify that it was for Bow because he was damaged and not the Shadow Beast like the first person I spoke with kept insisting and her answer was: 'I don't know sir, maybe they will ask you what the replacement is for when they call you.'

I worked at a call center for THREE years... it's NOT THAT DIFFICULT people.

An update, I just got an email from Digital River saying that they are aware of the fact that I contacted them and they wanted me to write them an email detailing exactly why I needed my figure replaced.

Is that normal? I don't remember having to do that last year when my Adora was defective.
    Last edited by radrcks; February 22, 2011 at 11:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've had a huge run-around this time (again). Sub didn't renew due to expiration date on card. Emailed, called, emailed again, called again. Some of the reps give one answer, others give something completely different. None of the first 6 people I spoke with knew what I was really talking about. They just played along and said things like "the product has expired" etc etc. THE PRODUCT? That tells me you have no idea what product I am speaking about. Finally called the number that leads to the supervisor desk or whatever and spoke to a (finally!) english accent speaking person who told me to call back in a few days when they would have the option to manually renew the sub. I did, and they finally got it renewed.

I bought a sub to relieve the headache of this ridiculous system and they STILL SCREWED IT UP!!!!

WORST SERVICE ANYWHERE. I have Ebay transactions that go 100% smoother than this! The main call center is in Manilla, India according to one supervisor. Ever seen "Outsourced"? Calling there is just like that, but not funny. I can't understand them, they can't understand me. It's a cluster EVERY TIME.

Mattel - you fail. Digital river - you fail. If there was ANYWHERE else you could get these figures for that price, I'd do it. It's just stupid now, people!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Widget
    What's the special phone #? I have had my Sub cancelled because they charged my expired card that was replaced in OCT. They act like there is nothing they can do and I won't be getting the 2011 specials I already paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by tnswman View Post
    What's the special phone #? I have had my Sub cancelled because they charged my expired card that was replaced in OCT. They act like there is nothing they can do and I won't be getting the 2011 specials I already paid for.
    Have you tried 1-877-229-3743? That is the mainline corporate number (not the basic Matty help center).

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Have you tried 1-877-229-3743? That is the mainline corporate number (not the basic Matty help center).
    Not yet..Thank you so very much!

UPDATE:
    I received 2 emails. One that I do get a refund and one that they fixed my subs.
    If both things will happen I give them credit.

I guess it really depends on who handles the email and doesnt send you the standard answer.

I am in Canada. It usually takes about two weeks (three weeks top) to receive the figures. However, so far I have not received my 2 sub Vikors.

Since I am busy during the working hours and really don't want to spend my time calling Matty CS, I e-mailed Matty CS last week about my concern and asked them to investigate the matter. They sent me a reply the next day with the exact info from my shipment confirmation (date and tracking number). Four days later (this past Sunday) they suddenly sent me another e-mail stating that they were sending me a refund based on my request. Well, never once in my e-mail I mention anything about refund. So I e-mailed them back again asking if I could have replacement sent to me instead. Now they've sent me a reply saying that replacement is no longer possible since the figure have been refunded:

-----
    Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We show your order was refunded on 2/27/11 10:45:36 AM CST. Please allow
    5 - 7 business days from this date for the credit to be applied to your
    account. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same
    credit card statement as the original charge. If you are unable to
    locate the applied credit, please contact the issuing bank for further
    information regarding when it will be applied.

Unfortunately, replacement is no longer possible since the figures has
    already been refunded.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.
    -----

I just want my two sub Vikor figures and I don't know what to do now.
    Could anyone kindly give me any suggestion? Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm-Ore View Post
    I know it's not what you want to hear because of the reasons you listed above, but I suggest calling them and if the initial person can't help, then ask to speak with a supervisor.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm-Ore View Post
    I am in Canada. It usually takes about two weeks (three weeks top) to receive the figures. However, so far I have not received my 2 sub Vikors.

Since I am busy during the working hours and really don't want to spend my time calling Matty CS, I e-mailed Matty CS last week about my concern and asked them to investigate the matter. They sent me a reply the next day with the exact info from my shipment confirmation (date and tracking number). Four days later (this past Sunday) they suddenly sent me another e-mail stating that they were sending me a refund based on my request. Well, never once in my e-mail I mention anything about refund. So I e-mailed them back again asking if I could have replacement sent to me instead. Now they've sent me a reply saying that replacement is no longer possible since the figure have been refunded:

-----
    Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We show your order was refunded on 2/27/11 10:45:36 AM CST. Please allow
    5 - 7 business days from this date for the credit to be applied to your
    account. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the same
    credit card statement as the original charge. If you are unable to
    locate the applied credit, please contact the issuing bank for further
    information regarding when it will be applied.

Unfortunately, replacement is no longer possible since the figures has
    already been refunded.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.
    -----

I just want my two sub Vikor figures and I don't know what to do now.
    Find my posts in this thread and call the number I listed. It's not the regular Matty number. You'll actually get someone that knows about the product.

1-877-229-3743
    Last edited by Larry Waters; March 2, 2011 at 09:21pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Update!

So yesterday I finally received my February figures and now seem to have all my sub issues sorted out. A big thanks to Markatisu for pointing me in the right direction (and Catra's Wrath over at Mattycollector's forums as well). By having the sub canceled and then reinstated it seems that USPS becomes the default shipping method (I was informed this over the phone by a rep, so it wasn't a surprise) and it did indeed take quite a bit longer for my package to appear than what I was used to with UPS shipping. Still, everything arrived intact and all my figures happened to be in excellent condition. The only missing item was the Etheria Map, and I got that sorted out this morning. I even got an "order confirmation" for not only the Etheria Map, but the Preternia Disguise He-Man Power Of Grayskull sticker as well (something I had completely forgotten about!). So, good on Digital River for cleaning up that mess! Hopefully when it comes time for Hssss and BA Skelly to ship out, it goes off without a hitch. Here's to not ever having to visit this thread again!

update

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I know it's not what you want to hear because of the reasons you listed above, but I suggest calling them and if the initial person can't help, then ask to speak with a supervisor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Find my posts in this thread and call the number I listed. It's not the regular Matty number. You'll actually get someone that knows about the product.

1-877-229-3743
    Thank you both for your suggestions.
    I called the number today and had everything sorted out in couple of minutes. Those guys really know what they are doing. It was amazing. I hope that everything will turn out okay.

Thank you again Big Country for the magic number.

Widget
    Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. My old credit card expired in February, and I need to change my credit card information. I was wondering who I would contact?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazychurchill View Post
    Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. My old credit card expired in February, and I need to change my credit card information. I was wondering who I would contact?
    1-877-229-3743 is the only number I trust for ANYTHING.

Call them. If you call the regular Matty line, you'll get someone in India that doesn't know what a He-Man figure is...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I this email address a waste of time?

mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

I have had 5 or 6 emails back and forth on them not charging my updated default credit card and the idiots who reply to the emails are still telling me how to change my credit card details, not addressing the problem.

I clearly write that my Default account on my profile at Matty is not being charged and they just keep sending me cookie-cutter answers about how to change my bank details.

I have gotten a Sub Renewal Failure email from them now and they still can't answer an email properly. I'ts like they haven't even read my email when they reply.

I'm in Australia and don't want to make an international phone call and shouldn't have to call customer service if they offer an email alternative.

TG says they are always trying to improve the website, well here's my response: FAIL

I want these figures but I shouldn't have to jump through hoops or deal with incompetent 'people' to buy them

If you've got a sub, kiss it good-bye if you try and fix it on the website
    Last edited by claw guy 3; March 12, 2011 at 10:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've changed mine several times via the website, and have never had a problem. Make sure you change both the default card AND the card listed for your sub. Even though I haven't had a problem just changing my default card, some sub holders have had problems without changing the sub card too.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I didn't get a POG sticker with my Pre-Eternia He-Man. I've been through a chain of emails where I have given my order number twice now, and have had to copy/paste information from Matty's website so they knew what I was talking about.

All these "customer service reps" should get emails about matty updates on the site or on facebook, so they could at least be knowledgable about their own product.

Regardless after saying they were going to file a claim, and apologizing for the inconvience, now they said they can't assist me and to call their number. I hate having to retell my story, when it's there in clear text via email. A week of emails, and now i have to start all over again on the phone. This angers me.

..Thanks for this venting thread!!

DR is Horrible!!

Why is it that you can update your address for billing on the website but it wont update for shipping? Had this happen last year - figure shipped to the wrong address. Called customer services - Phillippines call center obviously - I am told anything they want me to hear to make me believe they are working the issue. I called back 5 times with no resolution until I started screaming at the top of my lungs and was finally transferred to the corporate escalations where my issue was promptly handled with 5 minutes and a few key strokes. Seems to me that the main line is nothing more than a smoke screen and a waste of money. Maybe our figures would be cheaper if they just fired everybody and closed this call center all together.

Then in Dec I had Fraud happen on my credit card and my bank canceled the card. Luckily this happened after getting my Dec figures. I updated the replacement card online and set it to default and deleted the old one - got January figures just fine. Then all of a sudden in February I get notice my card could not be charged etc. I check online everything looks fine - I call Customer Service once again. Speak to 5 different reps - 4 of whom hung up after explaining the entire situation. The 5th rep says she will call me back - never does. I find the # for the escalation department I called last time and once again this time they said they have corrected my card and to give it a few days. I let 7 days go by and NOTHING. So I call back and complain again and so they cancel my subs and create new ones. Turns out these jokers were trying to charge my canceled card from December again! No wonder it was declined! WHY are we able to change anything online if they just change it back or dont honor the changes? GUESS WHAT DR - PEOPLE MOVE, THEY CHANGE ADDRESSES, THEY CHANGE CREDIT CARD NUMBERS ALL THE TIME - How is it that you all can afford to stay in business while making such elementary mistakes????? The escalation rep gets my figures out and I get my shipping and charge emails right away however this time I get no Pre-Eternia maps or stickers. I have to call back - another order is sent. Its now march 10th and I FINALLY have all my February product.

Going on to today March 14th everybody else I know has been charged for March and some people are already receiving product. At this point I have lost all trust and security in the process so I call again to the escalation line and explain the whole horrible story. I am told "everything is fine, your subs are fine, we dont charge you til they ship which should happen in the next few days" and I thought ok that doesnt sound true or anything like I have experienced in the past.

A few hours later I hear from my friend who has sub's - I questioned if he's been charged or if product shipped? He says he was charged on the 10th and no product has shipped - now I feel just plain lied too and even more frustrated and P'OD! So I call again and ask for a supervisor - I am told "we are all supervisors at this number" hmmm DOUBT THAT - talk about all chiefs no indians! Anyway I am told that because of the issue with my card in Feb the subs had to be canceled and re-billed so I will not get a "Pre-Auth" charge on my card this month and they will charge me when they ship it. Funny what they call a Pre-Auth is and always has been valid charges with money deducted from my account when the product isnt shipped out until sometimes a week later - guess what pending charges dont stay active that long.

So right now I feel like I am in limbo! Am I getting my figures or not? I would be willing to bet that I am going to have to call back again this Friday and waste more of my time and theirs. I am willing to bet that I get no shipping or charge email before Friday when I have already been assured by "the supervisors" that Friday is the very last day and I should see confirmation before Friday at the latest!

So we will see!
    Last edited by JDubya88788; March 15, 2011 at 04:05am.
    PHP Code:
    J-DUBYA!! 

FEEDBACK LINK http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205315

J to the DUB at YA