Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    So, I was an idiot and forgot to change my shipping method when I submitted my order for my two subs for next year.

Called today and they couldn't change the shipping method (of course), so I cancelled the order so that I could reorder with ups. I was assured I would not be charged anything for the initial order. 30 minutes later, I was charged 40 dollars for the initial order. Ugh. Going to wait a couple of days and see if it's reversed before I call again. Don't want to go through it with them. Isn't it time Mattel switched to a company that can handle simple Internet commerce issues?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I ordered 2 BG-Teela's and 2 Faceless Ones on release-day. I got charged USD 15.55 for the delivery of two BG-Teela's and USD 9.95 for the delivery for two Faceless Ones. Faceless One weighs 417 gramme, Battleground Teela only comes in at a niefty 265 gramme.

When I ordered two Panthors (when it was released), shipping was USD 21,10 to Europe (Austria).

On the Sale I ordered two Battle-Cat's and shipping was USD 41,20 ... 20 dollars more.

I wrote an email to mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize unfortunately, we cannot refund the charge as we show that you were charge correctly for the shipping cost since shipping cost are based on the weight of the item especially for order number xxxxx099245 which has a net weight of 3.480 lb.

Are they serious? They can't be. I now sent them this email and am eager to see, what their reply is gonna be:

Dear Ms. Jun,

thank you very much for your reply, but there must be some kind of mistake. One delivery of two "Faceless One" figures (Order No. xxxxx863023) were USD 9,95 in shipping to me to Vienna. Battleground Teela weighs 100 grammes less per figure than the Faceless One and cost USD 15,55 in shipping so there clearly must be a mistake here on your behalf, becuase it clearly weighs less than the Faceless One.

Also two Panthors (Order No. xxxxx219545) sent to me, had USD 22,10 in shipping. The Battle Cat's had USD 41,10 in shipping. Battle-Cat and Panthor have the same weight. So why the increase of 100 % in shipping cost?

Please be so kind and check those three orders again, because it just doesn't make sense the way you described it.

xxxxx837523 (Battleground Teela x 2)
    xxxxx224145 (Battleground Teela x 2)
    xxxxx099245 (Battle-Cat x 2)

Many thx and greetings from Vienna,

Update 110727: got an email again, they seem to totally ignore what I wrote. They still state that Teela is heavier than Faceless one. And Battle-Cat is almost double as heavy as Panthor. Can someone please confirm this who has both cats? thx

We apologize for the inconvenience. Here are your orders:

Order number: xxx
    Product Name: Battleground Teela® Figure
    Quantity Ordered: 2
    Net Weight: 1.500 lb x 2= 3 lbs
    Order Shipping Total: $15.55

Product Name: The Faceless One? Figure
    Net Weight: 1 lb x 2= 2 lbs
    Order Shipping Total: $9.95

Product Name: Panthor® Figure
    Net weight: 2 lbs x 2= 4 lbs
    Order Shipping Total: $22.10

Product Name: Battleground Teela® Figure
    Net Weight: 1.500 lb x 2= 3 lbs
    Order Shipping Total: $15.55

Product Name: Battle Cat® Figure
    Net weight:3.480 lb x 2 = 6.96 lbs
    Order Shipping Total: $41.40

Shipping costs basically depends on the weight of the items per order
    even.
    Last edited by belmont; July 27, 2011 at 05:10am.

Wait, what the heck... since when did shipping prices for UPS ground go up?

Digital River - Lost Package

Hey all,

First of all, I wasn't sure where to post this, so MODs please move to correct location.

Okay... So I need some info from fellow He-Fans

My July 15th Non-Sub order off MattyCollector has gone missing!
    Has anyone had any experience dealing with Digital River in regards to lost packages???
    The horrible Cornerstone Logistics tracking says the box was delivered on the 23rd, but I did not get the package. It was either stolen by someone or lost in transit.

I have emailed DR three times already, yes THREE, and each time they respond they don't even address my question. I don't even think they read the emails! The last response said my package shipped on the 23rd via UPS and to wait 7 days.

This is first real issue I've had with Digital River and I am just completed amazed at their lack of customer service!

So... any advice from anyone? Has someone here dealt with a lost package and DR yet?

Thanks!
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I'm not sure about mine either. The tracking shows it's been sitting in Jacksonville Fl, for three days now awaiting transfer to USPS. It's been there since Monday, and based on their past track record I should have gotten my stuff on Tuesday.

I figured I'd e-mail them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I'm not sure about mine either. The tracking shows it's been sitting in Jacksonville Fl, for three days now awaiting transfer to USPS. It's been there since Monday, and based on their past track record I should have gotten my stuff on Tuesday.

I figured I'd e-mail them tomorrow.
    Yours is fine. That's typical.

Yea... Packages sitting "waiting for USPS transfer" is normal.

My confirmation shows DELIVERED.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Emailing DR is pointless the only time I've ever had them do anything is when I call them- possibly because it's hard to ignore an angry customer live.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Hey all,

First of all, I wasn't sure where to post this, so MODs please move to correct location.

Okay... So I need some info from fellow He-Fans

My July 15th Non-Sub order off MattyCollector has gone missing!
    Has anyone had any experience dealing with Digital River in regards to lost packages???
    The horrible Cornerstone Logistics tracking says the box was delivered on the 23rd, but I did not get the package. It was either stolen by someone or lost in transit.

I have emailed DR three times already, yes THREE, and each time they respond they don't even address my question. I don't even think they read the emails! The last response said my package shipped on the 23rd via UPS and to wait 7 days.

This is first real issue I've had with Digital River and I am just completed amazed at their lack of customer service!

So... any advice from anyone? Has someone here dealt with a lost package and DR yet?

Thanks!
    I sent you a PM
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Well I got my first two MOTU orders in from Mattel and already have an issue. The bubble on my Buzz-Off figure has clearly been reapplied. You can see the edges of the old bubble on the card as plain as day where someone had previously cut it off. They didn't even bother to line the new bubble up properly to try and hide it. I have an email into Digital River right now, but judging by this thread, I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Last edited by gummi; July 28, 2011 at 08:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

so, now we have the proof. Battle-Cat is actually lighter than Panthor (1016 grams vs. 1028 grams) - what kind of company is this? I'm so mad right now, you mail them hard facts and they completely ignore it.

What is one to do in sitations like this, this is about USD 30,- more than Marlena is costing me today ... dunno what to do

Update: does anyone have the email-adress from Matty-DR's sales-supervisor?
    Last edited by belmont; August 1, 2011 at 01:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Update: does anyone have the email-adress from Matty-DR's sales-supervisor?
    No, the supervisors frequently rotate so the email addresses are pretty useless, for overseas people it basically sucks because the best way to get Digital River to help you is via their Corporate number. But if you are overseas that could cost and you would be spending more money just to speak to someone to help you about overcharging you
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No, the supervisors frequently rotate so the email addresses are pretty useless, for overseas people it basically sucks because the best way to get Digital River to help you is via their Corporate number. But if you are overseas that could cost and you would be spending more money just to speak to someone to help you about overcharging you
    oh my, so another email it is then, let's see what they say now ... but thanks for the information

Mattycollectopr Customer Service...SUCKS! Listen to this BS!

(I also posted the same thing on the forum on Mattycollector. Any other suggestions on what I should are welcomed!)
    I need to post this to make Mattel aware of my issue with Digital River and make sure this doesn't happen again to a subscriber. I've been subscribing since this line started My July sub was attempted to be delivered while I was on vacation and then returned back to the sender.

I have contacted and spoke to I don't even know how many people at the matty collector customer service starting at July 23rd telling them this: I was not home to receive my Clawful figure, PLEASE send it back to the same address. I was told, wait for an e-mail from the escalation department. I was informed I'd hear something within three business days. 3 business days come and no word for mattycollector customer service.

I call back and give them my ticket number. Now this person says, I am putting "high" priority on this issue and within the next 3 business days, the escalation department will be in touch. SO NOW I'M UP TO 6 BUSINESS DAYS!

WHAT DO YOU KNOW, 3 days go by and no word AGAIN! I call, and on the phone for 55 mins, speak to Chris, a supervisor. He tells me that the figure will be sent back to me (this was yesterday, July 29th) and I should receive an e-mail in 5 hours. I ended the call at 11am. Called after 5pm and the next person says, nothing has changed and the ticket is STILL open. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON WITH MATTEL CUSTOMER SERVICE! They tell me wait another 3 business days. You gotta be kidding me right....NOPE THEY ARE NOT!

Then I open my e-mail this morning, July 30th and it says the rest of my subscription for 2010 has been...wait fort it....CANCELED. WAHT!?!

I call them this morning and Daniel, customer service rep says: They refunded my card for the July sub figure and canceled my 2010 sub because the figure was returned to them. THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING NOTES ON THE ISSUE AND THEY DID THIS! FOR REAL!?!

Daniel now tells me that he is sending this to now the "BACKUP" Dept to make sure they send the clawful figure out to me (if there is any remaining stock...and by the way, my clawful was returned to them on July 28th and signed by someone there) and that he will send notification to re-instate my 2010 sub that I NEVER CANCELED. He also tells me that I have to wait...that's right you guessed it..ANOTHER 3 BUSINESS DAYS!

Mattel, please contact me. I am very upset on how I am being treated and am sure mattel doesn't want their consumers feeling frustrated and angry at something so easily fixable. I need to make sure I receive my item as well as get my 2010 sub re-instated. Please!

(This next peice was added on this morning in the MC Forums)

NOW, yesterday in fact, I received a refund for the clawful figure when I NEVER ASKED FOR A REFUND. Mattel, I have all the correspondence back and forth between me and matty collector CS. You need to read them to believe how plain and simple I explained the situation and the CS people are stuck on, well, you must change your address.

I was on vacation, no one was home to accept the package, it went back to them. I am home from vacation now, send the package back, there is NO NEED TO CHANGE MY ADDRESS! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

I have yet to hear anything from anyone from Mattel on these boards and by tomorrow morning, If this issue is not resolved, I am taking this to corporate. Someone is going to know that there are alot of people upset with this CS we've been dealing with and getting the run around everytime we call. I am done speaking to people where NO ONE understands what I'm saying and now it's been one full week and nothing has been done...OH WAIT..something has been done, they refunded my card WHICH I NEVER ASKED THEM TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE AND THEY CANCELED MY SUBSCRIPTION WHICH I NEVER ASKED THEM TO DO AS WELL.

Matty, Toyguru, someone, contact me and please fix this issue. This has gone on for long enough!

UPDATE: As of August 1st, I spoke to someone for the matty online stores and spoke to someone in Minnesota...thank goodness. They took care of the issue - Re-shipping my Clawful and reinstating my 2011 subscription. I received e-mails on these as well as see the info on my account at matty. Now just waiting to get my shipping conf. for clawful. This was painful...but at least it's done now. I hope this never happens again.
    Last edited by Loo-Kee; August 2, 2011 at 06:48am. Reason: Update info on issue.

I on that situation. My 2 subs for June were not delivered and I have to call already 3 times in order to solve this issue and still I got no confirmation that I may get my figures. I already got my July figures and I'm at the brink of subscribing for 2012.
    I just purchase Marlena & Swamp Thing so I do hope I can get my June figures soon.

BTW, this is the 3rd time in this year that figures are not delivered; and many of m friends are at the same situation with their BG Teela & Faceless One.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

An issue trying to order figures??

Okay... I'm not sure if this should be here or not, so mods, feel free to move it if you like.

I don't think the "white screen of death" is working as they would like. I sat on the screen for like 20 minutes so I could order, watching it refresh till I finally got in. But 10 minutes into the waiting, I tried Matty with my cell phone. And I got in first time. What happened to being put in sequence order?

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Since I believe in being fair when dealing with a vendor, I'm going to post (another) positive DR transaction.

I ordered 2 He-Man figures on the All-Star sale day and got shipment confirmation, as usual.

Unfortunately, I wasn't going to be home on the delivery date. I waited until UPS had made the 1st attempt, called the 800 number and asked them to hold it at the nearby customer service facility. They said it was in the system, so I went on my way.

When I got home, there were three UPS "attempted delivery" notices on my door. I checked tracking and it's currently being returned to the sender.

I called Digital River (alternate number!) and talked to a rep and explained the situation. He replied that it was no problem, they would get a replacement order out to me and I'd have an email as soon as it is shipped.

Now, if it actually goes down this easily, I'll be even more surprised...and I'll let you know here.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I jsut sent them another E-Mail, let's see how they react now

Dear Ms. Txxg,

thank you for your mail, although it was - and I'm very sorry to have to say this - completely inaccurate. I have analyzed the weight of all items now and I am afraid, that you're selling goods with wrong weight actually more than one and a half months by now:

Battleground Teela
    Your stated weight: 1.5 lb
    Actual weight: 0.57 lb

Faceless One
    Your stated weight: 1.0 lb
    Actual weight: 0.99 lb

Panthor
    Your stated weight: 2.0 lb
    Actual weight: 2.27 lb

Battle-Cat
    Your stated weight: 3.480 lb
    Actual weight: 2.24 lb

If you still don't believe me, please let each item be sent to your office and weigh them yourself. This not only proves, that DR has billed me too much, but also everyone who bought Battleground Teela (since Release!) and Battle-Cat on the AllStar-Sale.

If you still don't think this data qualifies for a refund (orders in question are: XXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX), please send me the email-address of your supervisor in charge.

Regards,
    Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxxx

Still working on this lack of refund situation. Was just hung up on by DR. How is this customer service??? What's this about an alternate phone number?

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Still working on this lack of refund situation. Was just hung up on by DR. How is this customer service??? What's this about an alternate phone number?
    They have a corporate phone number, it should be listed on the 1st page of this thread at the top. That is the actual real Digital River, not the call center you hit when you dial the 800 number
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

They have a corporate phone number, it should be listed on the 1st page of this thread at the top. That is the actual real Digital River, not the call center you hit when you dial the 800 number
    Markatisu, can you please tell us where? I checked the first page and didn't see this corporate # anywhere. I need to speak to people that are going to ACT not just make **** up! Please help us. I have a 1-877 #. Thank you.

I think I'm gonna stop buying from mattycollector, I haven't received a single figure since May. I've spent over u$s 200 since then and nothing has arrived. I'm still waiting on She-Ra, Stratos, BG Teela, Grizzlor, Battle Cat, Zodak and He-Man.

So, I was an idiot and forgot to change my shipping method when I submitted my order for my two subs for next year.

Called today and they couldn't change the shipping method (of course), so I cancelled the order so that I could reorder with ups. I was assured I would not be charged anything for the initial order. 30 minutes later, I was charged 40 dollars for the initial order. Ugh. Going to wait a couple of days and see if it's reversed before I call again. Don't want to go through it with them. Isn't it time Mattel switched to a company that can handle simple Internet commerce issues?
    I did the same thing, except I had already been charged. So when I call I get a guy on the phone, tell him I would like to change my shipping from usps to ups, like a dolt I didnt change it. He tells me that the shipping cannot be changed. So I asked him what can we do about this, he proceeds to tell me he can cancel my order. I tell him no, I dont want to cancel the order. He then tells me okay, I have cancelled your order, have a nice day. Ahhh what??? So I have to call back, ask for a supivisor, wait 20 min, and tell him what happened. He then tells me, yes sir, your order has been cancelled can I help you with anything else. Ummm how about changing the shipping and not cancelling the order you charged me for. So I ask him when I will get my refund, and get this, he tells me they dont issue refunds on subs. Umm you cancelled my order, yes, but im not going to get refunded that money, sorry we dont do that. Are you freaking kidding me, then he tells me that I should contact my credit card company...ahhh duh, consider that done. So now I have had to reorder my sub, as my original was cancelled, even though it doesnt show that on their site but I did get an email. So I am out double my sub at the moment...phew. I will give them a week to refund my money (thats what my credit card wants to do) and then I go into charge back mode. How freakining insane is that, I mean really a customer service rep that speaks the language and understands simple concepts really is not to hard.

Looks like that phone number is no longer listed there. I will go through the thread and see if I can find it. Thanks.

So, has anyone filed a complaint with the better business bureau? I think I am going to after my adventures today. Two hours total on the phone with 877 go Matty and still nothing to show for it.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Looks like that phone number is no longer listed there. I will go through the thread and see if I can find it. Thanks.

So, has anyone filed a complaint with the better business bureau? I think I am going to after my adventures today. Two hours total on the phone with 877 go Matty and still nothing to show for it.
    Search my posts in this thread, about 2 or 3 pages back. Use that number.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz