Page 23 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

r r r 22:

You can demand to speak to someone in the states if the Indian folks can't seem to understand what your problem is, or how to fix it (which is way too common). They'll try and give you the run around, but if you're firm, and demand it, politely of course, they have to put you through, it's actually the law.

Heres my latest email to digitail river. Seems I mail them more than my own family! these days, lol!
    Even though I have a subscription I seemed to have missed out this month, not even an order submitted! And they cant seem to get a hold of what im talking about, this email is the response to my question about my september sub. As u can tell we start off very well, with them getting confused with my september sub and the 30th Anniv Sub which I had just purchased...more fool me????

"Thats for the 2012 30th annivesary MOTUC figures, I was refering to My
    2011 subscription which should send me out the figures for the month.
    Ive had no info or email and an order has not been placed for Leech and
    Huricane Hordak, this should happen automaticaly... Im getting really
    angry that I continue to have problems with my orders month after
    month. If you look back on your system and the emails, you will see the
    issues Ive had with faulty figures, Lost orders, not getting the
    replacements I have requested, extremely high postal charges, orders
    not going through, problems updating my shipping address..the list just
    goes on.
    I am in the weaker postion as my love for the line means I continue to
    put up with shoddy service, and as your fully aware, im not the only
    one! MOTUC has had its share of problems with digital river.
    I would like you to look into why my sub for the month of september has
    not been placed on your system, when i payed for Club Eternia for 2011
    and have signed for 2012 and have just added the add on for 30th
    figures for 2012.
    I would like my order for Huricane Hordak and Leech submitted, billed
    and posted out to me by fasttrack post at no extra charge, seeing as
    your system has messed up yet again, I see no reason why I should have
    to wait for your error.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I think I know the answer to this, but I figured I'd try -

Is there any way at all - any higher-up to call, or something, to change the shipping method on the subs?

I screwed up when I ordered the subs during the original window, and chose Economy Postal by default. I'd like to switch that to UPS ground, especially since I ordered the 30th anniversary sub that way.

Tried calling Digital River, and was told 'this was already processed and sent to fulfillment', so there's nothing they could do - and the lady I spoke to said she talked to her supervisor as well - which I tend to doubt.

Any help is much appreciated!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'd suggest you call a supervisor yourself.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    After my latest run in, I had enough
    I'll be contacting the BBB myself as well if I don't get a resolution to my issue.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I think I know the answer to this, but I figured I'd try -

Is there any way at all - any higher-up to call, or something, to change the shipping method on the subs?

I screwed up when I ordered the subs during the original window, and chose Economy Postal by default. I'd like to switch that to UPS ground, especially since I ordered the 30th anniversary sub that way.

Tried calling Digital River, and was told 'this was already processed and sent to fulfillment', so there's nothing they could do - and the lady I spoke to said she talked to her supervisor as well - which I tend to doubt.

Any help is much appreciated!
    Same thing happened to me. This place is the worst company I have ever dealt with! I "THINK" I can deal with them one more year, however if Mattell stays with them after this year. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER MOTUC FIGURE!
    Last edited by air23cnhit; September 22, 2011 at 01:21pm.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

So my card expired in August. I updated my account with new card and expire date.. Matty/DR didnt update correctly. So I called in August got it all settle. Got my figures week and half late but oh well.

All is good right ............... wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see no order placed for September. So i called, they are still showing my old card info, thats why order didnt get placed. So talk to the guy, he was having problem fixing system had to turn in a ticket and i would get a phone call within 24-48 hours.

So this morning I get an emailed Sub cancelled! Whatttttttttttttt

So I called, sub cancelled because card was rejected 3 times. What the hell! So my phone called yesterday didnt count for crap.

But yet it the same card was approved for August. Im done!

I didnt renew my sub for 2012 becuase i think matty is getting to greedy , to many figures , making the subs too high, now this ................ im done

Thanks matty for screwing up your best line!
    Coming Soon ..... Fuerza-T Masters & "The Great Divide" Story
    Passion Designs Inc

Add me-Facebook, Feedback!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Nope. Shipping for two reg figs is always still the same as the price for one, unless DR decides to stck us. It would be $10.55 for a reg fig and a giant or beast, but not for two regular sized figures.
    Not anymore. That's actually about right now for 2 figures getting shipped via the cheapest shipping option ever since the shipping costs went up a few months ago.

I know that it used to be the same price for one or two figures (about $8.95 or something close to that), but now that's only the price for a single figure, and 2 figures tend to run about $10.55.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Well, I finally went and done it. I had to cancel my Club Eternia sub. I wrote to mattycollector.com online, and their customer service wouldn't help, and I called this morning, and they couldn't/wouldn't help. So I finally called this afternoon again using the direct number listed earlier in the thread. All I wanted to do, was simply change my shipping from USPS to UPS. I planned on purchasing two of the 30th Anniversary subs and combining shipping. DR wouldn't let me do it. Their limitations as a company are so glaring it's almost comical at this point. I plan on repurchasing my Club E sub and getting the 30th Ann sub, but I almost don't want to do it on principle alone. I feel so dirty giving my hard earned money to a company that refuses to do anything about the poor customer service they have. I just love MOTUC as a line too much I guess. I hope TG realizes that DR is as much as an impediment as any other reason for subs being down this year.

So somehow my original sub order from July was the USPS shipping method, and of course I didn't realize that until after I placed my 30th Anniversary Sub Order this morning with UPS shipping. Now both the Go Matty number and the 952 number are refusing to update my shipping method on the old order. So I asked them to cancel and re-order it, they said no. Spoke to supervisors on both lines, same thing. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Dealing with Matty customer service is such a waste of time and energy....

Widget
    I have had the same issue and nothing but problems. I read somewhere that you can cancel the sub because of some pricing error that originally they didn't include all the figures. I told them this and now they won't do anything until I show them where they ever stated this. If someone knows or has info on how to successfully cancel and reorder please post. If somonr knows about being able to cancel because of pricing can you post a link on where this info is. Their customer service is just beyond sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko87 View Post
    I have had the same issue and nothing but problems. I read somewhere that you can cancel the sub because of some pricing error that originally they didn't include all the figures. I told them this and now they won't do anything until I show them where they ever stated this. If someone knows or has info on how to successfully cancel and reorder please post. If somonr knows about being able to cancel because of pricing can you post a link on where this info is. Their customer service is just beyond sad.
    Sadly, they still won't budge on this issue. Can ToyGuru step in on this one?

Originally posted
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-1st-2011.html
    Quote Originally Posted by motufigures
    If fans wanted to cancel their MOTU sub due to the incorrect amount posted for the first two weeks they were welcome to do so and we will still honor cancelations due to this issue for the next month through Sept 30th.
    The reposted here
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ptember+cancel

Then rebuffed here
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector
    Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize however the link you provided is not from a Matty hosted
    site. Unfortunately this can not be taken as official information from
    Matty Collector.

At this time the only cancellations that Matty has stated they are
    accepting on subscriptions, is for the Voltron subscription for 2012.

Sincerely,
    Brandon T.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

Widget
    Thanks for the update. They are ridiculous. Like talking to a wall. Let me cancel so I can place the order again, even a higher quantity and include the 30th sub. No can do. Man, just makes no sense and its like they go out of their way to tick off their fans. Oh well, it is what is is.

luckily i didn't need to pick this up from customs:

Gygor costed me 30+ shipping, not 130+ shipping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Heroic Warrior
    I only really discovered MOTUC back in August, and read a bunch of posts here about how great the toys were and how terrible the customer service prior to placing my first order. So I was actually pleasantly surprised by my experience on 8/15 of only 1 or 2 WSODs and getting my package with no hassles a little over a week later.

This month is a totally different story. After being stuck in "Electronic Shipping Info Received" status since 1:27 AM on 9/17, I decided to give Matty a call on Monday.

My first call I was put on hold and then told it was shipped on 9/15. A couple of hours later I realized that I probably should have asked for a tracking number, so I called back later and that's where the fun started. I'm usually very polite with customer service reps since I know their job sucks, but this guy almost had me at my breaking point. First he read me the same info I could see from Newgistics website, put me on hold for a while, then punted and gave me what he told me was Cornerstone's phone number. I called that number. It was for USPS. (He later tried to tell me that USPS and Cornerstone were the same thing - that's the fun of offshoring for you)

So I called back and got the same rep (yay me!). He unconvincingly tried to convince me that everything was fine and my package was on its way, but then I had him look at my 8/15 order and pointed out all of the recorded activity on the 8/15 tracking number on the Newgistics website that was absent from the tracking record on the 9/15 order. I thought I had him following my logic when he put me on hold. He came back and again said it was on its way, but when I asked for the tracking number he gave me the same exact tracking number we'd been looking at. That was the point I asked for a supervisor.

When the supervisor came on, at least he understood my logic and agreed it looked odd. The proposed solution was wait 14 days from 9/17 and if it hasn't arrived he can authorize a new shipment.

So I decided to express my frustration with my wallet: On the spot I canceled my 2 DCUC subscriptions that I was on the fence about when I initially ordered them. Now if I get my package by 10/2 I'll re-up the 2 DCUC subscriptions and get a pair of 30th Anniversary subscriptions to go with them. If not, oh well, Matty just lost a chunk of my wallet.

I work for a large company that's won the JD Power award 5 years in a row for customer service, and in 15+ years of lots online shopping I've never *EVER* had a problem with a lost shipment anywhere else (when I was a kid a Cobra Commander mail-in from Hasbro arrived with the mailer box open and the figure missing, but that's honestly the last time I can remember a botched package delivery). Now I've hit the jackpot with Matty on only my second order.

Sigh...
    Last edited by He-Mangar; September 29, 2011 at 12:19am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Mangar View Post
    I only really discovered MOTUC back in August, and read a bunch of posts here about how great the toys were and how terrible the customer service prior to placing my first order. So I was actually pleasantly surprised by my experience on 8/15 of only 1 or 2 WSODs and getting my package with no hassles a little over a week later.

This month is a totally different story. After being stuck in "Electronic Shipping Info Received" status since 1:27 AM on 9/17, I decided to give Matty a call on Monday.

My first call I was put on hold and then told it was shipped on 9/15. A couple of hours later I realized that I probably should have asked for a tracking number, so I called back later and that's where the fun started. I'm usually very polite with customer service reps since I know their job sucks, but this guy almost had me at my breaking point. First he read me the same info I could see from Newgistics website, put me on hold for a while, then punted and gave me what he told me was Cornerstone's phone number. I called that number. It was for USPS. (He later tried to tell me that USPS and Cornerstone were the same thing - that's the fun of offshoring for you)

So I called back and got the same rep (yay me!). He unconvincingly tried to convince me that everything was fine and my package was on its way, but then I had him look at my 8/15 order and pointed out all of the recorded activity on the 8/15 tracking number on the Newgistics website that was absent from the tracking record on the 9/15 order. I thought I had him following my logic when he put me on hold. He came back and again said it was on its way, but when I asked for the tracking number he gave me the same exact tracking number we'd been looking at. That was the point I asked for a supervisor.

When the supervisor came on, at least he understood my logic and agreed it looked odd. The proposed solution was wait 14 days from 9/17 and if it hasn't arrived he can authorize a new shipment.

So I decided to express my frustration with my wallet: On the spot I canceled my 2 DCUC subscriptions that I was on the fence about when I initially ordered them. Now if I get my package by 10/2 I'll re-up the 2 DCUC subscriptions and get a pair of 30th Anniversary subscriptions to go with them. If not, oh well, Matty just lost a chunk of my wallet.

I work for a large company that's won the JD Power award 5 years in a row for customer service, and in 15+ years of lots online shopping I've never *EVER* had a problem with a lost shipment anywhere else (when I was a kid a Cobra Commander mail-in from Hasbro arrived with the mailer box open and the figure missing, but that's honestly the last time I can remember a botched package delivery). Now I've hit the jackpot with Matty on only my second order.

Sigh...
    Call the number listed previously in this thread. Immediately press 0 and ask to speak to a supervisor or escalation department. Explain what happened, and ask that they ship you a new package expedited. You shouldn't have to wait any longer. They'll help you out.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Dorrmann -

I actually don't need to escalate any further though because unbelievably, my package arrived today. Box was beat to crap, but it arrived nonetheless.

And I figured out the problem... I paid for USPS, and I got a USPS tracking number, but the package was shipped via UPS. UPS is actually the more expensive shipping option, so I guess I got a free upgrade, but I still would rather they shipped by the method I'd chosen so I could track my shipment and not had to call all over the globe wondering where my package was.

So, I'm still not satisfied with the overall experience, but I'll roll the dice and get my 30th subs like I was planning to before the shipping debacle and re-up the DCUCs.

9/19 Hordak and Leech Shipped from Ontario, CA
    9/27 Hordak and Leech are delivered to... Ontario, CA

9/29
    Me: "Hello, I was wondering why you shipped my package to your own warehouse instead of to my home"

DR: "Yes, the package was delivered to Ontario, Canada"

Me: "No, it was delivered to Ontario, California; to your own warehouse"

DR: "Please hold"

long long long conversation

DR Supervisor: "OK, we'll send it back to you"

Me: "Can I have a ticket number?"

DR Supervisor: "No"

9/30

Me: "Any update"

DR: "Your package was shipped to Ontario, Canada"

Me: "No, it was shipped to Ontario, California; to your own warehouse"

DR: "Please Hold"

hold

DR: "OK, we've issued a refund."

Me: "I don't want a refund. I want my package"

DR: "I'm sorry, we can't do that."

After a bit of a struggle earlier in the week, I just had a wonderful experience from Digital River!* I called the GO-MATTY number on Tuesday to try to change my shipping option on my July-purchased Club Eternia 2012 sub from USPS to UPS.* The guy was obviously from a international call center but that never bothers me as long as I end up with a solution to my issue. He was very friendly and seemed to be putting in my request and told me I would receive an email in 1 to 3 days.* Well, day 2 came yesterday and nothing so I called back again and another person said my item was still processing.*
    So day 3 comes today and I go for the corporate DR number and do hit 0 and ask for escalations.* The guy couldn't find anything about a previous call from me but he wanted to help.* He verified they could NOT change the shipping but offered to cancel my order and place a new order for me in the same transaction (he didn't seem like he was OK with just canceling my order without placing a new one right away).* So my order was canceled and I now have a new Club Eternia sub placed*ALONG WITH*Club 30th Anniversary and Club Infinite Earths$$$.**I've received emails noting my new order and the canceling and refund of my previous order.* All went super smooth (so far at least) and I was able to give Matty much more of my money like I wanted to.* So either DR just got tired of being unhelpful or*the Mighty*Spector and crew lit a fire under them (like he mentioned at Power Con) to actually provide customer service so customers can actually buy the product!* Happy Friday!* (and sad, sad wallet for 2012)

. . .so I may be jumping to happy conclusions based on what was posted just before me but we can hope, right?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    After a bit of a struggle earlier in the week, I just had a wonderful experience from Digital River!* I called the GO-MATTY number on Tuesday to try to change my shipping option on my July-purchased Club Eternia 2012 sub from USPS to UPS.* The guy was obviously from a international call center but that never bothers me as long as I end up with a solution to my issue. He was very friendly and seemed to be putting in my request and told me I would receive an email in 1 to 3 days.* Well, day 2 came yesterday and nothing so I called back again and another person said my item was still processing.*
    So day 3 comes today and I go for the corporate DR number and do hit 0 and ask for escalations.* The guy couldn't find anything about a previous call from me but he wanted to help.* He verified they could NOT change the shipping but offered to cancel my order and place a new order for me in the same transaction (he didn't seem like he was OK with just canceling my order without placing a new one right away).* So my order was canceled and I now have a new Club Eternia sub placed*ALONG WITH*Club 30th Anniversary and Club Infinite Earths$$$.**I've received emails noting my new order and the canceling and refund of my previous order.* All went super smooth (so far at least) and I was able to give Matty much more of my money like I wanted to.* So either DR just got tired of being unhelpful or*the Mighty*Spector and crew lit a fire under them (like he mentioned at Power Con) to actually provide customer service so customers can actually buy the product!* Happy Friday!* (and sad, sad wallet for 2012)

. . .so I may be jumping to happy conclusions based on what was posted just before me but we can hope, right?
    Not that I'm not stoked for you, because I am. But why was it that I called the 877-GO-MATTY number and the escalation number, yet I could not achieve the same outcome? I asked for it, and I know others tried the same. Now the sub window is closed and I still have a sub order for USPS and one for UPS. I even got an email telling me my order for Kaspersky Antivirus was on its way. Bunch of inept monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post

Happy for you as well, but that's what I wanted to do too, and was told repeatedly that I couldn't. Now I'm stuck with USPS shipping next year. Oh well.

Glad YOU got yours fixed, at least.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

[QUOTE=Uncle Montork;2843050]Happy for you as well, but that's what I wanted to do too, and was told repeatedly that I couldn't. Now I'm stuck with USPS shipping next year. Oh well.

Glad YOU got yours fixed, at least.[/QUOTE

Nothing is ever simple with Matty. I too like I mentioned earlier tried to change my shipping. They wouldn't do it, so I cancelled my order, and was promised a refund. The refund was supposedly processed on 23 Sep, and I still have yet to receive. Matty wouldn't cooperate anymore on my refund status and they passed the buck on to my bank which stated no refund was coming. Today I opened a dispute, and my bank promptly refunded my money. No thanks to Matty at all. The sad thing is I reordered my sub and 30anniv sub with UPS as a shipping option. I love these figures so much, but I hate giving my money away to businesses that don't care about the consumer.

UGH..i placed a order for 1 GB and 1 MOTUC mad matty set.... DR charge my card...everything is fine... come to find out that THEY canceled my order.!!!!!
    now the motuc is sold out..and i get the shaft....
    i called the credit card co and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CARD!!!!
    WHAT THE HELL what a load of BS!!!!
    and the operators on the phone are USELESS!!!!! i would like to know the real reason my order is canceled....SUCH ****!!!!!

has this happened to anyone else ??
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Does anyone know how to cancel the anniversary sub? So far I only like Dreago, no interest in Spector or Photog so I've decided i'd rather take my chances getting the odd one's I want on sale date but when I messaged matty abot cancelling, they said I couldn't and if I didn't want the figures then I should return them after getting them which will obviously cost me alot in P&P as well as being a big waste of time.

I dont even have the energy to type out the whole story but its basically changing my payment details from a canceled card to my new one.

They just dont seem to understand that I have changed the details on Matty already!!!!!

ARGH!

And every time I email them I get mailed back by a different person!! How do they handle customer service in this manner?????
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar