Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I dont even have the energy to type out the whole story but its basically changing my payment details from a canceled card to my new one.

They just dont seem to understand that I have changed the details on Matty already!!!!!

ARGH!

And every time I email them I get mailed back by a different person!! How do they handle customer service in this manner?????
    I know DR sucks, but did you delete your OLD card info? Sometimes if you don't delete the old card on your account it can cause problems.

I Hear ya ! they are the worst...they canceled my mad matty order by accident... nothing wrong w my card at all i even checked with the bank... its the same card i use for my sub and ive never had a issue.... when i called customer services..they couldn't give me a answer..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

ooo ooo ah ah ah....

And seriously, what's with the 2 weeks to get your shipment, I for one won't pay for UPS or $20 for next day, that's just stupid....they need priority or something. And I for one know that businesses like DR get discounts for shipping so much, and something the size of MOTUC basic figures only costs like $6 - $7 to ship, not $8, or $13 for me, and I don't get discounts. So tell me they couldn't charge like $5 - $6 for basic Priority shipping.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I dont even have the energy to type out the whole story but its basically changing my payment details from a canceled card to my new one.

They just dont seem to understand that I have changed the details on Matty already!!!!!

ARGH!

And every time I email them I get mailed back by a different person!! How do they handle customer service in this manner?????
    This is a common occurrence for me, too. Changing credit card information and addresses is next to impossible on Matty. I wonder when these changes are going to kick in that ToyGuru mentioned before? They can't come soon enough!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I'm finding it hard to see the value in the sub minus the not having to be on the website on the day of sale as I've not been getting the figures until AFTER sale day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the perks supposed to be you had them prior to or at least close to the day of sale?

Not to mention you can't friggin' change your shipping option, which should be the easiest thing int he world to do for something that hasn't yet shipped and you haven't been billed for.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    ooo ooo ah ah ah....

And seriously, what's with the 2 weeks to get your shipment, I for one won't pay for UPS or $20 for next day, that's just stupid....they need priority or something. And I for one know that businesses like DR get discounts for shipping so much, and something the size of MOTUC basic figures only costs like $6 - $7 to ship, not $8, or $13 for me, and I don't get discounts. So tell me they couldn't charge like $5 - $6 for basic Priority shipping.
    This is the point that I've been making.

I can ship cheaper than Mattel? I don't think so. They screw us with the shipping cost and the shipping time.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So tell me they couldn't charge like $5 - $6 for basic Priority shipping.
    The extra couple bucks pays for packaging supplies (boxes, paper, tape, labels) and probably the labor.

if you have a subscription you also have to go to the original order date of the sub in your order history and update your CC info and delete all the old card info. This way there is only the new card info on your account and they have no choice but to charge the new card.

I had the same experience. Very frustrating.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    if you have a subscription you also have to go to the original order date of the sub in your order history and update your CC info and delete all the old card info. This way there is only the new card info on your account and they have no choice but to charge the new card.
    This man is exactly right. You must be sure that only your current card is on the site. The DEFAULT card should be your ONLY card.

I hope this helps a bit, but I have no suggestions regarding Digital River that don't involve going to India with violence on your mind....Which I am TOTALLY UP FOR, by the way.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    9/19 Hordak and Leech Shipped from Ontario, CA
    9/27 Hordak and Leech are delivered to... Ontario, CA

9/29
    Me: "Hello, I was wondering why you shipped my package to your own warehouse instead of to my home"

DR: "Yes, the package was delivered to Ontario, Canada"

Me: "No, it was delivered to Ontario, California; to your own warehouse"

DR: "Please hold"

long long long conversation

DR Supervisor: "OK, we'll send it back to you"

Me: "Can I have a ticket number?"

DR Supervisor: "No"

9/30

Me: "Any update"

DR: "Your package was shipped to Ontario, Canada"

Me: "No, it was shipped to Ontario, California; to your own warehouse"

DR: "Please Hold"

hold

DR: "OK, we've issued a refund."

Me: "I don't want a refund. I want my package"

DR: "I'm sorry, we can't do that."
    This is both hilarious and sad. I would never bother to call them, the only valid way of getting things solved (for me) was to post on matty's forum and ask a mod to push things further.

I had two medium sized problems with DR. Eve (from matty's forums) solved 1/5 of them, I was 1/5 happy about that and 500% happy to know there actually was a way of getting things solved.

Yeah, I had a month of back and forth with DR about a problem I had.
    I was lucky to finally get in contact with someone from Mattel on the Matty boards and he helped me out right away and resolved it.

Oh, yeah and judging by the accent, I don't think they are in India.
    I think they are in the Phillipines, if that even matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The extra couple bucks pays for packaging supplies (boxes, paper, tape, labels) and probably the labor.
    This costs them nothing, the labor is built into the jobs at the factories / warehouses, wherever they ship from, I have worked in warehouses, and the shipping is part your job, not an extra expense, especially for a large company that ships so much everyday. Now if you ship something Ebay or whatever, then yes, as we get no such discount, $5 to ship USPS, then say $2-$3 for supplies, but not DR, not Mattel, I have worked many places retail that ship UPS to customers, and we charged nothing extra, and got discounts from UPS, and even on the USPS site you can find shipping discounts for those who do so much shipping over regular ship something once a year customers. SO how much volume does DR ship a month? .....I don't know, but I know it's well more than enough to qualify, I mean think how many have subs....then think how many buy day of....there you go. Cheaper shipping is something they can offer without any financial worries believe me. I Mean even BBTS.com, and Hasbrotoyshop.com are cheaper.

So even if "supplies" and "labor" were a reasonable argument, then what's with the time, almost 2 weeks, I can ship Parcel Post, and get it within a week. USPS ground sucks as an option....why should we have to wait for almost 2 weeks for our merchandise?, get Parcel Post or Priority Mail, even Media Mail gets to me sooner than what DR offers.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 20, 2011 at 04:25pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravestar View Post
    I know DR sucks, but did you delete your OLD card info? Sometimes if you don't delete the old card on your account it can cause problems.
    I cant see any option to delete old card profiles otherwise I would have done it ages ago.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Is this for a sub?

If it is, then you have to go into your order history and look up the original invoice that was issued when you originally ordered the sub last year. On that page it lists your CC that DR uses for the sub. It should be the same card you used to order the sub. You have to edit the CC on this page cause no matter what CC's are in your profile, THIS is the card that DR will always use to charge your sub.

Oh my word are you serious!! ah!
    But hang on, I did click on a link in the payment info page that said "use for subscription"

EDIT: I checked, the order definitely shows my new card number next to the 2011 sub order...
    Last edited by oICEMANo; October 20, 2011 at 05:53pm.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I've got to change my card details for my sub in April when my card expires and hearing stories like this make me very worried.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Widget
    Oh my word are you serious!! ah!
    But hang on, I did click on a link in the payment info page that said "use for subscription"

EDIT: I checked, the order definitely shows my new card number next to the 2011 sub order...
    Where did you find this at? I clicked on the link for my original subscription order and found no place to change card info or the 'use for subscription' option. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Is this for a sub?

If it is, then you have to go into your order history and look up the original invoice that was issued when you originally ordered the sub last year. On that page it lists your CC that DR uses for the sub. It should be the same card you used to order the sub. You have to edit the CC on this page cause no matter what CC's are in your profile, THIS is the card that DR will always use to charge your sub.
    I've deleted my old card information completely. However, when I select the link for the order number, I don't see any option to change the payment information.
    Last edited by Suffering Shad; October 21, 2011 at 11:49am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can a MOD add the escalation DR corporate number to the first post? I am about to fly off the handle and I can't seem to find it. I searched nearly every page but only came up with 866-585-5325. It is definitely the same service I get when I call the go matty line. They said there is no escalation department. I called last week and they said they would open an escalation claim. Guess what, I never heard back. When I called today, they said there was no claim filed. I am definitely filing a BBB report. This is literally theft!

EDIT: I found the 952-253-1234 number. Called it and got some punk kid that told me ask the Postal Service where my order was. I said it hasn't even gotten to the postal service yet and it has been more than two weeks since I ordered it. He literally replied "Do you want me to make up an answer for you?" This is absolutely ridiculous.
    Last edited by beastor; October 24, 2011 at 12:38pm.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    Can a MOD add the escalation DR corporate number to the first post? I am about to fly off the handle and I can't seem to find it. I searched nearly every page but only came up with 866-585-5325. It is definitely the same service I get when I call the go matty line. They said there is no escalation department. I called last week and they said they would open an escalation claim. Guess what, I never heard back. When I called today, they said there was no claim filed. I am definitely filing a BBB report. This is literally theft!

EDIT: I found the 952-253-1234 number. Called it and got some punk kid that told me ask the Postal Service where my order was. I said it hasn't even gotten to the postal service yet and it has been more than two weeks since I ordered it. He literally replied "Do you want me to make up an answer for you?" This is absolutely ridiculous.
    I'd actually been meaning to post the same request to have that number put in the first post with the instructions of when you call it and when get to the operator to ask for the Escalations Department. I must say, I am SHOCKED to hear of your experience! EVERY time I've called escalations they've been courteous and almost every time they've been able to fix my problem on that same call, usually in mere minutes.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'd actually been meaning to post the same request to have that number put in the first post with the instructions of when you call it and when get to the operator to ask for the Escalations Department. I must say, I am SHOCKED to hear of your experience! EVERY time I've called escalations they've been courteous and almost every time they've been able to fix my problem on that same call, usually in mere minutes.
    I was shocked as well - it was literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Good news is my Mad Matty pack finally arrived yesterday (same day my 10/17 order came in). So in totality it took 17 days for me to receive my order and I live two hours away from where these items originated in southern CA. I paid $16.60 in shipping fees. This is unnacceptable.

I should also add that I never received an email response from the three escalations I requested. Not in 48 hours, not in 72 hours, not ever...
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by beastor View Post
    I was shocked as well - it was literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Good news is my Mad Matty pack finally arrived yesterday (same day my 10/17 order came in). So in totality it took 17 days for me to receive my order and I live two hours away from where these items originated in southern CA. I paid $16.60 in shipping fees. This is unnacceptable.

I should also add that I never received an email response from the three escalations I requested. Not in 48 hours, not in 72 hours, not ever...
    last time i spoke with DR i asked to come and pick it ,so funny how my package went to NV and back to LA , i told them i will be there in 20 minutes

Heroic Warrior
    Hey All,

Need some guidance. I signed up for a few subs in Aug/Sep, but now the credit card number I used has been changed and won't work. i need to get the right card number to DR. Any advice on how to handle this? Their e-mail service is horrendous... what number should I call and what type of "service" should I expect?

Thanks!

Calculate the Tax

Has anyone actually calculated the amount of tax you are being charged?

From what little I have gathered, tax can only be calculated based on the item cost. Why is Matty charging me tax based on the item shipping + the cost?

October:
    Sub-Total $20.00
    Shipping $8.70
    Tax $2.37
    Total $31.07

The tax should have been apprx $1.65 based on 8.25%.
    20 + 8.7 + 8.25% = $2.367. Hmmmm, awkward.

So I emailed mattycollector.cs@digitalriver knowing full well how ugly this could get.

After 2 canned responses that told me to submit my tax-exempt status, I threatened to contact BBB, and received this response:

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

The charge that you are referring to is the sales tax for the purchase.

Applicable sales tax is automatically computed on both product(s) and
    shipping costs.

For international orders, pursuant to the Digital VAT Directive, as of
    1st July 2003, European customers will be charged 15% value-added tax
    (VAT) on all downloaded digital products and services including
    software. A national VAT rate will be applied on physical goods for
    customers based in EU countries. This VAT may not be shown as a separate
    charge during checkout and may instead be included in the product price
    (VAT inclusive pricing).

Taxes are only applied to the figures/items that are eligible for tax
    and not applicable on shipping costs.
    Please take note that shipping
    cost will vary depending on the total order's weight and shipping
    method.

If you would like to see the taxes applied on each of your purchase, you
    may look up your invoice online.

To view your invoice... blah blah blah.

Sincerely,
    Reginald T.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver

So it seems that they agree that the tax can only calculated based on the cost of the item. So my next step would be to get them to review the last 8 orders and provide a refund. A lot of work for $10 bucks? I THINK NOT!!!

Your thoughts?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aethril View Post

So it seems that they agree that the tax can only calculated based on the cost of the item. So my next step would be to get them to review the last 8 orders and provide a refund. A lot of work for $10 bucks? I THINK NOT!!!

Your thoughts?
    It's like I've said all along.

They're screwing us with the shipping cost and tax. If they get an extra few bucks out of each transaction multiplied by thousands of orders...nice little extra cash flow, huh?

Rip-off.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz