Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by aethril View Post
    Has anyone actually calculated the amount of tax you are being charged?

My latest email:

Reginald,

Thank you for your help.

By your own admission, "Taxes are only applied to the figures/items that are eligible for tax
    and not applicable on shipping costs."

Please expedite the refund process as I've outlined below.

Order Number: #### Tax should have been $3.30. I was charged $4.78. Refund = $1.48
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $3.30. I was charged $4.88. Refund = $1.58
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $1.65. I was charged $2.37. Refund = $0.72
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $12.37. I was charged $13.40. Refund = $1.03
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $4.95. I was charged $5.82. Refund = $0.87
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $3.30. I was charged $4.17. Refund = $0.87
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $6.60. I was charged $7.97. Refund = $1.37
    Order Number: #### Tax should have been $1.65. I was charged $2.37. Refund = $0.72

REFUND TOTAL = $9.67

Going forward, I do not expect this issue to continue. I will continue to honor the commitment I made to purchasing Mattel products, and you have a responsibility to provide accurate billing services.

Sincerely,

Me

I should have added, "and throw in a free wind raider while you're at it."
    Last edited by aethril; November 3, 2011 at 01:48pm. Reason: Attempted Humor

They're talking out of 2 sides of their mouth and don't know what's what.. again... see here...

Applicable sales tax is automatically computed on both product(s) and shipping costs.

Taxes are only applied to the figures/items that are eligible for tax
    and not applicable on shipping costs.
    Please take note that shipping
    cost will vary depending on the total order's weight and shipping
    method.
    So which is it? They are or they aren't?

The answer: THEY HAVE NO IDEA.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Digital River must have the fastest shipping department!

I accidentally made a double order, because my browser freezed during the ordering process.

After I got two order confirmations I contact them to cancel the other one and they responded:

"unfortunately we were unable to do so. Your order was processed for
    shipment immediately upon completion, and no changes were able to be
    made."

And the time when I contact them... 5 minutes after I got those confirmations.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Wow! Just wow. I've been reading through a lot of the posts in this thread (the fact it's stickied is commentary in and of itself) and I'm truly appalled at how some of you have been treated by what is supposed to be a trusted, well-run, and scrupulous business's customer service department. In my opinion, it's abysmally poor business practice on the part of MC and I can't see how any reputable commercial enterprise could stand for it, let alone perpetuate it. Quite simply they're jilting their customers. If they valued us at all, it would simply not be like this.

As a result I, for one, am over MC as presently constructed/operated. I'm astute enough to not only identify, but also get out of a raw deal when I spot one. Now mind you, this strong sentiment is coming from an avid fan of the line with keen interest in the product so, don't get me wrong, there's a draw. I'm not hating. Merely keeping it real. The product is truly amazing. It's just the primary means to obtain it however, is sorely in need of a reboot. Although I'm a fledgling consumer with the site in question, having placed a lone order, I've seen all I need to. This was on Oct 20th and here it is, the eve of the 15th day since having placed that order and yet I am still without my merchandise. Really? After the outrageously inflated prices charged for post (particularly for a large wholesaler), I wonder, is this the best that can be done? No other on-line retailer seems to suffer from such slow-footedness when it comes to shipping. So what gives? For what I coughed over for shipping, I would expect the speed of delivery to my residence to border teleportation! In any event, upon sifting through this thread, I've come to ascertain this processing timeframe is the norm, or even worse still, the best one could hope for. And nevermind some of the more egregious acts of disregard committed by Digital River documented by other members here. Geesh! No, I'm sorry, that's unacceptable in my book and highly unsatisfactory overall. Time to go! From here on out, I will happily take my business elsewhere...to third party resellers...pay a few extra bucks for my desired figures and be glad when they arrive sometime before the turn of the century. Good service is worth the extra expenditure in the end as far as I'm concerned. To all the subscribers, how do you deal with this nonsense on a month-to-month basis?

I don't know, until MattyCollector gets their act together and starts catering to their customers with a little more care, they won't be getting any more of my attention.

//End rant//
    Last edited by McSoundwave; November 5, 2011 at 04:19pm.

OMG! How can DR possibly get ANY WORSE!!!

MATTEL! ***!!! The worlds 'leading' toy maker?!?!?! Really??
    ...yet uses the most incompetent e-commerce service provider, Digital River?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

CS just gets worse and WORSE!

Before my orders would take only a few days to arrive, and now, not only is shipping more expensive, but it is also going on 2 weeks plus, for my orders to arrive!

I am SOOOOooooo over Mattel and DR, I think I'm just about ready to simply resort to the secondary market, and cancel my subscriptions for 2012.
    – No comment.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post

I accidentally made a double order, because my browser freezed during the ordering process.

After I got two order confirmations I contact them to cancel the other one and they responded:

made."

They DO have the fastest shipping ever...

That's why NOT ONE TIME, has my subscription shipped out before the 16th, even though I'm charged for it as much as a full week ahead of time!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

my latest email:

By your own admission, "taxes are only applied to the figures/items that are eligible for tax
    and not applicable on shipping costs."

UNBELIEVABLE!

Check out the latest response:

Dear Me,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regarding your refund request, we have process a total credit of $9.67
    from order #### instead of refunding partial refunds on all the
    orders. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your
    credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the
    same credit card statement as the original charge.

Sincerely,
    Diana B.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

While this did get my hopes up, I will remain a skeptic until the refund is processed, and until my next monthly figure is billed. I'd like to call this a victory, but I don't think it is, even a broken clock is right twice a day. MC ending ties with DR still gets my vote.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Check out the latest response:

Dear Me,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regarding your refund request, we have process a total credit of $9.67
    from order #### instead of refunding partial refunds on all the
    orders. Please allow 5 - 7 days for the credit to be applied to your
    credit card. Due to billing cycles, the refund may not appear on the
    same credit card statement as the original charge.

Sincerely,
    Diana B.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com

While this did get my hopes up, I will remain a skeptic until the refund is processed, and until my next monthly figure is billed. I'd like to call this a victory, but I don't think it is, even a broken clock is right twice a day. MC ending ties with DR still gets my vote.
    "DEAR ME"

I don't know if that's funny or sad.... leaning towards sad. 4 year olds could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    "DEAR ME"

I don't know if that's funny or sad.... leaning towards sad. 4 year olds could do better.
    I'm sure that's the poster editing out his name for privacy, and not what DR sent.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I'm sure that's the poster editing out his name for privacy, and not what DR sent.
    Probably, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Oh my word are you serious!! ah!
    But hang on, I did click on a link in the payment info page that said "use for subscription"

EDIT: I checked, the order definitely shows my new card number next to the 2011 sub order...
    Pardon my ignorance. I was just on the phone with DR regarding my 2011 sub. I was trying to explain to them that the current card i'm using to pay for my sub has been compromised because of a fraudulent purchase, and that I needed to change CC info since my bank will be replacing my old card with a new one.

She did not seem to understand what I was attempting to inquire about so I figured I'd check with the .org to see if anyone has had a similar experience. I came across your post and just clicked on the "use for subscription" button. Has this worked for anyone else?

No joke, talking to DR's customer service is very very taxing. I need an aspirin.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I received yet ANOTHER defective figure (my 5th or 6th this year). And after arguing with DR for 3 weeks, I called and spoke to a manager. They're doing this whole "ship it back to us and we'll replace it" crap. By the time I actually have a non-defective figure in my possession, it will be about 6 weeks from the sale date. This is ridiculous. I think I'm on their watch list because I've had so many defective figures. The manager made some remark about he was sure that I had an extra box I could put it in.

I have never claimed that a figure needed to be replaced when it didn't, and it has to be a pretty serious defect for me to complain. Does anyone else get this many bad products?

Cancelling sub?

Has anyone successfully cancelled their sub? I was told I couldn't cancel it (I want to do so because I can't handle the terrible customer service anymore) yet last month they "accidently" cancelled it without my request. I actually received and email titled "Your request to cancel your subscription has been approved".

So what steps have others taken to cancel subscription? Cancelling a credit card and getting a new one? Would that be successful? And if so were you able to successfully order a single figure out of subscription in a later month with your new card?

I don't want to give up the line, I have no ill will towards Mattel, this is all on DR, but I cant handle the hassles that come with subscribing anymore. I'd rather just pick and choose figures and order on my own accord so I am not dealing with double billing, and random cancellations.

Thanks for any info.

For some reason I have been charged twice!

The Mattycollector website would not check out but then the page reloaded with an empty cart (I never received the 'Order completed' screen) so I figured that the order didn't go through and tried again.

Suddenly I was charged twice for two different orders when I only saw one 'order completed' screen! I called Matty to cancel the order but the support person just told me that they couldn't do anything about it!

I only made one order yet got charged twice due to website glitch. I should get my money refunded not told 'too bad we can't do anything about it' by the support staff, specially when I called right away.

I now have been charged $134 for stuff I never ordered! I have been taken for the Ass!!

I have also sent them an email but it probably won't get read until the order gets shipped so I am screwed either way.
    Last edited by kup; November 15, 2011 at 01:19pm.

Congrats to me, I got my refund!

However, I have been overcharged on tax again, this time on my November Sub. It may seem petty, but LET THE BATTLE FOR MY $1 BEGIN!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    For some reason I have been charged twice!

The Mattycollector website would not check out but then the page reloaded with an empty cart (I never received the 'Order completed' screen) so I figured that the order didn't go through and tried again.

Suddenly I was charged twice for two different orders when I only saw one 'order completed' screen! I called Matty to cancel the order but the support person just told me that they couldn't do anything about it!

I only made one order yet got charged twice due to website glitch. I should get my money refunded not told 'too bad we can't do anything about it' by the support staff, specially when I called right away.

I now have been charged $134 for stuff I never ordered! I have been taken for the Ass!!

I have also sent them an email but it probably won't get read until the order gets shipped so I am screwed either way.
    Call your credit card company and tell them to reverse the charge. Tell them you only made one order and they aren't giving you a refund. Same thing happened to me last month. DR is terrible. It's too bad Mattel can't find a better service to use.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I cant see any option to delete old card profiles otherwise I would have done it ages ago.
    Yes this is the fundamental problem. You can't currently delete an old card. Furthermore, even though they can mess up your acccount and change your password without notice, DR claim to be unable to removed an expired card from an account themselves.

The stupid thing is that there used to be a delete card option!

I am also frustrated by receiving messages from different people. I don't think it would be unreasonable for customer service assistants to take personal responsibility for a problem until it is fixed and to use individual e-mail addresses.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Well now I have a horror story of my own. A friend of mine is a DCU collector, so I ordered him up one of the Legion 12 packs last months so we could save a little on shipping while I ordered my Flipshot. When it finally showed up (after almost 2 weeks... and I live in the Sacramento area), his Ultraboy was missing a piece (one of the red boot coverings).

I called Digital River and spoke to someone, she said they'd fill out a service ticket and someone would contact me within 72 hours. They don't seem to have any clue about what the product is. I gave up trying to explain to her that one of the pieces on one of the figures was missing, and just said "there is a problem with one of the figures". Three days come, three days go, I hear nothing back. I call the next day, explain what happened, she apologizes, says it looks like a ticket never actually got made, she'll make one, and someone would contact me within 72 hours. Three more days of no response. I call the next day, guy says it looks like no ticket got made, he apologizes profusely, says someone will contact me in 24-48 hours. No contact. I call yet again, the lady now says yes there is a ticket, but it should have been 48-72 hours, not 24-48 hours. Pathetic.

In the meantime, I had contacted Mattel directly. Their solution was that I pay to ship back my defective item, and they will refund me $180. Apparently I am supposed to eat the cost of shipping both directions as well as tax for their lack of quality control.

The next day, I finally hear from someone at DR. Now they want me to ship the entire item back and they will send a replacement. If my friend is good with this, by the time he gets a replacement, two months will likely have gone by since the original sale date. Just pathetic.

Just another reason I am thinking of getting out of the line. Trying to deal with DR just isn't worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    Just another reason I am thinking of getting out of the line. Trying to deal with DR just isn't worth the hassle.
    First things first...sorry to hear about your misfortune. Second, this thread in general makes me all the more thankful I never once considered purchasing a subscription for my MOTUC figures. You know, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Get your figures from the secondary market. Don't resign to give up on the line because the customer service for their on-line e-tailer is ****. Just flush said **** and that's DR!

I just wish they would dump Digital River. If it costs a little more to go through another company, I would be more than happy to pay a little more for my figures to have the whole process handled in a competent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by McSoundwave View Post
    First things first...sorry to hear about your misfortune. Second, this thread in general makes me all the more thankful I never once considered purchasing a subscription for my MOTUC figures. You know, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Get your figures from the secondary market. Don't resign to give up on the line because the customer service for their on-line e-tailer is ****. Just flush said **** and that's DR!
    You can still get screwed without a subscription. Look at what happened to me in the last matty sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post

made."

Exactly the same issue here...I insisted 3 times and finally had my duplicated order cancelled...

DR shipped 1 of my 3 subscriptions. The form says 3 Snout Spouts and 3 Swiftwinds shipped. Here's the problem, the No. of pieces says 1 and the weight...5lbs. A bit light for 6 items. I thought the box looked a little small.

So I called the number on the Matty website, it's the one for Mattel warranty, not Matty. So I get the Matty number, call them and get a clueless person who has trouble even bringing up the order. She says someone will call me in 2-3 business days. Gee, thanks.

So I look at the UPS shipper label, and oops, DCL Fulfillment Center has their phone number on it. So I called them. They seemed a bit surprised I had their number. The woman asked for an order number, and said all the items were shipped. I said there is no way 6 items = 5lbs and she agreed (she could see it in her records too). So I ended up having to leave a message on someone's voicemail. Not impressed with the customer service from any of the people I talked to tonight.

We'll see how much crap I have to go through to fix this latest mess up.

Does Mattel even pay attention to this thread? Things seems seem to be as bad as it always has been, perhaps worse.

Moving

I believe this issue has been brought up before, but it's still not resolved.

I knew I was moving at the beginning of October, so I called on Monday 9/26/11 (after I'd received my September subscription) to update my address. I also updated the information on Mattycollector.com.

October rolled along, we moved, and I got my shipping confirmation. So, the delivery date (10/21) rolled around and I got nothing. I checked the status and it showed that the order was delivered. That's when I noticed that the shipping confirmation e-mail has my old address. My fault for not looking sooner, but they had supposedly updated it almost a month prior.

I called that night, they said they updated my address, and they shipped me a replacement (which I received). So far, so good.

On Tuesday (11/15), I got my shipping confirmation e-mail for my November subscription, and it still had my old address. I called again (third time) and spoke with a representative who said she'd update my address and create a ticket to have my sub order re-routed.

I called today (delivery day for the November sub) to verify that the previous rep had done what she'd said she'd do. She had not. She had updated most of my address (they still had my old zip code), but had done nothing about the November sub order, which was delivered today. To my old address.

Soooo, the rep I spoke with today updated my zip code (or so I'm told) and, after 1 hour, 6 minutes, and 38 seconds, created a ticket (this time I was actually given a ticket number) to address the mis-delivery of the November sub order.

This is ridiculous. I should not have to call four times AND go online to get my shipping address updated.

I am nervous about December and petrified about 2012 (both regular and 30th anniversary subs).

The other odd thing is that no sub orders after September appear on my order history on mattycollector (October or November), but my Icarius replacement order does (as does my non-sub order from 11/15).