Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Issues with Digital River Customer Service

Oh Steve! He's getting to know me real well!

Heroic Warrior
    So, I get the refund e-mail at 1:19 pm and got this one at 6:05am

Dear Kenneth Hall,

Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

The MattyCollector.com online store strives to offer the products at the
    lowest available prices. Unfortunately, we are unable to match prices
    and discounts.

Sincerely,
    Carol G.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service
    mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com
    Email ID: 20712658

Efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Received a SWIFT WIND on Saturday, November 19th, with two right front legs and tabs that broke in the socket upon assembly (yes, I had the wings in the correct sockets, and the hexagon pegs lined up with the hexagon sockets). I called them the day he arrived, and they said they would contact me via phone or email within 48 hours. When they did not, I called again and they said they'd put high priority on it and contact me by Friday. Since I first contacted them, two of their deadlines have passed, and I have not heard a word from them. I called them again on the 26th and they said that they were sending out an email with information about the replacement. Now that I've called three times and waited over a week for an email, I will be calling them one more time, and inform them that if they give me another date that they subsequently miss, I'll be informing my credit card company that I was charged full price for faulty merchandise and recommend that action be taken.
    Made my FOURTH CALL to customer service today, and was told that they would mark it as high priority, and I should receive an email regarding the replacement within 48-72 hours. If you feel like you've read this before, it's only because this is exactly what they told me the second time I spoke with them.

This is getting out of hand. I don't know what to do when someone just keeps telling you that they'll do something, and each time you speak to them the story doesn't change, they just apologize and then repeat the story. It feels like I'm arguing with a light post; things could continue this way indefinitely, and I could be posting about my eighth call at Christmas with them telling me that they are raising the priority and the ticket has been printed, whatever the **** that means.

Please, if anyone has any advice or knows what legal rights I have, I'm just at wits end here, and I don't want to call them and scream (I know whoever I talk to doesn't have any direct control), but it seems like anything less will be ignored. And I don't want to get just a refund; I want a properly assembled, unbroken toy.
    On November 30th I finally received an email requesting the following:

Contact Name for Pick-Up:
    Is the Pick-up Address Residential or a Business:

Pick-Up Address:

Business Name (if applicable):

Contact’s Telephone Number:

Number of packages to pick up:
    I was disturbed by the fact that not only is this all information that they already have, but that it is about picking up the damaged product, but makes no mention of my replacement. After waiting over ten days just for a response that was promised within 72 hours, if they think I'm going to hand over the toy without actually having the replacement in hand, they're out of their minds. So I called a FIFTH time. They assured me that this is a formality just to get my request in writing, and that the replacement will ship. I still haven't received a shipment confirmation, and until I get the replacement, open it, and assemble it to make sure it isn't faulty as well, they will not be getting anything from me. And if they want me to send anything back, they'd better send a prepaid shipping label or something, because I'm not about to pay out of my pocket, hoping that they'll eventually get around to reimbursing me.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

All I can suggest is if people are getting the run-around from DR make a complaint with the BBB. I've had to do this three times now and it was the only way I could get them to sort my orders.

I point-blank refuse to telephone America to be given the brush-off!

It seems that DR are issuing refunds instead of replacements so be careful.

I received a refund for shipping, I guess it was a courtesy thing, we'll see. They still maintain my case is high priority and they are waiting for Mattel to send they the product to ship (I only received 1 of 3 subs). Sounds like BS.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to them saying they need to wait for merchandise? Anyone encountered this before?

They did it with Stay Puft. Apparently they ship out all the big (read scalper!) orders first, then work their way down to orders with only one figure/item. Of course, if they've only got 5000 figures and Scalp-Or takes the bulk of those, by the time they get down to smaller orders there's none left, so we have to wait for the ship from China to come in. :roll:

I only ordered one Stay Puft, take a guess at how long I had to wait for him to ship out?

Received an order last night for my missing sub figures (for $0), so a step in the right direction. Now I hope I get the shipping verification.

Heroic Warrior
    Called back today got to supervisor after this guy asking me for a reason and I said I wanted to that's why.

Then when he transferred me told the supervisor lady my name was Vinny it's Kenneth, then she asked what it started with, when I said K she seemed baffled for a few minutes.

I told her to note that their reps needed to learn better english skills.

Befotr someone steps up to complain, but if you are going to work for an American company learn more of the language of the people you are trying to assist.

Hey actually got my refund cleared into my account, about time.
    Last edited by Jestermon; December 6, 2011 at 01:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestermon View Post
    Called back today got to supervisor after this guy asking me for a reason and I said I wanted to that's why.

Then when he transferred me told the supervisor lady my name was Vinny it's Kenneth, then she asked what it started with, when I said K she seemed baffled for a few minutes.

I told her to note that their reps needed to learn better english skills.

Befotr someone steps up to complain, but if you are going to work for an American company learn more of the language of the people you are trying to assist.

Hey actually got my refund cleared into my account, about time.
    Nice work, I look forward to post a similar story.

Heroic Warrior
    Today box arrived everything ok, except when it gets here it's sealed with scotch tape, I would say someone cut into the box then re-sealed, but they didn't the original person missed the other side of the box flap and so my box was just open like an inch.

Will post pictures later.

Sooooooooooo Scott was given our list of complaints that he requested back in September...when does anyone think we're supposed to see any changes implemented?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they go by Eternian time not Earth time?

Called about Swifty w/ 2 right legs, wasn't given a ticket number. Waited about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, and called back. Turns out a ticket wasn't made. This time the guy says he can't give me a ticket # because it hasn't been created yet, but he gave me his name and employee #. 2 days later I call back, bc I hadn't heard from them, and turns out, once again, no ticket was created. I am on hold with my 3rd CS call, and am just hoping that I am speaking to one of the select few employees who ACTUALLY DOES THEIR JOB!!!

Oh, now she says that a ticket was created from the second call I made, but that it only showed up on her computer when she tried to create a new one. What the heck is going on over their?

Matty decided to email me and request that I arrange for a pickup of the items before they send replacements. I basically told them there was no way in hell that I'm sending anything back until I get replacements that I know are not defective. I told them this whole ordeal has been ludicrous.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I received my 11/15 package today. I ordered 2 Snout Spouts, 3 BP She-Ra's, 3 Swiftwinds.... I received 2 BP She-Ra's, 3 Swiftwinds.... I'm missing 3 figures. So I called, very nice person on the phone, she said she'd escalate it and will make a new order for the replacement figures and I'll receive an email from Escalation in 48-72 hours.

Sounds good to me.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    This will be their response:

Yes sir we have possibly verified you received 2 BP She-Ra's, 3 Swiftwinds we do not understand what your issue may be.

Digital River

Got this email today, after I emailed them on the 7th because I hadn't gotten an update after the December 2nd email that told me they'd respond in 1-3 days.

"Thank you for contacting the MattyCollector.com online store.

We are still actively working to resolve your case. Unfortunately we
    have not to date reach a resolution. Your case has been escalated and is
    being treated with a high priority.

We will continue to keep you updated until a resolution has been
    achieved.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
    Carol G.
    MattyCollector.com online store
    Customer Service"

Wow, my claim has escalated. Whatever. Ha, tech. doesn't this email even mean that NOTHING could be resolved, so I can expect to NEVER get an update? The resolution is that I will wait indef.

And what's with this part of the email:
    "Unfortunately we have not to date reach a resolution. Your case has been escalated and is
    being treated with a high priority."

Could the phrasing be a bit better?
    Last edited by Havok1891; December 8, 2011 at 09:16pm.

RESULT!!!

I finally received my replacement today, and there are no issues with breakage or bad assembly, and this one's wings are actually tight (my first one had a broken right wing and a loose left wing). So I'm not happy that it took so much badgering to get this taken care of, but I'm relieved that I finally got a good replacement to display.

They actually did make me return the damaged one (which I think they should've let me keep after the Hell they put me through), and I let UPS come and go empty-handed twice, but they told me that if I don't give them the package on the third attempt, they'd make me pay to ship it back. I got an email confirming that the replacement had shipped, so I gave the bad one to them on the third day. I didn't want to give them anything before I was certain that the replacement was here and in good condition, but there was no way I was going to let them charge me for anything more.

Even though the issue has been resolved, the amount of effort it took on my part is absolutely unacceptable. Not looking forward to dealing with them ever again.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I got a mail informing me of a refund today, but I don't know why. I haven't complained or sent them any mail at all. It is from one of my BlackFriday orders. They refunded me an order with 2 figures, but not the shipping.

And I still don't know, why they did that ... as I haven't canceled anything or similar. And the goods were already sent on the 29th of November.

It's weird. But I'm not gonna answer them, I will wait and see what happens. The order should arrive within the next week, so I'm just gonna sit it out.

Anyone experienced something similar?
    Last edited by belmont; December 10, 2011 at 02:06am.

I received the dc universe black vulcan figure with my order. The figure is broke. I have called mattycollector 3 times with promises that someone will be in contact with me. almost 2 weeks later 3 phone calls and 3 emails with no response at all. I have even emailed mattel directly with no response. Anyone have any suggestions for this???

Maybe what annoys me most about this refund I should be getting, is that it will be going right back to them anyway for the sale following when it happens, if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    I received my 11/15 package today. I ordered 2 Snout Spouts, 3 BP She-Ra's, 3 Swiftwinds.... I received 2 BP She-Ra's, 3 Swiftwinds.... I'm missing 3 figures. So I called, very nice person on the phone, she said she'd escalate it and will make a new order for the replacement figures and I'll receive an email from Escalation in 48-72 hours.

Sounds good to me.

Drewsky...
    I'm on my 3rd call and keep getting "Escalations is still dealing with this and you will be contacted in 48 to 72 hours". It's been 2 weeks and 2 calls since my first call and no contact.

Anyone have Scott's number so I can call him and ask him why DR cannot do their part?

Scott, Digital River (should be renamed Sewage River) is kilin the lein!!!!

Court Magician
    Order placed for Skeletor and Webstor on 11/28/2011. Tracking page says it hasn't moved from CA since. I call DR and the guy tells me to wait 10 days and call back. I tell him it's already been more than 10 days and he says, "Oh, ok. I'll create a ticket and you'll be hearing from the Escalations Dept. in 24-72 hours."

What?

I've already had a problem with Man-E-Faces missing his bonus head and that took a month and a half to get taken care of. Here we go again.

Heroic Warrior
    This is how my package arrived.
    Attached Images Attached Images